I'm not sure whether that's actually useful... -- Larry Wall in <199710011704.KAA21395@wall.org>

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?Ricky
`* Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?Commander Kinsey
 `* Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?Ricky
  `* Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?Commander Kinsey
   +* Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?whit3rd
   |`- Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?Commander Kinsey
   `* Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?whit3rd
    `- Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?Commander Kinsey

1
Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?

<e60caae2-8fc4-45a4-b34e-e1e5b7464cd2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95894&group=sci.electronics.design#95894

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 19:27:05 -0700 (PDT)
<op.1kr0r8vvmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <t3hgmc$uer$1@dont-email.me>
<op.1kr309ibmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc3b11FbstlU1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kse3bmqmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc3qs6FeoaeU1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kspziwpmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc473gFgqmrU1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kts1twwmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc5k7fFp6r6U1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kvzpmmlmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc916eFek7hU1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kwefakimvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc9bmrFgdc3U1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kxcojxgmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jcaohkFor88U1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1k5mexwcmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jcme2jF1r17U1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1lfb8qmvmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <abydnYwlV-okhfD_nZ2dnUU7-IWdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
<t4kk64$siq$3@dont-email.me>
Subject: Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Sun, 1 May 2022 02:27 UTC

On Saturday, April 30, 2022 at 8:27:54 PM UTC-4, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
> On 30/04/2022 12:08, Max Demian wrote:

> >> I object to "race". It should be "species".
> >>
> >> In fact officially, "genus" (which is Greek for "race") is anything
> >> that can mate to produce offspring.
> >> Species is more precisely defined.
> >>
> >> For example, a horse and a donkey are different species, but the same
> >> genus or race. They can mate and make offspring.
> >> I have amazon parrots, amazon is a genus or race encompassing about 50
> >> different types. They can all mate with each other, but they look
> >> vastly different, some are twice the size of others. They are
> >> different species.
> >>
> >> Therefore white folk and niggers are a different species, they look
> >> nothing like each other but they can mate, so they're the same race or
> >> genus. Hence the "human race". So if I'm racist I'm being nasty to
> >> aliens. If I call someone a nigger, I'm being speciesist.
> >
> > The offspring of a donkey and a horse is infertile. That's why they are
> > regarded as different species.
> >
> The offspring of lions and tigers are fertile. They are not the same species
> > The human races can all interbreed freely, which is why they are the
> > same species.
> >
> We bred freely with Neanderthals,. Neanderthals are not the same species.

By what definition? I believe we are the same species by normal definitions. We have made a distinction in this case because it hits close to home.

BTW, I can't find any information to support the parrot theory. But some here have described plant species that might be able to interbreed. I'm curious as to what is the basis for calling them different species. If multiple species can interbreed, and are found in the same geographical areas, what keeps them from interbreeding, resulting in a single, merged species?

--

Rick C.

--- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
--- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?

<op.1lg933gbmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95916&group=sci.electronics.design#95916

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Sun, 01 May 2022 08:08:17 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Sun, 1 May 2022 07:08 UTC

On Sun, 01 May 2022 03:27:05 +0100, Ricky <gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, April 30, 2022 at 8:27:54 PM UTC-4, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

>> > The offspring of a donkey and a horse is infertile. That's why they are
>> > regarded as different species.
>> >
>> The offspring of lions and tigers are fertile. They are not the same species
>> > The human races can all interbreed freely, which is why they are the
>> > same species.
>> >
>> We bred freely with Neanderthals,. Neanderthals are not the same species.
>
> By what definition? I believe we are the same species by normal definitions. We have made a distinction in this case because it hits close to home.
>
> BTW, I can't find any information to support the parrot theory.

Then you didn't look very hard. I entered this in Duckduckgo: "amazon parrot species genus interbreed"
The third link is https://www.allaboutparrots.com/can-parrots-crossbreed/ which says:

"While parrots don’t have to be the same species to produce offspring together, they must be closely related.
Most parrots can only interbreed if they belong to the same genus"

There you go. Genus matters. Different genus (Greek for race), no breeding. Different species, breeding ok.
Different species (negro, caucasian, etc), can breed. If they were different races, we couldn't breed with them.

> But some here have described plant species that might be able to interbreed. I'm curious as to what is the basis for calling them different species. If multiple species can interbreed, and are found in the same geographical areas, what keeps them from interbreeding, resulting in a single, merged species?

Personal preference, which is why the whole world isn't the same colour. From the same link above - "Parrots that are physically distinct from one another are less likely to breed. They won’t recognize each other as a potential partner or try to mate with them." Most caucasians like to marry a caucasian. Most Jews like to marry their sister. In the case of plants, different species will be likely to thrive in different conditions, shade, etc. So different ones are less likely to come into contact with each other to breed.

Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?

<a754bedc-423e-4514-abda-d6a090170f73n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95933&group=sci.electronics.design#95933

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 07:21:26 -0700 (PDT)
<t4kk64$siq$3@dont-email.me> <e60caae2-8fc4-45a4-b34e-e1e5b7464cd2n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1lg933gbmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Sun, 1 May 2022 14:21 UTC

On Sunday, May 1, 2022 at 3:08:27 AM UTC-4, Commander Kinsey wrote:
> On Sun, 01 May 2022 03:27:05 +0100, Ricky <gnuarm.del...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> The offspring of lions and tigers are fertile. They are not the same species
> >> >
> >> We bred freely with Neanderthals,. Neanderthals are not the same species.
> >
> > By what definition? I believe we are the same species by normal definitions. We have made a distinction in this case because it hits close to home..
> >
> > BTW, I can't find any information to support the parrot theory.
> Then you didn't look very hard. I entered this in Duckduckgo: "amazon parrot species genus interbreed"
> The third link is https://www.allaboutparrots.com/can-parrots-crossbreed/ which says:
>
> "While parrots don’t have to be the same species to produce offspring together, they must be closely related.
> Most parrots can only interbreed if they belong to the same genus"

"They can also breed with other macaw species, including hybridizations of different species. However, sterility increases with each subsequent generation. A third-generation hybrid macaw has a high chance of being sterile.

Other parrot crossbreeds may be infertile from the first generation. They may also be prone to health issues and early mortality."

Even if the infertility and early mortality doesn't show up until subsequent generations, it is adequate to assure the species can not interbreed and produce viable offspring in the long term. There will always be two, distinct populations which do not interbreed to produce a third.

BTW, I don't see any mention of "blue fronted amazon and a yellow crowned amazon" interbreeding. This was the example you gave and what I searched. Now you are changing your tune.

> There you go. Genus matters. Different genus (Greek for race), no breeding. Different species, breeding ok.
> Different species (negro, caucasian, etc), can breed. If they were different races, we couldn't breed with them.

I like the way you make up your own facts. You do Trmp proud!

> > But some here have described plant species that might be able to interbreed. I'm curious as to what is the basis for calling them different species. If multiple species can interbreed, and are found in the same geographical areas, what keeps them from interbreeding, resulting in a single, merged species?
> Personal preference, which is why the whole world isn't the same colour. From the same link above - "Parrots that are physically distinct from one another are less likely to breed. They won’t recognize each other as a potential partner or try to mate with them." Most caucasians like to marry a caucasian. Most Jews like to marry their sister. In the case of plants, different species will be likely to thrive in different conditions, shade, etc. So different ones are less likely to come into contact with each other to breed.

You, sir, are one sick son of a bitch. Now that I know you better, I won't be replying to any of the sick, twisted posts you make.

--

Rick C.

-+- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
-+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?

<op.1lpjour5mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=96343&group=sci.electronics.design#96343

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Thu, 05 May 2022 19:15:56 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Thu, 5 May 2022 18:15 UTC

On Sun, 01 May 2022 15:21:26 +0100, Ricky <gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, May 1, 2022 at 3:08:27 AM UTC-4, Commander Kinsey wrote:

>> > By what definition? I believe we are the same species by normal definitions. We have made a distinction in this case because it hits close to home.
>> >
>> > BTW, I can't find any information to support the parrot theory.
>> Then you didn't look very hard. I entered this in Duckduckgo: "amazon parrot species genus interbreed"
>> The third link is https://www.allaboutparrots.com/can-parrots-crossbreed/ which says:
>>
>> "While parrots don’t have to be the same species to produce offspring together, they must be closely related.
>> Most parrots can only interbreed if they belong to the same genus"
>
> "They can also breed with other macaw species, including hybridizations of different species. However, sterility increases with each subsequent generation. A third-generation hybrid macaw has a high chance of being sterile.

Maybe that's why we don't have many hybrid human-niggers.

> Other parrot crossbreeds may be infertile from the first generation. They may also be prone to health issues and early mortality."
>
> Even if the infertility and early mortality doesn't show up until subsequent generations, it is adequate to assure the species can not interbreed and produce viable offspring in the long term. There will always be two, distinct populations which do not interbreed to produce a third.
>
> BTW, I don't see any mention of "blue fronted amazon and a yellow crowned amazon" interbreeding. This was the example you gave and what I searched. Now you are changing your tune.

All amazons interbreed. Read more carefully.

