Freedom from incrustation of grime is contiguous to rectitude.

interests / sci.anthropology.paleo / Orrorin

SubjectAuthor
* OrrorinDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
`* Re: OrrorinPrimum Sapienti
 `* Re: OrrorinMario Petrinovic
  `* Re: Orrorinlittor...@gmail.com
   `* Re: OrrorinMario Petrinovic
    `- Re: Orrorinlittor...@gmail.com

1
Orrorin

<32c53116-a000-4cb2-8183-7dda0c12e091n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9197&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#9197

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 21:04:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Orrorin
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Wed, 28 Apr 2021 04:04 UTC

The femur of Orrorin tugenensis exhibits morphometric affinities with both Miocene apes and later hominins
Sergio Almécija cs 2013
Nature Communications doi 10.1038/ncomms3888

O.tug.(Kenya c 6 Ma) is one of the earliest putative hominins.
-- Its proximal femur (BAR 1002′00) was originally described as being very human-like.
-- Later multivariate analyses showed an australopith pattern.
-- Some of its traits are also present in earlier Miocene apes, e.g.
-laterally protruding greater trochanter,
-medially oriented lesser trochanter,
-presence of 3rd trochanter.

Here we use geo-metric morphometrics to reassess the morphological affinities of BAR 1002'00 within a large sample of fossil apes & hominins,
we reconstruct hominoid proximal femur evolution, using squared-change parsimony.

Results:
both hominin & modern gr.ape femora evolved in different directions from a primitive morphology, represented by some fossil apes.
O.tug. appears intermediate between Miocene apes & australopiths in shape space.

This evidence is consistent with femoral shape similarities in extant gr.apes being derived & homoplastic,
it has profound implications for understanding the origins of human bipedalism.
- Before kwalking in great apes and carrying in Homo. No comparison with Hylobatids.

Re: Orrorin

<s77sna$8hl$3@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9382&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#9382

From: inva...@invalid.invalid (Primum Sapienti)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Subject: Re: Orrorin
Date: Sat, 8 May 2021 23:42:06 -0600
 by: Primum Sapienti - Sun, 9 May 2021 05:42 UTC

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
> The femur of Orrorin tugenensis exhibits morphometric affinities with both Miocene apes and later hominins
> Sergio Almécija cs 2013
> Nature Communications doi 10.1038/ncomms3888
>
> O.tug.(Kenya c 6 Ma) is one of the earliest putative hominins.
> -- Its proximal femur (BAR 1002′00) was originally described as being very human-like.
> -- Later multivariate analyses showed an australopith pattern.
> -- Some of its traits are also present in earlier Miocene apes, e.g.
> -laterally protruding greater trochanter,
> -medially oriented lesser trochanter,
> -presence of 3rd trochanter.
>
> Here we use geo-metric morphometrics to reassess the morphological affinities of BAR 1002'00 within a large sample of fossil apes & hominins,
> we reconstruct hominoid proximal femur evolution, using squared-change parsimony.
>
> Results:
> both hominin & modern gr.ape femora evolved in different directions from a primitive morphology, represented by some fossil apes.
> O.tug. appears intermediate between Miocene apes & australopiths in shape space.
>
> This evidence is consistent with femoral shape similarities in extant gr.apes being derived & homoplastic,
> it has profound implications for understanding the origins of human bipedalism.
> -
> Before kwalking in great apes and carrying in Homo. No comparison with Hylobatids.

https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms3888

Re: Orrorin

<s79mgi$jmf$1@sunce.iskon.hr>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9402&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#9402

From: mario.pe...@zg.htnet.hr (Mario Petrinovic)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 00:08:18 +0200
 by: Mario Petrinovic - Sun, 9 May 2021 22:08 UTC

On 9.5.2021. 7:42, Primum Sapienti wrote:
> DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
>> The femur of Orrorin tugenensis exhibits morphometric affinities with
>> both Miocene apes and later hominins
>> Sergio Almécija cs 2013
>> Nature Communications doi 10.1038/ncomms3888
>>
>> O.tug.(Kenya c 6 Ma) is one of the earliest putative hominins.
>> -- Its proximal femur (BAR 1002′00) was originally described as being
>> very human-like.
>> -- Later multivariate analyses showed an australopith pattern.
>> -- Some of its traits are also present in earlier Miocene apes, e.g.
>>     -laterally protruding greater trochanter,
>>     -medially oriented lesser trochanter,
>>     -presence of 3rd trochanter.
>>
>> Here we use geo-metric morphometrics to reassess the morphological
>> affinities of BAR 1002'00 within a large sample of fossil apes &
>> hominins,
>> we reconstruct hominoid proximal femur evolution, using squared-change
>> parsimony.
>>
>> Results:
>> both hominin & modern gr.ape femora evolved in different directions
>> from a primitive morphology, represented by some fossil apes.
>> O.tug. appears intermediate between Miocene apes & australopiths in
>> shape space.
>>
>> This evidence is consistent with femoral shape similarities in extant
>> gr.apes being derived & homoplastic,
>> it has profound implications for understanding the origins of human
>> bipedalism.
>> -
>> Before kwalking in great apes and carrying in Homo. No comparison with
>> Hylobatids.
>>

> https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms3888

So, Orrorin was "half way" between Miocene apes and Australopithecus,
and has no connection to extant apes. So, the divergence between
bipedals and extant apes was much earlier than Orrorin, so, much earlier
than 6 mya.
Well, we do know that Ouranopithecus (9mya) was, clearly on our side.

