"Ahead warp factor 1" -- Captain Kirk

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / GM Backtracks on Joe Biden’s Green Energy Agenda After Investing Billions

SubjectAuthor
* GM Backtracks on JoCatrike Rider
+* Re: GM Backtracks on Joe Biden’s Green Energy AgenTom Kunich
|`- Re: GM Backtracks on Joe Biden’s Green Energy AgenAndre Jute
`- Re: GM Backtracks on Joe Biden’s Green Energy AgenAndre Jute

1
GM Backtracks on Joe Biden’s Green Energy Agenda After Investing Billions

<7im4ki163iij6s17lmnm4jjfiu2b2qng7r@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=94800&group=rec.bicycles.tech#94800

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: GM_Backtracks_on_Jo
e_Biden’s_Green_Ene
rgy_Agenda_After_In
vesting_Billions
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 10:01:53 -0400
 by: Catrike Rider - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 14:01 UTC

After investing billions to adhere to President Joe Biden’s green
energy agenda, General Motors (GM) is backtracking on all fronts when
it comes to Electric Vehicles (EVs).

As GM was the last of the Big Three to strike a tentative agreement
with the United Auto Workers (UAW), the automaker’s green energy
dreams — championed by the Biden administration — have come crumbling
down.

GM CEO Mary Barra, a close ally of Biden’s, has said the automaker
will not begin to attempt to produce 400,000 EVs from 2022 through
mid-2024 as initially planned. GM is also delaying retooling its plant
in Orion Township, Michigan, to build EV pickup trucks.

Days ago, GM had to begin offering owners of its Chevy Bolt about
$1,400 to install a diagnostic program to determine if the vehicle’s
EV battery is defective. The move came after GM had to recall all of
its Chevy Bolts due to the EV battery issues and a class action
settlement over the battery problems is anticipated in the near
future.

In addition, GM executives are having to delay launching a number of
their EV models such as the Chevrolet Equinox EV, the Chevrolet
Silverado EV RST, and the GMC Sierra EV Denali.

Those launch delays have coincided with GM and Honda ending their
billion-dollar joint venture to produce affordable EVs for Americans
as well as markets in South America and China.

The end of that joint venture comes as demand for EVs among Americans
has plummeted with the all-electric cars staying on dealership lots
for an average of 65 days — way up from last year’s average of about
21 days.

“The American public is not ready for the broad adoption of electric
vehicles. There are maybe 10 percent to 12 percent of people who
really want an electric vehicle … the remainder still want internal
combustion,” former GM executive Bob Lutz said this week

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2023/10/31/gm-backtracks-on-joe-bidens-green-energy-agenda-after-investing-billions/

Re: GM Backtracks on Joe Biden’s Green Energy Agenda After Investing Billions

<5a1b6fff-1b27-41ad-8679-b42ebeeb2a29n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=94803&group=rec.bicycles.tech#94803

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 07:37:52 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_GM_Backtracks_on_Joe_Biden’s_Green_Energy_Agen
da_After_Investing_Billions
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 14:37 UTC

On Wednesday, November 1, 2023 at 7:01:58 AM UTC-7, Catrike Rider wrote:
> After investing billions to adhere to President Joe Biden’s green
> energy agenda, General Motors (GM) is backtracking on all fronts when
> it comes to Electric Vehicles (EVs).
>
> As GM was the last of the Big Three to strike a tentative agreement
> with the United Auto Workers (UAW), the automaker’s green energy
> dreams — championed by the Biden administration — have come crumbling
> down.
>
> GM CEO Mary Barra, a close ally of Biden’s, has said the automaker
> will not begin to attempt to produce 400,000 EVs from 2022 through
> mid-2024 as initially planned. GM is also delaying retooling its plant
> in Orion Township, Michigan, to build EV pickup trucks.
>
> Days ago, GM had to begin offering owners of its Chevy Bolt about
> $1,400 to install a diagnostic program to determine if the vehicle’s
> EV battery is defective. The move came after GM had to recall all of
> its Chevy Bolts due to the EV battery issues and a class action
> settlement over the battery problems is anticipated in the near
> future.
>
> In addition, GM executives are having to delay launching a number of
> their EV models such as the Chevrolet Equinox EV, the Chevrolet
> Silverado EV RST, and the GMC Sierra EV Denali.
>
> Those launch delays have coincided with GM and Honda ending their
> billion-dollar joint venture to produce affordable EVs for Americans
> as well as markets in South America and China.
>
> The end of that joint venture comes as demand for EVs among Americans
> has plummeted with the all-electric cars staying on dealership lots
> for an average of 65 days — way up from last year’s average of about
> 21 days.
>
> “The American public is not ready for the broad adoption of electric
> vehicles. There are maybe 10 percent to 12 percent of people who
> really want an electric vehicle … the remainder still want internal
> combustion,” former GM executive Bob Lutz said this week
>
> https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2023/10/31/gm-backtracks-on-joe-bidens-green-energy-agenda-after-investing-billions/

Unlike the completely brainless idiots in the Democrat party, exactly how much sense does it take to realize that replacing 80 lbs of gasoline with 1100 lbs of batteries that are a fire hazard that cannot be extinguished, isn't a particularly good idea. But at least we can know what happens when Krygowski suddenly ceases to post.

