* gb notes that fdisk thinks his cdrom can store one terabyte -- Seen on #Linux

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: G. Weinstein hinted, in 2012, that Einstein was plagiarizing Poincaré and Lorentz.

SubjectAuthor
* G. Weinstein hinted, in 2012, that Einstein was plagRichard Hertz
`* Re: G. Weinstein hinted, in 2012, that Einstein waspatdolan
 `* Re: G. Weinstein hinted, in 2012, that Einstein waspatdolan
  `- Re: G. Weinstein hinted, in 2012, that Einstein wasRichard Hertz

1
G. Weinstein hinted, in 2012, that Einstein was plagiarizing Poincaré and Lorentz.

<72ec6c8a-6eed-4586-9a74-6d06fd99d958n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93843&group=sci.physics.relativity#93843

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 17:32:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: G._Weinstein_hinted,_in_2012,_that_Einstein_was_plag
iarizing_Poincaré_and_Lorentz.
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Sun, 31 Jul 2022 00:32 UTC

Galina Weinstein is a fanatic historian of relativity and Einstein, and is an
ardent defender of every single aspect of life and doings of Albert Einstein.

But, when writing thousands of pages about the above topics, Freudian slips
happen, in particular defending HOW Einstein "developed" his relativity.

Poincaré's Dynamics of the Electron - A Theory of Relativity?
https://arxiv.org/abs/1204.6576
Galina Weinstein
Before 1905, Poincaré stressed the importance of the method of clocks and their synchronization, but unlike Einstein, magnet and conductor or chasing a light beam and overtaking it, were not a matter of great concern for him.

In 1905 Poincaré elaborated Lorentz's electron theory from 1904 in two papers entitled "Sur la dynamique de l'electron". In May 1905 he sent three letters to Lorentz at the same time that Albert Einstein wrote his famous May 1905 letter to Conrad Habicht: "I can promise you in return four works,[...] The fourth paper is only a rough draft at this point, and is an electrodynamics of moving bodies".

In the May 1905 letters to Lorentz Poincaré presented the basic equations of his 1905 Dynamics of the Electron. Hence, in May 1905, Poincaré and Einstein both had drafts of papers pertaining to the principle of relativity.

Poincaré's draft led to a space-time mathematical theory of groups at the basis of which stood the postulate of relativity, and Einstein's draft led to a kinematical theory of relativity. Poincaré did not renounce the ether. He wrote a new law of addition of velocities, but he did not abandon the tacit assumptions made about the nature of time, simultaneity, and space measurements implicit in Newtonian kinematics.

Although he questioned absolute time and absolute simultaneity, he did not make new kinematical tacit assumptions about space and time. He also did not require reciprocity of the appearances, and therefore did not discover relativity of simultaneity: these are the main hallmarks of Einstein's special theory of relativity. Nevertheless, as shown by other writers, Poincaré's theory had influenced later scientists especially Hermann Minkowski.

1) So Einstein wrote, in May 1905, to his former partner of Olympia Academy
that he PROMISED HIM FOUR PAPERS, one of them a "rough draft" about his
famous JUNE 1905 paper? And he completed that paper in few weeks?
Also, he was anticipating Poincaré and Hasenhorl E=mc2, in MAY 1905?
And WHY such alleged letter to Conrad Habicht, whom he hadn't seen for years? Weinstein is trying to COVER the dirty plagiarism over the works of
Poincaré, that refined Lorentz 1904 paper, giving the equations the modern
form.

2) Weinstein herself AFFIRM that, as soon Lorentz 1904 paper was published,
Poincaré got interested in making it better, and that he had been following
Lorentz's work for MORE THAN A DECADE. Proofs are in the continuous
exchange of letters between both in such period (1895-1905), and ALL THE
MAIN POINTS OF RELATIVITY being written in papers, books and lectures
by Poincaré since 1900.

- No absolute time or 3D positions, only relative ones.
- The acceptance of Lorentz' (Voigt) Local Time.
- The constancy of the speed of light, which Poincaré set to 1 (a mathematician).
- The synchronization of clocks using light beams, exactly as Einstein did.
- The deformation of the "spherical shaped electron" into longitudinal
and transversal shallow ellipsoid, with longitudinal and transversal forms.
- The EXACT relativistic law of addition of velocities.
- The RE-WRITING of Lorentz 1904 transforms in its MODERN FORM.
- The need to use ONE FRAME at relative rest to the other.
- The proof that l=1.
- The extension of relativity to SPACETIME, work that was completed by
Minkowski.
- Etc, etc, etc.

So, by the end of 1904 and early months of 1905, Poincaré WROTE to Lorentz
about the news that HE HAD NAMED the transforms as Lorentz Transforms
and that they FORMED A MATHEMATICAL GROUP.

Also, Poincaré lectured at Saint Louis (USA. 1904) about the new physics
that was under development, lectured to the National Academy of Sciences
(Paris, 1905) about Lorentz relativity and wrote two papers (France, Italy)
about his relativity, which is WHAT IS KNOWN TODAY.

Known as a mathematician, he didn't publish his papers on any journal of
physics. That's why his paper appeared on an Italian journal of mathematics..

In his letter previous to the final letter in May (which had no mathematics),
Poincaré sent to Lorentz the entire body of mathematical transforms,
illustrating Lorentz about its relevance as a group.

These are Lorentz 1904 transforms:

k² = c²/(c² - ω²)

x' = klx ; y' = ly ; z' = lz
t' = l/k t - kl ω/c² x

These are Lorentz 1905 transforms, as Poincaré wrote to Lorentz, as per
"Poincaré Archives Nancy; Letter Number 38.4":

"Let ε be the velocity of translation, so that of light is taken to be unity.

k = (1 - ε²)^1/2

We get the transformation,

x' = kl (x + ε t) ; t' = kl (t + ε x)

y' = ly ; z' = lz

These transformations form a group".

