Dinosaurs aren't extinct. They've just learned to hide in the trees.

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: all electric cars in europe

SubjectAuthor
* all electric cars in europejlarkin
+* Re: all electric cars in europeRickster
|+- Re: all electric cars in europeDavid Brown
|+* Re: all electric cars in europeTom Del Rosso
||`- Re: all electric cars in europeRickster
|`* Re: all electric cars in europeFlyguy
| `- Re: all electric cars in europeRickster
+* Re: all electric cars in europeJan Panteltje
|+* Re: all electric cars in europejlarkin
||+* Re: all electric cars in europeRalph Mowery
|||+* Re: all electric cars in europebitrex
|||+* Re: all electric cars in europeDavid Brown
|||`- Re: all electric cars in europeTom Del Rosso
||+* Re: all electric cars in europeJan Panteltje
|||+- Re: all electric cars in europePhil Allison
|||`* Re: all electric cars in europewhit3rd
||| `* Re: all electric cars in europeRickster
|||  `* Re: all electric cars in europewhit3rd
|||   `- Re: all electric cars in europeRickster
||+- Re: all electric cars in europeRickster
||+- Re: all electric cars in europeGerhard Hoffmann
||+* Re: all electric cars in europeRickster
|||`- Re: all electric cars in europeRickster
||+- Re: all electric cars in europeRickster
||+- Re: all electric cars in europeTom Gardner
||+- Re: all electric cars in europeTom Gardner
||`* Re: all electric cars in europeCydrome Leader
|| `- Re: all electric cars in europeRicky
|`* Re: all electric cars in europeTom Gardner
| `* Re: all electric cars in europeJan Panteltje
|  +* Re: all electric cars in europeSjouke Burry
|  |`* Re: all electric cars in europeTom Gardner
|  | `- Re: all electric cars in europeRickster
|  `* Re: all electric cars in europeTom Gardner
|   `* Re: all electric cars in europeJan Panteltje
|    +* Re: all electric cars in europeTom Gardner
|    |`* Re: all electric cars in europeJan Panteltje
|    | `* Re: all electric cars in europeTom Gardner
|    |  `* Re: all electric cars in europeJan Panteltje
|    |   `- Re: all electric cars in europeTom Gardner
|    `- Re: all electric cars in europeRickster
+* Re: all electric cars in europebitrex
|+* Re: all electric cars in europejlarkin
||+- Re: all electric cars in europebitrex
||`- Re: all electric cars in europeEd Lee
|+- Re: all electric cars in europeRickster
|`* Re: all electric cars in europeLiz Tuddenham
| `- Re: all electric cars in europeRickster
+* Re: all electric cars in europeDemonicTubes
|`- Re: all electric cars in europeEd Lee
+* Re: all electric cars in europePhil Allison
|`- Re: all electric cars in europeRickster
+* Re: all electric cars in europeTom Del Rosso
|+* Re: all electric cars in europejlarkin
||`* Re: all electric cars in europebitrex
|| +* Re: all electric cars in europeTom Del Rosso
|| |`- Re: all electric cars in europebitrex
|| `* Re: all electric cars in europejlarkin
||  +* Re: all electric cars in europebitrex
||  |`* Re: all electric cars in europejlarkin
||  | `* Re: all electric cars in europebitrex
||  |  `* Re: all electric cars in europeJohn Larkin
||  |   `- Re: all electric cars in europeEd Lee
||  `- Re: all electric cars in europeRickster
|`- Re: all electric cars in europebitrex
`* Re: all electric cars in europeEd Lee
 +* Re: all electric cars in europeJan Panteltje
 |`- Re: all electric cars in europeRickster
 `* Re: all electric cars in europejlarkin
  +* Re: all electric cars in europeEd Lee
  |`* Re: all electric cars in europeRickster
  | `* Re: all electric cars in europeEd Lee
  |  `* Re: all electric cars in europeRickster
  |   `- Re: all electric cars in europeEd Lee
  `* Re: all electric cars in europeMike Monett
   `* Re: all electric cars in europeRickster
    `* Re: all electric cars in europeEd Lee
     +* Re: all electric cars in europeRalph Mowery
     |+* Re: all electric cars in europeLasse Langwadt Christensen
     ||`* Re: all electric cars in europeEd Lee
     || +* Re: all electric cars in europeRalph Mowery
     || |+* Re: all electric cars in europejlarkin
     || |+* Re: all electric cars in europeEd Lee
     || |`* Re: all electric cars in europeJasen Betts
     || | `* Re: all electric cars in europeRickster
     || `* Re: all electric cars in europeClive Arthur
     |`* Re: all electric cars in europeEd Lee
     `- Re: all electric cars in europeRickster

