From: david.br...@hesbynett.no (David Brown)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Zuckerbucks and the 2020 US Election
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 10:35:19 +0100
 by: David Brown - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 09:35 UTC

On 17/03/2022 16:44, Joe Gwinn wrote:
> Non-US SED denizens probably have not heard of this, so I decided to
> mention it here.

I thought most people were aware that the US has a strong tradition of
legalised bribery in all levels of elected officials? That's what party
and candidate campaign contributions, as well as lobbying, amounts to.

(It is not unique to the USA - but like many things, the USA is the
world leader here.)

If there are new rules limiting this, then that /is/ new to me. (I know
there are already /some/ rules, but your example shows how ineffective
these are.)