There's a whole WORLD in a mud puddle! -- Doug Clifford

tech / sci.astro.amateur / Re: Wolf's sunspot number is low science, old science fake and should replaced by measure of volcanic activity on the Sun, measure of volcanic energy ejected by the Sun.

SubjectAuthor
* Wolf's sunspot number is low science, old science fake and shoulda a
+- Re: Wolf's sunspot number is low science, old science fake and shoulda a
`* Re: Wolf's sunspot number is low science, old science fake and shouldpalsing
 +- Re: Wolf's sunspot number is low science, old science fake and shouldQuadibloc
 +* Re: Wolf's sunspot number is low science, old science fake and shouldMartin Brown

1
Wolf's sunspot number is low science, old science fake and should replaced by measure of volcanic activity on the Sun, measure of volcanic energy ejected by the Sun.

<e7394a05-3ea4-48f9-bdc3-0011a16d34b6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8940&group=sci.astro.amateur#8940

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 14:51:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Wolf's sunspot number is low science, old science fake and should
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 21:51 UTC

Wolf's sunspot number is low science, old science fake and should replaced
by measure of volcanic activity on the Sun, measure of volcanic energy ejected by the Sun.

Just look at formula used to calculated number of sunspots.

For the same telescope "K" is contant, less than 1.

=====Case 1

Number of sunspots groups = 1
Number of sunspots = 10

=====
R = (10*G + S)*K

10*1 + 10 = 20*K

Case 2

Number of sunspots groups = 2
Number of sunspots in each group = 5

10*2 + 10 = 30*K

But actually, number of sunspots in Case 1 and Case 2 is the same

So I opt for the topological definition of sunspots index, as the sum of the volcanic activity on the Sun, calculating total volcanic energy ejected by every sunspot in total towards the Earth,
since what matters is mass and energy of coronal/coronary plasma ejected toward the Earth ,
since CMEs exactly fluctuate solar activity,
resulting in Short Term Climate Changes
one-month/year Climate Changes

Since pictuire of the Sun is no more 2D
and we can study solar surface activity in 3D
there is no need to calculate number of sunspots, which is fake index, as explained above.

========================The sunspot number is calculated using the simple equation: R = (10*G + S)*K. Where: R = the sunspot number. G = the number of sunspot groups observed.
How do you calculate the n…
edaboard.co.uk
The sunspot number is calculated using the simple equation: R = (10*G + S)*K

Re: Wolf's sunspot number is low science, old science fake and should replaced by measure of volcanic activity on the Sun, measure of volcanic energy ejected by the Sun.

<deca751d-2522-40cd-af40-a1b3f62c0c91n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8941&group=sci.astro.amateur#8941

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 15:49:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 22:49 UTC

https://spaceweather.com/images2022/30sep22/limbactivity.gif

Re: Wolf's sunspot number is low science, old science fake and should replaced by measure of volcanic activity on the Sun, measure of volcanic energy ejected by the Sun.

<74885e3c-51c8-473e-bb67-8ca3657e0589n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8942&group=sci.astro.amateur#8942

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 16:47:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: pnals...@gmail.com (palsing)
 by: palsing - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 23:47 UTC

On Friday, September 30, 2022 at 2:51:49 PM UTC-7, mant...@gmail.com wrote:
> Wolf's sunspot number is low science, old science fake and should replaced
> by measure of volcanic activity on the Sun, measure of volcanic energy ejected by the Sun.
>
> Just look at formula used to calculated number of sunspots.
>
> For the same telescope "K" is contant, less than 1.
>
> ======
> Case 1
>
> Number of sunspots groups = 1
> Number of sunspots = 10
>
> ======
>
> R = (10*G + S)*K
>
> 10*1 + 10 = 20*K
>
> Case 2
>
> Number of sunspots groups = 2
> Number of sunspots in each group = 5
>
> 10*2 + 10 = 30*K
>
> But actually, number of sunspots in Case 1 and Case 2 is the same
>
> So I opt for the topological definition of sunspots index, as the sum of the volcanic activity on the Sun, calculating total volcanic energy ejected by every sunspot in total towards the Earth,
> since what matters is mass and energy of coronal/coronary plasma ejected toward the Earth ,
> since CMEs exactly fluctuate solar activity,
> resulting in Short Term Climate Changes
> one-month/year Climate Changes
>
> Since pictuire of the Sun is no more 2D
> and we can study solar surface activity in 3D
> there is no need to calculate number of sunspots, which is fake index, as explained above.
>

