Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 13:12:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Tuesday Ride
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 20:12 UTC

I did a 30 mile ride yesterday and while I'm nowhere near the mileage I did in June and July, I have more than my lowest mileage months in the late part of last year.

I did 1,600 feet of climbing and as I got to the top, a large group caught up with me. I immediately turned around and started back down but they waited for their whole group and probably a rest period so I was out of the canyon and to the donut shop before they got out. I wish that I had worn my heart rate monitor because there was several places on the way out that I had to do some climbs and I dropped down into the teens speed. I would be interested in what my heart rate was there.

But I no doubt will finish the year with 5,000 miles and 150,000 feet of climbing.

My back now only hurts in the evening after sitting on the couch to watch TV so it isn't worth going to the doctor about. I can do some toe touches and that allows me to stand straight up after getting up from the couch.

Right now the inside cat's are complaining they want lunch while the outside cats are hiding form the 91 degree high humidity heat.

I expect that Lou is 20% ahead of me at the moment. And while I'm not looking he will be doing the Italian Alps.

There are others here who also ride a great deal, but the people who don't really should stop attempting to act like experts at things they know nothing about.

Liebermann supported himself. That was good enough and a lot better than the criminals presently committing home invasions around the area. Or the homeless people that are drug addicts. These poor people have a sharply abbreviated lifespan.

It is Flunky's belief that feeling sorry for people that made such bad decisions that they are now trapped in them is complaining. As does Krygowski, but all of their noise does nothing for these people or those that end up paying the way of those less fortunate. Liebermann is living the life of those people and he pretends that all is fine. So he's not a drug addict but he is nevertheless under the constant threat of not being able to keep his home. All it is going to take is another property tax raise from those Democrats running his county. He will be able to plea poverty and not pay the taxes but the county will own his home in the end. And then when he is gone not one person will miss him. Or ever know he existed.

Remember that that was indeed from bad decisions on his own part. I was able to make the jump from vacuum tubes to transistors in ONE lesson. Why wasn't he? I was able to make the leap from transistors to integrated circuits in ONE lesson. Why wasn't he?

Where were these lessons? The GE transistor manual and then the Intel integrated circuit manual. I just read the manual. And now it is too late to do anything about it. I programmed AI and do not have the wild eyed belief that it is the wave of the future and I understand how quantum computers work though I have no idea of how to build them. They are so fast that they are programmed by large scale programming languages but the problem with those are they are not precise. I can tell you exactly what a line of C does but you cannot tell with any real precision what one line of Twist does that may represent 200 lines of C.

The future is upon us and the trouble with the future is that fewer and fewer people will be able to understand that and more and more like the stupid 4 will be claiming that they do.

I know what my limitations are and while they may be light years ahead of theirs, they are limitations none-the-less.

Re: Tuesday Ride

<uc60ej$33imq$10@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=89948&group=rec.bicycles.tech#89948

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Tuesday Ride
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 18:15:46 -0400
 by: Frank Krygowski - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 22:15 UTC

On 8/23/2023 4:12 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

> There are others here who also ride a great deal, but the people who don't really should stop attempting to act like experts at things they know nothing about.

Tom, there is little to no correlation between high riding mileage and
technical competence. As I've mentioned, Sheldon Brown was completely
unable to ride during the last years of his life, yet his a technical
expertise was and is still renowned. Andrew has never bragged about
riding high mileage either, and he obviously knows far more about bikes
than you ever will.

In fact, given your long history of installation mistakes, technical
misinformation and general scientific nonsense, you'd be evidence that
riding lots of miles decreases expertise. Thank goodness that you're
uniquely strange.

I've deleted the rest of your off-topic rant.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Tuesday Ride

<ce63bf62-7ef8-455d-be88-2d7a33913302n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=89957&group=rec.bicycles.tech#89957

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 15:29:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 22:29 UTC

On Wednesday, August 23, 2023 at 3:15:51 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 8/23/2023 4:12 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> >
> > There are others here who also ride a great deal, but the people who don't really should stop attempting to act like experts at things they know nothing about.
> Tom, there is little to no correlation between high riding mileage and
> technical competence. As I've mentioned, Sheldon Brown was completely
> unable to ride during the last years of his life, yet his a technical
> expertise was and is still renowned. Andrew has never bragged about
> riding high mileage either, and he obviously knows far more about bikes
> than you ever will.
>
> In fact, given your long history of installation mistakes, technical
> misinformation and general scientific nonsense, you'd be evidence that
> riding lots of miles decreases expertise. Thank goodness that you're
> uniquely strange.
>
> I've deleted the rest of your off-topic rant.

