"What the scientists have in their briefcases is terrifying." -- Nikita Khrushchev

tech / sci.physics.relativity / "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of Light

SubjectAuthor
* "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of LightPentcho Valev
+* Re: "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of LightRichard Hertz
|+* Re: "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of LightPaul Alsing
||+- Re: "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of LightRichard Hertz
||`- Re: "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of LightRichard Hertz
|+- Re: "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of LightDono.
|`- Re: "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of LightKen Seto
`* Re: "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of LightPentcho Valev
 `* Re: "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of LightPentcho Valev
  `* Re: "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of Lightmitchr...@gmail.com
   `- Re: "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength ofColon Sciarra

1
"Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of Light

<0069c149-4426-4ef3-8bc1-e6c9f449d1c6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95234&group=sci.physics.relativity#95234

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 17:23:52 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of Light
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 00:23 UTC

Richard Feynman: "I want to emphasize that light comes in this form - particles. It is very important to know that light behaves like particles, especially for those of you who have gone to school, where you probably learned something about light behaving like waves. I'm telling you the way it does behave - like particles. You might say that it's just the photomultiplier that detects light as particles, but no, every instrument that has been designed to be sensitive enough to detect weak light has always ended up discovering the same thing: light is made of particles." https://www.amazon.com/QED-Strange-Theory-Light-Matter/dp/0691024170

Feynman unwittingly implies that VARIABLE wavelength of light https://youtube.com/watch?v=xsVxC_NR64M is an unrealistic wave-based concept. In Einstein-free physics the wavelength of light will be nothing more than an invariable proportionality coefficient in the formula

(frequency) = (speed of light)/(wavelength)

By the way, "light is made of particles" also implies variable speed of light as posited by Newton's theory:

"Moreover, if light consists of particles, as Einstein had suggested in his paper submitted just thirteen weeks before this one, the second principle seems absurd: A stone thrown from a speeding train can do far more damage than one thrown from a train at rest; the speed of the particle is not independent of the motion of the object emitting it. And if we take light to consist of particles and assume that these particles obey Newton's laws, they will conform to Newtonian relativity and thus automatically account for the null result of the Michelson-Morley experiment without recourse to contracting lengths, local time, or Lorentz transformations. Yet, as we have seen, Einstein resisted the temptation to account for the null result in terms of particles of light and simple, familiar Newtonian ideas, and introduced as his second postulate something that was more or less obvious when thought of in terms of waves in an ether." Banesh Hoffmann, Relativity and Its Roots, p.92 https://www.amazon.com/Relativity-Its-Roots-Banesh-Hoffmann/dp/0486406768

See more here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev

Re: "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of Light

<4fb12124-0077-4b3d-9e4c-6f7a36040818n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95237&group=sci.physics.relativity#95237

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 17:49:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 00:49 UTC

On Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 9:23:54 PM UTC-3, Pentcho Valev wrote:
> Richard Feynman: "I want to emphasize that light comes in this form - particles. It is very important to know that light behaves like particles, especially for those of you who have gone to school, where you probably learned something about light behaving like waves. I'm telling you the way it does behave - like particles. You might say that it's just the photomultiplier that detects light as particles, but no, every instrument that has been designed to be sensitive enough to detect weak light has always ended up discovering the same thing: light is made of particles." https://www.amazon.com/QED-Strange-Theory-Light-Matter/dp/0691024170
>
> Feynman unwittingly implies that VARIABLE wavelength of light https://youtube.com/watch?v=xsVxC_NR64M is an unrealistic wave-based concept. In Einstein-free physics the wavelength of light will be nothing more than an invariable proportionality coefficient in the formula
>
> (frequency) = (speed of light)/(wavelength)
>
> By the way, "light is made of particles" also implies variable speed of light as posited by Newton's theory:
>
> "Moreover, if light consists of particles, as Einstein had suggested in his paper submitted just thirteen weeks before this one, the second principle seems absurd: A stone thrown from a speeding train can do far more damage than one thrown from a train at rest; the speed of the particle is not independent of the motion of the object emitting it. And if we take light to consist of particles and assume that these particles obey Newton's laws, they will conform to Newtonian relativity and thus automatically account for the null result of the Michelson-Morley experiment without recourse to contracting lengths, local time, or Lorentz transformations. Yet, as we have seen, Einstein resisted the temptation to account for the null result in terms of particles of light and simple, familiar Newtonian ideas, and introduced as his second postulate something that was more or less obvious when thought of in terms of waves in an ether." Banesh Hoffmann, Relativity and Its Roots, p.92 https://www.amazon.com/Relativity-Its-Roots-Banesh-Hoffmann/dp/0486406768
>
> See more here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev
>
> Pentcho Valev

