Counting in octal is just like counting in decimal--if you don't use your thumbs. -- Tom Lehrer

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: OT: Sanctions

SubjectAuthor
* Re: OT: Sanctionswhit3rd
+* Re: OT: SanctionsCommander Kinsey
|+- Re: OT: SanctionsDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
|`- Re: OT: SanctionsCommander Kinsey
+* Re: OT: Sanctionsjlarkin
|+* Re: OT: SanctionsCommander Kinsey
||`- Re: OT: SanctionsDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
|+- Re: OT: SanctionsDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
|`* Re: OT: SanctionsTom Del Rosso
| `* Re: OT: SanctionsClifford Heath
|  `- Re: OT: SanctionsDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
+- Re: OT: SanctionsCommander Kinsey
`- Re: OT: SanctionsCommander Kinsey

1
Re: OT: Sanctions

<882eb6e8-3fb8-4001-b09c-6ff8501d94f3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93780&group=sci.electronics.design#93780

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 21:06:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OT: Sanctions
From: whit...@gmail.com (whit3rd)
 by: whit3rd - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 04:06 UTC

On Sunday, April 3, 2022 at 5:04:29 PM UTC-7, Commander Kinsey wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Apr 2022 08:56:14 +0100, Anthony William Sloman <bill....@ieee.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sunday, April 3, 2022 at 1:24:40 PM UTC+10, Commander Kinsey wrote:

> >> Bullshit. If the kids are clever, it's because they got the clever genes from their parents, which means their parents will be rich too.
> >
> > It doesn't work that way. You might read "Blueprint" by Robert Plombin to get some idea of how it does work.
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/Blueprint-How-DNA-Makes-Press/dp/0262039168
> I know how it works from experience and how genetics works. You pass on everything - intelligence, height, health, etc.

That's not knowledge, it's prejudice. Inheritance does NOT pass on all the phenotype of
parents to their offspring. Genetics wasn't your strong subject, I suspect.

Re: OT: Sanctions

<op.1j4wvefomvhs6z@ryzen.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93782&group=sci.electronics.design#93782

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 05:17:28 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 04:17 UTC

On Tue, 05 Apr 2022 05:06:12 +0100, whit3rd <whit3rd@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, April 3, 2022 at 5:04:29 PM UTC-7, Commander Kinsey wrote:

>> > It doesn't work that way. You might read "Blueprint" by Robert Plombin to get some idea of how it does work.
>> >
>> > https://www.amazon.com/Blueprint-How-DNA-Makes-Press/dp/0262039168
>> I know how it works from experience and how genetics works. You pass on everything - intelligence, height, health, etc.
>
> That's not knowledge, it's prejudice. Inheritance does NOT pass on all the phenotype of
> parents to their offspring. Genetics wasn't your strong subject, I suspect.

It passes on more than you think. It's even been shown you can pass on things you've created after you were born. For example an athlete who trains a lot passes on that extra ability to his kids.

Re: OT: Sanctions

<q4ko4h9a3n74qel3rlh7sfif37jd17j70s@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93799&group=sci.electronics.design#93799

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 07:25:03 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 14:25 UTC

On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 21:06:12 -0700 (PDT), whit3rd <whit3rd@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sunday, April 3, 2022 at 5:04:29 PM UTC-7, Commander Kinsey wrote:

>> > It doesn't work that way. You might read "Blueprint" by Robert Plombin to get some idea of how it does work.
>> >
>> > https://www.amazon.com/Blueprint-How-DNA-Makes-Press/dp/0262039168
>> I know how it works from experience and how genetics works. You pass on everything - intelligence, height, health, etc.
>
>That's not knowledge, it's prejudice. Inheritance does NOT pass on all the phenotype of
>parents to their offspring. Genetics wasn't your strong subject, I suspect.

When a boy and a girl make a baby, lots of very complex genes get
shuffled and redealt. That's why siblings are different.

--

I yam what I yam - Popeye

Re: OT: Sanctions

<op.1j6aq2dgmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93856&group=sci.electronics.design#93856

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 23:14:52 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 22:14 UTC