Pages:12345
Re: all electric cars in europe

<1E1%J.271155$m1S7.145370@fx36.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92962&group=sci.electronics.design#92962

Subject: Re: all electric cars in europe
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
<7df487b6-fcad-4c86-818d-0d5976bf2565n@googlegroups.com>
<88da59ab-f53b-4290-b9d2-d0e12ff1865fn@googlegroups.com>
<a3d785ab-c85b-4eb7-9f16-b2548f532bc4n@googlegroups.com>
From: carl.ija...@yyverizon.net (Carl)
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 13:12:29 -0400
 by: Carl - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 17:12 UTC

On 3/24/22 11:52, Ed Lee wrote:
> On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 7:32:00 AM UTC-7, Ed Lee wrote:

>>> Why don't you start that business?
>>
>> In due course. First, they (google or cruise) need to be approved for FSD. Then we can order a custom version with battery and charger inside. It's going to be a Leaf club, just for older EV and Tesla charging at Nissan dealers. I have seen a few, don't know why they need to do that.
>
> I am going to call this self driving flat bed (not truck or trailer) the "Leaf Rack".

Saw this link on another board, thought some humor would be welcome
here: https://twitter.com/hkuppy/status/1402825213956472836

--
Regards,
Carl

Re: all electric cars in europe

<6H1%J.17064$fV.4778@fx31.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92964&group=sci.electronics.design#92964

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 13:15:45 -0400
 by: bitrex - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 17:15 UTC

On 3/24/2022 1:36 AM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
> bitrex wrote:
>> On 3/20/2022 11:01 AM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

>>> Good point. Owning a car grants freedoms to the masses, and our wise
>>> leadership doesn't want that.
>>>
>>> When I was in the Moscow, all the cars had to pull over whan a fat
>>> cat Party member zoomed by in the left lane in his limo. I think the
>>> left lane was actually reserved for them.
>>>
>>> We underlings are slowing down the elites. We should be on trains or
>>> bicycles.
>>
>> Have you seen what the e.g. sleeper trains in Japan look like? And
>> unlike Amtrak they don't even cost an arm and a leg to ride on rattly
>> rails and get a complimentary Dunkin Donuts coffee for $389 one-way.
>>
>> <https://youtu.be/KG53Pr3pFg4>
>>
>> I would ride this to visit my buddy in Chicago every time if this
>> class of service were available in the US, what's so "freedom" about
>> driving. The highways are clogged up with idiot morons you just put
>> your life and tens of thousands worth of car on the line anytime you
>> go significant distance, and us young Gen Xers don't have that many
>> paid-off assets to spare...
>
> What's so "freedom" is that people are free to choose driving and they
> do. The reasons are different in different areas but it's just practical
> to have the flexibility.

I think older people had more of an experience relating the automobile
to concepts of "freedom" than younger people do at this point. There was
indeed more freedom at that time things weren't as built up, more space
to go and have your own adventures.

By the time I got my hands on a car those place were fast evaporating
everything was a strip mall, homes & condos and most places looked very
much like every other place, why drive 50 miles to go to some other mega
mall that looks exactly like the one 5 miles away.