Feynman was a highly overrated "number cruncher" physicist (his role at the Manhattan project). He had good visual perception of
problems and how to solve them, but that was all about him. Highly cynical and hypocritical, his name remains because of the fame
he acquired as a science commentator on early ages of TV. Not the "US Einstein", as stupid MSM wanted to plant into the highly
gullible brains of US citizens.

He wouldn't last too much as a public figure in other developed countries. But, in USA, every story around stand-alone "heroes" is
a best-seller. What can I say: Superman, Rambo & Rocky mentality, Iron Man, etc. Idiots need that shit to feel better. I think that
Obama called it "american exceptionalism".

Can't stop smiling when I think about such childish, narcissist, Hollywood-driven dreams of supremacy on whatever.

That, until reality punches in the face and noses start to bleed. How many times in the last 120 years? Hundred? Thousands?

Re: "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of Light

<7a2547a6-96cb-4acc-b32f-a4e77289a450n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95239&group=sci.physics.relativity#95239

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 18:13:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: pnals...@gmail.com (Paul Alsing)
 by: Paul Alsing - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 01:13 UTC

On Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 5:49:19 PM UTC-7, Richard Hertz wrote:

> Feynman was a highly overrated "number cruncher" physicist (his role at the Manhattan project). He had good visual perception of
> problems and how to solve them, but that was all about him. Highly cynical and hypocritical, his name remains because of the fame
> he acquired as a science commentator on early ages of TV. Not the "US Einstein", as stupid MSM wanted to plant into the highly
> gullible brains of US citizens.

Richard, you would not qualify to dry the perspiration Feynman's testicles. Your obvious jealousy of the man is gigantic... and a wise man once said that "jealousy is a cancer", and you've got it, for sure! Better you than me....

As physics students in college in the 1960s, a group of us made the trip from San Diego to attend a couple of his lectures at CalTech, and we conversed with the man afterward, and he was as nice as could be, inviting us to return "anytime"! His "Lectures on Physics" was our textbook back at SDSU. Feynman is revered for a reason, no matter what kind of bullshit you choose to smear about him. You have zero class in these matters.

You are one sick puppy...

Re: "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of Light

<18528e1d-1586-46c0-a4d6-c98af27cee32n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95245&group=sci.physics.relativity#95245

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 20:57:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: eggy2001...@gmail.com (Dono.)
 by: Dono. - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 03:57 UTC

On Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 5:49:19 PM UTC-7, kapo piece of shit Richard Hertz wrote:

> Feynman was

You need to clean the spittle off your nazi chin, piece of shit. You are not worth carrying Feynman's jockstrap.

Re: "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of Light

<ca959899-6f7e-4810-af5a-46babdf2bd7fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95248&group=sci.physics.relativity#95248

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 21:15:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 04:15 UTC

On Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 10:13:34 PM UTC-3, Paul Alsing wrote:
> On Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 5:49:19 PM UTC-7, Richard Hertz wrote:
>
> > Feynman was a highly overrated "number cruncher" physicist (his role at the Manhattan project). He had good visual perception of
> > problems and how to solve them, but that was all about him. Highly cynical and hypocritical, his name remains because of the fame
> > he acquired as a science commentator on early ages of TV. Not the "US Einstein", as stupid MSM wanted to plant into the highly
> > gullible brains of US citizens.
> Richard, you would not qualify to dry the perspiration Feynman's testicles. Your obvious jealousy of the man is gigantic... and a wise man once said that "jealousy is a cancer", and you've got it, for sure! Better you than me...
>
> As physics students in college in the 1960s, a group of us made the trip from San Diego to attend a couple of his lectures at CalTech, and we conversed with the man afterward, and he was as nice as could be, inviting us to return "anytime"! His "Lectures on Physics" was our textbook back at SDSU. Feynman is revered for a reason, no matter what kind of bullshit you choose to smear about him. You have zero class in these matters.
>
> You are one sick puppy...

