Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 20:50:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 03:50 UTC

On Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 7:46:41 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 4/14/2022 6:19 PM, Jock wrote:

> >> You may be right. Could be three years.
> >
> > Don't buy that either. And even if it was true, much more of a nuisance
> > having to do it most days instead of once a week or so.
> New models have a range comparable to a gas car, 350 to 400 miles.
> Yeah, takes 30 seconds to plug in twice a week. Still faster than
> stopping at a gas station.
>
> Rather than dwell on the negatives, educate yourself and you will find
> many have been overcome or will be soon.

Many simply don't want to learn about BEVs. They want to believe what they want to believe. That's ok. Anyone will be able to keep their current car as long as they want. They just won't be able to drive it because no one will continue selling gasoline when only 1% of the country want it.

> If I had need for two cars, one would be an EV today. Even now, it is
> good for 90% of my needs.

I haven't found a use case my BEV doesn't fit. It does a lot of things my old car didn't. Oh, wait, there's one thing I can't do in my BEV. I can't rev the engine in neutral or make a bunch of noise. Oh, I can't blow smoke out of the exhaust and I can't murder anyone by piping the exhaust into their bedroom window. Yeah, and I can't use the fuel to start a fire. Geez, there are so many gasoline fires in cars. Those things are DANGEROUS!

--

Rick C.

++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209