On Tue, 05 Apr 2022 16:05:56 +0100, Anthony William Sloman <bill.sloman@ieee.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday, April 6, 2022 at 12:25:14 AM UTC+10, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
>> On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 21:06:12 -0700 (PDT), whit3rd <whi...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> >That's not knowledge, it's prejudice. Inheritance does NOT pass on all the phenotype of
>> >parents to their offspring. Genetics wasn't your strong subject, I suspect.
>>
>> When a boy and a girl make a baby, lots of very complex genes get shuffled and redealt. That's why siblings are different.
>
> Genetics doesn't seem to have been John Larkin's strong subject either.
>
> There's no shuffling and redealing at conception.
>
> There does seem to be crossing-over when diploid cells generate haploid gametes.
>
> https://www.genome.gov/genetics-glossary/Crossing-Over
>
> The two DNA strings in each of your chromosomes come from your father and your mother (though the Y-chromosome is an exception).
>
> When the two strings are separated to make pairs of haploid gametes, the strings get broken a couple times for each chromosome, so each haploid gamete has contributions from both parents (the grandparents of the child that is conceived when the two gametes unite to create a new individual).
>
> That might be seen as shuffling and redealing, but it happens separately in both parents quite while before conception.
>
> At conception the two haploid gametes combine to make a new diploid cell which develops into a new individual.

Give it a rest.

Re: OT: Sanctions

<t2j9a9$p5m$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93894&group=sci.electronics.design#93894

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 05:43:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 05:43 UTC

"Commander Kinsey" <CK1@nospam.com> wrote in

> It passes on more than you think. It's even been shown you can
> pass on things you've created after you were born. For example an
> athlete who trains a lot passes on that extra ability to his kids.

You are so stupid. Most certainly passed on to you by your also
stupid pathetic parents. After all your mother did fail to flush you
the moment she shat you.

Re: OT: Sanctions

<op.1j6w6s01mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93899&group=sci.electronics.design#93899

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 07:19:30 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 06:19 UTC

On Tue, 05 Apr 2022 06:11:29 +0100, Anthony William Sloman <bill.sloman@ieee.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday, April 5, 2022 at 2:17:35 PM UTC+10, Commander Kinsey wrote:

>> > That's not knowledge, it's prejudice. Inheritance does NOT pass on all the phenotype of parents to their offspring. Genetics wasn't your strong subject, I suspect.
>>
>> It passes on more than you think. It's even been shown you can pass on things you've created after you were born. For example an athlete who trains a lot passes on that extra ability to his kids.
>
> That's epigenetics. It doesn't get passed on to the grand-kids. Intellectual effort may change methylation levels in particular genes in the brain - not that I've ever seen any evidence suggesting that it might - but the brain is lot further from the gonads than the leg and hip muscles.
>
> If you could think you might be aware of this.

If you could think you would realise the physical distance from the gonads is irrelevant.

Re: OT: Sanctions

<op.1j6xdhermvhs6z@ryzen.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93901&group=sci.electronics.design#93901

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 07:23:31 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 06:23 UTC

On Tue, 05 Apr 2022 15:18:29 +0100, Anthony William Sloman <bill.sloman@ieee.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday, April 5, 2022 at 10:12:24 PM UTC+10, John Doe wrote:
>> whit3rd <whi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > That's not knowledge, it's prejudice.
>>
>> Says an ignorant cannibal leftist.
>
> John Doe is an ignorant rightist

Right wing = common sense and freedom. Left wing = thievery. I have no interest in speaking to you any more.

[NO CARRIER]

Re: OT: Sanctions

<op.1j6xe0psmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93902&group=sci.electronics.design#93902

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 07:24:26 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Wed, 6 Apr 2022 06:24 UTC

On Tue, 05 Apr 2022 13:12:17 +0100, John Doe <always.look@message.header> wrote:

> whit3rd <whit3rd@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Commander Kinsey wrote:
>
>>> I know how it works from experience and how genetics works. You pass on
>>> everything - intelligence, height, health, etc.
>>
>> That's not knowledge, it's prejudice.
>
> Says an ignorant cannibal leftist.
>
> We certainly do not inherit wisdom, clearly shown by the difference
> between George Bush Senior and George Bush Junior.

So this John Doe posts at the bottom? How many of you are there?

Re: OT: Sanctions

<t2lao3$hlb$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=94007&group=sci.electronics.design#94007

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 00:20:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Thu, 7 Apr 2022 00:20 UTC

jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in

> On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 21:06:12 -0700 (PDT), whit3rd
> <whit3rd@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sunday, April 3, 2022 at 5:04:29 PM UTC-7, Commander Kinsey
>>wrote:

>>> I know how it works from experience and how genetics works. You
>>> pass on everything - intelligence, height, health, etc.
>>
>>That's not knowledge, it's prejudice. Inheritance does NOT pass
>>on all the phenotype of parents to their offspring. Genetics
>>wasn't your strong subject, I suspect.
>
> When a boy and a girl make a baby, lots of very complex genes get
> shuffled and redealt. That's why siblings are different.