He used to beat the crap out of his wife if she dared to interrupt him while he was playing with his tambourine.

A true Einstein's follower.

Her sister was a much more accomplished scientist. The man was the "Jerry Lewis" of physics.

Re: "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of Light

<1ed0cd74-9c41-4fe2-a9e9-d1d8aea7cfedn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95249&group=sci.physics.relativity#95249

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 21:16:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 04:16 UTC

On Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 10:13:34 PM UTC-3, Paul Alsing wrote:
> On Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 5:49:19 PM UTC-7, Richard Hertz wrote:
>
> > Feynman was a highly overrated "number cruncher" physicist (his role at the Manhattan project). He had good visual perception of
> > problems and how to solve them, but that was all about him. Highly cynical and hypocritical, his name remains because of the fame
> > he acquired as a science commentator on early ages of TV. Not the "US Einstein", as stupid MSM wanted to plant into the highly
> > gullible brains of US citizens.
> Richard, you would not qualify to dry the perspiration Feynman's testicles. Your obvious jealousy of the man is gigantic... and a wise man once said that "jealousy is a cancer", and you've got it, for sure! Better you than me...
>
> As physics students in college in the 1960s, a group of us made the trip from San Diego to attend a couple of his lectures at CalTech, and we conversed with the man afterward, and he was as nice as could be, inviting us to return "anytime"! His "Lectures on Physics" was our textbook back at SDSU. Feynman is revered for a reason, no matter what kind of bullshit you choose to smear about him. You have zero class in these matters.
>
> You are one sick puppy...

What was the name of your "community college"?

Re: "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of Light

<38a9427b-a5b8-4259-8a8f-6af7dcaf8a39n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95263&group=sci.physics.relativity#95263

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 22:17:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 05:17 UTC

The author of this text has unwittingly laid the foundations of future, Einstein-free physics:

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign: "Consider a falling object. Its speed increases as it is falling. Hence, if we were to associate a frequency with that object the frequency should increase accordingly as it falls to earth. Because of the equivalence between gravitational and inertial mass, we should observe the same effect for light. So lets shine a light beam from the top of a very tall building. If we can measure the frequency shift as the light beam descends the building, we should be able to discern how gravity affects a falling light beam. This was done by Pound and Rebka in 1960. They shone a light from the top of the Jefferson tower at Harvard and measured the frequency shift. The frequency shift was tiny but in agreement with the theoretical prediction." https://courses.physics.illinois.edu/phys419/sp2011/lectures/Lecture13/L13r.html

Two principles implied in this particular scenario are actually valid in any scenario:

(1) Any frequency shift is caused by a proportional speed-of-light shift.

(2) The wavelength of light is invariable.

Clearly (1) and (2) are equivalent (either follows from the other), given the formula

(frequency) = (speed of light)/(wavelength)

Still, for practical reasons, (2) will be an axiom (the fundamental axiom of Einstein-free physics) while (1) is a direct corollary.

Other corollaries of the axiom "The wavelength of light is invariable":

If the emitter and the observer (receiver) travel towards each other with relative speed v, the speed of light as measured by the observer is c' = c+v, as per Newton's theory.

Spacetime and gravitational waves (ripples in spacetime) don't exist. LIGO's "discoveries" are fakes.

The Hubble redshift is due to light slowing down as it travels through vacuum. The universe is not expanding.

Light falls in a gravitational field with the same acceleration as ordinary falling bodies - near Earth's surface the accelerations of falling photons is g = 9.8 m/s^2. Accordingly, there is no gravitational time dilation and light deflects as per Newton, not as per Einstein.

