Nonsense. Space is blue and birds fly through it. -- Heisenberg

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Me? Or Spirit.com?

SubjectAuthor
* Me? Or Spirit.com?Ricky
`* Re: Me? Or Spirit.com?corvid
 `* Re: Me? Or Spirit.com?Ricky
  `* Re: Me? Or Spirit.com?corvid
   `- Re: Me? Or Spirit.com?Ricky

1
Me? Or Spirit.com?

<3eabbd19-77e2-445b-b062-14acbcf9e5cbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95466&group=sci.electronics.design#95466

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 18:17:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Me? Or Spirit.com?
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 01:17 UTC

I fly with Spirit because they have direct flights, on a schedule that suits me and low prices. Of course, you give up a lot with the low prices... a LOT. But it's only a 4 hour flight and I can usually get an exit row that makes up for a lot.

The problem is the web site often doesn't work well, or at all. It often starts with a red background popup that says "An error has occurred..." Click that away and the page typically still works. But sometimes it is just dysfunctional. I try to log in and when I enter my info and click the "Log In" button, it does nothing. Clicking the button again the page is grayed out and becomes unresponsive.

I've done all the usual stuff that is the browser equivalent of "defragging your hard drive", clearing the cache, cookies, restarting, etc. I've tried both Firefox and Chrome. At one time I was able to get Firefox to work, now it has the same malady.

Contacting support is pointless, offering the same advice I've already tried. Sometimes they say the web site is having problems and they are working on it. I've even asked if that is true or if it is just something they are supposed to say. Other times they say the web site is fine and the problem is my end.

Anyone here have a Spirit account? Can you try logging in? I'm not sure what else I can do to get this to work. Their web site even recommends to use a computer browser rather than the phone app. lol

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Me? Or Spirit.com?

<t47map$h9i$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95476&group=sci.electronics.design#95476

From: bl...@ckb.ird (corvid)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Me? Or Spirit.com?
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 19:44:40 -0700
 by: corvid - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 02:44 UTC

On 4/25/22 18:17, Ricky wrote:
> I fly with Spirit because they have direct flights, on a schedule
> that suits me and low prices. Of course, you give up a lot with the
> low prices... a LOT. But it's only a 4 hour flight and I can
> usually get an exit row that makes up for a lot.
>
> The problem is the web site often doesn't work well, or at all. It
> often starts with a red background popup that says "An error has
> occurred..." Click that away and the page typically still works. But
> sometimes it is just dysfunctional. I try to log in and when I enter
> my info and click the "Log In" button, it does nothing. Clicking the
> button again the page is grayed out and becomes unresponsive.
>
> I've done all the usual stuff that is the browser equivalent of
> "defragging your hard drive", clearing the cache, cookies,
> restarting, etc. I've tried both Firefox and Chrome. At one time
> I was able to get Firefox to work, now it has the same malady.
>
> Contacting support is pointless, offering the same advice I've
> already tried. Sometimes they say the web site is having problems
> and they are working on it. I've even asked if that is true or if it
> is just something they are supposed to say. Other times they say
> the web site is fine and the problem is my end.
>
> Anyone here have a Spirit account? Can you try logging in? I'm not
> sure what else I can do to get this to work. Their web site even
> recommends to use a computer browser rather than the phone app. lol

FF91.8.0esr is working everywhere within reach on the site, but I have
no account log in. Some newly loaded pages appear greyed for just the
first 1-2 seconds. My uBlock Origin is blocking Bank of America.

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/ tells me...

X Your web browser is out of date
Out of date web browsers can have security problems and may cause
websites to not work properly.
You have version 91, why not update to version 99?

91 esr is not out of date,
it's the current *extended support release* version.
Version 99 would more likely cause websites to not work properly.
I recommend FFesr.

You might try spoofing a different Firefox version.
about:config -> general.useragent.override -> mozilla/5.0 (macintosh;
intel mac os x 10.15; rv:91.0) gecko/20100101 firefox/91.0

Re: Me? Or Spirit.com?

