When you go out to buy, don't show your silver.

interests / sci.anthropology.paleo / Brow ridges: Chimp vs Homo

SubjectAuthor
* Brow ridges: Chimp vs HomoDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
+- Re: Brow ridges: Chimp vs Homolittor...@gmail.com
+* Re: Brow ridges: Chimp vs HomoPrimum Sapienti
|`* Re: Brow ridges: Chimp vs HomoDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
| `* Re: Brow ridges: Chimp vs Homolittor...@gmail.com
|  `* Re: Brow ridges: Chimp vs HomoDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
|   +- Re: Brow ridges: Chimp vs Homolittor...@gmail.com
|   `* Re: Brow ridges: Chimp vs HomoI Envy JTEM
|    `- Re: Brow ridges: Chimp vs HomoDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
+- Re: Brow ridges: Chimp vs HomoDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
+* Re: Brow ridges: Chimp vs HomoDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
|`- Re: Brow ridges: Chimp vs Homolittor...@gmail.com
`- Re: Brow ridges: Chimp vs HomoDD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves

1
Brow ridges: Chimp vs Homo

<fe5e5721-163b-4a41-8a14-059ce7a49ec6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9590&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#9590

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 06:59:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Brow ridges: Chimp vs Homo
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Sun, 23 May 2021 13:59 UTC

Both have them variably, modern humans smaller.
Chimp brow ridges have no eyebrow hair, AMHs have eyebrow hair that in adult males project, ridges probably evolved for upright orthograde stance/suspension in sunny climate.
AFAICT, brow ridges in Homo are distinct from chimp brow ridges.
I think more recent Homo brow ridges developed epigenetically due to habitual carrying domeshields from the forehead on the back, similar to women (Papua, Kalahari) carrying food/kids/ostrich eggshell canteens in net bags on their backs habitually like tumplined backpacks in Tibet. Many groups of humans show signs of cranial deformation, likely due to these behaviors.

Still thinking on this.

(I will ignore any hydrodynamic explanations/claims in this thread, but feel free to espouse them in another thread.)

Re: Brow ridges: Chimp vs Homo

<c9a2c28a-775c-4c9b-9c7d-9b2b1c444c94n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9591&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#9591

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 07:31:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Brow ridges: Chimp vs Homo
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Sun, 23 May 2021 14:31 UTC

:-DDD
DD is carrying domeshields again...
No, my boy, the answer is not so difficult:

SOT (supraorb.torus) = eye-protection.
Human eyebrow (as our other hairs) evolved in littoral Homo,
see my first publications, e.g.
1985 Med.Hypoth.16:17-32 "The aquatic ape theory: evidence and a possible scenario"
1987 Med.Hypoth.24:293-9 "The aquatic ape theory and some common diseases"..

SOT disappeared when modern Homo evolved
- from diving (platycephaly, eyes more in front of brain)
- to wading (high forehead, eyes below the frontal brain),
but the hair distribution didn't change (much).

______

Op zondag 23 mei 2021 om 15:59:26 UTC+2 schreef DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves:
> Both have them variably, modern humans smaller.
> Chimp brow ridges have no eyebrow hair, AMHs have eyebrow hair that in adult males project, ridges probably evolved for upright orthograde stance/suspension in sunny climate.
> AFAICT, brow ridges in Homo are distinct from chimp brow ridges.
> I think more recent Homo brow ridges developed epigenetically due to habitual carrying domeshields from the forehead on the back, similar to women (Papua, Kalahari) carrying food/kids/ostrich eggshell canteens in net bags on their backs habitually like tumplined backpacks in Tibet. Many groups of humans show signs of cranial deformation, likely due to these behaviors.
>
> Still thinking on this.
>
> (I will ignore any hydrodynamic explanations/claims in this thread, but feel free to espouse them in another thread.)

Re: Brow ridges: Chimp vs Homo

<s8fbl0$a51$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9596&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#9596

From: inva...@invalid.invalid (Primum Sapienti)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 22:55:59 -0600
 by: Primum Sapienti - Mon, 24 May 2021 04:55 UTC

DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
> Both have them variably, modern humans smaller.
> Chimp brow ridges have no eyebrow hair, AMHs have eyebrow hair that in adult males project, ridges probably evolved for upright orthograde stance/suspension in sunny climate.
> AFAICT, brow ridges in Homo are distinct from chimp brow ridges.
> I think more recent Homo brow ridges developed epigenetically due to habitual carrying domeshields from the forehead on the back, similar to women (Papua, Kalahari) carrying food/kids/ostrich eggshell canteens in net bags on their backs habitually like tumplined backpacks in Tibet. Many groups of humans show signs of cranial deformation, likely due to these behaviors.
>
> Still thinking on this.
>
> (I will ignore any hydrodynamic explanations/claims in this thread, but feel free to espouse them in another thread.)

