"Our vision is to speed up time, eventually eliminating it." -- Alex Schure

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: OT: "Twitter banning Trump is morally wrong and outright stupid"

SubjectAuthor
* OT: "Twitter banning Trump is morally wrong and outright stupid"John Doe
+* Re: OT: "Twitter banning Trump is morally wrong and outright stupid"Ricky
|+- Re: OT: "Twitter banning Trump is morally wrong and outright stupid"bitrex
|`* Re: OT: "Twitter banning Trump is morally wrong and outright stupid"John Doe
| `* Re: OT: "Twitter banning Trump is morally wrong and outright stupid"Ricky
|  `* Re: OT: "Twitter banning Trump is morally wrong and outright stupid"John Doe
|   `- Re: OT: "Twitter banning Trump is morally wrong and outright stupid"Ricky
`- Re: OT: "Twitter banning Trump is morally wrong and outright stupid"John Doe

1
OT: "Twitter banning Trump is morally wrong and outright stupid"

<t5frf2$poi$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=96685&group=sci.electronics.design#96685

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: OT: "Twitter banning Trump is morally wrong and outright stupid"
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 08:17:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Wed, 11 May 2022 08:17 UTC

Elon Musk questioned about Twitter banning Donald Trump.

The video...

https://youtu.be/tqv48fYyDiY

The quote...

https://youtu.be/tqv48fYyDiY?t=106

Re: OT: "Twitter banning Trump is morally wrong and outright stupid"

<585eae51-f2e8-45ed-8587-a494442739e3n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=96688&group=sci.electronics.design#96688

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 06:53:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Wed, 11 May 2022 13:53 UTC

On Wednesday, May 11, 2022 at 4:17:46 AM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
> Elon Musk questioned about Twitter banning Donald Trump.
>
> The video...
>
> https://youtu.be/tqv48fYyDiY
>
> The quote...
>
> https://youtu.be/tqv48fYyDiY?t=106

Musk said the Twitter ban was stupid because it did not "result in Donald Trmp not having a voice". That was never the goal of the Twitter ban, to take away Trmp's voice. It was simply a medium blocking the spread of untruths on that medium. No one medium can control other mediums. But each medium needs to have rules to protect the integrity of the medium. Musk also spoke about, "having a single forum" which Twitter is not. There have always been competing media, even if Twitter is the dominant medium.

Another point, Musk never said he would not enforce rules about content, or bans. He said he did not believe "permanent bans" should be used for anyone other than bots or spam/scam accounts. So that does not mean no bans of any sort. Or maybe "ban" is not the right term. Trmp was cut off from Twitter some times before the permanent ban.

Musk also says the idea that Trmp having his own forum, appealing more to the far right, is worse than Trmp having a voice on Twitter. Clearly Musk, if you can take his statements at face value, does not want to promote Trmp or his ideas, but simply believes the best forum is a completely open forum, giving as much voice to provable lies as it does to truths or opinions.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: OT: "Twitter banning Trump is morally wrong and outright stupid"

<U3XeK.44$x1Wf.42@fx10.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=96719&group=sci.electronics.design#96719

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 18:49:21 -0400
 by: bitrex - Wed, 11 May 2022 22:49 UTC

On 5/11/2022 9:53 AM, Ricky wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 11, 2022 at 4:17:46 AM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
>> Elon Musk questioned about Twitter banning Donald Trump.
>>
>> The video...
>>
>> https://youtu.be/tqv48fYyDiY
>>
>> The quote...
>>
>> https://youtu.be/tqv48fYyDiY?t=106
>
> Musk said the Twitter ban was stupid because it did not "result in Donald Trmp not having a voice". That was never the goal of the Twitter ban, to take away Trmp's voice. It was simply a medium blocking the spread of untruths on that medium. No one medium can control other mediums. But each medium needs to have rules to protect the integrity of the medium. Musk also spoke about, "having a single forum" which Twitter is not. There have always been competing media, even if Twitter is the dominant medium.
>
> Another point, Musk never said he would not enforce rules about content, or bans. He said he did not believe "permanent bans" should be used for anyone other than bots or spam/scam accounts. So that does not mean no bans of any sort. Or maybe "ban" is not the right term. Trmp was cut off from Twitter some times before the permanent ban.
>
> Musk also says the idea that Trmp having his own forum, appealing more to the far right, is worse than Trmp having a voice on Twitter. Clearly Musk, if you can take his statements at face value, does not want to promote Trmp or his ideas, but simply believes the best forum is a completely open forum, giving as much voice to provable lies as it does to truths or opinions.

Elon Musk is a little punk bitch whose family profited from apartheid
and wouldn't save his own mother from drowning if there weren't a buck
in it for him.

Re: OT: "Twitter banning Trump is morally wrong and outright stupid"

<t5i699$936$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=96731&group=sci.electronics.design#96731

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 05:34:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Thu, 12 May 2022 05:34 UTC

Ricky <gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote:

> John Doe wrote:

>> Elon Musk questioned about Twitter banning Donald Trump.
>>
>> The video...
>>
>> https://youtu.be/tqv48fYyDiY
>>
>> The quote...
>>
>> https://youtu.be/tqv48fYyDiY?t=106
>
> Musk said the Twitter ban was stupid because it did not "result in
> Donald Trmp not having a voice".