And you could take your girl out on a ride to the country for a romantic
interlude and there wasn't 50,000 police officers in black SUVs up your
ass everywhere you go looking for "loiterers" and shining a flashlight
in your face anytime you stop somewhere for 5 minutes that's not for the
purposes of buying something. "What are you kids up to? Everyone ok?" etc.

> Japan would fit easily between you and Chicago. For those distances
> planes are more practical. Japan even had a custom "commuter" version of
> the 747 made only for them, with smaller tanks and modifications to last
> for many short trips.

Fuel was what, 50 cent a gallon at that point which likely helped. Still
probably burned 20% of their gross just taking off on a hop like that.

It's remarkable anyone ever thought passenger air travel would be easy
money & the list of defunct commercial airlines was long even when fuel
was cheap.

If the business hadn't been invented yet and you described the hustle to
an investor "Well we're going to launch a few hundred people through the
air at 35,000 feet in an aluminum tube and this scheme is really going
to bring in the bucks" I think the investor might invest in a hot dog
factory instead seems like a safer bet.

Re: all electric cars in europe

<rp9p3hdent093mg2kbr0bt6e7re133n70b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92965&group=sci.electronics.design#92965

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 10:17:59 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 17:17 UTC

On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 12:56:46 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

>On 3/24/2022 11:45 AM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

>>> Have you seen what the e.g. sleeper trains in Japan look like? And
>>> unlike Amtrak they don't even cost an arm and a leg to ride on rattly
>>> rails and get a complimentary Dunkin Donuts coffee for $389 one-way.
>>>
>>> <https://youtu.be/KG53Pr3pFg4>
>>>
>>> I would ride this to visit my buddy in Chicago every time if this class
>>> of service were available in the US, what's so "freedom" about driving.
>>
>> Running out for another six-pack after you get there.
>>
>> It's funny to see rich greenies fly to climate conferences in their
>> private jets, where their gigabuck yachts are waiting. They tend to
>> build multiple mansions in the mountains and right on the beach in
>> Malibu and Martha's Vineyard and Hawaii.
>
>Describes a tiny fraction of "greenies." Like 1% of them, perhaps...
>
>> And tell us to walk and wait for busses and eat lentils. And to grow
>> natural non-GMO food without fertilizer.
>

>Man when was the last time you ever waited for a bus or had to eat
>lentils cuz you didn't have a choice in the matter, 1972? No one's ever
>going to force you to do any of that, you're fine.

"Man"? I guess Uncle Joe has brought that expression back from ancient
times.

Gas prices are going to push a lot of people onto trains and busses
and long walks to finish up trips. That's partly by design.

--

I yam what I yam - Popeye

Re: all electric cars in europe

<VT1%J.400467$mF2.202477@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92967&group=sci.electronics.design#92967

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 13:29:24 -0400
 by: bitrex - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 17:29 UTC

On 3/24/2022 1:17 PM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 12:56:46 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

>>> Running out for another six-pack after you get there.
>>>
>>> It's funny to see rich greenies fly to climate conferences in their
>>> private jets, where their gigabuck yachts are waiting. They tend to
>>> build multiple mansions in the mountains and right on the beach in
>>> Malibu and Martha's Vineyard and Hawaii.
>>
>> Describes a tiny fraction of "greenies." Like 1% of them, perhaps...
>>
>>> And tell us to walk and wait for busses and eat lentils. And to grow
>>> natural non-GMO food without fertilizer.
>>

>> Man when was the last time you ever waited for a bus or had to eat
>> lentils cuz you didn't have a choice in the matter, 1972? No one's ever
>> going to force you to do any of that, you're fine.
>

> "Man"? I guess Uncle Joe has brought that expression back from ancient
> times.

If "Uncle Joe" were really Uncle Joe I figure America would look much
different by this point & it doesn't look much different to me.

> Gas prices are going to push a lot of people onto trains and busses
> and long walks to finish up trips. That's partly by design.

I have learned that when a market figures it can bilk some extra bucks
and figures that people can afford to pay it and will pay it that's what
it tends to do. Only a real Uncle Joe could set the price of gasoline by
fiat and I don't think this one is that.