Re: GM Backtracks on Joe Biden’s Green Energy Agenda After Investing Billions

<c97144b9-5dba-4bcf-843f-cd06fa943ab4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=94868&group=rec.bicycles.tech#94868

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 16:44:06 -0700 (PDT)
da_After_Investing_Billions
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 23:44 UTC

On Wednesday, November 1, 2023 at 2:37:54 PM UTC, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 1, 2023 at 7:01:58 AM UTC-7, Catrike Rider wrote:
> > After investing billions to adhere to President Joe Biden’s green
> > energy agenda, General Motors (GM) is backtracking on all fronts when
> > it comes to Electric Vehicles (EVs).
> >
> > As GM was the last of the Big Three to strike a tentative agreement
> > with the United Auto Workers (UAW), the automaker’s green energy
> > dreams — championed by the Biden administration — have come crumbling
> > down.
> >
> > GM CEO Mary Barra, a close ally of Biden’s, has said the automaker
> > will not begin to attempt to produce 400,000 EVs from 2022 through
> > mid-2024 as initially planned. GM is also delaying retooling its plant
> > in Orion Township, Michigan, to build EV pickup trucks.
> >
> > Days ago, GM had to begin offering owners of its Chevy Bolt about
> > $1,400 to install a diagnostic program to determine if the vehicle’s
> > EV battery is defective. The move came after GM had to recall all of
> > its Chevy Bolts due to the EV battery issues and a class action
> > settlement over the battery problems is anticipated in the near
> > future.
> >
> > In addition, GM executives are having to delay launching a number of
> > their EV models such as the Chevrolet Equinox EV, the Chevrolet
> > Silverado EV RST, and the GMC Sierra EV Denali.
> >
> > Those launch delays have coincided with GM and Honda ending their
> > billion-dollar joint venture to produce affordable EVs for Americans
> > as well as markets in South America and China.
> >
> > The end of that joint venture comes as demand for EVs among Americans
> > has plummeted with the all-electric cars staying on dealership lots
> > for an average of 65 days — way up from last year’s average of about
> > 21 days.
> >
> > “The American public is not ready for the broad adoption of electric
> > vehicles. There are maybe 10 percent to 12 percent of people who
> > really want an electric vehicle … the remainder still want internal
> > combustion,” former GM executive Bob Lutz said this week
> >
> > https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2023/10/31/gm-backtracks-on-joe-bidens-green-energy-agenda-after-investing-billions/
> Unlike the completely brainless idiots in the Democrat party, exactly how much sense does it take to realize that replacing 80 lbs of gasoline with 1100 lbs of batteries that are a fire hazard that cannot be extinguished, isn't a particularly good idea. But at least we can know what happens when Krygowski suddenly ceases to post.

Re: GM Backtracks on Joe Biden’s Green Energy Agenda After Investing Billions

<f8aa7cf1-10c6-45a0-b22f-05a0bc182b9cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=94871&group=rec.bicycles.tech#94871

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 16:55:15 -0700 (PDT)
da_After_Investing_Billions
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 23:55 UTC

On Wednesday, November 1, 2023 at 2:01:58 PM UTC, Catrike Rider wrote:
> After investing billions to adhere to President Joe Biden’s green
> energy agenda, General Motors (GM) is backtracking on all fronts when
> it comes to Electric Vehicles (EVs).
>
> As GM was the last of the Big Three to strike a tentative agreement
> with the United Auto Workers (UAW), the automaker’s green energy
> dreams — championed by the Biden administration — have come crumbling
> down.
>
> GM CEO Mary Barra, a close ally of Biden’s, has said the automaker
> will not begin to attempt to produce 400,000 EVs from 2022 through
> mid-2024 as initially planned. GM is also delaying retooling its plant
> in Orion Township, Michigan, to build EV pickup trucks.
>
> Days ago, GM had to begin offering owners of its Chevy Bolt about
> $1,400 to install a diagnostic program to determine if the vehicle’s
> EV battery is defective. The move came after GM had to recall all of
> its Chevy Bolts due to the EV battery issues and a class action
> settlement over the battery problems is anticipated in the near
> future.
>
> In addition, GM executives are having to delay launching a number of
> their EV models such as the Chevrolet Equinox EV, the Chevrolet
> Silverado EV RST, and the GMC Sierra EV Denali.
>
> Those launch delays have coincided with GM and Honda ending their
> billion-dollar joint venture to produce affordable EVs for Americans
> as well as markets in South America and China.
>
> The end of that joint venture comes as demand for EVs among Americans
> has plummeted with the all-electric cars staying on dealership lots
> for an average of 65 days — way up from last year’s average of about
> 21 days.
>
> “The American public is not ready for the broad adoption of electric
> vehicles. There are maybe 10 percent to 12 percent of people who
> really want an electric vehicle … the remainder still want internal
> combustion,” former GM executive Bob Lutz said this week
>
> https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2023/10/31/gm-backtracks-on-joe-bidens-green-energy-agenda-after-investing-billions/

Ford is said to lose over $60K on every electric vehicle it sells. You can expect more retrenchment of Biden and the Greenies' overwrought EV plan. In the UK the prime minister has already put the target date for the phasing out of hybrid vehicles back five years, and given notice it might have to be put back another stretch. Worldwide there is only one EV maker making a profit, and that's Elon Musk, who isn't invited to the White House with the less competent American EV makers. It is significant that Musk was born and raised in South Africa...

Andre Jute
A little, a very little, thought will suffice. -- John Maynard Keynes