"355/113 -- Not the famous irrational number PI, but an incredible simulation!"

tech / sci.electronics.design / OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headed

SubjectAuthor
* OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headedRicky
+* Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headedbitrex
|`* Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headedJohn Larkin
| `- Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headedDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
+* Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headedClive Arthur
|+- Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headedJohn Larkin
|+- Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headedRicky
|`- Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headedJohn Doe
+- Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headedDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
`* Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headedJohn Doe
 `* Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headedRicky
  `* Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headedJohn Doe
   `- Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headedwhit3rd

1
OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headed

<ef98d1ad-1337-499e-abce-14934ad1effdn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=96999&group=sci.electronics.design#96999

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 13:38:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headed
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Mon, 16 May 2022 20:38 UTC

DeSantis seems to be floundering around with the Disney tax district. He wants to hurt Disney so badly, he is willing to make everyone in Florida pay the bill. What world leader does that remind you of?

Now DeSantis is talking about the state taking over governing the properties and debts, rather than foisting it on the counties. If you lived in Tallahassee, would you want YOUR taxes to go up to pay for the debt incurred by the special tax district around Disney?

How is this guy going to get elected to dog catcher, much less President?

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headed

<pWygK.60134$qMI1.51684@fx96.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97001&group=sci.electronics.design#97001

Subject: Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headed
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 16:58:59 -0400
 by: bitrex - Mon, 16 May 2022 20:58 UTC

On 5/16/2022 4:38 PM, Ricky wrote:
> DeSantis seems to be floundering around with the Disney tax district. He wants to hurt Disney so badly, he is willing to make everyone in Florida pay the bill. What world leader does that remind you of?
>
> Now DeSantis is talking about the state taking over governing the properties and debts, rather than foisting it on the counties. If you lived in Tallahassee, would you want YOUR taxes to go up to pay for the debt incurred by the special tax district around Disney?
>
> How is this guy going to get elected to dog catcher, much less President?

He's betting moral panic about the Cee R Teee in schools and trans
people in sports will overwhelm conservative voter's cares with respect
to everything else.

I'd say there's a decent chance he's making a solid bet

Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headed

<gsg58hh0jnas0o02cutnai09hiaobqb346@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97002&group=sci.electronics.design#97002

From: jlar...@highland_atwork_technology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 14:36:12 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Mon, 16 May 2022 21:36 UTC

On Mon, 16 May 2022 16:58:59 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

>On 5/16/2022 4:38 PM, Ricky wrote:
>> DeSantis seems to be floundering around with the Disney tax district. He wants to hurt Disney so badly, he is willing to make everyone in Florida pay the bill. What world leader does that remind you of?
>>
>> Now DeSantis is talking about the state taking over governing the properties and debts, rather than foisting it on the counties. If you lived in Tallahassee, would you want YOUR taxes to go up to pay for the debt incurred by the special tax district around Disney?
>>
>> How is this guy going to get elected to dog catcher, much less President?
>>

>He's betting moral panic about the Cee R Teee in schools and trans
>people in sports will overwhelm conservative voter's cares with respect
>to everything else.
>
>I'd say there's a decent chance he's making a solid bet

Let's punish him by sentencing him to 8 years in the White House.

--

If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end with doubts,
but if he will be content to begin with doubts he shall end in certainties.

Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headed

<t5uirm$69u$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97006&group=sci.electronics.design#97006

From: cli...@nowaytoday.co.uk (Clive Arthur)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 23:22:43 +0100
 by: Clive Arthur - Mon, 16 May 2022 22:22 UTC

On 16/05/2022 21:38, Ricky wrote:
> DeSantis seems to be floundering around with the Disney tax district. He wants to hurt Disney so badly, he is willing to make everyone in Florida pay the bill. What world leader does that remind you of?
>
> Now DeSantis is talking about the state taking over governing the properties and debts, rather than foisting it on the counties. If you lived in Tallahassee, would you want YOUR taxes to go up to pay for the debt incurred by the special tax district around Disney?
>
> How is this guy going to get elected to dog catcher, much less President?

In common with most of the world (yes, there is one outside the US), I
don't know what you're typing about, and I don't care.

