"I never let my schooling get in the way of my education." -- Mark Twain

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Di2

SubjectAuthor
* Di2Tom Kunich
`- Re: Di2funkma...@hotmail.com

1
Di2

<609effc2-b176-4fdb-8d10-fe4dd7b4768en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92358&group=rec.bicycles.tech#92358

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 08:15:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Di2
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 15:15 UTC

I received the longer wires and finished wiring the Ridley yesterday. It now shifts front and rear. It was a real pain in the butt until I removed the inner and outer brake cables. I also removed the e-wire on the close side that went to the bar end terminal. Finally everything went in and it was easy to put the short e-wire and the brake cables back in. This took several hours though the initial wiring only took a couple of minutes except for the wiring of the 4 port connector near the BB30. All of the other Di2 bikes I built had BB386 so there was plenty of room to wire everything up easily. That BB30 differs from the BB386 by having a steel shell with holes in it that you have to try and work through. I suppose someone with the hands of a little girl like Flunky wouldn't have any trouble but only my little finger could get through the hole so it took an entire day to figure out how to get it done.

I will now have to re-install the BB30, the crank, install the chain and do the fine tuning of the derailleurs.

Wrap the handlebars and I'm ready to go.

It looks very good and I will publish a picture of it when I'm finished.

Re: Di2

<b6540d34-8ccc-4842-9191-d8a052848272n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92399&group=rec.bicycles.tech#92399

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 16:11:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Di2
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 23:11 UTC

On Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 11:15:51 AM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
> I received the longer wires and finished wiring the Ridley yesterday. It now shifts front and rear. It was a real pain in the butt until I removed the inner and outer brake cables. I also removed the e-wire on the close side that went to the bar end terminal. Finally everything went in and it was easy to put the short e-wire and the brake cables back in. This took several hours though the initial wiring only took a couple of minutes except for the wiring of the 4 port connector near the BB30. All of the other Di2 bikes I built had BB386 so there was plenty of room to wire everything up easily. That BB30 differs from the BB386 by having a steel shell with holes in it that you have to try and work through. I suppose someone with the hands of a little girl like Flunky wouldn't have any trouble but only my little finger could get through the hole so it took an entire day to figure out how to get it done.

More proof that I live rent free in tommy's head.