Some worthwhile bits here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brow_ridge

"The brow ridge, or supraorbital ridge known as superciliary arch in
medicine, refers
to a bony ridge located above the eye sockets of all primates."

"Normally, in humans, the ridges arch over each eye, offering mechanical
protection.
In other primates, the ridge is usually continuous and often straight
rather than arched."

"Typically, the arches are more prominent in men than in women, and vary
between
different ethnic groups. "

"The bio-mechanical model predicts that morphological variation in torus
size is the direct
product of differential tension caused by mastication, as indicated by an
increase in load/lever ratio and broad craniofacial angle."

"The fossil record indicates that the supraorbital ridge in early hominins
was reduced as
the cranial vault grew; the frontal portion of the brain became positioned
above rather
than behind the eyes, giving a more vertical forehead."

Re: Brow ridges: Chimp vs Homo

<9ad34f29-dd2a-425d-b919-5a18d8cbf0aan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9598&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#9598

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 23:29:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Mon, 24 May 2021 06:29 UTC

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 9:59:26 AM UTC-4, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
> Both have them variably, modern humans smaller.
> Chimp brow ridges have no eyebrow hair, AMHs have eyebrow hair that in adult males project, ridges probably evolved for upright orthograde stance/suspension in sunny climate.
> AFAICT, brow ridges in Homo are distinct from chimp brow ridges.
> I think more recent Homo brow ridges developed epigenetically due to habitual carrying domeshields from the forehead on the back, similar to women (Papua, Kalahari) carrying food/kids/ostrich eggshell canteens in net bags on their backs habitually like tumplined backpacks in Tibet. Many groups of humans show signs of cranial deformation, likely due to these behaviors.
>
> Still thinking on this.
>
> (I will ignore any hydrodynamic explanations/claims in this thread, but feel free to espouse them in another thread.)

Papua net bags, bilum & noken, to carry plantain & kids

https://blog.topindonesiaholidays.com/?p=6972

https://books.google.com/books?id=bLRMAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA326&lpg=PA326&dq=net+bag+woman+water+ostrich+eggshell&source=bl&ots=dEs5nV6Dpj&sig=ACfU3U0uH6jW6nuGrb_l2mZHYCqoqj6X2w&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjR45uh1-HwAhUym-AKHcIQA1oQ6AEwG3oECBwQAg#v=onepage&q=net%20bag%20woman%20water%20ostrich%20eggshell&f=false
Net bags used to carry 20 ostrich egg canteens to store water.

Archaeological remains of decorated and undecorated ostrich eggshell containers in hunter-gatherer contexts in southern Africa date back to 60 000 years ago, firmly establishing them as a hunter-gatherer item ahead of the arrival of farming and pastoralism [49, 93–99]. The historic and ethnographic record shows that they were used for carrying and storing water (amongst the G/wi of the central Kalahari, Botswana [82: 221],! Kung of northern Botswana [81: 122]; southern African Bushmen [100: 143],! Kung of Nyae Nyae, Namibia [56: 77], and the Kalahari Bushmen [101: 28]) (see also [85, 86, 88]) (Fig 10). Two historic records by European travellers of the use of ostrich eggshell water containers by hunter-gathers are noted by [88: 24], by Hans Schinz (1884/1887) of the Kalahari Bushmen and by J..H. Wilhelm of the! Kung Bushmen. We came across only one historic record of this use among southern African pastoralists–Vedder’s observation in 1938 of Nama in Namibia with pottery, wooden milk buckets and ostrich eggshells for water containers [88:30]. No ethnographic accounts were found of their use by either southern African pastoralists or agro-pastoralists. Ostrich eggshell beads, however, are common among all three subsistence groups [102]. We discovered only a handful of ethnographic and historic accounts of the use of ostrich eggshells among African farmers or pastoralists outside of southern Africa (on Konso homestead rooftops in Ethiopia [103], as a symbolic household ornament associated with marriage and fertility among Somali and Tuareg pastoralists [50] and as a cooking fat container by the Ingessa (Gaam), Sudan) [104].

