You can be replaced by this computer.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Bicyclists in the Bee

SubjectAuthor
* Bicyclists in the BeeAMuzi
+* Re: Bicyclists in the BeeTom Kunich
|+- Re: Bicyclists in the BeeFrank Krygowski
|`- Re: Bicyclists in the Beefunkma...@hotmail.com
`- Re: Bicyclists in the BeeFrank Krygowski

1
Bicyclists in the Bee

<ucb6tk$76r8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=90240&group=rec.bicycles.tech#90240

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Bicyclists in the Bee
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 16:36:53 -0500
 by: AMuzi - Fri, 25 Aug 2023 21:36 UTC

https://babylonbee.com/news/bicyclist-wants-to-be-treated-like-a-car-but-also-be-able-to-just-kinda-break-the-rules-when-he-wants-to

Re: Bicyclists in the Bee

<4a0eab54-302b-46cc-b032-f7790dabbaa4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=90258&group=rec.bicycles.tech#90258

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 17:00:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Bicyclists in the Bee
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sat, 26 Aug 2023 00:00 UTC

On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 2:36:56 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
> https://babylonbee.com/news/bicyclist-wants-to-be-treated-like-a-car-but-also-be-able-to-just-kinda-break-the-rules-when-he-wants-to

Seems like the car driver writing that article is outraged that he has to treat a cyclist like any other road user. Did you notice all of those references to accident CAUSED by bicycles or pedestrians? It is outrageous that a cyclist runs a stop sign (20:1 he didn't run a red light) to clear an intersection so that his coming to a complete stop doesn't cause some driver to attempt to cut him off. Coming back from my concussion I was coming to a complete stop until I was hit by a person that couldn't see a bright white, yellow and red jacket directly in front of them. Now I ride for MY safety and not the convenience of some dumb ass law breaking driver.

What do you want to bet that "65 mph road" isn't just like Dublin Grade where the speed limit is actually 55 and all of the cars drive 75? On the downhill curves the speed limit is 35 through the housing area and NONE of the cars slow up. Even when you can see children. In the housing area with schools adjacent in Pleasanton they set the speed limit at 45.

When I ride up Cull Canyon Road the residents drive in a reasonable manner though a little dangerously considering that horses use that road and they have right-of-way. But the queers that go to the nudist colony at the top of the canyon rarely drive less than 60 despite lots of blind turns and animals. I've had to chase goats back into a piece of property and close the gate, They rent out goats to eat the grass down to ground level to prevent large fires. Now all of the Cowboys are gone and only horse trainers and ranchers remain.

They get really upset when I'm driving the Taurus at a safe speed with children around. Getting on the freeway here, there are commonly large SUV's doing 80 mph in the slow lane because most of the traffic avoids that lane because of entering traffic. So someone out to do zan expose' of that "journalist."

Re: Bicyclists in the Bee

<ucbg44$86g7$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=90263&group=rec.bicycles.tech#90263

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 20:13:54 -0400
 by: Frank Krygowski - Sat, 26 Aug 2023 00:13 UTC

On 8/25/2023 5:36 PM, AMuzi wrote:
> https://babylonbee.com/news/bicyclist-wants-to-be-treated-like-a-car-but-also-be-able-to-just-kinda-break-the-rules-when-he-wants-to

I've seen much better satire.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Bicyclists in the Bee

<ucbghe$86g7$10@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=90268&group=rec.bicycles.tech#90268

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 20:21:01 -0400
 by: Frank Krygowski - Sat, 26 Aug 2023 00:21 UTC

