From: pcdhSpam...@electrooptical.net (Phil Hobbs)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Cross-posts
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 18:46:32 -0400
 by: Phil Hobbs - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 22:46 UTC

As an aside to the SED regulars, it would probably be a good idea for us
to confine our responses to SED rather than accepting the default
cross-posting to the other NGs--alt.home.repair and uk.d-i-y at the moment.

Stuff is quite unlikely to be on-topic in all of them, and the amount of
cruft and bird droppings we've been flushing out is way out of
proportion to any benefit. In short (and I include myself in this)

\|||/
(o o)
,--oo0--------------.
| Please |
| Don't Feed |
| The TROLLS |
'--------------oo0---
|__| |__|
|| ||
ooO Ooo

+----------+
| PLEASE |
| DO NOT |
| FEED THE |
| TROLLS |
+----------+
| |
| |
.\|.||/..

__________________
/| /| | |
||__|| | Please do |
/ O O\__ NOT |
/ \ feed the |
/ \ \ trolls |
/ _ \ \ ______________|
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ \ __||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | /| | --|
| | |// |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ // |
/ _ \\ _ // | /
* / \_ /- | - | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
+-------------------+ / \
| | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
| | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
\||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
\||/ | | | (______Y______)
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Re: Cross-posts

<t3doho$9eq$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=94715&group=sci.electronics.design#94715

From: pNaonStp...@yahoo.com (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Cross-posts
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 06:41:38 GMT
NewsFleX homepage: http://www.panteltje.com/panteltje/newsflex/ and ftp download ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/linux/system/news/readers/
 by: Jan Panteltje - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 06:41 UTC

On a sunny day (Fri, 15 Apr 2022 18:46:32 -0400) it happened Phil Hobbs
<pcdhSpamMeSenseless@electrooptical.net> wrote in
<e54db561-0811-19bc-c458-a1549cc156cb@electrooptical.net>:

>As an aside to the SED regulars, it would probably be a good idea for us
>to confine our responses to SED rather than accepting the default
>cross-posting to the other NGs--alt.home.repair and uk.d-i-y at the moment.
>
>Stuff is quite unlikely to be on-topic in all of them, and the amount of
>cruft and bird droppings we've been flushing out is way out of
>proportion to any benefit. In short (and I include myself in this)

Oh, I do not mind seeing other groups are still alive
and exchanging ideas.
What I do mind is idiotic subject headers, like the one
you recently participated in
I just skip those by default, like
'troll feeding senile ... '

Maybe I should activate my filter again.

How about adding a reverse filter? Only show post by you and J Larking and
a few selected other ones?
No, not a good idea,
Keep the cross postings!
No police needed here, this is Usenet!!!!!

As to looking at things from 'different angles', read this:
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/04/light-maker-of-lidar-trouncing-cameras-answers-your-questions/
I just cannot believe Tesla is so stupid as to use only one camera for autonomous driving...
????
Well Musk playing with twitter backfired too :-)
I was hoping they would stop censoring, but it will likely get worse
Now they censor Musk.

Sign of times... Like when the Roman empire fell and religion overtook any science and common sense.
US turning black and IQ dropping below 100
Is all over now, (checks radiation meter) well almost anyways, just wait,,,

popeye jamming
hehe

Re: Cross-posts

<3193ca09-42b7-4fe8-a5bf-e14d6fad3121n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=94751&group=sci.electronics.design#94751

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 13:48:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: richsuli...@gmail.com (Rich S)
 by: Rich S - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 20:48 UTC

On Saturday, April 16, 2022 at 6:43:12 AM UTC, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> On a sunny day (Fri, 15 Apr 2022 18:46:32 -0400) it happened Phil Hobbs
> <pcdhSpamM...@electrooptical.net> wrote in
> <e54db561-0811-19bc...@electrooptical.net>:
> >As an aside to the SED regulars, it would probably be a good idea for us
> >to confine our responses to SED rather than accepting the default
> >cross-posting to the other NGs--alt.home.repair and uk.d-i-y at the moment.
> >
> >Stuff is quite unlikely to be on-topic in all of them, and the amount of
> >cruft and bird droppings we've been flushing out is way out of
> >proportion to any benefit. In short (and I include myself in this)
> Oh, I do not mind seeing other groups are still alive
> and exchanging ideas.
> What I do mind is idiotic subject headers, like the one
> you recently participated in
> I just skip those by default, like
> 'troll feeding senile ... '
>
> Maybe I should activate my filter again.
>
> How about adding a reverse filter? Only show post by you and J Larking and
> a few selected other ones?
> No, not a good idea,
> Keep the cross postings!
> No police needed here, this is Usenet!!!!!
>
> As to looking at things from 'different angles', read this:
> https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/04/light-maker-of-lidar-trouncing-cameras-answers-your-questions/
> I just cannot believe Tesla is so stupid as to use only one camera for autonomous driving...
> ????
> Well Musk playing with twitter backfired too :-)
> I was hoping they would stop censoring, but it will likely get worse
> Now they censor Musk.
>
> Sign of times... Like when the Roman empire fell and religion overtook any science and common sense.
> US turning black and IQ dropping below 100
> Is all over now, (checks radiation meter) well almost anyways, just wait,,,
>
> popeye jamming
> hehe

the problem is the Google groups portal UI
that I (and perhaps many) use. It simply
does not show the headers. I dont know if the
post is crossposted :-(
I have to switch to Seamonkey as others have
suggested.