> =========================
> The sunspot number is calculated using the simple equation: R = (10*G + S)*K. Where: R = the sunspot number. G = the number of sunspot groups observed.
> How do you calculate the n…
> edaboard.co.uk
> The sunspot number is calculated using the simple equation: R = (10*G + S)*K

Volcanic activity on the Sun? Really?

Re: Wolf's sunspot number is low science, old science fake and should replaced by measure of volcanic activity on the Sun, measure of volcanic energy ejected by the Sun.

<58ea25d2-afb2-4be9-a3c3-206f9ee87ea1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8946&group=sci.astro.amateur#8946

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 22:30:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: jsav...@ecn.ab.ca (Quadibloc)
 by: Quadibloc - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 05:30 UTC

On Friday, September 30, 2022 at 5:47:18 PM UTC-6, palsing wrote:

> Volcanic activity on the Sun? Really?

Well, if you can have volcanic activity on Io, I suppose one can redefine
"volcanic activity" for the Sun as involving the materials present around
its surface...

John Savard

Re: Wolf's sunspot number is low science, old science fake and should replaced by measure of volcanic activity on the Sun, measure of volcanic energy ejected by the Sun.

<th8r2i$img$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8949&group=sci.astro.amateur#8949

From: '''newsp...@nonad.co.uk (Martin Brown)
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 08:43:14 +0100
 by: Martin Brown - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 07:43 UTC

On 01/10/2022 00:47, palsing wrote:
> On Friday, September 30, 2022 at 2:51:49 PM UTC-7, mant...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Wolf's sunspot number is low science, old science fake and should replaced
>> by measure of volcanic activity on the Sun, measure of volcanic energy ejected by the Sun.
>>
>> Just look at formula used to calculated number of sunspots.
>>
>> For the same telescope "K" is contant, less than 1.
>>
>> ======
>> Case 1
>>
>> Number of sunspots groups = 1
>> Number of sunspots = 10
>>
>> ======
>>
>> R = (10*G + S)*K
>>
>> 10*1 + 10 = 20*K
>>
>> Case 2
>>
>> Number of sunspots groups = 2
>> Number of sunspots in each group = 5
>>
>> 10*2 + 10 = 30*K
>>
>> But actually, number of sunspots in Case 1 and Case 2 is the same
>>
>> So I opt for the topological definition of sunspots index, as the sum of the volcanic activity on the Sun, calculating total volcanic energy ejected by every sunspot in total towards the Earth,
>> since what matters is mass and energy of coronal/coronary plasma ejected toward the Earth ,
>> since CMEs exactly fluctuate solar activity,
>> resulting in Short Term Climate Changes
>> one-month/year Climate Changes
>>
>> Since pictuire of the Sun is no more 2D
>> and we can study solar surface activity in 3D
>> there is no need to calculate number of sunspots, which is fake index, as explained above.
>>

>> =========================
>> The sunspot number is calculated using the simple equation: R = (10*G + S)*K. Where: R = the sunspot number. G = the number of sunspot groups observed.
>> How do you calculate the n…
>> edaboard.co.uk
>> The sunspot number is calculated using the simple equation: R = (10*G + S)*K
>

> Volcanic activity on the Sun? Really?

Ignore the clueless fuckwit troll and he will go away.
Someone in sci.electronic.design "helpfully" pointed him here.
(to get rid of his spam)

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Re: Wolf's sunspot number is low science, old science fake and should replaced by measure of volcanic activity on the Sun, measure of volcanic energy ejected by the Sun.

