Make it idiot-proof, and someone will breed a better idiot. -- Oliver Elphick

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with guns

SubjectAuthor
* Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with gunsRick C
`* Re: Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with gunsRalph Mowery
 `* Re: Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with gunsRick C
  `* Re: Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with gunsFlyguy
   +* Re: Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with gunsPhil Allison
   |`* Re: Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with gunsFlyguy
   | `- Re: Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with gunsPhil Allison
   +* Re: Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with gunsRick C
   |`- Re: Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with gunsFlyguy
   `- Re: Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with gunsDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

1
Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with guns

<5b90b107-4512-4339-8516-2b6352d42fafn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88927&group=sci.electronics.design#88927

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 08:29:02 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with guns
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 16:29 UTC

Result, one dead good guy with a gun.

https://katu.com/news/local/deputy-shoots-kills-off-duty-vancouver-pd-officer-who-fought-robbery-suspect-at-his-home

Re: Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with guns

<MPG.3c61df3ea2b24ded989bf5@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88931&group=sci.electronics.design#88931

From: rmower...@charter.net (Ralph Mowery)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with guns
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 11:58:24 -0500
 by: Ralph Mowery - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 16:58 UTC

In article <5b90b107-4512-4339-8516-2b6352d42fafn@googlegroups.com>,
gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com says...

> Result, one dead good guy with a gun.
>
> https://katu.com/news/local/deputy-shoots-kills-off-duty-vancouver-pd-officer-who-fought-robbery-suspect-at-his-home

Really bad when one cop shoots another cop.

Re: Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with guns

<588af3b4-df1b-47dc-88fa-08c3c3e709c5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88935&group=sci.electronics.design#88935

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 09:50:40 -0800 (PST)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 17:50 UTC

On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 11:58:35 AM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
> In article <5b90b107-4512-4339...@googlegroups.com>,
> gnuarm.del...@gmail.com says...
> >
> > Result, one dead good guy with a gun.
> >
> > https://katu.com/news/local/deputy-shoots-kills-off-duty-vancouver-pd-officer-who-fought-robbery-suspect-at-his-home
> >

> Really bad when one cop shoots another cop.

Same thing happened in PG county around Washington a few decades back. A DC cop found his home broken into and called 911, pulled his gun and entered the house. A few minutes later two PG county cops pull up, see a gun in the house with a gun and shoot and kill him. It was the DC cop.

Just as bad, a PG county cop came home to his apartment to find the door was not locked. He pulls his gun and when he finds someone in the kitchen he shoots and kills him. It was the janitor changing the air filters.

Good guys with guns aren't always so good either.

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with guns

<d43f3e0a-9373-487b-9ec1-d0dfb1e8ee02n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88957&group=sci.electronics.design#88957

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 14:44:05 -0800 (PST)
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 22:44 UTC

On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 9:50:44 AM UTC-8, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 11:58:35 AM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
> > In article <5b90b107-4512-4339...@googlegroups.com>,
> > gnuarm.del...@gmail.com says...
> > >
> > > Result, one dead good guy with a gun.
> > >
> > > https://katu.com/news/local/deputy-shoots-kills-off-duty-vancouver-pd-officer-who-fought-robbery-suspect-at-his-home
> > >

> > Really bad when one cop shoots another cop.
> Same thing happened in PG county around Washington a few decades back. A DC cop found his home broken into and called 911, pulled his gun and entered the house. A few minutes later two PG county cops pull up, see a gun in the house with a gun and shoot and kill him. It was the DC cop.
>
> Just as bad, a PG county cop came home to his apartment to find the door was not locked. He pulls his gun and when he finds someone in the kitchen he shoots and kills him. It was the janitor changing the air filters.
>
> Good guys with guns aren't always so good either.
>
> --
>
> Rick C.
>
> + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
> + Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

I expect the widow to file a wrongful death lawsuit against Clark County. The deputy committed several mistakes:
1. They were informed that the homeowner was armed, but shot an armed man anyhow.
2. First rule of using deadly force: identify your target, the deputy did not do this.
3. There was no one who's life was in danger, so the shooting was unjustified.

