Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 14:41:43 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Why Einstein Wrestled with His Conscience
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Thu, 10 Feb 2022 22:41 UTC

"...and he showed that the speed of light within a vacuum is the same no matter the speed at which an observer travels." https://space.com/17661-theory-general-relativity.html

Before "showing" this nonsense, Einstein wrestled with his conscience "over a lengthy period of time, to the point of despair":

John Stachel: "But this seems to be nonsense. How can it happen that the speed of light relative to an observer cannot be increased or decreased if that observer moves towards or away from a light beam? Einstein states that he wrestled with this problem over a lengthy period of time, to the point of despair." http://www.aip.org/history/exhibits/einstein/essay-einstein-relativity.htm

"Seems to be nonsense" is a red herring. That the speed of light relative to the observer is independent of the motion of the observer is obvious nonsense. Frequency and speed of light pulses vary proportionally for the observer https://youtube.com/watch?v=bg7O4rtlwEE, in accordance with the formula

(frequency at observer) = (speed of light pulses relative to observer)/(distance between pulses)

See more here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev

Re: Why Einstein Wrestled with His Conscience

<a6626561-0b1a-46a1-b42e-b5b769f8d2aan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=90755&group=sci.math#90755

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 21:26:12 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Why Einstein Wrestled with His Conscience
From: zelos.ma...@gmail.com (zelos...@gmail.com)
 by: zelos...@gmail.com - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 05:26 UTC

torsdag 10 februari 2022 kl. 23:41:57 UTC+1 skrev pva...@yahoo.com:
> "...and he showed that the speed of light within a vacuum is the same no matter the speed at which an observer travels." https://space.com/17661-theory-general-relativity.html
>
> Before "showing" this nonsense, Einstein wrestled with his conscience "over a lengthy period of time, to the point of despair":
>
> John Stachel: "But this seems to be nonsense. How can it happen that the speed of light relative to an observer cannot be increased or decreased if that observer moves towards or away from a light beam? Einstein states that he wrestled with this problem over a lengthy period of time, to the point of despair." http://www.aip.org/history/exhibits/einstein/essay-einstein-relativity.htm
>
> "Seems to be nonsense" is a red herring. That the speed of light relative to the observer is independent of the motion of the observer is obvious nonsense. Frequency and speed of light pulses vary proportionally for the observer https://youtube.com/watch?v=bg7O4rtlwEE, in accordance with the formula
>
> (frequency at observer) = (speed of light pulses relative to observer)/(distance between pulses)
>
> See more here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev
>
> Pentcho Valev
you are still wrong you insane moron

Re: Why Einstein Wrestled with His Conscience

<11cd28c2-be9f-4cfa-bf31-c81222a5cd11n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=90766&group=sci.math#90766

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 04:50:08 -0800 (PST)
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 12:50 UTC

Einstein: "I introduced the principle of the constancy of the velocity of light, which I borrowed from H. A. Lorentz's theory of the stationary luminiferous ether." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorentz_ether_theory

This tenet of the theory of the nonexistent ether gave birth to unprecedented absurdities, immeasurably more idiotic than (picking a random example) flat-earth myths:

Thibault Damour: "The paradigm of the special relativistic upheaval of the usual concept of time is the twin paradox. Let us emphasize that this striking example of time dilation proves that time travel (towards the future) is possible. As a gedanken experiment (if we neglect practicalities such as the technology needed for reaching velocities comparable to the velocity of light, the cost of the fuel and the capacity of the traveller to sustain high accelerations), it shows that a sentient being can jump, "within a minute" (of his experienced time) arbitrarily far in the future, say sixty million years ahead, and see, and be part of, what (will) happen then on Earth. This is a clear way of realizing that the future "already exists" (as we can experience it "in a minute")." http://www.bourbaphy.fr/damourtemps.pdf