"When anyone says `theoretically,' they really mean `not really.'" -- David Parnas

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: OT: Americans balk at Congress giving billions to Ukraine

SubjectAuthor
* Re: OT: Americans balk at Congress giving billions to UkraineTabby
+* Re: OT: Americans balk at Congress giving billions to Ukrainewhit3rd
|`* Re: OT: Americans balk at Congress giving billions to UkraineEd Lee
| `- Re: OT: Americans balk at Congress giving billions to UkraineDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
+- Re: OT: Americans balk at Congress giving billions to UkraineDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
`- Re: OT: Americans balk at Congress giving billions to UkraineDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

1
Re: OT: Americans balk at Congress giving billions to Ukraine

<a022db0f-c446-4441-99e5-c2160277be09n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93722&group=sci.electronics.design#93722

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 17:34:21 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OT: Americans balk at Congress giving billions to Ukraine
From: tabbyp...@gmail.com (Tabby)
 by: Tabby - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 00:34 UTC

On Thursday, 17 March 2022 at 15:08:29 UTC, John Doe wrote:
> https://youtu.be/xhFqNGh5jyY
>
> Seems to be a pattern. Some videos have, or at least HAD, LOTS of
> Ukrainian spam, not bots but not Americans either. In other videos,
> Americans are flatly rejecting sending billions to Ukraine, especially on

If you don't send em billions it'll end up costing you trillions. It's very much the war that'll stop or spawn WW3.

Re: OT: Americans balk at Congress giving billions to Ukraine

<5c6b5c63-3aa0-4186-b3ae-38484a1eef53n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93742&group=sci.electronics.design#93742

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 01:38:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: whit...@gmail.com (whit3rd)
 by: whit3rd - Mon, 4 Apr 2022 08:38 UTC

On Sunday, April 3, 2022 at 7:53:25 PM UTC-7, John Doe wrote:

> Ukraine's capital is 470 miles from Moscow. That's why Henry Kissinger and
> other Western diplomats have warned against NATO expanding to Russia's former
> territories. ...
> Self-defense is a basic right. NATO needs to back off.

Not true. NATO countries don't need to relocate themselves.

> Ukraine
> needs to stop flirting with NATO, declare itself NEUTRAL, and stop
> persecuting Russia's sympathetic people in Ukraine.

Ukraine is exercising the basic right of self-defense. The sympathetic
people of Mariupol are fewer, and less sympathetic, nowadays.

How can they be 'neutral' during an invasion of their own country?

Lithuania has the right idea. NATO membership for Ukraine, right after retaking Crimea.

As for '470 miles from Moscow', Russia can move its capital if that's an issue.
But, like Nazis, it isn't a real issue. It's just a verbal haze element.

Re: OT: Americans balk at Congress giving billions to Ukraine

<fcda6ff0-a322-41bb-90a6-42b89f3fce34n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93771&group=sci.electronics.design#93771

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 19:28:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: edward.m...@gmail.com (Ed Lee)
 by: Ed Lee - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 02:28 UTC

On Monday, April 4, 2022 at 6:39:48 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 5, 2022 at 8:42:05 AM UTC+10, John Doe wrote:
> > I don't know about "whit3rd's" country, but we Americans wouldn't even let
> > Russia put missiles in Cuba. If a Russian military organization were
> > expanding to our border countries like Mexico and Canada, we most
> > certainly would invade them and put a stop to it.
> You didn't invade Cuba. And Russia's actions in the Ukraine don't have anything to do with Russian national security. Putin's bleating about anxieties about the Ukraine joining NATO is merely a trumped up cover story.

Russia + Ukraine union was an unequal union. Good for Russia and not so good for Ukraine. Putin wants to get back the advantageous relationship. Nothing to do with NATO.

> > That's why the late Henry Kissinger and other diplomats have warned against NATO expansion to Russia's border countries.
> Quite awhile ago, and in a rather different context.
> > If zealous Russian hating adversaries continue to arm Ukraine, there will
> > be little left of Ukraine after Russia gets through with it.
> Dream on. Ukraine isn't getting arms from the rest of the world because the rest of the world hates Russia. The rest of the world likes the Ukraine rather more than they like Russia, and the Ukraine hasn't invaded any of it's neighbours, which generates sympathy.
> > Russia will tear up ALL of Ukraine's railroad tracks so Ukraine will not even be able to export its (formerly) massive wheat product.
> Why would they do that? They'd be just as enthusiastic about selling Ukraniain wheat to the rest of the world as they were when the Ukraine was part of the USSR. And ripping up railway tracks doesn't stop them from getting rebuilt.

