Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 14:19:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Black Friday Sales.
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 22:19 UTC

Pearl Izumi sent me some Black Friday sales brochures so I bought two sets of Pearl Izumi Pro shorts. The one's I have are getting pretty old. The Chinese one's I bought were really good for a month or so and then stopped providing much damping in the crotch. The LG shorts work the same as new but they didn't have all that much padding when new.

The BMC is up on the work stand waiting for a Ritchey seat post to rep-lace that stock one that had carbon fiber teeth holding the saddle in position. Or rather not holding. I bought it from an American seller but the seat post is coming from China so it will be a long while before I'm evaluating the BMC again. Meanwhile, I reset the Tommasini headset tension and I think that it will be good to ride tomorrow if it doesn't rain. It now has all of the 11 speed gears operating fine so I guess I have everything adjusted spot on. It does rattle a little in low low, but I can't get rid of that. Otherwise it is silent. Bless waxed chains.