The clown speaketh and the world laughs. You barely ride and seem to think that anything you say is from God's mouth to your ear. You will pay for that in a manner that you cannot now see.

Re: Tuesday Ride

<kYFFM.1107445$Y1R7.772544@fx04.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=90042&group=rec.bicycles.tech#90042

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: rog...@sarlet.com (Roger Meriman)
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 10:06:08 GMT
 by: Roger Meriman - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 10:06 UTC

Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 8/23/2023 4:12 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>>
>> There are others here who also ride a great deal, but the people who
>> don't really should stop attempting to act like experts at things they know nothing about.
>
> Tom, there is little to no correlation between high riding mileage and
> technical competence. As I've mentioned, Sheldon Brown was completely
> unable to ride during the last years of his life, yet his a technical
> expertise was and is still renowned. Andrew has never bragged about
> riding high mileage either, and he obviously knows far more about bikes
> than you ever will.
>
> In fact, given your long history of installation mistakes, technical
> misinformation and general scientific nonsense, you'd be evidence that
> riding lots of miles decreases expertise. Thank goodness that you're
> uniquely strange.
>
> I've deleted the rest of your off-topic rant.

Indeed some of the 10k folks at both club and otherwise can barely change a
tube let alone anything else!

Roger Merriman

Re: Tuesday Ride

<f2f9a444-64d0-499d-beff-570d846f7c52n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=90070&group=rec.bicycles.tech#90070

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 07:56:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 14:56 UTC

On Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 3:06:12 AM UTC-7, Roger Meriman wrote:
> Frank Krygowski <frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > On 8/23/2023 4:12 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> >>
> >> There are others here who also ride a great deal, but the people who
> >> don't really should stop attempting to act like experts at things they know nothing about.
> >
> > Tom, there is little to no correlation between high riding mileage and
> > technical competence. As I've mentioned, Sheldon Brown was completely
> > unable to ride during the last years of his life, yet his a technical
> > expertise was and is still renowned. Andrew has never bragged about
> > riding high mileage either, and he obviously knows far more about bikes
> > than you ever will.
> >
> > In fact, given your long history of installation mistakes, technical
> > misinformation and general scientific nonsense, you'd be evidence that
> > riding lots of miles decreases expertise. Thank goodness that you're
> > uniquely strange.
> >
> > I've deleted the rest of your off-topic rant.
> >
> Indeed some of the 10k folks at both club and otherwise can barely change a
> tube let alone anything else!
>
> Roger Merriman

Have you noticed that the man who rides and old steel touring bike with bar end friction shifters tells me that I have made installation mistakes? The guy who has never even seen an 11 speed Campy group let alone Di2 is an absolute expert at installation of these groups.

So when I say that he is suffering from dementia I am quite serious and he has been showing it with every posting. Is it simply a response of his because he has reached the point in his life where he does ride hardly at all and he is jealous of those who are older and still do? Perhaps. But saying things that he knows absolutely nothing about is not the sign of a healthy mind.

Re: Tuesday Ride

<egveei13j1l8cjjjg7p47nc5a68q6e6uqq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=90079&group=rec.bicycles.tech#90079

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 23:03:07 +0700
 by: John B. - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 16:03 UTC

On Thu, 24 Aug 2023 07:56:56 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 3:06:12?AM UTC-7, Roger Meriman wrote:
>> Frank Krygowski <frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>> > Tom, there is little to no correlation between high riding mileage and
>> > technical competence. As I've mentioned, Sheldon Brown was completely
>> > unable to ride during the last years of his life, yet his a technical
>> > expertise was and is still renowned. Andrew has never bragged about
>> > riding high mileage either, and he obviously knows far more about bikes
>> > than you ever will.
>> >
>> > In fact, given your long history of installation mistakes, technical
>> > misinformation and general scientific nonsense, you'd be evidence that
>> > riding lots of miles decreases expertise. Thank goodness that you're
>> > uniquely strange.
>> >
>> > I've deleted the rest of your off-topic rant.
>> >
>> Indeed some of the 10k folks at both club and otherwise can barely change a
>> tube let alone anything else!
>>
>> Roger Merriman
>
>Have you noticed that the man who rides and old steel touring bike with bar end friction shifters tells me that I have made installation mistakes? The guy who has never even seen an 11 speed Campy group let alone Di2 is an absolute expert at installation of these groups.