If you are ever in this situation do not try to make an arrest yourself because the police won't know who you are when they arrive. Go to a defensible area with everyone in the house, such as a bedroom, and await for the police to arrive. Let them make the arrest. This guy went into the cop mode, not appreciating the danger that put him into.

Re: Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with guns

<171167a3-3cfc-4a39-84b8-dcfffa69a19an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88968&group=sci.electronics.design#88968

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 16:10:13 -0800 (PST)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Tue, 1 Feb 2022 00:10 UTC

Flyguy = Fuckwit wrote:
====================
> I expect the widow to file a wrongful death lawsuit against Clark County. The deputy committed several mistakes:
>
> 1. They were informed that the homeowner was armed, but shot an armed man anyhow.

** But you have no idea why.

> 2. First rule of using deadly force: identify your target, the deputy did not do this.

** There is no such rule.

You shoot to protect yourself or others when facing an imminent lethal threat.
Asking for ID would be absurd.

> 3. There was no one who's life was in danger, so the shooting was unjustified.

** Hindsight is always 20:20 vision and 100% irrelevant !!!

Like you.

...... Phil

Re: Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with guns

<146f32e4-d5f8-41d5-af24-2f3c11942cb6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88976&group=sci.electronics.design#88976

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 17:04:47 -0800 (PST)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Tue, 1 Feb 2022 01:04 UTC

On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 5:44:09 PM UTC-5, Flyguy wrote:
> On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 9:50:44 AM UTC-8, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 11:58:35 AM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
> > > In article <5b90b107-4512-4339...@googlegroups.com>,
> > > gnuarm.del...@gmail.com says...

> > > Really bad when one cop shoots another cop.
> > Same thing happened in PG county around Washington a few decades back. A DC cop found his home broken into and called 911, pulled his gun and entered the house. A few minutes later two PG county cops pull up, see a gun in the house with a gun and shoot and kill him. It was the DC cop.
> >
> > Just as bad, a PG county cop came home to his apartment to find the door was not locked. He pulls his gun and when he finds someone in the kitchen he shoots and kills him. It was the janitor changing the air filters.
> >
> > Good guys with guns aren't always so good either.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Rick C.
> >
> > + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
> > + Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
> I expect the widow to file a wrongful death lawsuit against Clark County. The deputy committed several mistakes:
> 1. They were informed that the homeowner was armed, but shot an armed man anyhow.
> 2. First rule of using deadly force: identify your target, the deputy did not do this.
> 3. There was no one who's life was in danger, so the shooting was unjustified.
>
> If you are ever in this situation do not try to make an arrest yourself because the police won't know who you are when they arrive. Go to a defensible area with everyone in the house, such as a bedroom, and await for the police to arrive. Let them make the arrest. This guy went into the cop mode, not appreciating the danger that put him into.

You mean the cop went into cop mode? Yeah, I believe they are trained to do that.

The take away from this is that having a gun for protection is not the magic bullet people think it is. It is just as likely to get you or someone else in your home killed. More likely actually. This is an example.

Who was that guy who argued about gun issues because he was highly trained and had a carry permit and based his arguments on the idea that everyone with a gun was like him. That would be fine, were it so. But you can't even be safe from Deputy Barney Fife and the one bullet he carried in his pocket.

--

Rick C.

-- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with guns

<2d3947bc-6b2f-4aa5-a9c7-ad3a38c39e72n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88995&group=sci.electronics.design#88995

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 20:20:02 -0800 (PST)
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Tue, 1 Feb 2022 04:20 UTC

On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 4:10:18 PM UTC-8, palli...@gmail.com wrote:
> Flyguy = Fuckwit wrote:
> ====================
> > I expect the widow to file a wrongful death lawsuit against Clark County. The deputy committed several mistakes:
> >
> > 1. They were informed that the homeowner was armed, but shot an armed man anyhow.
> ** But you have no idea why.
Because he fucked up.
> > 2. First rule of using deadly force: identify your target, the deputy did not do this.
> ** There is no such rule.
Fuck YES there is, but you are too stupid to know it.

> You shoot to protect yourself or others when facing an imminent lethal threat.
> Asking for ID would be absurd.
No one was in imminent danger, fool.
> > 3. There was no one who's life was in danger, so the shooting was unjustified.
> ** Hindsight is always 20:20 vision and 100% irrelevant !!!
Police are trained in these procedures that you are woefully ignorant of, and are expected to follow them - this has NOTHING to do with "hindsight."