Fig 10

Man filling ostrich eggshells with water for storage, 1945–50, Southern Africa.

We were interested in why, and if, these portable and durable water containers remained an exclusively hunter-gatherer item after the arrival of food production. There is some evidence in the Later Stone Age southern African archaeology that they were used to store materials other than water (ochre [91, 105–107], specularite [93, 108] and ostrich eggshell pieces [109]). Overwhelmingly they are documented as containers for water -“water flasks” [48, 49,100, 110, 111].

They are used on foraging trips, to bring water back to camp and to store water in times of plenty. Buried caches of as many as ‘several hundred’ have been recorded among the G/wi in Botswana for use in the dry season [81] (see also [82, 112]). Marshall [56: 5] notes of the! Kung of Nyae Nyae Namibia, “They took ostrich eggshells filled with water and stayed gathering for two or three days, and returned to /Gam when their shells were empty”. They are items that are personally owned and sometimes engraved to mark ownership [49, 56, 81].

It is in their use as water containers that an argument can be built as to why ostrich eggshells are not a pastoralist or an agro-pastoralist item: they are too small. The capacity of an ostrich eggshell is about 1 litre [56, 81].! Kung families had 8 to 10 eggshell containers each [56]. They are portable and durable, but have the disadvantage of being heavy (about 0.5 kg when empty) [56]. The alternative is to use animal bladders or stomachs which are less popular than ostrich eggshells as they tear easily [81].

Re: Brow ridges: Chimp vs Homo

<1fe71743-516d-4af3-9027-02d0cd367343n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9599&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#9599

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 23:33:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Mon, 24 May 2021 06:33 UTC

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 12:56:02 AM UTC-4, Primum Sapienti wrote:
> DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
> > Both have them variably, modern humans smaller.
> > Chimp brow ridges have no eyebrow hair, AMHs have eyebrow hair that in adult males project, ridges probably evolved for upright orthograde stance/suspension in sunny climate.
> > AFAICT, brow ridges in Homo are distinct from chimp brow ridges.
> > I think more recent Homo brow ridges developed epigenetically due to habitual carrying domeshields from the forehead on the back, similar to women (Papua, Kalahari) carrying food/kids/ostrich eggshell canteens in net bags on their backs habitually like tumplined backpacks in Tibet. Many groups of humans show signs of cranial deformation, likely due to these behaviors.
> >
> > Still thinking on this.
> >
> > (I will ignore any hydrodynamic explanations/claims in this thread, but feel free to espouse them in another thread.)
> >
> Some worthwhile bits here
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brow_ridge
>
> "The brow ridge, or supraorbital ridge known as superciliary arch in
> medicine, refers
> to a bony ridge located above the eye sockets of all primates."
>
> "Normally, in humans, the ridges arch over each eye, offering mechanical
> protection.
> In other primates, the ridge is usually continuous and often straight
> rather than arched."
>
> "Typically, the arches are more prominent in men than in women, and vary
> between
> different ethnic groups. "
>
> "The bio-mechanical model predicts that morphological variation in torus
> size is the direct
> product of differential tension caused by mastication, as indicated by an
> increase in load/lever ratio and broad craniofacial angle."
>
> "The fossil record indicates that the supraorbital ridge in early hominins
> was reduced as
> the cranial vault grew; the frontal portion of the brain became positioned
> above rather
> than behind the eyes, giving a more vertical forehead."

My interest stemmed from the many claims of 'cranial deformation' I came across, and seeking a simple common cause not fashion-dependent.

[...]

<5f364194-a647-42d9-a4ad-ce542121a2cfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9604&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#9604

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 05:22:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Mon, 24 May 2021 12:22 UTC

Op maandag 24 mei 2021 om 08:33:28 UTC+2 schreef DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves:

> My interest stemmed from the many claims of 'cranial deformation' I came across, and seeking a simple common cause not fashion-dependent.
> https://blog.topindonesiaholidays.com/?p=6972

Please explain briefly what you mean with "domeshield".
Water-carrying? Of course they often carried water:
late-Pleistocene H.sapiens was wading: we need lots of fresh water.

_____

> [...]
>
> It is in their use as water containers that an argument can be built as to why ostrich eggshells are not a pastoralist or an agro-pastoralist item: they are too small. The capacity of an ostrich eggshell is about 1 litre [56, 81].! Kung families had 8 to 10 eggshell containers each [56]. They are portable and durable, but have the disadvantage of being heavy (about 0.5 kg when empty) [56]. The alternative is to use animal bladders or stomachs which are less popular than ostrich eggshells as they tear easily [81].

