"But what we need to know is, do people want nasally-insertable computers?"

tech / sci.electronics.design / Shortages and Choosing Alternates

SubjectAuthor
* Shortages and Choosing AlternatesRick C
+- Re: Shortages and Choosing AlternatesSjouke Burry
`* Re:Shortages and Choosing AlternatesMartin Rid
 `* Re: Shortages and Choosing AlternatesRich S
  `- Re: Shortages and Choosing AlternatesRick C

1
Shortages and Choosing Alternates

<7991982d-2834-46d8-be2c-596f63490141n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92199&group=sci.electronics.design#92199

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 12:02:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Shortages and Choosing Alternates
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 19:02 UTC

I have not been able to buy some of the parts needed for my designs. However, more importantly, I've not been able to buy my favorite saltine cracker! It has been about two months since I've seen any on the shelves in several stores, including Walmart, Target, Wegmans, Food Lion and Weis. The manufacturer says they are seeing "product shortages" which doesn't say anything really.

Most web sites like this are useless, having been designed by some geeks with minimal training and less supervision. Often features on the web site do not work and links are broken.

I may die without ever having my favorite saltine crackers again, all because of the indifference of baking companies. :(

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Shortages and Choosing Alternates

<nnd$030f88b7$6879b67c@bb7910316a89cc4b>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92201&group=sci.electronics.design#92201

Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 20:49:30 +0100
From: burrynul...@ppllaanneett.nnll (Sjouke Burry)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Shortages and Choosing Alternates
 by: Sjouke Burry - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 19:49 UTC

On 13.03.22 20:02, Rick C wrote:
> I have not been able to buy some of the parts needed for my designs. However, more importantly, I've not been able to buy my favorite saltine cracker! It has been about two months since I've seen any on the shelves in several stores, including Walmart, Target, Wegmans, Food Lion and Weis. The manufacturer says they are seeing "product shortages" which doesn't say anything really.
>
> Most web sites like this are useless, having been designed by some geeks with minimal training and less supervision. Often features on the web site do not work and links are broken.
>
> I may die without ever having my favorite saltine crackers again, all because of the indifference of baking companies. :(

Get a culinary guide and start making them.

Re:Shortages and Choosing Alternates

<t0li16$krt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92202&group=sci.electronics.design#92202

From: martin_r...@verison.net (Martin Rid)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 15:52:04 -0400 (EDT)
 by: Martin Rid - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 19:52 UTC

Rick C <gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
> I have not been able to buy some of the parts needed for my designs. However, more importantly, I've not been able to buy my favorite saltine cracker! It has been about two months since I've seen any on the shelves in several stores, including Walmart, Target, Wegmans, Food Lion and Weis. The manufacturer says they are seeing "product shortages" which doesn't say anything really. Most web sites like this are useless, having been designed by some geeks with minimal training and less supervision. Often features on the web site do not work and links are broken. I may die without ever having my favorite saltine crackers again, all because of the indifference of baking companies. :(-- Rick C.- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

What they really mean, is that there's less product in each package.

Cheers
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----

Re: Shortages and Choosing Alternates

<c82912b7-48eb-4b21-aa03-ab99583fe4e8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92213&group=sci.electronics.design#92213

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 15:39:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: richsuli...@gmail.com (Rich S)
 by: Rich S - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 22:39 UTC

On Sunday, March 13, 2022 at 7:52:17 PM UTC, Martin Rid wrote:
> Rick C <gnuarm.del...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
> > I have not been able to buy some of the parts needed for my designs. However, more importantly, I've not been able to buy my favorite saltine cracker! It has been about two months since I've seen any on the shelves in several stores, including Walmart, Target, Wegmans, Food Lion and Weis. The manufacturer says they are seeing "product shortages" which doesn't say anything really. Most web sites like this are useless, having been designed by some geeks with minimal training and less supervision. Often features on the web site do not work and links are broken. I may die without ever having my favorite saltine crackers again, all because of the indifference of baking companies. :(-

well, Rick, are your cracker specifications "tight"?
unlike your favorite PLL or CPU or FPGA..
I see many "substitute" crackers in stock - their
"specs" seem fairly close to me,
Keebler, Sunshine, Nabisco, etc.
;-)

Re: Shortages and Choosing Alternates

<df820364-f1cd-4429-ae2c-0b447953647cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92229&group=sci.electronics.design#92229

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 17:26:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rick C)
 by: Rick C - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 00:26 UTC

On Sunday, March 13, 2022 at 6:39:36 PM UTC-4, Rich S wrote:
> On Sunday, March 13, 2022 at 7:52:17 PM UTC, Martin Rid wrote:
> > Rick C <gnuarm.del...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
> > > I have not been able to buy some of the parts needed for my designs. However, more importantly, I've not been able to buy my favorite saltine cracker! It has been about two months since I've seen any on the shelves in several stores, including Walmart, Target, Wegmans, Food Lion and Weis. The manufacturer says they are seeing "product shortages" which doesn't say anything really. Most web sites like this are useless, having been designed by some geeks with minimal training and less supervision. Often features on the web site do not work and links are broken. I may die without ever having my favorite saltine crackers again, all because of the indifference of baking companies. :(-
> well, Rick, are your cracker specifications "tight"?
> unlike your favorite PLL or CPU or FPGA..
> I see many "substitute" crackers in stock - their
> "specs" seem fairly close to me,
> Keebler, Sunshine, Nabisco, etc.
> ;-)

Substitutions must be qualified and so far none have passed testing.

Actually, in the stores where I shop, there are hardly any saltines in stock. Trying a few manufacturers' web pages all seem to report the same shortages as do the various web sites of Walmart, etc. In PR they tend to have Export Soda crackers rather than saltines. I'm headed back this week. We'll see if they have any of those.

It's actually funny that the "contact us" pages don't even bother asking what you want. They just tell you there's a shortage and they are doing everything they can. No explanation for it other than, shortage of material and workers. Why would crackers have more shortages of materials or worker than any other food product?