Just an illustration of the validity of the last corollary:

"To see WHY A DEFLECTION OF LIGHT WOULD BE EXPECTED, consider Figure 2-17, which shows a beam of light entering an accelerating compartment. Successive positions of the compartment are shown at equal time intervals. Because the compartment is accelerating, the distance it moves in each time interval increases with time. The path of the beam of light, as observed from inside the compartment, is therefore a parabola. But according to the equivalence principle, there is no way to distinguish between an accelerating compartment and one with uniform velocity in a uniform gravitational field. We conclude, therefore, that A BEAM OF LIGHT WILL ACCELERATE IN A GRAVITATIONAL FIELD AS DO OBJECTS WITH REST MASS. For example, near the surface of Earth light will fall with acceleration 9.8 m/s^2." http://web.pdx.edu/~pmoeck/books/Tipler_Llewellyn.pdf

More here: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev

Re: "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of Light

<d8bacfff-da96-45b4-856c-2bc0ba7e987bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95285&group=sci.physics.relativity#95285

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 05:13:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: pva...@yahoo.com (Pentcho Valev)
 by: Pentcho Valev - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 12:13 UTC

"Thus, the moving observer sees a wave possessing the same wavelength [...] but a different frequency [...] to that seen by the stationary observer." http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/315/Waveshtml/node41.html

This, in accordance with the formula (frequency)=(speed of light)/(wavelength), entails that the speed of light varies with the speed of the observer as posited by Newton's theory:

"Vo is the velocity of an observer moving towards the source. This velocity is independent of the motion of the source. Hence, the velocity of waves relative to the observer is c + Vo. [...] The motion of an observer does not alter the wavelength. The increase in frequency is a result of the observer encountering more wavelengths in a given time." http://a-levelphysicstutor.com/wav-doppler.php

The constancy of the wavelength of light is not restricted to this particular scenario. Actually, the wavelength of light is invariable in any other scenario - Doppler moving emitter, gravitational redshift, Hubble redshift.

See more: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev

Pentcho Valev

Re: "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of Light

<8b5c28b1-9708-4796-96ea-3e6ae0be2eb7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95349&group=sci.physics.relativity#95349

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 17:24:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: mitchrae...@gmail.com (mitchr...@gmail.com)
 by: mitchr...@gmail.com - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 00:24 UTC

On Friday, August 19, 2022 at 5:13:41 AM UTC-7, Pentcho Valev wrote:
> "Thus, the moving observer sees a wave possessing the same wavelength [....] but a different frequency [...] to that seen by the stationary observer." http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/315/Waveshtml/node41.html
>
> This, in accordance with the formula (frequency)=(speed of light)/(wavelength), entails that the speed of light varies with the speed of the observer as posited by Newton's theory:
>
> "Vo is the velocity of an observer moving towards the source. This velocity is independent of the motion of the source. Hence, the velocity of waves relative to the observer is c + Vo. [...] The motion of an observer does not alter the wavelength. The increase in frequency is a result of the observer encountering more wavelengths in a given time." http://a-levelphysicstutor.com/wav-doppler.php
>
> The constancy of the wavelength of light is not restricted to this particular scenario. Actually, the wavelength of light is invariable in any other scenario - Doppler moving emitter, gravitational redshift, Hubble redshift..
>
> See more: https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev
>
> Pentcho Valev

If light is a particle how can it be absorbed by another?
What would guide a point particle it to another point particle?
They are both quantized at the infinitely small.
Einstein went against his Nobel light particle in 1937
and said he could no longer reconcile a wave with a particle.
His light he said "is a spherical wavelet."