Re: all electric cars in europe

<rdbp3h9lc40k8g64n2enr503fvufmqjm9d@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92968&group=sci.electronics.design#92968

From: jlar...@highland_atwork_technology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 10:54:34 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 17:54 UTC

On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 13:29:24 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

>On 3/24/2022 1:17 PM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

>>> Describes a tiny fraction of "greenies." Like 1% of them, perhaps...

>>> Man when was the last time you ever waited for a bus or had to eat
>>> lentils cuz you didn't have a choice in the matter, 1972? No one's ever
>>> going to force you to do any of that, you're fine.
>>

>> "Man"? I guess Uncle Joe has brought that expression back from ancient
>> times.
>
>If "Uncle Joe" were really Uncle Joe I figure America would look much
>different by this point & it doesn't look much different to me.
>
>> Gas prices are going to push a lot of people onto trains and busses
>> and long walks to finish up trips. That's partly by design.
>
>I have learned that when a market figures it can bilk some extra bucks
>and figures that people can afford to pay it and will pay it that's what
>it tends to do.

We talked about that in Economics 101. Economic forces determine
supply and demand and prices. Everybody naturally charges what they
can get. One of the few rational things that government does here is
antitrust law.

>Only a real Uncle Joe could set the price of gasoline by
>fiat and I don't think this one is that.

No, but his team is doing a lot to discourage gasoline and NG
production. California too, with gas near $7 a gallon.

The price of gas doesn't bother me (short commute, engineer's income)
but I feel sorry for low-wage workers with long commutes, or people
who need a pickup truck to make their living.

We love the Saturday farmers' market, but the sellers have to get up
before dawn and drive 100 miles each way to sell us carrots.

--

If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end with doubts,
but if he will be content to begin with doubts he shall end in certainties.

Re: all electric cars in europe

<2f83fcbb-38a2-4de3-b29a-635d67bfef56n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92969&group=sci.electronics.design#92969

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 11:06:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: edward.m...@gmail.com (Ed Lee)
 by: Ed Lee - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 18:06 UTC

On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 10:54:47 AM UTC-7, John Larkin wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 13:29:24 -0400, bitrex <us...@example.net> wrote:

> >> "Man"? I guess Uncle Joe has brought that expression back from ancient
> >> times.
> >
> >If "Uncle Joe" were really Uncle Joe I figure America would look much
> >different by this point & it doesn't look much different to me.
> >
> >> Gas prices are going to push a lot of people onto trains and busses
> >> and long walks to finish up trips. That's partly by design.
> >
> >I have learned that when a market figures it can bilk some extra bucks
> >and figures that people can afford to pay it and will pay it that's what
> >it tends to do.
> We talked about that in Economics 101. Economic forces determine
> supply and demand and prices. Everybody naturally charges what they
> can get. One of the few rational things that government does here is
> antitrust law.
> >Only a real Uncle Joe could set the price of gasoline by
> >fiat and I don't think this one is that.
> No, but his team is doing a lot to discourage gasoline and NG
> production. California too, with gas near $7 a gallon.
>
> The price of gas doesn't bother me (short commute, engineer's income)
> but I feel sorry for low-wage workers with long commutes, or people
> who need a pickup truck to make their living.
>
> We love the Saturday farmers' market, but the sellers have to get up
> before dawn and drive 100 miles each way to sell us carrots.

It's a scheme to push people into EV, especially low end EV. I have many people asking about my Leaf, mainly for a second short commune car.

Re: all electric cars in europe

<b79fefc6-e2de-4b78-9f8e-620a21ea3b5fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92972&group=sci.electronics.design#92972

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 12:26:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: edward.m...@gmail.com (Ed Lee)
 by: Ed Lee - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 19:26 UTC

On Monday, March 21, 2022 at 1:13:53 PM UTC-7, Rickster wrote:
> On Monday, March 21, 2022 at 1:34:37 PM UTC-4, Ed Lee wrote:
> > On Monday, March 21, 2022 at 7:20:41 AM UTC-7, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

> > > Is that situation hypothetical or real?
> > Real. Plugshare show the charger available, but no way to get to it without running the blockage.
> Plugshare is updated by users who wish to contribute, like reviews on Google maps.
>
> The Tesla data is a lot more accurate, as their chargers are connected to their system in real time.

