From: inva...@invalid.invalid (Primum Sapienti)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Subject: Re: Whales and Hippos Evolved Water-Ready Skin Independently
Date: Sat, 8 May 2021 23:21:36 -0600
 by: Primum Sapienti - Sun, 9 May 2021 05:21 UTC

littor...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> Nonsense.
>>> Only complete idiots believe a mammal that needs a lot of water is adapted to living in savanna.
>
>> Feel free to publish your own study. Waving your hands is not publishable.
>
> Is Nature "publishable" enough IYO??
>
> Nature 325:305-6: “We have a water- and sodium-wasting cooling system of abundant sweat glands, totally unfit for a dry environment. Our maximal urine concentration is much too low for a savanna-dwelling mammal. We need much more water than other primates, and have to drink more often than savanna inhabitants, yet we cannot drink large quantities at a time”.
>
> Is Hum.Evol. "publishable" enough?
>
> Hum.Evol.28:237-266: "The nowadays popular ideas about Pleistocene human ancestors running in open plains (‘endurance running’, ‘dogged pursuit of swifter animals’, ‘born to run’, ‘le singe coureur’, ‘Savannahstan’) are among the worst scientific hypotheses ever proposed. The susprising frequency and diversity of foot problems (e.g., hammertoes, hallux valgus and bunions, ingrown nails, heelspurs, athlete’s feet, corns and calluses—some of these due to wearing shoes) and the need to protect our feet with shoes prove that human feet are not made in the first place for running. Moreover, humans are physiologically ill-adapted to dry open milieus."

And yet, our sweating system is not for humid environments :-DDDDDDDDDD

Re: Whales and Hippos Evolved Water-Ready Skin Independently

<7283f050-4d62-4368-8a8d-94225c9dddd1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9394&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#9394

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sun, 9 May 2021 09:35:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Sun, 9 May 2021 16:35 UTC

On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 1:21:33 AM UTC-4, Primum Sapienti wrote:
> littor...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> Feel free to publish your own study. Waving your hands is not publishable.
> >
> > Is Nature "publishable" enough IYO??
> >
> > Nature 325:305-6: “We have a water- and sodium-wasting cooling system of abundant sweat glands, totally unfit for a dry environment. Our maximal urine concentration is much too low for a savanna-dwelling mammal. We need much more water than other primates, and have to drink more often than savanna inhabitants, yet we cannot drink large quantities at a time”.
> >
> > Is Hum.Evol. "publishable" enough?
> >
> > Hum.Evol.28:237-266: "The nowadays popular ideas about Pleistocene human ancestors running in open plains (‘endurance running’, ‘dogged pursuit of swifter animals’, ‘born to run’, ‘le singe coureur’, ‘Savannahstan’) are among the worst scientific hypotheses ever proposed. The susprising frequency and diversity of foot problems (e.g., hammertoes, hallux valgus and bunions, ingrown nails, heelspurs, athlete’s feet, corns and calluses—some of these due to wearing shoes) and the need to protect our feet with shoes prove that human feet are not made in the first place for running. Moreover, humans are physiologically ill-adapted to dry open milieus."
> >
> And yet, our sweating system is not for humid environments :-DDDDDDDDDD

Human eccrine sweat evolved in terrestrial forest microclimate where water was mostly plentiful, air was always warm and mostly shaded ground was relatively cool & damp, and wind was always weak, the same place where insects, bats & birds evolved powered flight.