Mitchell Raemsch

Re: "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of Light

<tdqejq$1s958$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95363&group=sci.physics.relativity#95363

Followup: sci.physics.relativity
From: lco...@aocrnria.aa (Colon Sciarra)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math
Subject: Re: "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of
Light
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 10:55:55 -0000 (UTC)
94Z8r8DyKHwCwGHvqMB+GrH7bCX+K4wCwWRbqMC/mduBeWGLC4104AriQzQ0AEC
ZlI32whGZpCBKM3rT94Ea0hGysBCqwcH1ZhJvSE/FuqlKkFJACLWGONENYD6AJ4
lJ8vgBrKm6hLGg1IhJNhxLK+ZziJHDhqC9oSJ7VroAlhbI4GLnOUK8b7CQAJiNS
dk0+cWc+HGlSBKMtQmcJWGUtZzITpakA6BWbgl7ONOWsajMEPmWM7GwlrHYOK+j
o5jXI4QKK9giviMs4PSDLVyi1pMYWgKso10BNSZMLQCPGK6BkV2AMXCDBfAPY82
9KvR63cX6edQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
[r>q^pv%,r:M]VJQFzkdkf#[5St#Aw@:v'=vdev?4&Qx6,LW77'l!#FiJ"9H??"5X#$l!/(
$RuaFr!.frxe~=)].vgYLx$0ML!5^F;&gggZo7n(*?2bkJ@vG[Ga&@+qA9Zh7,Z_al@pZ.
 by: Colon Sciarra - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 10:55 UTC

mitchr...@gmail.com wrote:

> If light is a particle how can it be absorbed by another?
> What would guide a point particle it to another point particle? They are
> both quantized at the infinitely small.
> Einstein went against his Nobel light particle in 1937 and said he could
> no longer reconcile a wave with a particle.
> His light he said "is a spherical wavelet."

bullshit. There are no "wavelets". What is a wavelet?? Einstine had no
idea. And his father was an alcoholic. He ran not from the nazis of
uKraine, but from his father, an alcoholic. So did I. What's an wavelet??
Fathers are alcoholic.

Re: "Light Is Made of Particles" Implies Invariable Wavelength of Light

<9e680fce-d0ab-46f6-8bfe-b864cf837487n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95715&group=sci.physics.relativity#95715

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 06:25:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: setoke...@gmail.com (Ken Seto)
 by: Ken Seto - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 13:25 UTC

On Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 8:49:19 PM UTC-4, Richard Hertz wrote:
> On Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 9:23:54 PM UTC-3, Pentcho Valev wrote:
> > Richard Feynman: "I want to emphasize that light comes in this form - particles. It is very important to know that light behaves like particles, especially for those of you who have gone to school, where you probably learned something about light behaving like waves. I'm telling you the way it does behave - like particles. You might say that it's just the photomultiplier that detects light as particles, but no, every instrument that has been designed to be sensitive enough to detect weak light has always ended up discovering the same thing: light is made of particles." https://www.amazon.com/QED-Strange-Theory-Light-Matter/dp/0691024170
> >
> > Feynman unwittingly implies that VARIABLE wavelength of light https://youtube.com/watch?v=xsVxC_NR64M is an unrealistic wave-based concept. In Einstein-free physics the wavelength of light will be nothing more than an invariable proportionality coefficient in the formula
> >
> > (frequency) = (speed of light)/(wavelength)
> >
> > By the way, "light is made of particles" also implies variable speed of light as posited by Newton's theory:
> >
> > "Moreover, if light consists of particles, as Einstein had suggested in his paper submitted just thirteen weeks before this one, the second principle seems absurd: A stone thrown from a speeding train can do far more damage than one thrown from a train at rest; the speed of the particle is not independent of the motion of the object emitting it. And if we take light to consist of particles and assume that these particles obey Newton's laws, they will conform to Newtonian relativity and thus automatically account for the null result of the Michelson-Morley experiment without recourse to contracting lengths, local time, or Lorentz transformations. Yet, as we have seen, Einstein resisted the temptation to account for the null result in terms of particles of light and simple, familiar Newtonian ideas, and introduced as his second postulate something that was more or less obvious when thought of in terms of waves in an ether." Banesh Hoffmann, Relativity and Its Roots, p.92 https://www.amazon.com/Relativity-Its-Roots-Banesh-Hoffmann/dp/0486406768

A Photon exists as a wave packet in a structured and elastic aether called the E-Matrix. Photons are generated by the absolute motion of the source source as illustrated on page 33 of my book in the following link:
http://www.modelmechanics.org/2016ibook.pdf