From: inva...@invalid.com (sergio)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Subject: Russia faces IT crisis with just two months of data storage left
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 16:59:01 -0500
 by: sergio - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 21:59 UTC

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/technology/russia-faces-it-crisis-with-just-two-months-of-data-storage-left/

Russia faces a critical IT storage crisis after Western cloud providers pulled out of the country, leaving Russia with only two more months before they
run out of data storage.

The Russian government is exploring various solutions to resolve this IT storage problem, ranging from leasing all available domestic data storage to
seizing IT resources left behind by businesses that pulled out of the country.

These solutions were proposed during a meeting held at the Ministry of Digital Transformation, attended by representatives of Sberbank, MTS, Oxygen,
Rostelecom, Atom-Data, Croc, and Yandex.

According to the Russian news outlet Kommersant, which claims to have sources confirming this proposal, the parties estimated they have roughly two
months left before running out of available storage space.

Due to imposed sanctions, all Russian firms were forced to turn to domestic cloud storage service providers after Western cloud storage services cut
business ties with the country.

For example, the locally-sourced storage capacity needs of Russian mobile carrier MegaFon increased fivefold, MTS tenfold, and VK had to seek 20% more
storage resources in just a week.

This has created an insurmountable practical problem as there are not enough data centers in Russia to accommodate the needs of local operators; hence,
a national solution for the Russian storage crisis is needed.

Re: Russia faces IT crisis with just two months of data storage left

<f2aaf158-57d4-4c92-8eac-41a873f9687bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=94530&group=sci.math#94530

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 06:14:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: mathi...@gmail.com (Mathin3D)
 by: Mathin3D - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 13:14 UTC

What does this have to do with mathematics? Are you running for office?

On Tuesday, March 22, 2022 at 5:59:13 PM UTC-4, sergio wrote:
> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/technology/russia-faces-it-crisis-with-just-two-months-of-data-storage-left/
>

> Russia faces a critical IT storage crisis after Western cloud providers pulled out of the country, leaving Russia with only two more months before they
> run out of data storage.
>
> The Russian government is exploring various solutions to resolve this IT storage problem, ranging from leasing all available domestic data storage to
> seizing IT resources left behind by businesses that pulled out of the country.
>
> These solutions were proposed during a meeting held at the Ministry of Digital Transformation, attended by representatives of Sberbank, MTS, Oxygen,
> Rostelecom, Atom-Data, Croc, and Yandex.
>
> According to the Russian news outlet Kommersant, which claims to have sources confirming this proposal, the parties estimated they have roughly two
> months left before running out of available storage space.
>
> Due to imposed sanctions, all Russian firms were forced to turn to domestic cloud storage service providers after Western cloud storage services cut
> business ties with the country.
>
> For example, the locally-sourced storage capacity needs of Russian mobile carrier MegaFon increased fivefold, MTS tenfold, and VK had to seek 20% more
> storage resources in just a week.
>
> This has created an insurmountable practical problem as there are not enough data centers in Russia to accommodate the needs of local operators; hence,
> a national solution for the Russian storage crisis is needed.

Re: Russia faces IT crisis with just two months of data storage left

<ffc74040-94ba-44fb-a38b-2f29bc90f4f7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=94561&group=sci.math#94561

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 12:09:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: burse...@gmail.com (Mostowski Collapse)
 by: Mostowski Collapse - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 19:09 UTC

Does this imply they cannot anymore disperse bleeping nonsense?

When you make up "ethnicity-based pandemics" bullshit that's so insane
no one notices your map shows Crimea as Ukraine. I am surrounded by morons.
https://twitter.com/DarthPutinKGB/status/1506539154888351744