<2667ea46-c999-4a32-96cd-654f82d6d82fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8953&group=sci.astro.amateur#8953

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 07:02:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 14:02 UTC

On Saturday, 1 October 2022 at 01:47:18 UTC+2, palsing wrote:
> On Friday, September 30, 2022 at 2:51:49 PM UTC-7, mant...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Wolf's sunspot number is low science, old science fake and should replaced
> > by measure of volcanic activity on the Sun, measure of volcanic energy ejected by the Sun.
> >
> > Just look at formula used to calculated number of sunspots.
> >
> > For the same telescope "K" is contant, less than 1.
> >
> > ======
> > Case 1
> >
> > Number of sunspots groups = 1
> > Number of sunspots = 10
> >
> > ======
> >
> > R = (10*G + S)*K
> >
> > 10*1 + 10 = 20*K
> >
> > Case 2
> >
> > Number of sunspots groups = 2
> > Number of sunspots in each group = 5
> >
> > 10*2 + 10 = 30*K
> >
> > But actually, number of sunspots in Case 1 and Case 2 is the same
> >
> > So I opt for the topological definition of sunspots index, as the sum of the volcanic activity on the Sun, calculating total volcanic energy ejected by every sunspot in total towards the Earth,
> > since what matters is mass and energy of coronal/coronary plasma ejected toward the Earth ,
> > since CMEs exactly fluctuate solar activity,
> > resulting in Short Term Climate Changes
> > one-month/year Climate Changes
> >
> > Since pictuire of the Sun is no more 2D
> > and we can study solar surface activity in 3D
> > there is no need to calculate number of sunspots, which is fake index, as explained above.
> >

> > =========================
> > The sunspot number is calculated using the simple equation: R = (10*G + S)*K. Where: R = the sunspot number. G = the number of sunspot groups observed.
> > How do you calculate the n…
> > edaboard.co.uk
> > The sunspot number is calculated using the simple equation: R = (10*G + S)*K
> Volcanic activity on the Sun? Really?
exactly
Plasma CMEs directed to the Earth, I have been studied for 30 years

https://spaceweather.com/images2022/30sep22/limbactivity.gif

Re: Wolf's sunspot number is low science, old science fake and should replaced by measure of volcanic activity on the Sun, measure of volcanic energy ejected by the Sun.

<9f8da018-b43c-4cd4-9427-178d5db3adb7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=8954&group=sci.astro.amateur#8954

Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 07:03:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 14:03 UTC

On Saturday, 1 October 2022 at 09:43:17 UTC+2, Martin Brown wrote:
> On 01/10/2022 00:47, palsing wrote:
> > On Friday, September 30, 2022 at 2:51:49 PM UTC-7, mant...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> Wolf's sunspot number is low science, old science fake and should replaced
> >> by measure of volcanic activity on the Sun, measure of volcanic energy ejected by the Sun.
> >>
> >> Just look at formula used to calculated number of sunspots.
> >>
> >> For the same telescope "K" is contant, less than 1.
> >>
> >> ======
> >> Case 1
> >>
> >> Number of sunspots groups = 1
> >> Number of sunspots = 10
> >>
> >> ======
> >>
> >> R = (10*G + S)*K
> >>
> >> 10*1 + 10 = 20*K
> >>
> >> Case 2
> >>
> >> Number of sunspots groups = 2
> >> Number of sunspots in each group = 5
> >>
> >> 10*2 + 10 = 30*K
> >>
> >> But actually, number of sunspots in Case 1 and Case 2 is the same
> >>
> >> So I opt for the topological definition of sunspots index, as the sum of the volcanic activity on the Sun, calculating total volcanic energy ejected by every sunspot in total towards the Earth,
> >> since what matters is mass and energy of coronal/coronary plasma ejected toward the Earth ,
> >> since CMEs exactly fluctuate solar activity,
> >> resulting in Short Term Climate Changes
> >> one-month/year Climate Changes
> >>
> >> Since pictuire of the Sun is no more 2D
> >> and we can study solar surface activity in 3D
> >> there is no need to calculate number of sunspots, which is fake index, as explained above.

> >> The sunspot number is calculated using the simple equation: R = (10*G + S)*K. Where: R = the sunspot number. G = the number of sunspot groups observed.
> >> How do you calculate the n…
> >> edaboard.co.uk
> >> The sunspot number is calculated using the simple equation: R = (10*G + S)*K
> >

> > Volcanic activity on the Sun? Really?

thank you for your interest and support