--
Cheers
Clive

Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headed

<t5uji3$1e09$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97007&group=sci.electronics.design#97007

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 22:34:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Mon, 16 May 2022 22:34 UTC

Ricky <gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote in

> DeSantis seems to be floundering around with the Disney tax
> district. He wants to hurt Disney so badly, he is willing to make
> everyone in Florida pay the bill. What world leader does that
> remind you of?
>
> Now DeSantis is talking about the state taking over governing the
> properties and debts, rather than foisting it on the counties. If
> you lived in Tallahassee, would you want YOUR taxes to go up to
> pay for the debt incurred by the special tax district around
> Disney?
>
> How is this guy going to get elected to dog catcher, much less
> President?

He has been caught by the dog catcher of US close scrutiny.
Shame that could not have happened in 2015 to another idiot.
A lot of farms were lost.

Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headed

<t5ujl1$1e09$2@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97008&group=sci.electronics.design#97008

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 22:36:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Mon, 16 May 2022 22:36 UTC

John Larkin <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote in

> On Mon, 16 May 2022 16:58:59 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net>
> wrote:
>
>>On 5/16/2022 4:38 PM, Ricky wrote:
>>> DeSantis seems to be floundering around with the Disney tax
>>> district. He wants to hurt Disney so badly, he is willing to
>>> make everyone in Florida pay the bill. What world leader does
>>> that remind you of?
>>>
>>> Now DeSantis is talking about the state taking over governing
>>> the properties and debts, rather than foisting it on the
>>> counties. If you lived in Tallahassee, would you want YOUR
>>> taxes to go up to pay for the debt incurred by the special tax
>>> district around Disney?
>>>
>>> How is this guy going to get elected to dog catcher, much less
>>> President?
>>>

>>He's betting moral panic about the Cee R Teee in schools and trans
>>people in sports will overwhelm conservative voter's cares with
>>respect to everything else.
>>
>>I'd say there's a decent chance he's making a solid bet
>
> Let's punish him by sentencing him to 8 years in the White House.

I was thinking more like twenty down at GITMO in the baking heat.

Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headed

<atn58hpvtgabd40qlo5fa7eivrvgckl6pl@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97011&group=sci.electronics.design#97011

From: jlar...@highland_atwork_technology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 16:35:23 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Mon, 16 May 2022 23:35 UTC

On Mon, 16 May 2022 23:22:43 +0100, Clive Arthur
<clive@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote:

>On 16/05/2022 21:38, Ricky wrote:
>> DeSantis seems to be floundering around with the Disney tax district. He wants to hurt Disney so badly, he is willing to make everyone in Florida pay the bill. What world leader does that remind you of?
>>
>> Now DeSantis is talking about the state taking over governing the properties and debts, rather than foisting it on the counties. If you lived in Tallahassee, would you want YOUR taxes to go up to pay for the debt incurred by the special tax district around Disney?
>>
>> How is this guy going to get elected to dog catcher, much less President?
>>

>In common with most of the world (yes, there is one outside the US), I
>don't know what you're typing about, and I don't care.

Of course you care.

--

If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end with doubts,
but if he will be content to begin with doubts he shall end in certainties.
Francis Bacon

Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headed

<e6431f88-f821-41d0-a692-7c926667d0d4n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97018&group=sci.electronics.design#97018

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 20:46:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Tue, 17 May 2022 03:46 UTC

On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 6:22:52 PM UTC-4, Clive Arthur wrote:
> On 16/05/2022 21:38, Ricky wrote:
> > DeSantis seems to be floundering around with the Disney tax district. He wants to hurt Disney so badly, he is willing to make everyone in Florida pay the bill. What world leader does that remind you of?
> >
> > Now DeSantis is talking about the state taking over governing the properties and debts, rather than foisting it on the counties. If you lived in Tallahassee, would you want YOUR taxes to go up to pay for the debt incurred by the special tax district around Disney?
> >
> > How is this guy going to get elected to dog catcher, much less President?
> >
> In common with most of the world (yes, there is one outside the US), I
> don't know what you're typing about, and I don't care.

Ok, so why did you feel the need to respond? Seems very silly to make a comment about something you don't care about? Are you fully rational?

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headed

<t6002b$ks$4@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97033&group=sci.electronics.design#97033

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 11:14:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Tue, 17 May 2022 11:14 UTC

Clive Arthur <clive@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote:

> Ricky wrote:

>> DeSantis seems to be floundering around with the Disney tax district.
>> He wants to hurt Disney so badly, he is willing to make everyone in
>> Florida pay the bill. What world leader does that remind you of?
>>
>> Now DeSantis is talking about the state taking over governing the
>> properties and debts, rather than foisting it on the counties. If you
>> lived in Tallahassee, would you want YOUR taxes to go up to pay for the
>> debt incurred by the special tax district around Disney?
>>
>> How is this guy going to get elected to dog catcher, much less
>> President?
>
> In common with most of the world (yes, there is one outside the US), I
> don't know what you're typing about, and I don't care.