Two things on this premature letter to Lorentz:

1) Poincaré got rid of the ether, by applying the mediating Galilean transform
between both frames. He didn't care about the ether as a physical medium.
2) He hadn't prove yet that l = 1, and his interest was to communicate to Lorentz
that he had NAMED these transforms after him, and communicated such
news to the french scientific community.

If point 2) seems strange to anyone reading this, Poincaré had done this
thing several times in the past, in the sphere of High Mathematics. The
most known event was several years before, when he settled a dispute
between two German mathematicians and a particular theory. Poincaré
named the theory after ONE of them, and NOBODY disputed such action
done by the great Poincaré. He was the top mathematician by that epoch,
Minkowski revered him and Hilbert hated his guts around 1905.

So, there you have FACTS that prove that SOMEBODY taught Einstein about
Lorentz's work, and MORE DISGUSTING, the same "SOMEBODY" or other
cretin SENT TO EINSTEIN COPIES OF POINCARÉ LETTERS.

I think that it was done on the side of Lorentz. He had EXCELLENT relations
with the Jewish community, and he had met Paul Ehrenfest in 1902, who he
selected as his successor as professor at the University of Leiden, when
Lorentz retired. Ehrenfest became a very close friend of Einstein until his
suicide in 1932.

Who provided Einstein with such vital information? Maybe Lorentz himself,
but the web of spies has existed in civilization for thousands of years.

CONCLUSION: Even Weinstein FAIL trying to protect the intellectual value
of Einstein. He was a conman, a smart theft and plagiarist, and had ambitions
but he had to pay a price for the many helps in his "career".

Re: G. Weinstein hinted, in 2012, that Einstein was plagiarizing Poincaré and Lorentz.

<0399b57a-8d47-43be-85aa-fd4cd1ed39dbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93845&group=sci.physics.relativity#93845

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 20:17:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_G._Weinstein_hinted,_in_2012,_that_Einstein_was_
plagiarizing_Poincaré_and_Lorentz.
From: patdo...@comcast.net (patdolan)
 by: patdolan - Sun, 31 Jul 2022 03:17 UTC

On Saturday, July 30, 2022 at 5:32:56 PM UTC-7, Richard Hertz wrote:
> [...]
> Lorentz's work, and MORE DISGUSTING, the same "SOMEBODY" or other
> cretin SENT TO EINSTEIN COPIES OF POINCARÉ LETTERS.
>
> I think that it was done on the side of Lorentz. He had EXCELLENT relations
> with the Jewish community, and he had met Paul Ehrenfest in 1902, who he
> selected as his successor as professor at the University of Leiden, when
> Lorentz retired. Ehrenfest became a very close friend of Einstein until his
> suicide in 1932.
>
> Who provided Einstein with such vital information? Maybe Lorentz himself,
> but the web of spies has existed in civilization for thousands of years.
>

> CONCLUSION: Even Weinstein FAIL trying to protect the intellectual value
> of Einstein. He was a conman, a smart theft and plagiarist, and had ambitions
> but he had to pay a price for the many helps in his "career".

Interesting detective work, Richard. Please dig into the Einstein family business when you find time--was it an electrical motor manufacturing business? Why wasn't Einstein content to be in business instead of chasing dreams of greatness in the Academy? It's not uncommon for professional soldiers to have a Napoleon complex. Could Einstein have possibly suffered from a Newton complex? Please report your findings.

Re: G. Weinstein hinted, in 2012, that Einstein was plagiarizing Poincaré and Lorentz.

<1895286a-3f0f-4bbd-be9c-11191722b663n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93847&group=sci.physics.relativity#93847

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 20:36:45 -0700 (PDT)
plagiarizing_Poincaré_and_Lorentz.
From: patdo...@comcast.net (patdolan)
 by: patdolan - Sun, 31 Jul 2022 03:36 UTC

On Saturday, July 30, 2022 at 8:17:53 PM UTC-7, patdolan wrote:
> [...]
> > suicide in 1932.
> >
> > Who provided Einstein with such vital information? Maybe Lorentz himself,
> > but the web of spies has existed in civilization for thousands of years..
> >

> > CONCLUSION: Even Weinstein FAIL trying to protect the intellectual value
> > of Einstein. He was a conman, a smart theft and plagiarist, and had ambitions
> > but he had to pay a price for the many helps in his "career".
> Interesting detective work, Richard. Please dig into the Einstein family business when you find time--was it an electrical motor manufacturing business? Why wasn't Einstein content to be in business instead of chasing dreams of greatness in the Academy? It's not uncommon for professional soldiers to have a Napoleon complex. Could Einstein have possibly suffered from a Newton complex? Please report your findings.

Interesting to learn the Ehrenfest and Einstein were chums, in light of the Ehrenfest paradox. Relativity and its culture require a darkening of the human spirit. Whilst tracing your Ehrenfest reference I found this on Wiki:
Final years[edit]
From the correspondence with his close friends, from May 1931, it appears that Ehrenfest suffered from severe depression. By August 1932, Einstein was so worried that he wrote to the Board of the University of Leiden, expressing deep concern and suggesting ways in which Ehrenfest's workload could be reduced.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: G. Weinstein hinted, in 2012, that Einstein was plagiarizing Poincaré and Lorentz.

<c9f7e218-9b14-47df-b4a5-9c81bed33b69n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=93848&group=sci.physics.relativity#93848

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 22:26:56 -0700 (PDT)
plagiarizing_Poincaré_and_Lorentz.
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Sun, 31 Jul 2022 05:26 UTC