Presidency: The greased pig in the field game of American politics. -- Ambrose Bierce

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Tesla or Einstein?

SubjectAuthor
* Tesla or Einstein?Richard Hertz
+* Re: Tesla or Einstein?Paparios
  `* Re: Tesla or Einstein?The Starmaker
   `- Re: Tesla or Einstein?Thomas Heger

Pages:123
Re: Tesla or Einstein?

<dd9a3152-8397-4320-a2e9-8b26c48965f4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=89240&group=sci.physics.relativity#89240

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 14:57:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Tesla or Einstein?
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 21:57 UTC

On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 6:28:59 PM UTC-3, Paparios wrote:
> El miércoles, 27 de abril de 2022 a las 4:26:38 UTC-4, J. J. Lodder escribió:
> > Michael Moroney <mor...@world.std.spaamtrap.com> wrote:

> From his wikipedia page, it appears that after 1900 he had some curious behaviors, like living in hotels:
>

> "Tesla lived at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City from 1900 and ran up a large bill. He moved to the St. Regis Hotel in 1922 and followed a *pattern from then on of moving to a different hotel every few years and leaving unpaid bills behind*.
>
> Tesla walked to the park every day to feed the pigeons. He began feeding them at the window of his hotel room and nursed injured birds back to health. He said that he had been visited by a certain injured white pigeon daily.. He spent over $2,000 to care for the bird, including a device he built to support her comfortably while her broken wing and leg healed. Tesla stated:
>
> I have been feeding pigeons, thousands of them for years. But there was one, a beautiful bird, pure white with light grey tips on its wings; that one was different. It was a female. I had only to wish and call her and she would come flying to me. I loved that pigeon as a man loves a woman, and she loved me. As long as I had her, there was a purpose to my life.
>
> *Tesla's unpaid bills, as well as complaints about the mess made by pigeons, led to his eviction from St. Regis in 1923. He was also forced to leave the Hotel Pennsylvania in 1930 and the Hotel Governor Clinton in 1934. At one point he also took rooms at the Hotel Marguery*.
>
> Tesla moved to the Hotel New Yorker in 1934. At this time Westinghouse Electric & Manufacturing Company began paying him $125 per month in addition to paying his rent. Accounts of how this came about vary. Several sources claim that Westinghouse was concerned, or possibly warned, about potential bad publicity arising from the impoverished conditions in which their former star inventor was living. The payment has been described as being couched as a "consulting fee" to get around Tesla's aversion to accepting charity. Tesla biographer Marc Seifer described the Westinghouse payments as a type of "unspecified settlement". In any case, Westinghouse provided the funds for Tesla for the rest of his life".

George Westinghouse
American entrepreneur
George Westinghouse Jr. was an American entrepreneur and engineer based in Pennsylvania who created the railway air brake and was a pioneer of the electrical industry, receiving his first patent at the age of 19.
Born: October 6, 1846, Central Bridge, New York, United States
Died: March 12, 1914, New York, New York, United States

He CLEARLY WROTE in his Last Will that Westinghouse Corporation HAD TO TAKE CARE of Tesla until his death, 30 years after George.

Check your sources, Paparios.

Or read:

Tesla : inventor of the electrical age
By W. Bernard Carlson
Copyright © 2013 by Princeton University Press

You can download a free pdf, if you use duckduckgo.com

Also, you'll learn something about Tesla's thought processes, which fascinated the author.

Finally, most of what you wrote IS FALSE. It came from anti-Tesla movements, to discredit such genius. He didn't like Einstein.

Re: Tesla or Einstein?

<pan$900a0$cbab7e1$a615845c$2980bd75@pbxvxqdd.pt>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=89241&group=sci.physics.relativity#89241

From: xcr...@pbxvxqdd.pt (Hugh Itoh)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 22:17:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Hugh Itoh - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 22:17 UTC

Paparios wrote:

> From his wikipedia page, it appears that after 1900 he had some curious
> behaviors, like living in hotels:
>
> "Tesla lived at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City from 1900 and ran
> up a large bill. He moved to the St. Regis Hotel in 1922 and followed a
> *pattern from then on of moving to a different hotel every few years and
> leaving unpaid bills behind*.

alone, in capitalist america, threatened by the oligarchs stealing patents
from him etc, is what to expect. The man industrialized america, brought
the light on streets and in apartments. And this is what he got in return.
Meanwhile, in immigrant living and married to his cousin, got a big house,
a monthly wage, and a position of saying nothing at a school. What a
disgrace. It makes me vomit.

Re: Tesla or Einstein?

