From: Trolid...@eternal-september.org (Trolidan7)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Antimatter
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 15:38:45 -0700
 by: Trolidan7 - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 22:38 UTC

On 6/10/22 3:29 PM, Jay Bando wrote:
> Trolidan7 wrote:
>
>> The ancient word atom means 'that which can not be cut'.
>> Modern atoms however are not ancient atoms.
>> Atoms have nuclei and electrons surrounding nuclei and atoms can be
>> ionized and many nuclei can be fissioned.
>
> nonsense. Nobody ever see an electron or nuclei, but the action of it. So
> you infact have no idea what you are dealing with. Most closely, quantum
> objects governed by amplitude distribution.

Modern atoms can be ionized.

This has some effects in the spectra of observed objects.

Do humans have 'minds' or 'ideas'?

This depends on the definition of the word 'mind' or 'idea'.

Re: Antimatter

<jgij2kFbcpjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=91655&group=sci.physics.relativity#91655

From: whod...@void.nowgre.com (whodat)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 23:13:02 -0500
 by: whodat - Sat, 11 Jun 2022 04:13 UTC

On 6/10/2022 5:38 PM, Trolidan7 wrote:
> On 6/10/22 3:29 PM, Jay Bando wrote:
>> Trolidan7 wrote:
>>
>>> The ancient word atom means 'that which can not be cut'.
>>> Modern atoms however are not ancient atoms.
>>> Atoms have nuclei and electrons surrounding nuclei and atoms can be
>>> ionized and many nuclei can be fissioned.
>>
>> nonsense. Nobody ever see an electron or nuclei, but the action of it. So
>> you infact have no idea what you are dealing with. Most closely, quantum
>> objects governed by amplitude distribution.
>
> Modern atoms can be ionized.

What about antique atoms?

> This has some effects in the spectra of observed objects.
>
> Do humans have 'minds' or 'ideas'?
>
> This depends on the definition of the word 'mind' or 'idea'.

Is anything certain?