From: tjk...@gentledarkness.com (Thomas Krueger)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end
Subject: Parasound HINT 6
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 19:10:52 -0800 (PST)
 by: Thomas Krueger - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 03:10 UTC

Holy shorts, what a nice amp and DAC combo this is! Local store had one in stock and on sale as well. After about 6 hours it started to open up, and in a few days I am sure I will be even more blown away. Of course I emailed Richard, and there's something to say for a CEO who answers his company's email.

But a separate question, since the HINT 6 is integrated, changing absolute phase is a pain in the butt. Is there software that can do it? I have a Mac..

Thanks

Tom

Re: Parasound HINT 6

<k7ovmh9sfdd3c3bcvq61i9c7ugbigdcpn0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=90&group=rec.audio.high-end#90

From: tat...@san.rr.com (Tater)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end
Subject: Re: Parasound HINT 6
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 10:08:53 -0800
 by: Tater - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 18:08 UTC

How would you connect your Mac to the amp? The only USB input is a
digital input for the DAC section.

On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 19:10:52 -0800 (PST), Thomas Krueger
<tjk@gentledarkness.com> wrote:

>Holy shorts, what a nice amp and DAC combo this is! Local store had one in stock and on sale as well. After about 6 hours it started to open up, and in a few days I am sure I will be even more blown away. Of course I emailed Richard, and there's something to say for a CEO who answers his company's email.
>
>But a separate question, since the HINT 6 is integrated, changing absolute phase is a pain in the butt. Is there software that can do it? I have a Mac.
>
>Thanks
>
>Tom

Re: Parasound HINT 6

<216cd72b-025e-4cca-bc27-9556a8c6c158n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=91&group=rec.audio.high-end#91

From: tjk...@gentledarkness.com (Thomas Krueger)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 10:24:33 -0800 (PST)
 by: Thomas Krueger - Sun, 13 Nov 2022 18:24 UTC

I have a 4K Apple TV that feeds the Toshiba 4K TV and I take the optical digital out from the TV and feed the amp. So I would either need to use my Stax DAC-Talent (plan to sell it) or get my butt out of the chair and swap at the speakers.

I suggested to Richard that the HINT 7 should have an absolute phase/polarity button and received "Hmmmm" in reply.

Fortunately for me, at least 80% of my recordings are more right than not. I didn't switch often but it would be nice to have the ability to do so.

Or at least re-encode the song. I've seen some software that can do it, but haven't gone farther than that, as of yet.

Tom

On Saturday, November 12, 2022 at 12:40:36 PM UTC-6, Tater wrote:
> How would you connect your Mac to the amp? The only USB input is a
> digital input for the DAC section.
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 19:10:52 -0800 (PST), Thomas Krueger
> <t...@gentledarkness.com> wrote:
>
> >Holy shorts, what a nice amp and DAC combo this is! Local store had one in stock and on sale as well. After about 6 hours it started to open up, and in a few days I am sure I will be even more blown away. Of course I emailed Richard, and there's something to say for a CEO who answers his company's email.
> >
> >But a separate question, since the HINT 6 is integrated, changing absolute phase is a pain in the butt. Is there software that can do it? I have a Mac.
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Tom

tech / rec.audio.high-end / Re: Parasound HINT 6