<29dbfdff-168b-4e0c-a630-31941f532751n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95706&group=sci.electronics.design#95706

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 21:01:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 04:01 UTC

On Monday, April 25, 2022 at 10:44:48 PM UTC-4, corvid wrote:
> On 4/25/22 18:17, Ricky wrote:
> > I fly with Spirit because they have direct flights, on a schedule
> > that suits me and low prices. Of course, you give up a lot with the
> > low prices... a LOT. But it's only a 4 hour flight and I can
> > usually get an exit row that makes up for a lot.
> >
> > The problem is the web site often doesn't work well, or at all. It
> > often starts with a red background popup that says "An error has
> > occurred..." Click that away and the page typically still works. But
> > sometimes it is just dysfunctional. I try to log in and when I enter
> > my info and click the "Log In" button, it does nothing. Clicking the
> > button again the page is grayed out and becomes unresponsive.
> >
> > I've done all the usual stuff that is the browser equivalent of
> > "defragging your hard drive", clearing the cache, cookies,
> > restarting, etc. I've tried both Firefox and Chrome. At one time
> > I was able to get Firefox to work, now it has the same malady.
> >
> > Contacting support is pointless, offering the same advice I've
> > already tried. Sometimes they say the web site is having problems
> > and they are working on it. I've even asked if that is true or if it
> > is just something they are supposed to say. Other times they say
> > the web site is fine and the problem is my end.
> >
> > Anyone here have a Spirit account? Can you try logging in? I'm not
> > sure what else I can do to get this to work. Their web site even
> > recommends to use a computer browser rather than the phone app. lol
> >
> FF91.8.0esr is working everywhere within reach on the site, but I have
> no account log in. Some newly loaded pages appear greyed for just the
> first 1-2 seconds. My uBlock Origin is blocking Bank of America.
>

> https://www.whatismybrowser.com/ tells me...
>
> X Your web browser is out of date
> Out of date web browsers can have security problems and may cause
> websites to not work properly.
> You have version 91, why not update to version 99?
>
> 91 esr is not out of date,
> it's the current *extended support release* version.
> Version 99 would more likely cause websites to not work properly.
> I recommend FFesr.
>
> You might try spoofing a different Firefox version.
> about:config -> general.useragent.override -> mozilla/5.0 (macintosh;
> intel mac os x 10.15; rv:91.0) gecko/20100101 firefox/91.0

Thanks for the ideas. Firefox is reporting version 99.0.1 64 bit. Spirit.com still will not let me log in. I enter the info and click the LOGIN button and it grays momentarily and then returns to normal view. I'm running uBlock Origin, but I have it turned off on this web site. I've cleared "Cookies and site data", no change. I tried to spoof the browser version with no change.

As I've said, this also fails on Chrome, as before.

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Me? Or Spirit.com?

<t4ftdi$1jat$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95715&group=sci.electronics.design#95715

From: bl...@ckb.ird (corvid)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 22:34:42 -0700
 by: corvid - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 05:34 UTC

On 4/28/22 21:01, Ricky wrote:

> Spirit.com still will not let me log in. I enter the info and click
> the LOGIN button and it grays momentarily and then returns to normal
> view. I'm running uBlock Origin, but I have it turned off on this
> web site. I've cleared "Cookies and site data", no change. I tried
> to spoof the browser version with no change.
>
> As I've said, this also fails on Chrome, as before.

spirit.com isn't working so hot for me now. I'm greeted with a greyed
out home page, then "An error has occurred" red banner across the top.
And their fleet is all-Airbus.

Re: Me? Or Spirit.com?

<0e54d495-5f37-4365-a7d5-6c06605ddbf0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95734&group=sci.electronics.design#95734

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 06:14:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 13:14 UTC

On Friday, April 29, 2022 at 1:34:50 AM UTC-4, corvid wrote:
> On 4/28/22 21:01, Ricky wrote:
>
> > Spirit.com still will not let me log in. I enter the info and click
> > the LOGIN button and it grays momentarily and then returns to normal
> > view. I'm running uBlock Origin, but I have it turned off on this
> > web site. I've cleared "Cookies and site data", no change. I tried
> > to spoof the browser version with no change.
> >
> > As I've said, this also fails on Chrome, as before.
> spirit.com isn't working so hot for me now. I'm greeted with a greyed
> out home page, then "An error has occurred" red banner across the top.
> And their fleet is all-Airbus.

Yes, the big, red banner is very common. I don't know the Airbus fleet is very relevant.

Normally I ignore the error banner and it works ok. Now it is just broken.