The first sign of maturity is the discovery that the volume knob also turns to the left.

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Insanity in Theoretical Physics

SubjectAuthor
* Insanity in Theoretical PhysicsPentcho Valev
+- Re: Insanity in Theoretical PhysicsJ. J. Lodder
`- Re: Insanity in Theoretical Physicswhodat

1
Insanity in Theoretical Physics

<2db47487-d662-4a1e-b64d-fea996834ff9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93371&group=sci.physics.relativity#93371

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 02:56:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Insanity in Theoretical Physics
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Sat, 16 Jul 2022 09:56 UTC

"In special relativity, the speed of light remains constant by allowing both space and time to change in such a way as to keep the speed of light constant." https://coursehero.com/tutors-problems/Physics/28577046-According-to-special-relativity-the-speed-of-light-is-the-same-for-al/

"Einstein pulled all of these ideas together in his 1905 theory of special relativity, which postulated that the speed of light was a constant. For this to be true, space and time had to be combined into a single framework that conspired to keep light's speed the same for all observers." https://www..livescience.com/space-time.html

Michelle Thaller: "All of the universe shifts around this constant, the speed of light." https://youtube.com/watch?v=DO7J2YIz8tY

Brian Greene: "If space and time did not behave this way, the speed of light would not be constant and would depend on the observer's state of motion. But it is constant; space and time do behave this way. Space and time adjust themselves in an exactly compensating manner so that observations of light's speed yield the same result, regardless of the observer's velocity." http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/physics/special-relativity-nutshell.html

Neil deGrasse Tyson, Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries, pp. 123-124: "If everyone, everywhere and at all times, is to measure the same speed for the beam from your imaginary spacecraft, a number of things have to happen. First of all, as the speed of your spacecraft increases, the length of everything - you, your measuring devices, your spacecraft - shortens in the direction of motion, as seen by everyone else. Furthermore, your own time slows down exactly enough so that when you haul out your newly shortened yardstick, you are guaranteed to be duped into measuring the same old constant value for the speed of light. What we have here is a COSMIC CONSPIRACY OF THE HIGHEST ORDER." https://www.amazon.com/Death-Black-Hole-Cosmic-Quandaries/dp/039335038X

See more here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev

Re: Insanity in Theoretical Physics

<1pv6ry8.q5x5jzyt1r1dN%nospam@de-ster.demon.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93373&group=sci.physics.relativity#93373

From: nos...@de-ster.demon.nl (J. J. Lodder)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: Insanity in Theoretical Physics
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 13:34:43 +0200
 by: J. J. Lodder - Sat, 16 Jul 2022 11:34 UTC

Pentcho Valev <pvalev@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "In special relativity, the speed of light remains constant by allowing
> both space and time to change in such a way as to keep the speed of light
> constant."
> https://coursehero.com/tutors-problems/Physics/28577046-According-to-speci
> al-relativity-the-speed-of-light-is-the-same-for-al/
>
> "Einstein pulled all of these ideas together in his 1905 theory of special
> relativity, which postulated that the speed of light was a constant. For
> this to be true, space and time had to be combined into a single framework
> that conspired to keep light's speed the same for all observers."
> https://www.livescience.com/space-time.html
>
> Michelle Thaller: "All of the universe shifts around this constant, the
> speed of light." https://youtube.com/watch?v=DO7J2YIz8tY
>
> Brian Greene: "If space and time did not behave this way, the speed of
> light would not be constant and would depend on the observer's state of
> motion. But it is constant; space and time do behave this way. Space and
> time adjust themselves in an exactly compensating manner so that
> observations of light's speed yield the same result, regardless of the
> observer's velocity."
> http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/physics/special-relativity-nutshell.html
>
> Neil deGrasse Tyson, Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries, pp.
> 123-124: "If everyone, everywhere and at all times, is to measure the same
> speed for the beam from your imaginary spacecraft, a number of things have
> to happen. First of all, as the speed of your spacecraft increases, the
> length of everything - you, your measuring devices, your spacecraft -
> shortens in the direction of motion, as seen by everyone else.
> Furthermore, your own time slows down exactly enough so that when you haul
> out your newly shortened yardstick, you are guaranteed to be duped into
> measuring the same old constant value for the speed of light. What we have
> here is a COSMIC CONSPIRACY OF THE HIGHEST ORDER."
> https://www.amazon.com/Death-Black-Hole-Cosmic-Quandaries/dp/039335038X

All correct, for once. (apart from the all caps)

Maybe you should limit yourself to quoting people who know better,
instead of trying to write things for yourself,

Jan

Re: Insanity in Theoretical Physics

<jjgesrFarnhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93379&group=sci.physics.relativity#93379

From: whod...@void.nowgre.com (whodat)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 13:38:11 -0500
 by: whodat - Sat, 16 Jul 2022 18:38 UTC

On 7/16/2022 4:56 AM, Pentcho Valev wrote:
> "In special relativity, the speed of light remains constant by allowing both space and time to change in such a way as to keep the speed of light constant." https://coursehero.com/tutors-problems/Physics/28577046-According-to-special-relativity-the-speed-of-light-is-the-same-for-al/

> "Einstein pulled all of these ideas together in his 1905 theory of special relativity, which postulated that the speed of light was a constant.

No he didn't. Your misquoting Einstein is not worthy of further
discussion.