--
https://groups.google.com/g/human-evolution
human-evolution@googlegroups.com

Re: Orrorin

<6ab5e347-9860-4e53-97e9-646d1c579a4bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9414&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#9414

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 02:09:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Mon, 10 May 2021 09:09 UTC

Op maandag 10 mei 2021 om 00:08:19 UTC+2 schreef Mario Petrinovic:

> >> The femur of Orrorin tugenensis exhibits morphometric affinities with
> >> both Miocene apes and later hominins
> >> Sergio Almécija cs 2013 https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms3888
> >> Nature Communications doi 10.1038/ncomms3888
> >> O.tug.(Kenya c 6 Ma) is one of the earliest putative hominins.
> >> -- Its proximal femur (BAR 1002′00) was originally described as being
> >> very human-like.
> >> -- Later multivariate analyses showed an australopith pattern.
> >> -- Some of its traits are also present in earlier Miocene apes, e.g.
> >> -laterally protruding greater trochanter,
> >> -medially oriented lesser trochanter,
> >> -presence of 3rd trochanter.
> >> Here we use geo-metric morphometrics to reassess the morphological
> >> affinities of BAR 1002'00 within a large sample of fossil apes &
> >> hominins,
> >> we reconstruct hominoid proximal femur evolution, using squared-change
> >> parsimony.
> >> Results:
> >> both hominin & modern gr.ape femora evolved in different directions
> >> from a primitive morphology, represented by some fossil apes.
> >> O.tug. appears intermediate between Miocene apes & australopiths in
> >> shape space.
> >> This evidence is consistent with femoral shape similarities in extant
> >> gr.apes being derived & homoplastic,
> >> it has profound implications for understanding the origins of human
> >> bipedalism.

> >> Before kwalking in great apes and carrying in Homo. No comparison with
> >> Hylobatids.

> So, Orrorin was "half way" between Miocene apes and Australopithecus,

OK, if you mean australopith femur & hip.

> and has no connection to extant apes.

??
Most likely, Orrorin was related to gorilla ancestors, google
-"ape human evolution made easy PPT Verhaegen".

> So, the divergence between
> bipedals and extant apes was much earlier than Orrorin, so, much earlier
> than 6 mya.
> Well, we do know that Ouranopithecus (9mya) was, clearly on our side.

:-DDD Everything is on your side, no?

Miocene hominoids were already vertical for wading bipedally & climbing arms overhead in forest swamps,
google e.g.
-"aquarboreal"
-"gorilla bai"
-"bonobo wading"

Re: Orrorin

<s7cmr4$q7h$1@sunce.iskon.hr>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9426&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#9426

From: mario.pe...@zg.htnet.hr (Mario Petrinovic)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 03:32:20 +0200
 by: Mario Petrinovic - Tue, 11 May 2021 01:32 UTC

On 10.5.2021. 11:09, littor...@gmail.com wrote:

>> So, Orrorin was "half way" between Miocene apes and Australopithecus,
>
> OK, if you mean australopith femur & hip.
>
>> and has no connection to extant apes.
>
> ??
> Most likely, Orrorin was related to gorilla ancestors, google
> -"ape human evolution made easy PPT Verhaegen".
>
>> So, the divergence between
>> bipedals and extant apes was much earlier than Orrorin, so, much earlier
>> than 6 mya.
>> Well, we do know that Ouranopithecus (9mya) was, clearly on our side.
>
> :-DDD Everything is on your side, no?
>
> Miocene hominoids were already vertical for wading bipedally & climbing arms overhead in forest swamps,
> google e.g.
> -"aquarboreal"
> -"gorilla bai"
> -"bonobo wading"

Miocene hominoids were already vertical for climbing cliffs, Google
"Saint-Tropez":
https://youtu.be/Cv5uuhkS4j8

--
https://groups.google.com/g/human-evolution
human-evolution@googlegroups.com

Re: Orrorin

<59e1f16d-9644-4c7c-b2fe-f99e5b3232f4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9434&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#9434

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 03:22:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Tue, 11 May 2021 10:22 UTC

Op dinsdag 11 mei 2021 om 03:32:21 UTC+2 schreef Mario Petrinovic:

climbing cliffs??
Mario, Mario... :-D
No, no, Miocene hominoids were already vertical, not for climbing cliffs of course, but simply for wading bipedally & climbing arms overhead in the branches above the water.
And Orrorin was simply an early relative of gorillas.
We did not evolved from chimp-like creatures, but from more apith-like ancestors,
and apiths were evolving (E//S.Africa) in Afr;ape direction (Gorilla//Pan).
Google our TREE paper "aquarboreal ancestors".