So lame that you did not respond to Kinsey's stupid claim of what
gets passed on, yet felt some need to mention the basics everyone
knows.

Re: OT: Sanctions

<t2lbbd$qms$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=94010&group=sci.electronics.design#94010

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 00:30:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Thu, 7 Apr 2022 00:30 UTC

> Give it a rest.

Another retarded twerp unable to handle the truth.

Re: OT: Sanctions

<t2vkkn$il3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=94328&group=sci.electronics.design#94328

From: fizzbint...@that-google-mail-domain.com (Tom Del Rosso)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 18:10:31 -0400
 by: Tom Del Rosso - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 22:10 UTC

jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 21:06:12 -0700 (PDT), whit3rd <whit3rd@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, April 3, 2022 at 5:04:29 PM UTC-7, Commander Kinsey wrote:

>>> I know how it works from experience and how genetics works. You
>>> pass on everything - intelligence, height, health, etc.
>>
>> That's not knowledge, it's prejudice. Inheritance does NOT pass on
>> all the phenotype of parents to their offspring. Genetics wasn't
>> your strong subject, I suspect.
>
> When a boy and a girl make a baby, lots of very complex genes get
> shuffled and redealt. That's why siblings are different.

If a father and mother could have 2^46 + 1 children, would at least 2 be
identical?

On the topic of sanctions and war policy, this is an interview everyone
should watch. Better strategic analysis than anyone else has offered, by
far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBARgW_vHVE

And Ward Carroll, former F14 pilot, is a better interviewer than anyone
on TV.

--
Defund the Thought Police

Re: OT: Sanctions

<16e4b31ac6850f96$1$928382$eadde062@news.thecubenet.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=94336&group=sci.electronics.design#94336

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: no.s...@please.net (Clifford Heath)
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 11:24:48 +1000
 by: Clifford Heath - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 01:24 UTC

On 11/4/22 8:10 am, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
> jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
>> On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 21:06:12 -0700 (PDT), whit3rd <whit3rd@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> That's not knowledge, it's prejudice. Inheritance does NOT pass on
>>> all the phenotype of parents to their offspring. Genetics wasn't
>>> your strong subject, I suspect.
>>
>> When a boy and a girl make a baby, lots of very complex genes get
>> shuffled and redealt. That's why siblings are different.
>
> If a father and mother could have 2^46 + 1 children, would at least 2 be
> identical?

No, because in the untangling and copying process, chromosome halves can
cross over and the broken halves can switch places. So you don't get an
entire half of each from each parent. Sometimes the broken lengths are
mis-matched, and you get missing or extra genes from the other half.

This is how we knew where along the chromosomes each of the individual
genes of Drosophila lie (the ones that produce recognisable phenotypes
anyhow) - because when part of a chromosome crosses over, all the genes
towards its end go with it. The collection of phenotypes that are
mis-matched can be used to detect how many genes crossed over, and the
correlations and frequencies with which that affects each phenotype used
to determine with genes are more towards the end and which toward the
middle of the c. An amazing amount of work went into this, as you can
imagine - all done before gene sequencing was possible. Manual
observation and counting of many millions individual fruit-flies bred in
controlled experiments.

CH

Re: OT: Sanctions

<t30bd9$q0g$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=94339&group=sci.electronics.design#94339

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 04:39:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 04:39 UTC

Clifford Heath <no.spam@please.net> wrote in

> On 11/4/22 8:10 am, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
>> jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

>>> When a boy and a girl make a baby, lots of very complex genes
>>> get shuffled and redealt. That's why siblings are different.
>>
>> If a father and mother could have 2^46 + 1 children, would at
>> least 2 be identical?
>
> No, because in the untangling and copying process, chromosome
> halves can cross over and the broken halves can switch places. So
> you don't get an entire half of each from each parent. Sometimes
> the broken lengths are mis-matched, and you get missing or extra
> genes from the other half.
>
> This is how we knew where along the chromosomes each of the
> individual genes of Drosophila lie (the ones that produce
> recognisable phenotypes anyhow) - because when part of a
> chromosome crosses over, all the genes towards its end go with it.
> The collection of phenotypes that are mis-matched can be used to
> detect how many genes crossed over, and the correlations and
> frequencies with which that affects each phenotype used to
> determine with genes are more towards the end and which toward the
> middle of the c. An amazing amount of work went into this, as you
> can imagine - all done before gene sequencing was possible. Manual
> observation and counting of many millions individual fruit-flies
> bred in controlled experiments.
>
> CH

Nobody knows what it's like, to be the sad man, behind blue eyes.