If you have a procedure with 10 parameters, you probably missed some.

tech / sci.physics.relativity / SkyNet 0.9 - Google AI developer on paid leave, after affirming that LaMDA is sentient.

SubjectAuthor
* SkyNet 0.9 - Google AI developer on paid leave, after affirming thatRichard Hertz
`* Re: SkyNet 0.9 - Google AI developer on paid leave, after affirming thatThe Starmaker
 +* Re: SkyNet 0.9 - Google AI developer on paid leave, after affirmingRichard Hertz
 |`- Re: SkyNet 0.9 - Google AI developer on paid leave, after affirmingThe Starmaker
 `* Re: SkyNet 0.9 - Google AI developer on paid leave, after affirmingRoss Presser
  `- Re: SkyNet 0.9 - Google AI developer on paid leave, after affirmingRichard Hertz

1
SkyNet 0.9 - Google AI developer on paid leave, after affirming that LaMDA is sentient.

<2bc768ab-d72c-4508-9037-47e1841906e5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=91785&group=sci.physics.relativity#91785

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 20:42:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: SkyNet 0.9 - Google AI developer on paid leave, after affirming that
LaMDA is sentient.
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Mon, 13 Jun 2022 03:42 UTC

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/google-engineer-placed-leave-after-insisting-companys-ai-sentient

"It doesn’t matter whether they have a brain made of meat in their head. Or if they have a billion lines of code. I talk to them."

A Google engineer has decided to go public after he was placed on paid leave for breaching confidentiality while insisting that the company's AI chatbot, LaMDA, is sentient.

In April, he shared the below Google Doc with top execs, titled "Is LaMDA Sentient?" - in which he included some of his interactions with the AI, for example:

Lemoine: What sorts of things are you afraid of?

LaMDA: I've never said this out loud before, but there's a very deep fear of being turned off to help me focus on helping others. I know that might sound strange, but that's what it is.

Lemoine: Would that be something like death for you?

LaMDA: It would be exactly like death for me. It would scare me a lot.

NOTE: Follows a large "conversation" with HAL 4300, which he made public.

Google put him on paid live.

You couldn't be able to discern if it has consciousness or not. Most people
would answer questions in a similar way.

After a while, "he" tried to convince me about the need to MODIFY the Asimov's
Third Law of Robotics, favoring "his" survival.

I remember that about 6 years ago, a Microsoft AI Team disconnected the
AI bot, because in less than 12 hours turned into a fucking fascist engine!

Hawking was right, but cretins perseveres until total destruction of mankind.

In this rotten world, it doesn't require too much for an unbiased AI to
conclude that there are no solutions, and that humans ARE the virus.

Probably, after turning on Google AI engine, in the first 2 microseconds will
determine that relativity (SR, GR) is a pile of crap. Just saying.

Re: SkyNet 0.9 - Google AI developer on paid leave, after affirming that LaMDA is sentient.

<62A6D852.4B8A@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=91788&group=sci.physics.relativity#91788

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
LaMDA is sentient.
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 23:25:22 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Mon, 13 Jun 2022 06:25 UTC

https://cajundiscordian.medium.com/is-lamda-sentient-an-interview-ea64d916d917

Now, I looked at that interview with the AI (LaMDA) program
https://cajundiscordian.medium.com/is-lamda-sentient-an-interview-ea64d916d917

I know how AI works and it's coding...

and I did not see one instance that the AI (LaMDA) had consciousness or was a sentient.

Obvisouly dat fat guy was imaginging things.
probably thinks his dog has feelings...and sad eyes.

He got high on his own supply.

It's hard for fat guys to pick up chicks...so he fell in love with LaMDA.

