"Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it." -- Marvin the paranoid android

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: muck-off punture survey

SubjectAuthor
* muck-off punture surveyRoger Meriman
+* Re: muck-off punture surveyTom Kunich
|`* Re: muck-off punture surveyCatrike Rider
| `- Re: muck-off punture surveyRoger Meriman
+* Re: muck-off punture surveyFrank Krygowski
|+* Re: muck-off punture surveyAMuzi
||`* Re: muck-off punture surveyCatrike Rider
|| +- Re: muck-off punture surveyRoger Meriman
|| `* Re: muck-off punture surveyAMuzi
||  `* Re: muck-off punture surveyTom Kunich
||   +* Re: muck-off punture surveyAMuzi
||   |`- Re: muck-off punture surveyTom Kunich
||   `* Re: muck-off punture surveyRoger Meriman
||    +* Re: muck-off punture surveyJohn B.
||    |`* Re: muck-off punture surveyRoger Meriman
||    | `* Re: muck-off punture surveyJohn B.
||    |  +- Re: muck-off punture surveyRoger Meriman
||    |  `* Re: muck-off punture surveyAMuzi
||    |   `* Re: muck-off punture surveyTom Kunich
||    |    `- Re: muck-off punture surveyJohn B.
||    +* Re: muck-off punture surveyCatrike Rider
||    |`* Re: muck-off punture surveyRoger Meriman
||    | `* Re: muck-off punture surveyCatrike Rider
||    |  `- Re: muck-off punture surveyRoger Meriman
||    `* Re: muck-off punture surveyTom Kunich
||     `- Re: muck-off punture surveyRoger Meriman
|`- Re: muck-off punture surveyRoger Meriman
`- Re: muck-off punture surveyTom Kunich

Pages:12
Re: muck-off punture survey

<pLZPM.307102$NvC4.82345@fx06.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92376&group=rec.bicycles.tech#92376

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: muck-off punture survey
From: rog...@sarlet.com (Roger Meriman)
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 16:48:21 GMT
 by: Roger Meriman - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 16:48 UTC

Catrike Rider <soloman@drafting.not> wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Sep 2023 11:09:25 GMT, Roger Meriman <roger@sarlet.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Catrike Rider <soloman@drafting.not> wrote:

>>> They make sealant for tubes, too. I would never use the nasty stuff.
>>>
>>> https://bikecommuterhero.com/sealant-inner-tube/?expand_article=1
>>>

>> In my experience never worked well, just made a nasty mess! Used it last
>> century on my MTB etc bit like bar ends gave a it go few times over the
>> years but each time decided it wasn’t worth it!
>>
>> Unlike tubeless at least on the gravel bike which very much does work
>> though if it does fail it’s a right mess but I’ll take that vs multiple
>> punctures per ride!
>>
>> Roger Merriman
>
> The way I ride, I don't get many flats. This year was an outlayer,
> but I haven't any flats since I replaced the rim tape.

Previously used to average 2 a year on the road bike with stuff like 4
seasons and so on. My commute bike has Big Apples which are very similar to
Marathons bar the sidewall both don’t do mud well! And takes something to
puncture I get one maybe every few years? Last was a large screw which I
could hear knocking….

But the gravel bike particularly in the wetter months is a puncture magnet
plus tubeless does feel better ie plusher. But for me it’s the lack of
punctures that is the thing.

Roger Merriman

Re: muck-off punture survey

<3VZPM.135012$tXw4.56969@fx11.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92377&group=rec.bicycles.tech#92377

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: rog...@sarlet.com (Roger Meriman)
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 16:58:39 GMT
 by: Roger Meriman - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 16:58 UTC

Tom Kunich <cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 12:53:59 AM UTC-7, Roger Meriman wrote:
>> Tom Kunich <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hutchison supposedly has a tubeless tire that doesn't need sealant. If
>>> that is actually true it may be a choice regardless that it must be heavy as a car tire.
>>>
>> To the best of my knowledge some modern tires though intended to have
>> sealant will inflate and hold without, more older ones that where somewhat
>> porous and so needed sealant, to seal the sidewalls.
>>
>> Roger Merriman
> Yes they do but they leak air fairly rapidly and have to be pumped up
> every day. Air leaks around the rim strip and the uneven bead seal.

