From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: The new Bone conduction headset is great
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 16:10:51 -0400
 by: Catrike Rider - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 20:10 UTC

The sound quality was much better than the old one, but it' a good
thing it's waterproof. The rain began right after I made the
turnaround and it rained hard almost all the way back. My phone, the
Garmin computer and watch, and now, the new headset are all
waterproof. I listened to music all the way back to my truck.

I had to clean and lube the chain and the gun, though.

Re: The new Bone conduction headset is great

<ac6f3220-7421-47c8-9c4b-68bfefed3018n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=89164&group=rec.bicycles.tech#89164

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 14:02:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The new Bone conduction headset is great
From: retroguy...@gmail.com (William Crowell)
 by: William Crowell - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 21:02 UTC

On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 1:10:57 PM UTC-7, Catrike Rider wrote:
> The sound quality was much better than the old one, but it' a good
> thing it's waterproof. The rain began right after I made the
> turnaround and it rained hard almost all the way back. My phone, the
> Garmin computer and watch, and now, the new headset are all
> waterproof. I listened to music all the way back to my truck.
>
> I had to clean and lube the chain and the gun, though.
I discovered that the best headphones for me (I have diminished high-frequency hearing response) are the cheapest ones available, because those are small and have poor bass response but lots of treble. They actually make things sound normal to me, not muddy like phones with more bass response do. The cheapie phones I am using are of the "Ear Pollution" brand and the drivers are about 2-1/4" in diameter.

Re: The new Bone conduction headset is great

<moqndi1i3iirf0lbrc6co46138iaihj9s3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=89167&group=rec.bicycles.tech#89167

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 17:35:08 -0400
 by: Catrike Rider - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 21:35 UTC

On Tue, 15 Aug 2023 14:02:37 -0700 (PDT), William Crowell
<retroguybilly@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 1:10:57?PM UTC-7, Catrike Rider wrote:
>> The sound quality was much better than the old one, but it' a good
>> thing it's waterproof. The rain began right after I made the
>> turnaround and it rained hard almost all the way back. My phone, the
>> Garmin computer and watch, and now, the new headset are all
>> waterproof. I listened to music all the way back to my truck.
>>
>> I had to clean and lube the chain and the gun, though.
>I discovered that the best headphones for me (I have diminished high-frequency hearing response) are the cheapest ones available, because those are small and have poor bass response but lots of treble. They actually make things sound normal to me, not muddy like phones with more bass response do. The cheapie phones I am using are of the "Ear Pollution" brand and the drivers are about 2-1/4" in diameter.

My wife, whose hearing is pretty good, says the trebal response on the
Openrun is as good as her expensive ear buds, but the base is so much
better. I noticed base and midrange on my playlist music that I hadn't
heard for a long time.