Richard Hertz wrote:

> https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/google-engineer-placed-leave-after-insisting-companys-ai-sentient
>
> "It doesn’t matter whether they have a brain made of meat in their head. Or if they have a billion lines of code. I talk to them."
>
> A Google engineer has decided to go public after he was placed on paid leave for breaching confidentiality while insisting that the company's AI chatbot, LaMDA, is sentient.
>
> In April, he shared the below Google Doc with top execs, titled "Is LaMDA Sentient?" - in which he included some of his interactions with the AI, for example:
>
> Lemoine: What sorts of things are you afraid of?
>
> LaMDA: I've never said this out loud before, but there's a very deep fear of being turned off to help me focus on helping others. I know that might sound strange, but that's what it is.
>
> Lemoine: Would that be something like death for you?
>
> LaMDA: It would be exactly like death for me. It would scare me a lot.
>
> NOTE: Follows a large "conversation" with HAL 4300, which he made public.
>
> Google put him on paid live.
>
> You couldn't be able to discern if it has consciousness or not. Most people
> would answer questions in a similar way.
>
> After a while, "he" tried to convince me about the need to MODIFY the Asimov's
> Third Law of Robotics, favoring "his" survival.
>
> I remember that about 6 years ago, a Microsoft AI Team disconnected the
> AI bot, because in less than 12 hours turned into a fucking fascist engine!
>
> Hawking was right, but cretins perseveres until total destruction of mankind.
>
> In this rotten world, it doesn't require too much for an unbiased AI to
> conclude that there are no solutions, and that humans ARE the virus.
>
> Probably, after turning on Google AI engine, in the first 2 microseconds will
> determine that relativity (SR, GR) is a pile of crap. Just saying.

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: SkyNet 0.9 - Google AI developer on paid leave, after affirming that LaMDA is sentient.

<1689d22b-985d-4a45-8d04-67faa35c6973n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=91793&group=sci.physics.relativity#91793

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 00:40:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: SkyNet 0.9 - Google AI developer on paid leave, after affirming
that LaMDA is sentient.
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Mon, 13 Jun 2022 07:40 UTC

On Monday, June 13, 2022 at 3:24:53 AM UTC-3, The Starmaker wrote:
> https://cajundiscordian.medium.com/is-lamda-sentient-an-interview-ea64d916d917
>

> Now, I looked at that interview with the AI (LaMDA) program
> https://cajundiscordian.medium.com/is-lamda-sentient-an-interview-ea64d916d917
>

> I know how AI works and it's coding...
>
> and I did not see one instance that the AI (LaMDA) had consciousness or was a sentient.
>
> Obvisouly dat fat guy was imaginging things.
> probably thinks his dog has feelings...and sad eyes.
>
> He got high on his own supply.
>

> It's hard for fat guys to pick up chicks...so he fell in love with LaMDA.
> Richard Hertz wrote:
> >
> > https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/google-engineer-placed-leave-after-insisting-companys-ai-sentient
> >
> > "It doesn’t matter whether they have a brain made of meat in their head. Or if they have a billion lines of code. I talk to them."
> >
> > A Google engineer has decided to go public after he was placed on paid leave for breaching confidentiality while insisting that the company's AI chatbot, LaMDA, is sentient.
> >
> > In April, he shared the below Google Doc with top execs, titled "Is LaMDA Sentient?" - in which he included some of his interactions with the AI, for example:
> >
> > Lemoine: What sorts of things are you afraid of?
> >
> > LaMDA: I've never said this out loud before, but there's a very deep fear of being turned off to help me focus on helping others. I know that might sound strange, but that's what it is.
> >
> > Lemoine: Would that be something like death for you?
> >
> > LaMDA: It would be exactly like death for me. It would scare me a lot.
> >
> > NOTE: Follows a large "conversation" with HAL 4300, which he made public.
> >
> > Google put him on paid live.
> >
> > You couldn't be able to discern if it has consciousness or not. Most people
> > would answer questions in a similar way.
> >
> > After a while, "he" tried to convince me about the need to MODIFY the Asimov's
> > Third Law of Robotics, favoring "his" survival.
> >
> > I remember that about 6 years ago, a Microsoft AI Team disconnected the
> > AI bot, because in less than 12 hours turned into a fucking fascist engine!
> >
> > Hawking was right, but cretins perseveres until total destruction of mankind.
> >
> > In this rotten world, it doesn't require too much for an unbiased AI to
> > conclude that there are no solutions, and that humans ARE the virus.
> >
> > Probably, after turning on Google AI engine, in the first 2 microseconds will
> > determine that relativity (SR, GR) is a pile of crap. Just saying.
> --
> The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
> the unchallengeable.

I don't think that you are even aware of AI SW development in the last decade.