<fee551ee-50af-406a-8290-425fd219ebb4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=89254&group=sci.physics.relativity#89254

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 19:39:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: pnals...@gmail.com (Paul Alsing)
 by: Paul Alsing - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 02:39 UTC

On Tuesday, April 26, 2022 at 10:53:42 PM UTC-7, Richard Hertz wrote:

> ... You barely can understand that Einstein was an imbecile fraudster, a plagiarist, a thief, a deceiver, an impostor, etc, etc.

Koobee Wublee has risen from the dead!

Re: Tesla or Einstein?

<jcule7Fjk5vU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=89266&group=sci.physics.relativity#89266

From: ttt_...@web.de (Thomas Heger)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 07:02:03 +0200
 by: Thomas Heger - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 05:02 UTC

Am 25.04.2022 um 23:47 schrieb Richard Hertz:
> Tesla gave to the world:
>
> - The AC energy generation and distribution grid, that lighten the world,
> including long haul transport by using high voltage and local distribution.
>
> - The brushless AC motor/AC generator, which allowed industrialization in
> scales never thought before him.
>
> - The tuned radio, which augmented the efficiency of "brute-force" giant sparks. He even conceived the ionosphere as a mean to carry signals worldwide.
>
> - Remote control.
>
> - Hundred of subsystems stand-alone systems using electricity.
>
> He did all of this in 15 years.

> Meanwhile, in the same period, Einstein gave the world two relativity theories: the one that's widely used at this forum and the general relativity,
> pretending to replace newtonian physics.
>
> Measuring their importance as of today: Who shaped this world?
>
> Tesla or Einstein?

I would like to introduce Heinrich Hertz here, because he was actually
the one, who invented signal transmission and high frequency waves.

Einstein actually used a lot of the ideas of Hertz, but without any
quote or reference.

Another important man was Henry Poincaré, who developed many important
mathematical concepts in theoretical physics. (some were used by Einstein)

Tesla was more an experimenter and a technician, rather than a
theoretical physicist, while Hertz was actually both and also a very
good teatcher.

TH

Re: Tesla or Einstein?

<0d52fd13-e36e-498f-a66c-9f1f4dc2d7fan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=89269&group=sci.physics.relativity#89269

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 22:31:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 05:31 UTC

On Thursday, April 28, 2022 at 2:02:03 AM UTC-3, Thomas Heger wrote:
> Am 25.04.2022 um 23:47 schrieb Richard Hertz:
> > Tesla gave to the world:
> >
> > - The AC energy generation and distribution grid, that lighten the world,
> > including long haul transport by using high voltage and local distribution.
> >
> > - The brushless AC motor/AC generator, which allowed industrialization in
> > scales never thought before him.
> >
> > - The tuned radio, which augmented the efficiency of "brute-force" giant sparks. He even conceived the ionosphere as a mean to carry signals worldwide.
> >
> > - Remote control.
> >
> > - Hundred of subsystems stand-alone systems using electricity.
> >
> > He did all of this in 15 years.
>

> > Meanwhile, in the same period, Einstein gave the world two relativity theories: the one that's widely used at this forum and the general relativity,
> > pretending to replace newtonian physics.
> >
> > Measuring their importance as of today: Who shaped this world?
> >
> > Tesla or Einstein?
>

> I would like to introduce Heinrich Hertz here, because he was actually
> the one, who invented signal transmission and high frequency waves.
>
> Einstein actually used a lot of the ideas of Hertz, but without any
> quote or reference.
>
> Another important man was Henry Poincaré, who developed many important
> mathematical concepts in theoretical physics. (some were used by Einstein)
>
> Tesla was more an experimenter and a technician, rather than a
> theoretical physicist, while Hertz was actually both and also a very
> good teatcher.
>

> TH

Tesla's auto-biography states clearly that it was Hertz work (which made him famous worldwide) the reason
by which he became interested in high frequency electromagnetic waves. He added his famous tuned circuit
to develop the first known remote controlled gadget (a toy boat).

He assigned one tuned frequency receiver for each remote action, and made a public demonstration on a park fountain.

People believed that he had placed a midget inside the boat, which was quite large.

Of course, he patented every single acting subsystem but interest on it faded quickly.

Too much ahead of time. Maybe 30 years or more.

Radio development followed this invention, with more than 30 patents. Marconi stole all of them and went ahead
to became the "inventor" of intercontinental radio broadcast. Litigations in USA were dismissed by a federal court,
because the judge was bought by J.P. Morgan, who funded Marconi USA branch. Morgan was mad at Tesla, and it
showed.

Tesla invested 40 years fighting for his part of the endeavor (18 patents that Marconi used).