On 8/25/2023 8:00 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 2:36:56 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
>> https://babylonbee.com/news/bicyclist-wants-to-be-treated-like-a-car-but-also-be-able-to-just-kinda-break-the-rules-when-he-wants-to
>
> Seems like the car driver writing that article is outraged that he has to treat a cyclist like any other road user. Did you notice all of those references to accident CAUSED by bicycles or pedestrians? It is outrageous that a cyclist runs a stop sign (20:1 he didn't run a red light) to clear an intersection so that his coming to a complete stop doesn't cause some driver to attempt to cut him off. Coming back from my concussion I was coming to a complete stop until I was hit by a person that couldn't see a bright white, yellow and red jacket directly in front of them. Now I ride for MY safety and not the convenience of some dumb ass law breaking driver.
>
> What do you want to bet that "65 mph road" isn't just like Dublin Grade where the speed limit is actually 55 and all of the cars drive 75? On the downhill curves the speed limit is 35 through the housing area and NONE of the cars slow up. Even when you can see children. In the housing area with schools adjacent in Pleasanton they set the speed limit at 45.
>
> When I ride up Cull Canyon Road the residents drive in a reasonable manner though a little dangerously considering that horses use that road and they have right-of-way. But the queers that go to the nudist colony at the top of the canyon rarely drive less than 60 despite lots of blind turns and animals. I've had to chase goats back into a piece of property and close the gate, They rent out goats to eat the grass down to ground level to prevent large fires. Now all of the Cowboys are gone and only horse trainers and ranchers remain.
>
> They get really upset when I'm driving the Taurus at a safe speed with children around. Getting on the freeway here, there are commonly large SUV's doing 80 mph in the slow lane because most of the traffic avoids that lane because of entering traffic. So someone out to do zan expose' of that "journalist."

Tom, the Babylon Bee is a satire publication, like The Onion.

Calm down.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Bicyclists in the Bee

<93e0e3d6-7e15-4965-b4e9-cf261fed2d60n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=90305&group=rec.bicycles.tech#90305

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 06:26:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Sat, 26 Aug 2023 13:26 UTC

On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 8:00:12 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 2:36:56 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
> > https://babylonbee.com/news/bicyclist-wants-to-be-treated-like-a-car-but-also-be-able-to-just-kinda-break-the-rules-when-he-wants-to
>
> Seems like the car driver writing that article is outraged that he has to treat a cyclist like any other road user. Did you notice all of those references to accident CAUSED by bicycles or pedestrians? It is outrageous that a cyclist runs a stop sign (20:1 he didn't run a red light) to clear an intersection so that his coming to a complete stop doesn't cause some driver to attempt to cut him off. Coming back from my concussion I was coming to a complete stop until I was hit by a person that couldn't see a bright white, yellow and red jacket directly in front of them. Now I ride for MY safety and not the convenience of some dumb ass law breaking driver.
>
> What do you want to bet that "65 mph road" isn't just like Dublin Grade where the speed limit is actually 55 and all of the cars drive 75? On the downhill curves the speed limit is 35 through the housing area and NONE of the cars slow up. Even when you can see children. In the housing area with schools adjacent in Pleasanton they set the speed limit at 45.
>
> When I ride up Cull Canyon Road the residents drive in a reasonable manner though a little dangerously considering that horses use that road and they have right-of-way. But the queers that go to the nudist colony at the top of the canyon rarely drive less than 60 despite lots of blind turns and animals. I've had to chase goats back into a piece of property and close the gate, They rent out goats to eat the grass down to ground level to prevent large fires. Now all of the Cowboys are gone and only horse trainers and ranchers remain.
>
> They get really upset when I'm driving the Taurus at a safe speed with children around. Getting on the freeway here, there are commonly large SUV's doing 80 mph in the slow lane because most of the traffic avoids that lane because of entering traffic. So someone out to do zan expose' of that "journalist."
https://babylonbee.com/about
"The Babylon Bee is the world’s best satire site, totally inerrant in all its truth claims. We write satire about Christian stuff, political stuff, and everyday life.

The Babylon Bee was created ex nihilo on the eighth day of the creation week, exactly 6,000 years ago. We have been the premier news source through every major world event, from the Tower of Babel and the Exodus to the Reformation and the War of 1812. We focus on just the facts, leaving spin and bias to other news sites like CNN and Fox News.

If you would like to complain about something on our site, take it up with God.

Unlike other satire sites, everything we post is 100% verified by Snopes.com.

Fake news you can trust"