Subject: A basic set up to weld aluminum with a airco 300 square wave
From: 0f850390...@example.com (Mikec)
Sender: Mikec <0f8503901d844703eea1acecb7a4938a_2779@example.com>
Newsgroups: sci.engr.joining.welding
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 22:18:02 +0000
 by: Mikec - Sat, 21 Aug 2021 22:18 UTC

I cannot find a manual for this,I have with much time and flipping this switch
that nob finally got it stick welding.great but my issue is ,I was a pipe
welder for years useing GTAW and stick every day usually with 70 series rod
and filler wire for Tig bit never in my life ran into a older machine like
this old girl,got it to do aluminum looking for a simple setup starting point
to just get started a basic starting point there is so many nobs and switches
it would be greatly appreciated if someone out there could give me a starting
point with that perticular machine what my settings would ruffly be for 3/32
tungsten and filler wire for.3/16 aluminum plate Thanks a bunch to anyone who
can help me out here

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/welding/a-basic-set-up-to-weld-aluminum-with-a-airco-300-square-wave-54687-.htm

Re: A basic set up to weld aluminum with a airco 300 square wave

<00t7ig5skv1k94rr7fibu8jb2fi3cg22av@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=89&group=sci.engr.joining.welding#89

From: randy...@aol.com
Newsgroups: sci.engr.joining.welding
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 15:32:34 -0400
 by: randy...@aol.com - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 19:32 UTC

Controls look similar to a Miller Syncrowave. Get a manual for that
machine. Look for an older Syncrowave 350.

contactor = remote for a foot pedal or finger tip switch.

Weld current = local, or remote if using a foot pedal or finger tip
control.

crater fill = OFF

spot time = OFF

start current = OFF

preflow = set to 1

post flow = set to 5 - 10 or to keep tungsten clean.

ac balance = full CW for max penetration ( clean your work piece
first) or start at 50/50

pulsar = off, ignore the rest of those controls.

high freq = ON Continuous ( always continuous for AC TIG )

Big switch set to AC

range = high

amps = 150

That should get you started.