Only after Tesla died, around 1943, another federal court recognized Tesla's rights and ordered that be published
that Tesla was the co-founder of radio broadcasting.

Hypocrisy at its highest. Nobody gave a shit about such public sentence. But Tesla preceded Marconi in every aspect, by many years.

That's the world we live at, where Einstein is the greatest mind that ever lived, instead of a fucking thief, liar and deceiver.

Currently, and in a completely different scenario, we can observe how TPTB can prop a figure as a fucking hero (Ukraine's Zelensky).

And it only took 2 months to convince 50% of the world that Zelensky is a hero, instead of a fucking criminal, drug adict and degenerate.

This is Einstein's propping in hyper-accelerated motion.

A world that work in this way has to get a huge reset, a massive reset, a complete reset.

Re: Tesla or Einstein?

<626ADDC8.778B@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=89334&group=sci.physics.relativity#89334

Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 11:32:40 -0700
From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
 by: The Starmaker - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 18:32 UTC

Richard Hertz wrote:

> > I would like to introduce Heinrich Hertz here

"HeinRich Hertz"????

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Tesla or Einstein?

<jd1cpaF57nuU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=89404&group=sci.physics.relativity#89404

From: ttt_...@web.de (Thomas Heger)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 07:52:43 +0200
 by: Thomas Heger - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 05:52 UTC

Am 28.04.2022 um 20:32 schrieb The Starmaker:
> Richard Hertz wrote:
>
>>> I would like to introduce Heinrich Hertz here
>

> "HeinRich Hertz"????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Hertz

His name was 'Heinrich Rudolph Hertz'. He was born in Hamburg (like me)
in Germany in the year 1857.

I personally could not attend 'Johanneum' like Hertz, even if I was
quite a good student, but my niece did (and finished with stellar 1.0 in
here 'Abitur').

TH

Re: Tesla or Einstein?

<jj22anFpm90U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93153&group=sci.physics.relativity#93153

From: ttt_...@web.de (Thomas Heger)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 09:38:05 +0200
 by: Thomas Heger - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 07:38 UTC

Am 26.04.2022 um 07:36 schrieb Michael Moroney:
> On 4/26/2022 12:58 AM, Richard Hertz wrote:
>>
>> Mathematics was first a "technology" and, after a while (thousand of
>> years ago), part of it become "a science".
>>
>> So, science is a by-product of technology.
>
> The other way around.
>
> Science is where scientists discover interesting relationships of nature.
> Technology is when engineers (working with scientists) take those
> natural relationships and make really cool devices from it.

In most cases engineer don't do that.

If an engineer finds an unknown effect, he would usually try to exploit
that finding by creating a machine, which utilizes the effect, but would
not publish the effect itself.

To wait for scientists to publish something has the severe disadvantage,
that most likely he will be too late to patent something, if all
compatitors have the same information.

Therefore engineers tend to find gaps or glitches in the usual
understanding of the world, look for unknown effects in this realm and
once finding one, they build a device around this finding, which they
try to patent.

Philosophical dispute or mathematical rigor are usually not their taste.

TH

Re: Tesla or Einstein?

<jj23hvFprsjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93155&group=sci.physics.relativity#93155

From: ttt_...@web.de (Thomas Heger)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 09:59:01 +0200
 by: Thomas Heger - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 07:59 UTC

Am 26.04.2022 um 07:19 schrieb patdolan:
> On Monday, April 25, 2022 at 9:58:51 PM UTC-7, Richard Hertz wrote:
>> Mathematics was first a "technology" and, after a while (thousand of years ago), part of it become "a science".
>>
>> So, science is a by-product of technology.
>>
>> Except relativity.
>
> My screen time with Professor Wildberger has led me to the conclusion that our modern mathematics (e.g. negative quantities, real & complex continuums, i, infinities, etc.) just like all our other modes of semiotic communication, can be employed as a rhetorical tool to express falsehoods just as effectively as to express the truth. I ask the court's permission to enter the Lorentz Transforms as Exhibit "A".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edh5bbgSKqo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_dGqavx5AU

I personally try to promote bi-quaternions.

This is a 'volumetric version' of complex numbers.
It is a little strange, but seemingly related to how the universe works.

These constructs have subsets, to which e.g. vectors, quaternions or
complex numbers belong.

Now the assumption can be made, that the universe itself acts like a
certain type of math and we could understand nature, if we would be able
to utilize that type of math, which the universe is based on.

If true, there were in fact mathematical proves possible in science,
while otherwise not and we have only mathematical approximations and
cannot prove anything with mathematical methods.

In that case we can prove only, that a certain mathematical description
of something would not be in conflict to other mathematical descriptions
already derived.

TH