No Tommy, that just isn't true. You are the one who has told us you
have made mistakes. From the bottom bracket that you couldn't install
until the lawyer told you how, to seat posts, to loose handlebars, and
on and on and on.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Tuesday Ride

<uc7vae$3hai9$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=90082&group=rec.bicycles.tech#90082

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 12:08:44 -0400
 by: Frank Krygowski - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 16:08 UTC

On 8/24/2023 10:56 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:

> Have you noticed that the man who rides and old steel touring bike with bar end friction shifters tells me that I have made installation mistakes?

Tom, YOU have told us about your countless installation mistakes!

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Tuesday Ride

<14b156db-8bc2-4b47-9dfa-c7efadafc673n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=90112&group=rec.bicycles.tech#90112

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 11:57:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 18:57 UTC

On Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 9:08:51 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 8/24/2023 10:56 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> >
> > Have you noticed that the man who rides and old steel touring bike with bar end friction shifters tells me that I have made installation mistakes?
> Tom, YOU have told us about your countless installation mistakes!
>
> --
> - Frank Krygowski

Again - WHAT do you know about these installation "mistakes"? Quote one for us and explain how you could never possibly make the same mistakes. At least I could tell how to correct it when you don't even know what the parts look like.

Re: Tuesday Ride

<ecb5c8d6-e32b-415e-89f4-4bbd205b10aen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=90165&group=rec.bicycles.tech#90165

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 02:53:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Fri, 25 Aug 2023 09:53 UTC

On Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 2:57:23 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 9:08:51 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> > On 8/24/2023 10:56 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > >
> > > Have you noticed that the man who rides and old steel touring bike with bar end friction shifters tells me that I have made installation mistakes?
> > Tom, YOU have told us about your countless installation mistakes!
> >
> > --
> > - Frank Krygowski
> Again - WHAT do you know about these installation "mistakes"? Quote one for us and explain how you could never possibly make the same mistakes.

how about all of them?

> At least I could tell how to correct it when you don't even know what the parts look like.

Many times you don't know how to fix it, and end up instead saying these parts - already sucessfully installed by literally millions of people - have inherent design flaws that prevent them from being installed sucessfully, Carbon handle bars are just one example.

Re: Tuesday Ride

<66249772-35be-4d8f-837b-8b546392ae4dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=90419&group=rec.bicycles.tech#90419

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 07:56:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 14:56 UTC

On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 2:53:24 AM UTC-7, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 2:57:23 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:

> > > Tom, YOU have told us about your countless installation mistakes!
> > >
> > > --
> > > - Frank Krygowski
> > Again - WHAT do you know about these installation "mistakes"? Quote one for us and explain how you could never possibly make the same mistakes.
> how about all of them?
> > At least I could tell how to correct it when you don't even know what the parts look like.
> Many times you don't know how to fix it, and end up instead saying these parts - already sucessfully installed by literally millions of people - have inherent design flaws that prevent them from being installed sucessfully, Carbon handle bars are just one example.

Poor little Flunky is SOOO jealous that other people ride while he sits.

Re: Tuesday Ride

<28c3646a-910e-4541-b38f-eac79821b51en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=90529&group=rec.bicycles.tech#90529

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 03:32:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 10:32 UTC

On Sunday, August 27, 2023 at 10:56:16 AM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 2:53:24 AM UTC-7, funkma...@hotmail..com wrote:

> > > Again - WHAT do you know about these installation "mistakes"? Quote one for us and explain how you could never possibly make the same mistakes.
> > how about all of them?
> > > At least I could tell how to correct it when you don't even know what the parts look like.
> > Many times you don't know how to fix it, and end up instead saying these parts - already sucessfully installed by literally millions of people - have inherent design flaws that prevent them from being installed sucessfully, Carbon handle bars are just one example.
> Poor little Flunky is SOOO jealous that other people ride while he sits.

My strava links suggest otherwise, liar.