Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 12:13:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Thursday Ride
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 19:13 UTC

I had intended on doing a 50 mile ride out to Pleasanton and back. But when I got up the temperature outside was already 66 degrees at 5 in the morning. So I decided just to repeat Tuesday's Cull Canyon ride. But heading up there the road was entirely blocked off for RR track replacement. There are other routes I could and should have gone on but it didn't occur to me so I just did a 25 mile ride.

The heat really is slowing me down. I came out onto Doolittle Dr. and I was riding along pretty fast and at a light caught up with a Catrike. I don't think he liked that because when the light changed he gave it everything he had in order to drop me. Having half the frontal area that I have and being 30 years younger he had no trouble riding away from me.

Good thing I didn't suggest to him that his jersey and the recumbent flag he was flying was so sun faded that they were almost invisible. He might have spun his tires getting away.

I still have another 4 days until the end of the year and my mileage will be pretty small this month compared to the last couple. But mileage is mileage and climbing is climbing and it will all end up as it will.