From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Man Struck And Killed On His Bicycle In Tampa, Police Searching For Driver
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 16:47:51 -0400
 by: Catrike Rider - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 20:47 UTC

TAMPA, Fla. – The Tampa Police Department is investigating a fatal
hit-and-run crash involving a motor vehicle and a bicyclist near the
intersection of N. 19th St and E. 21st Ave.

Officers responded to the scene at 8:20 p.m. on Tuesday, locating a
57-year-old adult male bicyclist in the roadway unresponsive after
being struck by a motorist.

Tampa Fire Rescue performed lifesaving measures, and the victim was
transported to a local hospital but ultimately died from their
injuries.

In the news: Crisis Center Of Tampa Bay To Hold Non-Perishable Food
Drive On Oct 28th

Detectives responded to the scene and began reviewing potential
evidence leading to the identity of the driver of a dark-colored sedan
that fled the scene after striking the bicyclist.

https://www.tampafp.com/man-struck-and-killed-on-his-bicycle-in-tampa/#copy_link

Re: Man Struck And Killed On His Bicycle In Tampa, Police Searching For Driver

<uhc089$11b4j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=94291&group=rec.bicycles.tech#94291

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Man Struck And Killed On His Bicycle In Tampa, Police Searching
For Driver
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 16:10:32 -0500
 by: AMuzi - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 21:10 UTC

On 10/25/2023 3:47 PM, Catrike Rider wrote:

> TAMPA, Fla. – The Tampa Police Department is investigating a fatal
> hit-and-run crash involving a motor vehicle and a bicyclist near the
> intersection of N. 19th St and E. 21st Ave.
>
> Officers responded to the scene at 8:20 p.m. on Tuesday, locating a
> 57-year-old adult male bicyclist in the roadway unresponsive after
> being struck by a motorist.
>
> Tampa Fire Rescue performed lifesaving measures, and the victim was
> transported to a local hospital but ultimately died from their
> injuries.
>
> In the news: Crisis Center Of Tampa Bay To Hold Non-Perishable Food
> Drive On Oct 28th
>
> Detectives responded to the scene and began reviewing potential
> evidence leading to the identity of the driver of a dark-colored sedan
> that fled the scene after striking the bicyclist.
>
> https://www.tampafp.com/man-struck-and-killed-on-his-bicycle-in-tampa/#copy_link

It was a bad day and evening for cyclists across the nation.

A bum on a yellow cruiser was perhaps [under investigation]
purposefully run down from behind and dragged a mile to his
demise. A Chicago cyclist was fatally t-boned at an
intersection while another was hit from behind and dragged
to death.

Besides cyclists there were more than the usual horrific
stories last evening including a woman freed after four days
of torture in Akron from a repeat kidnapper.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/arrest-made-in-south-l-a-hit-and-run-that-killed-bicyclist/

https://www.audacy.com/wbbm780/news/local/cyclist-killed-in-melrose-park-idd-as-chicago-man-52

https://chi.streetsblog.org/2023/10/24/man-59-killed-by-allegedly-drunk-driver-was-3rd-cyclist-killed-on-damen-north-of-diversey-in-14-years

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/nation-world/police-rescue-chloe-jones-held-hostage-garage-several-days-akron-cincinnati-ohio-woman-william-mozingo-junior-arrested-plywood-platform-abuse-abusive-missing-four-days-broken-arm-fracture-bones-awareness-spread-abuser-arrest-kidnapping
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org