<062013f8-1e57-4ed2-ae92-c5d4eeacef90n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9606&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#9606

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 06:13:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Mon, 24 May 2021 13:13 UTC

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 8:22:51 AM UTC-4, littor...@gmail.com wrote:
> Op maandag 24 mei 2021 om 08:33:28 UTC+2 schreef DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves:
> > My interest stemmed from the many claims of 'cranial deformation' I came across, and seeking a simple common cause not fashion-dependent.
> > https://blog.topindonesiaholidays.com/?p=6972
-

Jtem trolling again, the (masked) murky monkey

> [...]
> >
> > It is in their use as water containers that an argument can be built as to why ostrich eggshells are not a pastoralist or an agro-pastoralist item: they are too small. The capacity of an ostrich eggshell is about 1 litre [56, 81].! Kung families had 8 to 10 eggshell containers each [56]. They are portable and durable, but have the disadvantage of being heavy (about 0.5 kg when empty) [56]. The alternative is to use animal bladders or stomachs which are less popular than ostrich eggshells as they tear easily [81].

<bc1a27b9-931b-4b21-a1c7-79b06231a607n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9608&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#9608

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 10:15:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Mon, 24 May 2021 17:15 UTC

Op maandag 24 mei 2021 om 15:13:53 UTC+2 schreef DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves:

> [...]
> > > https://blog.topindonesiaholidays.com/?p=697

> > Please explain briefly what you mean with "domeshield".
> > Water-carrying? Of course they often carried water:
> > late-Pleistocene H.sapiens was wading: we need lots of fresh water.

> > > Net bags used to carry 20 ostrich egg canteens to store water.
> > > Archaeological remains of decorated & undecorated ostrich eggshell containers in H-G contexts in S-Africa date to 60 ka, firmly establishing them as a H-G item ahead of the arrival of farming & pastoralism. The historic & ethnographic record shows: they were used for carrying & storing water (G/wi of the C-Kalahari, !Kung of N-Botswana, ! Kung of Nyae Nyae, & Kalahari Bushmen. 2 historic records by European travellers of the use of ostrich eggshell water containers by H-Gs are noted: Kalahari Bushmen & !Kung Bushmen. We came across only 1 historic record of this use among S-African pastoralists: Vedder’s observation in 1938 of Nama in Namibia with pottery, wooden milk buckets & ostrich eggshells for water containers. No ethnographic accounts were found of their use by S-African (agro)pastoralists. Ostrich eggshell beads, however, are common among all 3 subsistence groups.. We discovered only a handful of ethnographic & historic accounts of the use of ostrich eggshells among African farmers or pastoralists outside of S-Africa: on Konso homestead rooftops in Ethiopia ; as a symbolic household ornament ass.x marriage & fertility among Somali & Tuareg pastoralists ; as a cooking fat container by the Ingessa (Gaam).
> > > Fig 10 Man filling ostrich eggshells with water for storage, 1945–50, S-Africa.
> > > Why, and if, these portable & durable water containers remained an exclusively H-G item after the arrival of food production? In the LSA S-African archaeology, were they used to store materials other than water? ochre, specularite & ostrich eggshell pieces? Overwhelmingly they are documented as containers for water -“water flasks”.
> > > They are used on foraging trips, to bring water back to camp, and to store water in times of plenty. Buried caches of as many as ‘several 100’ have been recorded among the G/wi in Botswana for use in the dry season. Marshall notes of the !Kung of Nyae Nyae Namibia, “They took ostrich eggshells filled with water, and stayed gathering for 2 or 3 days, and returned to /Gam when their shells were empty”. They are items that are personally owned, sometimes engraved to mark ownership.
> > > Why are ostrich eggshells not a pastoralist or an agro-pastoralist item? they are too small? The capacity of an ostrich eggshell is c 1 litre L.. !Kung families had 8 to 10 eggshell containers each. They are portable & durable, but are heavy, c 0.5 kg when empty. Animal bladders or stomachs are less popular than ostrich eggshells: they tear easily.

H.sapiens: loss of pachyosteosclerosis, longer tibias, basi-cranial flexion (= loss of platycephaly), more anterior For.magnum, eyes directed more inferiorly (under brain, instead of in front of it), very long+caudally-directed proc.spinosi mid-thoracally (stabilizing the back upright) etc.:
IOW, evolution early-Pleist.erectus->late-Pleist.sapiens = diving(salt)->wading(fresh).
But what were they wading for? Mostly freshwater plants? Rice is still humans' most important food.
When (very recently) Bushman & other remote sapiens populations went inland, of course they needed water containers.