I think that's true for CalTran network also. Plugshare is pulling data from the machines. So, it's correctly showing that the chargers are up and running. But ... And why didn't they shut down the machines in unaccessable rest area?

Kingsburg Rest stop (0/2)
South bound complete blockage, no access
Fresno Maintainence Stations (0/4)
All four stations power cables are gone
Frazer Rest Stop (1/4)
Two stations had communication problem.
One station lock in payment option
One station working
CA58/184 (0/2)
One station had communication problem
One station with missing ChaDeMo power cable
Many sites with only one working charger.

I am going to write to CalTran again . They were great at bring them up, but not keeping them up, only after a year or so.
They are not technical engineers.

Re: all electric cars in europe

<e2e98daf-bde3-4ffa-bb82-46dd3ca3c56dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92985&group=sci.electronics.design#92985

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 17:28:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rickster)
 by: Rickster - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 00:28 UTC

On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 11:45:39 AM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2022 15:22:34 -0400, bitrex <us...@example.net> wrote:
>
> >On 3/20/2022 11:01 AM, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

> >> Good point. Owning a car grants freedoms to the masses, and our wise
> >> leadership doesn't want that.
> >>
> >> When I was in the Moscow, all the cars had to pull over whan a fat cat
> >> Party member zoomed by in the left lane in his limo. I think the left
> >> lane was actually reserved for them.
> >>
> >> We underlings are slowing down the elites. We should be on trains or
> >> bicycles.
> >
> >Have you seen what the e.g. sleeper trains in Japan look like? And
> >unlike Amtrak they don't even cost an arm and a leg to ride on rattly
> >rails and get a complimentary Dunkin Donuts coffee for $389 one-way.
> >
> ><https://youtu.be/KG53Pr3pFg4>
> >
> >I would ride this to visit my buddy in Chicago every time if this class
> >of service were available in the US, what's so "freedom" about driving.
> Running out for another six-pack after you get there.
>
> It's funny to see rich greenies fly to climate conferences in their
> private jets, where their gigabuck yachts are waiting. They tend to
> build multiple mansions in the mountains and right on the beach in
> Malibu and Martha's Vineyard and Hawaii.
>
> And tell us to walk and wait for busses and eat lentils. And to grow
> natural non-GMO food without fertilizer.

It's funnier to watch someone post drivel in newsgroups while being completely phobic about having an actual conversation with someone who can challenge him and show him all his logical missteps. Yeah, hilarious. He tries to win arguments by totting out debating techniques used by 6 year olds, calling people funny names.

Well, it's funny when it isn't so bad as to be pathetic.

--

Rick C.

-+--+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
-+--+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: all electric cars in europe

<cf963058-9278-4a86-a83b-45d8a2cf789fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92986&group=sci.electronics.design#92986

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 17:35:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Rickster)
 by: Rickster - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 00:35 UTC

On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 3:26:58 PM UTC-4, Ed Lee wrote:
> On Monday, March 21, 2022 at 1:13:53 PM UTC-7, Rickster wrote:

> > > Real. Plugshare show the charger available, but no way to get to it without running the blockage.
> > Plugshare is updated by users who wish to contribute, like reviews on Google maps.
> >
> > The Tesla data is a lot more accurate, as their chargers are connected to their system in real time.
>
> I think that's true for CalTran network also. Plugshare is pulling data from the machines. So, it's correctly showing that the chargers are up and running. But ... And why didn't they shut down the machines in unaccessable rest area?

Because it Caltran. It's not like they understand anything about BEV charging or care about it.