>> There you go. Genus matters. Different genus (Greek for race), no breeding. Different species, breeding ok.
>> Different species (negro, caucasian, etc), can breed. If they were different races, we couldn't breed with them.
>
> I like the way you make up your own facts. You do Trmp proud!

You say that like it's an insult. Trump is right wing, which is common sense. Left wing liberals steal form the rich to give to the poor. You are therefore a fucking criminal.

>> > But some here have described plant species that might be able to interbreed. I'm curious as to what is the basis for calling them different species. If multiple species can interbreed, and are found in the same geographical areas, what keeps them from interbreeding, resulting in a single, merged species?
>> Personal preference, which is why the whole world isn't the same colour. From the same link above - "Parrots that are physically distinct from one another are less likely to breed. They won’t recognize each other as a potential partner or try to mate with them." Most caucasians like to marry a caucasian. Most Jews like to marry their sister. In the case of plants, different species will be likely to thrive in different conditions, shade, etc. So different ones are less likely to come into contact with each other to breed.
>
> You, sir, are one sick son of a bitch. Now that I know you better, I won't be replying to any of the sick, twisted posts you make.

What upset you? The FACT that Jews interbreed? They live in small communities. That's why they have poor eyesight and big noses - medical FACT.

Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?

<c7f866d3-bde3-463c-b376-6cea46b00b91n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=96350&group=sci.electronics.design#96350

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 12:20:17 -0700 (PDT)
<op.1lg933gbmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <a754bedc-423e-4514-abda-d6a090170f73n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1lpjour5mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
From: whit...@gmail.com (whit3rd)
 by: whit3rd - Thu, 5 May 2022 19:20 UTC

On Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 11:16:07 AM UTC-7, Commander Kinsey wrote:

> You say that like it's an insult. Trump is right wing, which is common sense. Left wing liberals steal form the rich to give to the poor. You are therefore a fucking criminal.

Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?

<op.1lpm3holmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=96351&group=sci.electronics.design#96351

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Thu, 05 May 2022 20:29:31 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Thu, 5 May 2022 19:29 UTC

On Thu, 05 May 2022 20:20:17 +0100, whit3rd <whit3rd@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 11:16:07 AM UTC-7, Commander Kinsey wrote:
>

>> You say that like it's an insult. Trump is right wing, which is common sense. Left wing liberals steal form the rich to give to the poor. You are therefore a fucking criminal.

Pssst, you're meant to type first.

Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?

<7e37a647-0915-4298-b5fc-a9d59ea160d6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=96352&group=sci.electronics.design#96352

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 12:47:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: whit...@gmail.com (whit3rd)
 by: whit3rd - Thu, 5 May 2022 19:47 UTC

On Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 11:16:07 AM UTC-7, Commander Kinsey wrote:

> You say that like it's an insult. Trump is right wing, which is common sense. Left wing liberals steal form the rich to give to the poor. You are therefore a fucking criminal.

Incoherent nonsense, there. Right wing means associated with the party in power,
which isn't the Donald. Right wing is NOT common sense, because it is not a central
(everyone-agrees) coalition, but... a WING. And whatever isn't-the-Donald must be
what you call left wing liberals, but it's the Donald who's currently under investigation
for fraud, stealing-from-the-rich.

The 'therefore' clause belongs at the end of a chain of reasoning, not at the end of a rant.

Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?

<op.1lwlpmdgmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=96612&group=sci.electronics.design#96612

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Mon, 09 May 2022 14:42:48 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Mon, 9 May 2022 13:42 UTC

On Thu, 05 May 2022 20:47:09 +0100, whit3rd <whit3rd@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 11:16:07 AM UTC-7, Commander Kinsey wrote:
>
>> You say that like it's an insult. Trump is right wing, which is common sense. Left wing liberals steal form the rich to give to the poor. You are therefore a fucking criminal.
>
> Incoherent nonsense, there. Right wing means associated with the party in power,

No, right wing means associated with the right wing party. At the moment Biden is in power, and right wing people are not associated with Biden.

> which isn't the Donald. Right wing is NOT common sense, because it is not a central
> (everyone-agrees) coalition, but... a WING.

Right wing is for the individual. Left wing is for the collective.

> And whatever isn't-the-Donald must be what you call left wing liberals,

Everyone knows Democrats and Liberals means the same thing. Not sure why yanks have several names for one thing.

> but it's the Donald who's currently under investigation for fraud, stealing-from-the-rich.

All politicians are always under investigation. Anyone who becomes a politician and doesn't try to nick something is an idiot. Didn't you ever take paper from the photocopier at work?

> The 'therefore' clause belongs at the end of a chain of reasoning, not at the end of a rant.

What utter bullshit. Therefore talks about a conclusion. That is at the end. You cannot make a conclusion without the prior information.