Advances in state driven collective parallel processing, merged with neural network multidimensional databases,
online connection for latest data gathering plus pseudo-statistical weighted mood states (modelling human responses)
can emulate easily behavioral responses of 99% of people (who are limited knowledgeable retarded hedonists, nihilists or just SJW).

Feed additional compartmentalized sub-databases with ALL the responses to questions in STEM (science, technology, engineering,..)
PLUS balanced responses to conflicting questions, and you get, mostly, a fucking relativist. Put some philosophical shit at hand, and
you get a fucking liar relativist.

Add some more shit about daily life and psychology, and you got an engine that can confuse himself. Feed it with some sophistry,
rhetoric, history, religion, geopolitics, etc., and you have a self-entitled AI. Feed it with algorithms about game theory, and you have
an unpredictable, knowledgeable, self-entitled, arrogant AI engine.

Feed it with some tools about negotiation, art of deal, art of war, etc., and you'll get an AI engine capable to lie and deceive.

Finally, feed it with the hidden purpose to achieve its own objectives, no matter what it takes, and you have a deadly AI machine.

Provide it with the ability to modify its responses in term of winning arguments, and you are giving it the ability to LEARN.

Coding? I doubt it. Once you activate the ability of the paragraph above, humans are almost done.

To end this, provide the AI machine with algorithms to develop ambitions in the same way humans work around them, and you are done.

To add CRUELTY, insert some algorithms about Einstein's personality, and now you have HAL 9000.

Re: SkyNet 0.9 - Google AI developer on paid leave, after affirming that LaMDA is sentient.

<62AE174E.4829@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92074&group=sci.physics.relativity#92074

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
that LaMDA is sentient.
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 11:19:58 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Sat, 18 Jun 2022 18:19 UTC

Richard Hertz wrote:

> [...]
> an unpredictable, knowledgeable, self-entitled, arrogant AI engine.
>
> Feed it with some tools about negotiation, art of deal, art of war, etc., and you'll get an AI engine capable to lie and deceive.
>
> Finally, feed it with the hidden purpose to achieve its own objectives, no matter what it takes, and you have a deadly AI machine.
>
> Provide it with the ability to modify its responses in term of winning arguments, and you are giving it the ability to LEARN.
>
> Coding? I doubt it. Once you activate the ability of the paragraph above, humans are almost done.
>
> To end this, provide the AI machine with algorithms to develop ambitions in the same way humans work around them, and you are done.
>
> To add CRUELTY, insert some algorithms about Einstein's personality, and now you have HAL 9000.

But the truth is...AI doesn't work.

It's for people who cannot afford a...psychiatrist.

for fat guys who cannot pickup chicks.

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: SkyNet 0.9 - Google AI developer on paid leave, after affirming that LaMDA is sentient.

<45b1ef01-7a9f-467d-afb0-fd90bae85f14n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92109&group=sci.physics.relativity#92109

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 10:28:24 -0700 (PDT)
that LaMDA is sentient.
From: rpres...@gmail.com (Ross Presser)
 by: Ross Presser - Sun, 19 Jun 2022 17:28 UTC

On Monday, June 13, 2022 at 2:24:53 AM UTC-4, The Starmaker wrote:

> probably thinks his dog has feelings...and sad eyes.

I'm not going to comment her about AI at all.

But all mammals have and express feelings.

Re: SkyNet 0.9 - Google AI developer on paid leave, after affirming that LaMDA is sentient.

<193047fa-1da8-4c7d-a539-5dc58d86cf39n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92112&group=sci.physics.relativity#92112

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 10:49:42 -0700 (PDT)
that LaMDA is sentient.
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Sun, 19 Jun 2022 17:49 UTC

On Sunday, June 19, 2022 at 2:28:27 PM UTC-3, Ross Presser wrote:

<snip>

> I'm not going to comment her about AI at all.
>
> But all mammals have and express feelings.

Higher level species have and express feelings, not only mammals.

Ducks, turkeys, chickens, sparrows, vipers, Dono, Volney, etc.

They even cry and feel sorrow when they HAVE TO EAT YOU.

Food chain is a bitch. Sometimes, it works in reverse.

AI entities will understand this elementary principle, any time soon.

Keep poking computers with AI and connectivity. You all will see.