No. He said it was stupid because it did not accomplish THEIR goals of
keeping Trump from having a voice. You don't have to agree with someone to
criticize their methods.

Re: OT: "Twitter banning Trump is morally wrong and outright stupid"

<t5i6bh$936$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=96732&group=sci.electronics.design#96732

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 05:35:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Thu, 12 May 2022 05:35 UTC

Bozo is a frequent troll.

Bozo Bill Sloman, the most frequent troll in this group, is an attention-
craving chronic liar who cannot be reasoned with...

"the user has posted under the same name in other places, so not
nym-shifting" (Bozo sucks at logic)

"the Mueller investigation was about Trump only because Trump made it so"
(Bozo being Bozo)

"the concepts "male" and "female" are essentially social constructions"
(Bozo is a textbook cannibal leftist)

Re: OT: "Twitter banning Trump is morally wrong and outright stupid"

<7eccd2b0-630c-48d9-a4a7-cfe52d4e2c42n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=96852&group=sci.electronics.design#96852

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 17:21:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Sun, 15 May 2022 00:21 UTC

On Thursday, May 12, 2022 at 1:34:41 AM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
> Ricky <gnuarm.del...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > John Doe wrote:
>
> >> Elon Musk questioned about Twitter banning Donald Trump.
> >>
> >> The video...
> >>
> >> https://youtu.be/tqv48fYyDiY
> >>
> >> The quote...
> >>
> >> https://youtu.be/tqv48fYyDiY?t=106
> >
> > Musk said the Twitter ban was stupid because it did not "result in
> > Donald Trmp not having a voice".
> No. He said it was stupid because it did not accomplish THEIR goals of
> keeping Trump from having a voice. You don't have to agree with someone to
> criticize their methods.

No, that's not what Musk said in that interview. If you heard that, please provide a video time for those words.

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: OT: "Twitter banning Trump is morally wrong and outright stupid"

<t5q2o6$4nr$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=96868&group=sci.electronics.design#96868

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 05:23:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Sun, 15 May 2022 05:23 UTC

Ricky <gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote:

> John Doe wrote:
>> Ricky wrote:

>> > Musk said the Twitter ban was stupid because it did not "result in
>> > Donald Trmp not having a voice".

>> No. He said it was stupid because it did not accomplish THEIR goals of
>> keeping Trump from having a voice. You don't have to agree with someone
>> to criticize their methods.
>
> No, that's not what Musk said in that interview. If you heard that,
> please provide a video time for those words.

Your carmaker, Elon Musk, says Twitter "has a strong left bias...because
it's based in San Francisco".

https://youtu.be/2cNLh1gfQIk?t=130

Your carmaker also says "permanent bans should be reserved for accounts
that are bots or spam/scam accounts where there is no legitimacy to the
account at all".

https://youtu.be/2cNLh1gfQIk?t=410

"It was a morally bad decision, to be clear, and foolish in the extreme."

https://youtu.be/2cNLh1gfQIk?t=531

Your carmaker does not have the same goal as Twitter, to silence Donald
Trump. He was just criticizing THEIR methods.

Given the truth-hostile interviewer (a guy that would promote military
stocks even if that meant blowing up his own mother), Elon Musk was quite
bold in that interview.

Re: OT: "Twitter banning Trump is morally wrong and outright stupid"

<92f445df-e5d3-46a9-974c-931c8d991c2dn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=96903&group=sci.electronics.design#96903

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 07:47:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Sun, 15 May 2022 14:47 UTC

On Sunday, May 15, 2022 at 1:23:25 AM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
> Ricky <gnuarm.del...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > John Doe wrote:

> >> No. He said it was stupid because it did not accomplish THEIR goals of
> >> keeping Trump from having a voice. You don't have to agree with someone
> >> to criticize their methods.
> >
> > No, that's not what Musk said in that interview. If you heard that,
> > please provide a video time for those words.
> Your carmaker, Elon Musk, says Twitter "has a strong left bias...because
> it's based in San Francisco".
>
> https://youtu.be/2cNLh1gfQIk?t=130
>
> Your carmaker also says "permanent bans should be reserved for accounts
> that are bots or spam/scam accounts where there is no legitimacy to the
> account at all".
>
> https://youtu.be/2cNLh1gfQIk?t=410
>
> "It was a morally bad decision, to be clear, and foolish in the extreme."
>
> https://youtu.be/2cNLh1gfQIk?t=531
>
> Your carmaker does not have the same goal as Twitter, to silence Donald
> Trump. He was just criticizing THEIR methods.
>
> Given the truth-hostile interviewer (a guy that would promote military
> stocks even if that meant blowing up his own mother), Elon Musk was quite
> bold in that interview.

There's no evidence Twitter has any agenda regarding Trmp. They took action based on a member's behavior. Trmp is not the only person banned for not following the rules. No one said anything about Twitter having an agenda. No one has the ability to silence the Trmp. They simply removed him from that one medium because he was incapable of following the rules.

You posted a number of isolated quotes without any indication of how they add up to your conclusion. That's because your conclusion is faulty. But I suppose you can see into the hearts of Musk and Twitter unlike us mere mortals.

I honestly think this is the most rational I've seen you in a discussion.