From: joegw...@comcast.net (Joe Gwinn)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: For complete diversity of opinion, well off the Western scale
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 15:49:17 -0400
 by: Joe Gwinn - Thu, 7 Apr 2022 19:49 UTC

I came upon the following item on a website devoted to metalworking,
in a thread that degenerated into squabbling about Ukraine and
Imperialists and so on.

I have no idea who Mariia Kravchenko is, or if her translation from
Russian is accurate. She provides a link to the original Russian
article, so the Russian speakers on SED can verify the translation.

Anyway, she claims this to be the position of the Russian Government,
the Kremlin. Again, I have no idea if this is true or not.

"What should Russia do with Ukraine?" [Translation of a propaganda
article by a Russian publication]

..<https://medium.com/@kravchenko_mm/what-should-russia-do-with-ukraine-translation-of-a-propaganda-article-by-a-russian-journalist-a3e92e3cb64>

Joe Gwinn

Re: For complete diversity of opinion, well off the Western scale

<t2nii1$b4d$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=94115&group=sci.electronics.design#94115

From: dp...@tgi-sci.com (Dimiter_Popoff)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 23:45:52 +0300
 by: Dimiter_Popoff - Thu, 7 Apr 2022 20:45 UTC

On 4/7/2022 22:49, Joe Gwinn wrote:
> I came upon the following item on a website devoted to metalworking,
> in a thread that degenerated into squabbling about Ukraine and
> Imperialists and so on.
>
> I have no idea who Mariia Kravchenko is, or if her translation from
> Russian is accurate. She provides a link to the original Russian
> article, so the Russian speakers on SED can verify the translation.
>
> Anyway, she claims this to be the position of the Russian Government,
> the Kremlin. Again, I have no idea if this is true or not.
>
> "What should Russia do with Ukraine?" [Translation of a propaganda
> article by a Russian publication]
>
> .<https://medium.com/@kravchenko_mm/what-should-russia-do-with-ukraine-translation-of-a-propaganda-article-by-a-russian-journalist-a3e92e3cb64>
>

> Joe Gwinn

Way too long to read but the general points are consistent with
what they yell every day, basically repeating the mantra Putin
is telling over their TV. Complete nonsense of course, but a huge
part of the Russian population buys into it because this is the
only "news" they are exposed to.

There is no "Russian line", it is Putin's line. Russia is not
an oligarch state, the oligarchs are in fact KGB (or whatever)
agents assigned to property/wealth while they are all accountable
to the one in charge in the Kremlin, Putin.
It is pretty much Sauron and his orks, this is more real than
people would think.

Re: For complete diversity of opinion, well off the Western scale

<nm0v4h15ls67mfmuoalvmde3lq2qkigqs9@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=94128&group=sci.electronics.design#94128

From: joegw...@comcast.net (Joe Gwinn)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 20:44:46 -0400
 by: Joe Gwinn - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 00:44 UTC

On Thu, 7 Apr 2022 23:45:52 +0300, Dimiter_Popoff <dp@tgi-sci.com>
wrote:

>On 4/7/2022 22:49, Joe Gwinn wrote:
>> I came upon the following item on a website devoted to metalworking,
>> in a thread that degenerated into squabbling about Ukraine and
>> Imperialists and so on.
>>
>> I have no idea who Mariia Kravchenko is, or if her translation from
>> Russian is accurate. She provides a link to the original Russian
>> article, so the Russian speakers on SED can verify the translation.
>>
>> Anyway, she claims this to be the position of the Russian Government,
>> the Kremlin. Again, I have no idea if this is true or not.
>>
>> "What should Russia do with Ukraine?" [Translation of a propaganda
>> article by a Russian publication]
>>
>> .<https://medium.com/@kravchenko_mm/what-should-russia-do-with-ukraine-translation-of-a-propaganda-article-by-a-russian-journalist-a3e92e3cb64>
>>

>> Joe Gwinn
>
>Way too long to read but the general points are consistent with
>what they yell every day, basically repeating the mantra Putin
>is telling over their TV. Complete nonsense of course, but a huge
>part of the Russian population buys into it because this is the
>only "news" they are exposed to.

Well, I did skim it, but didn't study it. I gather that it is
generally accurate than?

I wonder what will happen when the mothers of Mother Russia notice
that a lot of their soldier sons never came back. Not to mention the
ones who did come back, with stories to tell. Which will spread to
other mothers.

Nor is the Iron Curtain so impervious as it once was. Back in the
day, I read the entirety of "The Gulag Archipelago" by Solzhenitsyn.
He said that Westerners had no idea of the power of little leaks in
the curtain, such as from Radio Free Europe and Voice of America, and
the BBC for that matter. I'd venture that this is still true.

..<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandr_Solzhenitsyn>

>There is no "Russian line", it is Putin's line. Russia is not
>an oligarch state, the oligarchs are in fact KGB (or whatever)
>agents assigned to property/wealth while they are all accountable
>to the one in charge in the Kremlin, Putin.
>It is pretty much Sauron and his orks, this is more real than
>people would think.

Oh yeah. I was being diplomatic.

