"You can have my Unix system when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers." -- Cal Keegan

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Digikey tracking

SubjectAuthor
* Digikey trackingjlarkin
`* Re: Digikey trackingJoerg
 `* Re: Digikey trackingjlarkin
  +- Re: Digikey trackingRick C
  `* Re: Digikey trackingJeroen Belleman
   `* Re: Digikey trackingJohn Larkin
    `* Re: Digikey trackingJeroen Belleman
     `- Re: Digikey trackingKlaus Vestergaard Kragelund

1
Digikey tracking

<drvfvgl88iuspu4mqfrbqj88vpnccti6c2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88925&group=sci.electronics.design#88925

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Digikey tracking
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 07:29:50 -0800
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 15:29 UTC

If I look at a part on Digikey, ads for that part appear all over the
web.

I wonder how much they pay per clickthrough. I click on lots of them,
figuring it transfers wealth to a better place.

--

I yam what I yam - Popeye

Re: Digikey tracking

<j5ql9rFhu1dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88934&group=sci.electronics.design#88934

From: new...@analogconsultants.com (Joerg)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Digikey tracking
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 09:41:15 -0800
 by: Joerg - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 17:41 UTC

On 1/31/22 7:29 AM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> If I look at a part on Digikey, ads for that part appear all over the
> web.
>
> I wonder how much they pay per clickthrough. I click on lots of them,
> figuring it transfers wealth to a better place.

It probably makes Google and the likes richer. Not my idea of a better
place, so I never click on those.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Re: Digikey tracking

<ql8gvghci7a2hp3p5duv4tm1paqancok09@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88937&group=sci.electronics.design#88937

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 09:57:34 -0800
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 17:57 UTC

On Mon, 31 Jan 2022 09:41:15 -0800, Joerg <news@analogconsultants.com>
wrote:

>On 1/31/22 7:29 AM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
>> If I look at a part on Digikey, ads for that part appear all over the
>> web.
>>
>> I wonder how much they pay per clickthrough. I click on lots of them,
>> figuring it transfers wealth to a better place.
>>

>It probably makes Google and the likes richer. Not my idea of a better
>place, so I never click on those.

I assume they count my many clicks on the same part and realize what
it's costing them, and give up on tracking me. Worth a try.

--

I yam what I yam - Popeye

Re: Digikey tracking

<17ce2884-2e1f-45f9-a560-735342ccbd52n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88938&group=sci.electronics.design#88938

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 10:03:49 -0800 (PST)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 18:03 UTC

On Monday, January 31, 2022 at 12:57:45 PM UTC-5, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2022 09:41:15 -0800, Joerg <ne...@analogconsultants.com>
> wrote:
> >On 1/31/22 7:29 AM, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> >> If I look at a part on Digikey, ads for that part appear all over the
> >> web.
> >>
> >> I wonder how much they pay per clickthrough. I click on lots of them,
> >> figuring it transfers wealth to a better place.
> >>

> >It probably makes Google and the likes richer. Not my idea of a better
> >place, so I never click on those.
> I assume they count my many clicks on the same part and realize what
> it's costing them, and give up on tracking me. Worth a try.

LOL!!! The people doing the tracking are the ones making the money on your clicks! You are encouraging them!!!

What a maroon. I really do wonder sometimes if there is something wrong with this guy.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Digikey tracking

<st999t$15oi$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88939&group=sci.electronics.design#88939

From: jer...@nospam.please (Jeroen Belleman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 19:20:43 +0100
 by: Jeroen Belleman - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 18:20 UTC

On 2022-01-31 18:57, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2022 09:41:15 -0800, Joerg <news@analogconsultants.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/31/22 7:29 AM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
>>> If I look at a part on Digikey, ads for that part appear all over the
>>> web.
>>>
>>> I wonder how much they pay per clickthrough. I click on lots of them,
>>> figuring it transfers wealth to a better place.
>>>

>> It probably makes Google and the likes richer. Not my idea of a better
>> place, so I never click on those.
>
> I assume they count my many clicks on the same part and realize what
> it's costing them, and give up on tracking me. Worth a try.

Never assume you can compete with a machine for endurance.

Jeroen Belleman

Re: Digikey tracking

<qpcgvg1rlg2on5gfb8ja5q3rkblnh8te85@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=88945&group=sci.electronics.design#88945

From: jlar...@highland_atwork_technology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 11:09:09 -0800
 by: John Larkin - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 19:09 UTC

On Mon, 31 Jan 2022 19:20:43 +0100, Jeroen Belleman
<jeroen@nospam.please> wrote:

>On 2022-01-31 18:57, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
>> On Mon, 31 Jan 2022 09:41:15 -0800, Joerg <news@analogconsultants.com>
>> wrote:

>>> It probably makes Google and the likes richer. Not my idea of a better
>>> place, so I never click on those.
>>
>> I assume they count my many clicks on the same part and realize what
>> it's costing them, and give up on tracking me. Worth a try.
>
>Never assume you can compete with a machine for endurance.
>
>Jeroen Belleman

If I look at a mosfet data sheet, why would they pay to show it to me
50 times more?

Digikey has become weird.

--

If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end with doubts,
but if he will be content to begin with doubts he shall end in certainties.

Re: Digikey tracking

<staprp$ii9$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=89037&group=sci.electronics.design#89037

From: jer...@nospam.please (Jeroen Belleman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 09:09:29 +0100
 by: Jeroen Belleman - Tue, 1 Feb 2022 08:09 UTC

On 2022-01-31 20:09, John Larkin wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2022 19:20:43 +0100, Jeroen Belleman
> <jeroen@nospam.please> wrote:
>
>> On 2022-01-31 18:57, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

>>> I assume they count my many clicks on the same part and realize what
>>> it's costing them, and give up on tracking me. Worth a try.
>>
>> Never assume you can compete with a machine for endurance.
>>
>> Jeroen Belleman
>
> If I look at a mosfet data sheet, why would they pay to show it to me
> 50 times more?
>
> Digikey has become weird.

That puzzles me too. They're probably being deceived.

Jeroen Belleman

Re: Digikey tracking

<sthnsi$1be5$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=89280&group=sci.electronics.design#89280

From: klausk...@hotmail.com (Klaus Vestergaard Kragelund)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 00:18:49 +0100
 by: Klaus Vestergaard Kr - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 23:18 UTC

On 03/02/2022 21.55, boB wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Feb 2022 09:09:29 +0100, Jeroen Belleman
> <jeroen@nospam.please> wrote:
>
>> On 2022-01-31 20:09, John Larkin wrote:

>>> If I look at a mosfet data sheet, why would they pay to show it to me
>>> 50 times more?
>>>
>>> Digikey has become weird.
>>>

>> That puzzles me too. They're probably being deceived.
>>
>> Jeroen Belleman
>
> Unless Digikey directly tracks my clicks, Google won't get them as I
> block doubleclick and other URLs automatically,unless I let them
> through.
>
> Most A.I. that sends me ads are pretty dumb because I see them
> usually after I have just bought the item they show me in the ad.
>
> AI has a long way to go in this type of browsing I have a feeling.
>
> boB

Reminds me that Google tracks you in Google maps, that how they can show
roadblocks on the map and divert traffic (nice feature)

Anyway, a hacker wrote a program to emulate 1000 cars, and had that
emulation travel very slowly in front of his route. Google saw this as a
road block, and rerouted traffic allowing him to pass with no traffic ;-)

https://9to5google.com/2020/02/04/google-maps-hack-virtual-traffic-jam/