> Like you.
>

> ...... Phil

Re: Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with guns

<e84b7b29-3bc1-45fb-aa39-1066ffca32d8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88998&group=sci.electronics.design#88998

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 20:28:52 -0800 (PST)
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Tue, 1 Feb 2022 04:28 UTC

On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 5:04:51 PM UTC-8, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 5:44:09 PM UTC-5, Flyguy wrote:

> > > Same thing happened in PG county around Washington a few decades back.. A DC cop found his home broken into and called 911, pulled his gun and entered the house. A few minutes later two PG county cops pull up, see a gun in the house with a gun and shoot and kill him. It was the DC cop.
> > >
> > > Just as bad, a PG county cop came home to his apartment to find the door was not locked. He pulls his gun and when he finds someone in the kitchen he shoots and kills him. It was the janitor changing the air filters.
> > >
> > > Good guys with guns aren't always so good either.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Rick C.
> > >
> > > + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
> > > + Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
> > I expect the widow to file a wrongful death lawsuit against Clark County. The deputy committed several mistakes:
> > 1. They were informed that the homeowner was armed, but shot an armed man anyhow.
> > 2. First rule of using deadly force: identify your target, the deputy did not do this.
> > 3. There was no one who's life was in danger, so the shooting was unjustified.
> >
> > If you are ever in this situation do not try to make an arrest yourself because the police won't know who you are when they arrive. Go to a defensible area with everyone in the house, such as a bedroom, and await for the police to arrive. Let them make the arrest. This guy went into the cop mode, not appreciating the danger that put him into.
> You mean the cop went into cop mode? Yeah, I believe they are trained to do that.
>
> The take away from this is that having a gun for protection is not the magic bullet people think it is. It is just as likely to get you or someone else in your home killed. More likely actually. This is an example.
>
> Who was that guy who argued about gun issues because he was highly trained and had a carry permit and based his arguments on the idea that everyone with a gun was like him. That would be fine, were it so. But you can't even be safe from Deputy Barney Fife and the one bullet he carried in his pocket.

If he had done what I recommended he would be alive today. This almost happened to the FBI agent that wrote the book Mind Hunters, which became a Netflix series. He said he was never more scared, before or since, than he was that night - fortunately the other cop yelled at him to freeze, and he did. This is why the deputy fucked up by not properly identifying the target.

> --
>
> Rick C.
>
> -- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
> -- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with guns

<40fcb1d6-62f6-400d-a5f3-1991b1a148f1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=89026&group=sci.electronics.design#89026

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 23:45:24 -0800 (PST)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Tue, 1 Feb 2022 07:45 UTC

Flyguy = Fuckwit wrote:
====================

>> > I expect the widow to file a wrongful death lawsuit against Clark County. The deputy committed several mistakes:
> > >
> > > 1. They were informed that the homeowner was armed, but shot an armed man anyhow.
> > ** But you have no idea why.
>
> Because he fucked up.

** But you have no idea why.

> > > 2. First rule of using deadly force: identify your target, the deputy did not do this.
> > ** There is no such rule.

> Fuck YES there is...

** FUCKING LIAR !!!!

> > You shoot to protect yourself or others when facing an imminent lethal threat.
> > Asking for ID would be absurd.
>
> No one was in imminent danger,

** Hindsight is bullshit.

> > > 3. There was no one who's life was in danger, so the shooting was unjustified.
>
> > ** Hindsight is always 20:20 vision and 100% irrelevant !!!
>
> Police are trained in these procedures

** Yawnnnnnn.......

Stop posting damn stupid lies.

...... Phil

Re: Bad guy with a knife vs. two good guys with guns

<staoit$1vl4$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=89027&group=sci.electronics.design#89027

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 07:47:41 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Tue, 1 Feb 2022 07:47 UTC

FlyTurd

soreass2morrow@yahoo.com wrote

> I expect

Like we need a fucking primer from a total fucking clueless
TrumpDingleberry like you.

Much less a copied and pasted one. You could not be more stupid if
you tried, putz boy.