Joe Gwinn

Re: For complete diversity of opinion, well off the Western scale

<16e3c90925891868$1$947819$68dd626a@news.thecubenet.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=94133&group=sci.electronics.design#94133

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: no.s...@please.net (Clifford Heath)
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 11:55:27 +1000
 by: Clifford Heath - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 01:55 UTC

On 8/4/22 10:44 am, Joe Gwinn wrote:
> I wonder what will happen when the mothers of Mother Russia notice
> that a lot of their soldier sons never came back.

A lot of them have been told their sons died in "road accidents".
Careless drivers, steering into the path of Javelins and Stugna's, and
into the airspace of Bayraktars.

> Not to mention the
> ones who did come back, with stories to tell. Which will spread to
> other mothers.

Well yes, but if he brings back a washing machine, perhaps they won't so
proudly tell the tale?

> Nor is the Iron Curtain so impervious as it once was. Back in the
> day, I read the entirety of "The Gulag Archipelago" by Solzhenitsyn.

Excellent and astonishing work. He rewrote it several times from memory,
as the jailers kept finding his secret drafts. He must have had an
incredible memory.

CH.

Re: For complete diversity of opinion, well off the Western scale

<t2o64r$prs$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=94136&group=sci.electronics.design#94136

From: dp...@tgi-sci.com (Dimiter_Popoff)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 05:20:10 +0300
 by: Dimiter_Popoff - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 02:20 UTC

On 4/8/2022 3:44, Joe Gwinn wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Apr 2022 23:45:52 +0300, Dimiter_Popoff <dp@tgi-sci.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 4/7/2022 22:49, Joe Gwinn wrote:
>>> I came upon the following item on a website devoted to metalworking,
>>> in a thread that degenerated into squabbling about Ukraine and
>>> Imperialists and so on.
>>>
>>> I have no idea who Mariia Kravchenko is, or if her translation from
>>> Russian is accurate. She provides a link to the original Russian
>>> article, so the Russian speakers on SED can verify the translation.
>>>
>>> Anyway, she claims this to be the position of the Russian Government,
>>> the Kremlin. Again, I have no idea if this is true or not.
>>>
>>> "What should Russia do with Ukraine?" [Translation of a propaganda
>>> article by a Russian publication]
>>>
>>> .<https://medium.com/@kravchenko_mm/what-should-russia-do-with-ukraine-translation-of-a-propaganda-article-by-a-russian-journalist-a3e92e3cb64>
>>>

>>> Joe Gwinn
>>
>> Way too long to read but the general points are consistent with
>> what they yell every day, basically repeating the mantra Putin
>> is telling over their TV. Complete nonsense of course, but a huge
>> part of the Russian population buys into it because this is the
>> only "news" they are exposed to.
>
> Well, I did skim it, but didn't study it. I gather that it is
> generally accurate than?
>
> I wonder what will happen when the mothers of Mother Russia notice
> that a lot of their soldier sons never came back. Not to mention the
> ones who did come back, with stories to tell. Which will spread to
> other mothers.

Nothing of any real significance. They will grieve and comply.
Nothing they can do about it.
The mentality is quite different there. Some of it has spread here
(Bulgaria) during the soviet time so I know it all too well (was
feeling a foreigner since I was a kid in the country I was born and
raised in because of it). To try to explain it by example, in their
army their officers carry only a pistol in combat. Why? Because their
job is to stay behind the back of the truly armed marines and if
someone of the latter decides to turn back to kill him.

> Nor is the Iron Curtain so impervious as it once was. Back in the
> day, I read the entirety of "The Gulag Archipelago" by Solzhenitsyn.
> He said that Westerners had no idea of the power of little leaks in
> the curtain, such as from Radio Free Europe and Voice of America, and
> the BBC for that matter. I'd venture that this is still true.

Not quite. Nobody uses shortwave radio nowadays - which they jammed
back in the day, had huge installations, but managed to cover only
the major cities with these. Nowadays they have to wrestle the Internet
only and they make impact through the troll farms.
These flood *everything* repeating what Putin has said, they flood
not just via facebook and twitter but also in the comment sections of
news sites, forums etc. And they do it in the language the population
speaks, so only those whose English is good enough - not many - have
access to real information. They are quite aggressive in Bulgarian
language, too - meaning they have ambitions beyond Ukraine.
And this is cheap to do - just a few people on shifts doing it
24/7 can really flood a lot for a modest salary.

Re: For complete diversity of opinion, well off the Western scale

<c089e137-2544-4629-9fe7-30ff9b1fe0f2n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=94154&group=sci.electronics.design#94154

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 04:38:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: edward.m...@gmail.com (Ed Lee)
 by: Ed Lee - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 11:38 UTC

On Thursday, April 7, 2022 at 5:44:58 PM UTC-7, Joe Gwinn wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Apr 2022 23:45:52 +0300, Dimiter_Popoff <d...@tgi-sci.com>
> wrote:
> >On 4/7/2022 22:49, Joe Gwinn wrote:
> I wonder what will happen when the mothers of Mother Russia notice
> that a lot of their soldier sons never came back. Not to mention the
> ones who did come back, with stories to tell. Which will spread to
> other mothers.

They are still alive. They are trapped by the Nazi time machine from 1945. Send more troops to rescue them.

> Oh yeah. I was being diplomatic.

Oh, i am just being sarcastic.