Real Users never know what they want, but they always know when your program doesn't deliver it.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / On my ride today.

SubjectAuthor
* On my ride today.Tom Kunich
+- Re: On my ride today.Frank Krygowski
`- Re: On my ride today.Jeff Liebermann

1
On my ride today.

<51271782-bacf-43f8-aec8-10d99c861c51n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97118&group=rec.bicycles.tech#97118

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 19:40:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: On my ride today.
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 11 Dec 2023 03:40 UTC

I could see some guy coming up real fast. That was no surprise since today I was so slow that a snail could have passed me. He passed me up and then slowed down. He recognized my bike from Facebook. I didn't know him because he asked if I was Tom Kunich and mispronounced my name.

Turns out that he is yet another of the invisible people on this group that aren't about to comment because of the stupid 3.

I almost died laughing when he told me that Liebermann accused me of destroying his reputation. Hey, Liebermann, WHAT reputation? Your reputation of lying about anything and everything? Like the mud covering the dam you say isn't there despite the signs saying "Keep Out Deep Mud"? Or how about your 12 foot thick roads from being repaved? I suppose having a reputation of being a laughing stock is true. But I certainly am not trying to destroy that..

You don't believe that there is 10 times more readers than people making comments? All you have to do is look at the top of the page where it shows the number of views.

Re: On my ride today.

<ul62nc$31g25$11@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97129&group=rec.bicycles.tech#97129

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: On my ride today.
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 23:20:59 -0500
 by: Frank Krygowski - Mon, 11 Dec 2023 04:20 UTC

On 12/10/2023 10:40 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> ... Like the mud covering the dam you say isn't there despite the signs saying "Keep Out Deep Mud"?

Can you show us a photo of that sign? We know you have a camera.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: On my ride today.

<ij8dni1b6fhr8m06p667o99bcoo6b5r7bo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97134&group=rec.bicycles.tech#97134

From: jef...@cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 22:19:45 -0800
 by: Jeff Liebermann - Mon, 11 Dec 2023 06:19 UTC

On Sun, 10 Dec 2023 19:40:11 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>I could see some guy coming up real fast. That was no surprise since today I was so slow that a snail could have passed me. He passed me up and then slowed down. He recognized my bike from Facebook.

Ummm, what Photos?
<https://www.facebook.com/thomas.kunich.7/photos>
Sorry, wrong Tom Kunich. Maybe this one?
<https://www.facebook.com/thomas.kunich.1/photos>
For a moment, I thought you might have done another disappearing act,
like you did with your Strava pages. I don't think I could recognize
any of those bicycles, but maybe "some guy" has a better memory for
tiny details.

>I didn't know him because he asked if I was Tom Kunich and mispronounced my name.

He should have asked if you were "the" Tom Kunich. There can be only
one.

>Turns out that he is yet another of the invisible people on this group that aren't about to comment because of the stupid 3.

Ah, the silent minority. Permit me to show you something on Google
Groups. If you display any thread, you'll find the number of readers
that have read any article in the thread near the top of the list of
articles in the thread. For example, the current thread of "On my
ride today." currently shows 4 views:
<https://groups.google.com/g/rec.bicycles.tech/c/0_RkpGnYGKc>
As more people read articles in the thread, the number will increase.
However, it doesn't count unique views. If I refresh my screen
several times, it increments the count each time. It's not an
accurate indication of your popularity, but better than nothing.
Enjoy. Looks like I raised the count to 8 views.

>I almost died laughing when he told me that Liebermann accused
>me of destroying his reputation.

That's odd. In answer to your question of why am I in RBT, I answered
something like "To destroy your reputation". Now, you claim it's the
other way around. Are you having identity problems such as when you
declared that your father was actually a 2nd brother?

>Hey, Liebermann, WHAT reputation? Your reputation of lying about
>anything and everything?

Same problem again. You're the liar, not me. The difference is that
I can demonstrate that you're lying while all you can do is accuse.

>Like the mud covering the dam you say isn't there despite the signs
>saying "Keep Out Deep Mud"?

I forgot about the sign. Along with the photos and locations of the
EV meltdowns and giant mud hole, please include a photo and location
of the sign. Incidentally, it's your responsibility to prove your
claims, not mine.

>Or how about your 12 foot thick roads from being repaved?

Well, how about it. Where did I write that and what did I actually
write? I never mentioned anything 12 feet thick.

>I suppose having a reputation of being a laughing stock is true.
>But I certainly am not trying to destroy that.
>
>You don't believe that there is 10 times more readers than people
>making comments? All you have to do is look at the top of the page
>where it shows the number of views.

There may have been 10 times as many readers in the distant past.
However, you have chased all but the die hards away. What will you do
when they all go elsewhere?
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_chamber_(media)>
"In news media and social media, an echo chamber is an environment or
ecosystem in which participants encounter beliefs that amplify or
reinforce their preexisting beliefs by communication and repetition
inside a closed system and insulated from rebuttal."

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272