> Kingsburg Rest stop (0/2)
> South bound complete blockage, no access
> Fresno Maintainence Stations (0/4)
> All four stations power cables are gone
> Frazer Rest Stop (1/4)
> Two stations had communication problem.
> One station lock in payment option
> One station working
> CA58/184 (0/2)
> One station had communication problem
> One station with missing ChaDeMo power cable
> Many sites with only one working charger.
>
> I am going to write to CalTran again . They were great at bring them up, but not keeping them up, only after a year or so.
> They are not technical engineers.

I think you and your Leaf are a good match.

--

Rick C.

-+-+- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
-+-+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: all electric cars in europe

<8d8cdde0-0a66-4a23-b89d-3f53129824c7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93008&group=sci.electronics.design#93008

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 05:26:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: edward.m...@gmail.com (Ed Lee)
 by: Ed Lee - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 12:26 UTC

On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 5:35:22 PM UTC-7, Rickster wrote:
> On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 3:26:58 PM UTC-4, Ed Lee wrote:

> > > Plugshare is updated by users who wish to contribute, like reviews on Google maps.
> > >
> > > The Tesla data is a lot more accurate, as their chargers are connected to their system in real time.
> >
> > I think that's true for CalTran network also. Plugshare is pulling data from the machines. So, it's correctly showing that the chargers are up and running. But ... And why didn't they shut down the machines in unaccessable rest area?
> Because it Caltran. It's not like they understand anything about BEV charging or care about it.
> > Kingsburg Rest stop (0/2)
> > South bound complete blockage, no access
> > Fresno Maintainence Stations (0/4)
> > All four stations power cables are gone
> > Frazer Rest Stop (1/4)
> > Two stations had communication problem.
> > One station lock in payment option
> > One station working
> > CA58/184 (0/2)
> > One station had communication problem
> > One station with missing ChaDeMo power cable
> > Many sites with only one working charger.
> >
> > I am going to write to CalTran again . They were great at bring them up, but not keeping them up, only after a year or so.
> > They are not technical engineers.
> I think you and your Leaf are a good match.

Thank you for your expressed concern and understanding. As you are well aware, EV charging is a mission critical logistic issue. Deplotment of transport readiness must be carefully planned. We believe that it is critical and essential to create a commission to address and to coordinate the important issues across multiple departments.

Major issues are: equipment uptime managements and planned inaccessiblities.. Furthermore, interconnectiblity of sites with limited resources.

But we are certainly doing better than the Russian military.

Re: all electric cars in europe

<88883fe8-ff72-452d-8dd2-1754bb547cacn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93557&group=sci.electronics.design#93557

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 21:37:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: marika5...@gmail.com (M Kfivethousand)
 by: M Kfivethousand - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 04:37 UTC

On Monday, March 21, 2022 at 2:06:33 PM UTC-5, John Larkin wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2022 13:32:03 -0700 (PDT), M Kfivethousand
> <marik...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, March 20, 2022 at 9:55:20 AM UTC-5, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

> >> Don't ignore animal rights! Nasty invasive humans killed off the
> >> native animal populations who owned the land, well, everywhere.
> >>
> >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_American_animals_extinct_in_the_Holocene
> >>
> >> and that's just North America.
> >>
> >> Some of the extinction may have been natural, but hunter-gatherers
> >> sure didn't help.
> >>
> >> Do "original inhabitants" own the land?
> >>
> >What about herderers
> >they have an impact too I bet
> >
> >I myself prefer a nice bit of cheese
> The US used to be a cheese desert, but things are better now. Sartori
> makes great parmesan. Cowgirl Creamery makes fun stuff. Tillamook
> cheddars are good.