This once more shows that only complete idiots still believe erectus ran antelopes to exhaustion.

Re: Brow ridges: Chimp vs Homo

<b8c137f2-fcf4-4161-a292-e1200405c723n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9610&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#9610

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 19:05:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Tue, 25 May 2021 02:05 UTC

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 9:59:26 AM UTC-4, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
> Both have them variably, modern humans smaller.
> Chimp brow ridges have no eyebrow hair, AMHs have eyebrow hair that in adult males project, ridges probably evolved for upright orthograde stance/suspension in sunny climate.
> AFAICT, brow ridges in Homo are distinct from chimp brow ridges.
> I think more recent Homo brow ridges developed epigenetically due to habitual carrying domeshields from the forehead on the back, similar to women (Papua, Kalahari) carrying food/kids/ostrich eggshell canteens in net bags on their backs habitually like tumplined backpacks in Tibet. Many groups of humans show signs of cranial deformation, likely due to these behaviors.
>
> Still thinking on this.
>
> (I will ignore any hydrodynamic explanations/claims in this thread, but feel free to espouse them in another thread.)

Re: Brow ridges: Chimp vs Homo

<4eb3e127-2ea1-41f8-8056-f16fca4ed54en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9613&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#9613

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 03:11:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Tue, 25 May 2021 10:11 UTC

Op dinsdag 25 mei 2021 om 04:05:56 UTC+2 schreef DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves:
> On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 9:59:26 AM UTC-4, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
> > Both have them variably, modern humans smaller.
> > Chimp brow ridges have no eyebrow hair, AMHs have eyebrow hair that in adult males project, ridges probably evolved for upright orthograde stance/suspension in sunny climate.
> > AFAICT, brow ridges in Homo are distinct from chimp brow ridges.
> > I think more recent Homo brow ridges developed epigenetically due to habitual carrying domeshields from the forehead on the back, similar to women (Papua, Kalahari) carrying food/kids/ostrich eggshell canteens in net bags on their backs habitually like tumplined backpacks in Tibet. Many groups of humans show signs of cranial deformation, likely due to these behaviors.
> > Still thinking on this.

:-DDD

Keep thinking my boy.
The solution is simple:
-H.erectus = littoral diving,
-H.sapiens = wading-walking.

Fully explained in my first papers in Medical Hypotheses:
1985 Med Hypoth 16:17-32
"The aquatic ape theory: evidence and a possible scenario"
1987 Med Hypoth 24:293-9
"The aquatic ape theory and some common diseases"

Ceterum censeo only complete imbecils still believe H.erectus ran after antelopes.

Re: Brow ridges: Chimp vs Homo

<119eaa65-d04a-4bfe-82fb-120aac7f81d5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9618&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#9618

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 17:31:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Wed, 26 May 2021 00:31 UTC

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 9:59:26 AM UTC-4, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
> Both have them variably, modern humans smaller.
> Chimp brow ridges have no eyebrow hair, AMHs have eyebrow hair that in adult males project, ridges probably evolved for upright orthograde stance/suspension in sunny climate.
> AFAICT, brow ridges in Homo are distinct from chimp brow ridges.
> I think more recent Homo brow ridges developed epigenetically due to habitual carrying domeshields from the forehead on the back, similar to women (Papua, Kalahari) carrying food/kids/ostrich eggshell canteens in net bags on their backs habitually like tumplined backpacks in Tibet. Many groups of humans show signs of cranial deformation, likely due to these behaviors.
>
> Still thinking on this.
>
> (I will ignore any hydrodynamic explanations/claims in this thread, but feel free to espouse them in another thread.)

Re: Brow ridges: Chimp vs Homo

<3e4a6c10-af87-406f-beb9-6b689eb764f1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9633&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#9633

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 23:10:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: jte...@gmail.com (I Envy JTEM)
 by: I Envy JTEM - Sat, 29 May 2021 06:10 UTC

Cunt, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:

> Jtem trolling again, the (masked) murky monkey

Says the dickwad that sees "Domeshields" everywhere...

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/652268441406996480

Re: Brow ridges: Chimp vs Homo

<d06d58b2-43bf-44cb-97a3-55f1565eefa0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9638&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#9638

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 09:30:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Sat, 29 May 2021 16:30 UTC