Putin might want to get rid of people and properties in his way, but railway is something he wants to keep.

> > Imperialist warmongers act like they couldn't care less about anybody else and like they have no knowledge of geography or history.

Putin's (and John Doe's) history was very short, around 50 years of USSR. It was only successful in suppression of the slave states, until they wise-up.

> That seems to describe Putin pretty exactly. Did you have any other imperialist warmonger in mind?
> > The military-industrial complex has lots of hungry little warmonger babies to feed!
> The Ukraine isn't big enough to feed them well. The Soviet military-industrial complex isn't enjoying the current debacle - the weapons the Russian army used in it's attempted invasion of the Ukraine aren't coming across as irresistibly powerful. Too many are ending up as burnt out hulks.

Russia is using up the last of it's stockpiles in men and weapons. The only thing left is threat of nukes.

Re: OT: Americans balk at Congress giving billions to Ukraine

<t2iaf0$1ei2$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93837&group=sci.electronics.design#93837

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 20:57:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 20:57 UTC

Tabby <tabbypurr@gmail.com> wrote in

> On Thursday, 17 March 2022 at 15:08:29 UTC, John Doe wrote:
>> https://youtu.be/xhFqNGh5jyY
>>
>> Seems to be a pattern. Some videos have, or at least HAD, LOTS of
>> Ukrainian spam, not bots but not Americans either. In other
>> videos, Americans are flatly rejecting sending billions to
>> Ukraine, especially on
>
> If you don't send em billions it'll end up costing you trillions.
> It's very much the war that'll stop or spawn WW3.

Somebody gets it. And that somebody is NOT John Dope or any other
Trump tainted republitard.

Re: OT: Americans balk at Congress giving billions to Ukraine

<t2ibjp$1vbo$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93841&group=sci.electronics.design#93841

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 21:16:41 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 21:16 UTC

John Dope <always.look@message.header> wrote in
> Ukraine's capital is 470 miles from Moscow. That's why Henry
> Kissinger and other Western diplomats have warned against NATO
> expanding to Russia's former territories. We Americans wouldn't
> even let Russia put missiles in Cuba.

They were nukes, you stupid fuck. You logic rests firmly at NIL.

> If a Russian military
> organization were flirting with Mexico or Canada, we would be
> there. Self-defense is a basic right. NATO needs to back off.
> Ukraine needs to stop flirting with NATO, declare itself NEUTRAL,
> and stop persecuting Russia's sympathetic people in Ukraine.

NATO, nor Ukraine is putting, much less pointing missiles in place
aimed at Russia.

The Cuban missile crisis was Russia placing nuclear tipped missile
batteries in Cuba. BIG DIFFERENCE.

NATO fits their member nations with DEFENSES, not OFFENSES. They
put "self defense" mechanisms in place. They did not place ANY
missile batteries in place and certainly ZERO that were nuclear
tipped.

Russia placed thousands of OFFENSIVE troops and invaded a sovereign
nation, you stupid putz. They have hundreds of operational missile
silos and many many nations are targetted by them. More proof of just
how stupid you really are.

Ukraine is not "persecuting" anyone, you stupid fuck.

You could not be more stupid if you tried. The CMC compared to
this is 100% apples and oranges. I'll bet China has missiles pointed
Russia's way, and I;ll bet they are nukes too. Do you see Russia
barking at China or invading it? They are way too pussified for that.

Essentially, you could not be more fucking stupid if you tried.

Re: OT: Americans balk at Congress giving billions to Ukraine

<t2ik3d$pu7$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93868&group=sci.electronics.design#93868

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 23:41:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 23:41 UTC

Ed Lee <edward.ming.lee@gmail.com> wrote in

> Russia is using up the last of it's stockpiles in men and weapons.
> The only thing left is threat of nukes.

Damn, you actually got one right. It will not help, however.
Putin is still toast, and you are still stupid.