I wish that were true for anybody else in the world.

Seems like EVERYBODY in the world loves to stick their filthy noses into
America's business. Here on USENET it's a little more difficult for you
all to do the masquerade, but it's a VERY big thing on YouTube where
almost everybody is unknown, extremely few recognizable personas.

Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headed

<t600i4$ks$5@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97034&group=sci.electronics.design#97034

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 11:22:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Tue, 17 May 2022 11:22 UTC

Ricky <gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote:

> DeSantis seems to be floundering around with the Disney tax district.
> He wants to hurt Disney so badly, he is willing to make everyone in
> Florida pay the bill.

A company that purports to entertain children shouldn't be promoting
wretchedly foul practices aimed at children.

If the cannibal left starts mutilating children before they reach puberty,
like trying to prevent boys from developing a physical advantage over
girls, someday they will regret it.

Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headed

<d666a892-3f9f-464e-8d54-66d08a346748n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97076&group=sci.electronics.design#97076

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 17:50:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Wed, 18 May 2022 00:50 UTC

On Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 7:22:51 AM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
> Ricky <gnuarm.del...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > DeSantis seems to be floundering around with the Disney tax district.
> > He wants to hurt Disney so badly, he is willing to make everyone in
> > Florida pay the bill.
> A company that purports to entertain children shouldn't be promoting
> wretchedly foul practices aimed at children.
>
> If the cannibal left starts mutilating children before they reach puberty,
> like trying to prevent boys from developing a physical advantage over
> girls, someday they will regret it.

So you support the idea of the State of Florida taking on the debt of the special tax district they are abolishing? I take it you don't live in Florida?

If the state takes over the debt, it's only $50 each for every man, woman and child. If they push it to the counties the district is in, the price tag will be a LOT higher per capita. You are good with this?

--

Rick C.

-- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headed

<t62jff$8ju$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97088&group=sci.electronics.design#97088

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 10:57:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Wed, 18 May 2022 10:57 UTC

Ricky <gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote:

> John Doe wrote:
>> Ricky wrote:
>>
>> > DeSantis seems to be floundering around with the Disney tax district.
>> > He wants to hurt Disney so badly, he is willing to make everyone in
>> > Florida pay the bill.

>> A company that purports to entertain children shouldn't be promoting
>> wretchedly foul practices aimed at children.
>>
>> If the cannibal left starts mutilating children before they reach
>> puberty, like trying to prevent boys from developing a physical
>> advantage over girls, someday they will regret it.
>
> So you support the idea of the State of Florida taking on the debt of
> the special tax district they are abolishing? I take it you don't live
> in Florida?

That should be in the subject line...

"Non-Americans welcome, but only if you live in Florida."

> If the state takes over the debt, it's only $50 each for every man,
> woman and child. If they push it to the counties the district is in,
> the price tag will be a LOT higher per capita. You are good with this?

Apparently plenty of Floridians are upset with Disney, for the reasons I
stated above. Floridians sound reasonable to me, money is not their only
concern in life. Besides, I wouldn't assume the OP's claims.

The OP is pushing an EXTREME agenda. YouTube comments prove that. Almost
nobody in real life agrees with the cannibal left on these issues, only
people who couldn't care less about anything.

Re: OT: DeSantis has no idea where he's headed

<90422075-d160-45cb-bb12-0041af841e8en@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97123&group=sci.electronics.design#97123

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 16:20:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: whit...@gmail.com (whit3rd)
 by: whit3rd - Wed, 18 May 2022 23:20 UTC

On Wednesday, May 18, 2022 at 3:57:58 AM UTC-7, John Doe wrote:

> The OP is pushing an EXTREME agenda.

Who cares if it's extreme, if it's good?

> YouTube comments prove that.

It's easy to pack YouTube comments, they aren't much of a proof of anything.

>Almost
> nobody in real life agrees with the cannibal left on these issues, only
> people who couldn't care less about anything.

And since the 'cannibal left' are nonexistent, thus unavailable to comment,
that's TRUE. But, not interesting. We can all 'not care less'.