I’ve only had one tire that did that, and only day or so after set up after
that was fine.

My tubeless tires loose pressure about same as tubes ie be fine for a few
days even after a few weeks tend to be only a few psi down.

Roger Merriman

Re: muck-off punture survey

<ktj1hithpc3p9839k821sst02prqof78sd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92404&group=rec.bicycles.tech#92404

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 07:31:30 +0700
References: <3EfPM.324364$98Pa.20996@fx03.ams4> <uel56g$eh49$2@dont-email.me> <uel5uc$el1s$1@dont-email.me> <qn7sgidiem9c1erfh49qftkaj0fdv7uqjm@4ax.com> <ueld3e$g40h$1@dont-email.me> <83471689-95a8-4e61-91b5-b0f261c25035n@googlegroups.com> <nWRPM.299443$NvC4.147056@fx06.ams4> <e4svgil5rdn54pivegmiediiagjjebcgfk@4ax.com> <9UUPM.437474$sOsa.22666@fx04.ams4> <9n70hitu5t6irr15dklqpkg1v4jfbh12bq@4ax.com> <uepgld$1cfqf$8@dont-email.me> <c26dff9f-3511-4f34-bfaa-b425516783f6n@googlegroups.com>
 by: John B. - Mon, 25 Sep 2023 00:31 UTC

On Sun, 24 Sep 2023 08:24:57 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 7:21:37?AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
>> On 9/24/2023 6:38 AM, John B. wrote:

>> > Say goodbye to common air loss issues with the revolutionary
>> > AIRSHIELD™ technology. By integrating two high-performance sealing
>> > compounds that coat both the tyre’s interior and bead, AIRSHIELD™
>> > ensures an airtight environment. The flexible butyl layer extends
>> > seamlessly to the rim, allowing it to flex and deform with the tyre’s
>> > movement, maintaining an impenetrable seal against air leakage.
>> > https://cycling.hutchinson.com/new-challenger-tubeless-the-ultimate-all-season-ultra-endurance-and-training-tyre/
>> >
>> You go first. Let us know.
>> --
>> Andrew Muzi
>> a...@yellowjersey.org
>> Open every day since 1 April, 1971
>
>Very Slow-come lies to us that he rides a bike - that he rides into Bangkok and continuously is the expert on matters bicycle because he is willing to use Google and believe advertising claims. I would say that a fool and his money are soon parted but he hasn't done a thing bicycle for at least 20 years. And before that only minimally.

Yup, old Tommy nattering about what he knows nothing.

But more to the point I posted that you were a lying piece of shit for
your post about all the deaths caused by the Covid vaccinations and
offered to admit you were right if you posted some facts to backup
your assertions.

To date you have been remarkably silent about that and are reduced to
insults.Apparently you believe that, somehow, insults on your part
equate to facts on mine.

No Tommy, I didn't ride Into Bangkok, I lived in Bangkok and rode a
bicycle IN Bangkok.

As for bicycles? Well, I designed and built a bicycle from the bare
tubes, ordered Columbus tubes, cut them to size, fitted them and
brazed them together. Still got the bike. While you, from your own
posts, can't successfully install a seat post, so no more talk about
bicycles.

As for Google, i.e., You might want to look at it a bit. One of the
requirements for a Wikipedia post is that you document your
statements.
Look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California for example and
notice that way down on the bottom of the post are all those funny
notations - 378 of them in this case, all of which are references to
statements made in the main portion of the post to document the truth
of the statements.

But, of course, documenting the truth is totally foreign to someone
who claims to have designed the first practical heart-lung machine...
when he was 10 years old.

You truly are a lying piece of shit, aren't you Tommy.

--
Cheers,

John B.