Re: Cross-posts

<t3gf9u$tn9$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=94777&group=sci.electronics.design#94777

From: pNaonStp...@yahoo.com (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 07:22:05 GMT
NewsFleX homepage: http://www.panteltje.com/panteltje/newsflex/ and ftp download ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/linux/system/news/readers/
 by: Jan Panteltje - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 07:22 UTC

On a sunny day (Sat, 16 Apr 2022 13:48:46 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Rich S
<richsulinengineer@gmail.com> wrote in
<3193ca09-42b7-4fe8-a5bf-e14d6fad3121n@googlegroups.com>:

>On Saturday, April 16, 2022 at 6:43:12 AM UTC, Jan Panteltje wrote:
>> On a sunny day (Fri, 15 Apr 2022 18:46:32 -0400) it happened Phil Hobbs
>> <pcdhSpamM...@electrooptical.net> wrote in
>> <e54db561-0811-19bc...@electrooptical.net>:
>> >As an aside to the SED regulars, it would probably be a good idea for us
>> >to confine our responses to SED rather than accepting the default
>> >cross-posting to the other NGs--alt.home.repair and uk.d-i-y at the moment.
>> >
>> >Stuff is quite unlikely to be on-topic in all of them, and the amount of
>> >cruft and bird droppings we've been flushing out is way out of
>> >proportion to any benefit. In short (and I include myself in this)
>> Oh, I do not mind seeing other groups are still alive
>> and exchanging ideas.
>> What I do mind is idiotic subject headers, like the one
>> you recently participated in
>> I just skip those by default, like
>> 'troll feeding senile ... '
>>
>> Maybe I should activate my filter again.
>>
>> How about adding a reverse filter? Only show post by you and J Larking and
>> a few selected other ones?
>> No, not a good idea,
>> Keep the cross postings!
>> No police needed here, this is Usenet!!!!!
>>
>> As to looking at things from 'different angles', read this:
>> https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/04/light-maker-of-lidar-trouncing-cameras-answers-your-questions/
>> I just cannot believe Tesla is so stupid as to use only one camera for autonomous driving...
>> ????
>> Well Musk playing with twitter backfired too :-)
>> I was hoping they would stop censoring, but it will likely get worse
>> Now they censor Musk.
>>
>> Sign of times... Like when the Roman empire fell and religion overtook any science and common sense.
>> US turning black and IQ dropping below 100
>> Is all over now, (checks radiation meter) well almost anyways, just wait,,,
>>
>> popeye jamming
>> hehe
>

>the problem is the Google groups portal UI
>that I (and perhaps many) use. It simply
>does not show the headers. I dont know if the
>post is crossposted :-(
>I have to switch to Seamonkey as others have
>suggested.

What are you running, MS windows? Does free agent still exist?
If Linux there are several newsreadwrs, I wrote my own around 1999 or there about, still using it:
http://panteltje.com/panteltje/newsflex/index.html

Re: Cross-posts

<e71bd8bc-d54f-4205-b6f8-4ba5c3840db0n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=94828&group=sci.electronics.design#94828

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 16:14:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: richsuli...@gmail.com (Rich S)
 by: Rich S - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 23:14 UTC

On Sunday, April 17, 2022 at 7:23:50 AM UTC, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> On a sunny day (Sat, 16 Apr 2022 13:48:46 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Rich S
> <richsuli...@gmail.com> wrote in
> <3193ca09-42b7-4fe8...@googlegroups.com>:
> >On Saturday, April 16, 2022 at 6:43:12 AM UTC, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> >> On a sunny day (Fri, 15 Apr 2022 18:46:32 -0400) it happened Phil Hobbs
> >> <pcdhSpamM...@electrooptical.net> wrote in
> >> Oh, I do not mind seeing other groups are still alive
> >> and exchanging ideas.
> >> What I do mind is idiotic subject headers, like the one
> >> you recently participated in
> >> I just skip those by default, like
> >> 'troll feeding senile ... '
> >> Maybe I should activate my filter again.
> >> How about adding a reverse filter? Only show post by you and J Larking and
> >> a few selected other ones?
> >> No, not a good idea,
> >> Keep the cross postings!
> >> No police needed here, this is Usenet!!!!!
> >> As to looking at things from 'different angles', read this:
> >> https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/04/light-maker-of-lidar-trouncing-cameras-answers-your-questions/
> >> I just cannot believe Tesla is so stupid as to use only one camera for autonomous driving...
> >> ????
> >> Well Musk playing with twitter backfired too :-)
> >> I was hoping they would stop censoring, but it will likely get worse
> >> Now they censor Musk.
> >> Sign of times... Like when the Roman empire fell and religion overtook any science and common sense.
> >> US turning black and IQ dropping below 100
> >> Is all over now, (checks radiation meter) well almost anyways, just wait,,,
> >> popeye jamming
> >> hehe
> >

> >the problem is the Google groups portal UI
> >that I (and perhaps many) use. It simply
> >does not show the headers. I dont know if the
> >post is crossposted :-(
> >I have to switch to Seamonkey as others have
> >suggested.
> What are you running, MS windows? Does free agent still exist?
> If Linux there are several newsreadwrs, I wrote my own around 1999 or there about, still using it:
> http://panteltje.com/panteltje/newsflex/index.htm

Hi Jan, Yes, 99% of the time, I use windoze. On occasion MacOS, & Raspian.
I guess Free Agent and others are available and could be OK.
I mention Seamonkey only because its free, and available as a portable app.
I usually go there first when the a need arises for a new app.
https://portableapps.com/apps
I like the "clean" install & de-install of portable apps :-)

Re Trolls & topicality, its a kind of unrestrained human behavior
with no consequences. A challenge, like how free should free speech be,
that we will likely never all 100% agree.
= RS