\I am unfortunately limited to Aldis products, which their business model results in their limiting selections to their own brand

I will Will try some of your suggestions but will order by mail

Re: all electric cars in europe

<t2a1o8$6dq$5@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93668&group=sci.electronics.design#93668

From: prese...@MUNGEpanix.com (Cydrome Leader)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2022 17:39:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Cydrome Leader - Sat, 2 Apr 2022 17:39 UTC

jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Mar 2022 16:25:55 GMT, Jan Panteltje
> <pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On a sunny day (Fri, 18 Mar 2022 09:03:33 -0700) it happened
>>jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in
>><q2b93hdrktcvjl33sid25tbbboff7s2cho@4ax.com>:
>>

>>>https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/03/18/great-reset-germany-wants-eu-ban-on-sale-of-petrol-and-diesel-cars-by-2035/
>>>

>>>I wonder where the electricity will come from. Large-scale generating
>>>and distribution systems take a long time to build. And need fuel.
>>
>>Northstream2 will work by that time ?
>
> Germany is already energy poor, mostly by choice. And hostage to
> Russia.
>

>>was watching Russian TV and I did see / feel a sense of unity there that I do not - and have
>>not seen in the US in ages.
>

> Well, Russian TV tolerates no dissent.
>
> One cool thing about the US is its lack of unity. People are
> inherently different, so sporting-level diversity works.
>

>>Think US is all over, just last bits of noise from a dying empire.
>>

> The US was never an empire like England and Spain and China and Japan.
> All the states chose to be states. We didn't have much of a colonial
> empire, and don't hold any territory by force.
>
> What swept the world, and continues, is US science and culture and
> SUVs and food. Check google Street View all over the world. Everything
> looks like Dallas.

Lol, everything looks like dallas.
> It's unfortunate that, at the end of WW2, Russia forced the US to be
> the defender of europe, the world's unwilling policeman.
>
> But more to the point, we have gobs of gas and oil, and politicians
> will drill before being voted out.

The US is a far more peaceful place than continental europe. Isn't there
something like zero recorded years of no wars going on over there? Those
fuckers just can't get along at all, for any reason, for any period of
time.

The last war on US soil was 1865.

Re: all electric cars in europe

<36bc6226-d0f5-4f1c-a57d-5c62c98a62abn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93687&group=sci.electronics.design#93687

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2022 16:40:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Sat, 2 Apr 2022 23:40 UTC

On Saturday, April 2, 2022 at 1:39:26 PM UTC-4, Cydrome Leader wrote:
> jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> > On Fri, 18 Mar 2022 16:25:55 GMT, Jan Panteltje
> > <pNaonSt...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >>On a sunny day (Fri, 18 Mar 2022 09:03:33 -0700) it happened
> >>jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in

> >>Northstream2 will work by that time ?
> >
> > Germany is already energy poor, mostly by choice. And hostage to
> > Russia.
> >

> >>was watching Russian TV and I did see / feel a sense of unity there that I do not - and have
> >>not seen in the US in ages.
> >

> > Well, Russian TV tolerates no dissent.
> >
> > One cool thing about the US is its lack of unity. People are
> > inherently different, so sporting-level diversity works.
> >

> >>Think US is all over, just last bits of noise from a dying empire.
> >>

> > The US was never an empire like England and Spain and China and Japan.
> > All the states chose to be states. We didn't have much of a colonial
> > empire, and don't hold any territory by force.
> >
> > What swept the world, and continues, is US science and culture and
> > SUVs and food. Check google Street View all over the world. Everything
> > looks like Dallas.
>
> Lol, everything looks like dallas.
>
> > It's unfortunate that, at the end of WW2, Russia forced the US to be
> > the defender of europe, the world's unwilling policeman.
> >
> > But more to the point, we have gobs of gas and oil, and politicians
> > will drill before being voted out.
>
> The US is a far more peaceful place than continental europe. Isn't there
> something like zero recorded years of no wars going on over there? Those
> fuckers just can't get along at all, for any reason, for any period of
> time.
>
> The last war on US soil was 1865.

Yeah, if you don't count the war on blacks for the next hundred years.

Weren't we in a war in Hawaii in 1941? Oh, I guess technically we weren't at war until a few days later.

Then there were many, many war actions on US embassies which are considered US soil.

I suppose for the most part though, you are right that we have mostly been able to be aggressive enough to do the fighting elsewhere... other than against blacks.