Kiss your keyboard goodbye!

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?Ricky
+* Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?Martin Brown
|+- Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?rbowman
|`* Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?Commander Kinsey
| `* Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?Ricky
|  +* Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?rbowman
|  |+* Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?rbowman
|  ||`- Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?Mike Monett
|  |`- Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?none
|  `- Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?Commander Kinsey
`- Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?Commander Kinsey

1
Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?

<fe88f054-f998-48c8-acbb-91f60db35729n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95833&group=sci.electronics.design#95833

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 06:43:01 -0700 (PDT)
<op.1kr309ibmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc3b11FbstlU1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kse3bmqmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc3qs6FeoaeU1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kspziwpmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc473gFgqmrU1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kts1twwmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc5k7fFp6r6U1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kvzpmmlmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc916eFek7hU1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kwefakimvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc9bmrFgdc3U1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kxcojxgmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jcaohkFor88U1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1k5mexwcmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jcme2jF1r17U1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1lfb8qmvmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <abydnYwlV-okhfD_nZ2dnUU7-IWdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
<op.1lfq14o2mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
Subject: Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 13:43 UTC

On Saturday, April 30, 2022 at 7:19:16 AM UTC-4, Commander Kinsey wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Apr 2022 12:08:42 +0100, Max Demian <max_d...@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> >> I object to "race". It should be "species".
> >>
> >> In fact officially, "genus" (which is Greek for "race") is anything that
> >> can mate to produce offspring.
> >> Species is more precisely defined.
> >>
> >> For example, a horse and a donkey are different species, but the same
> >> genus or race. They can mate and make offspring.
> >> I have amazon parrots, amazon is a genus or race encompassing about 50
> >> different types. They can all mate with each other, but they look
> >> vastly different, some are twice the size of others. They are different
> >> species.
> >>
> >> Therefore white folk and niggers are a different species, they look
> >> nothing like each other but they can mate, so they're the same race or
> >> genus. Hence the "human race". So if I'm racist I'm being nasty to
> >> aliens. If I call someone a nigger, I'm being speciesist.
> >
> > The offspring of a donkey and a horse is infertile. That's why they are
> > regarded as different species.
> >
> > The human races can all interbreed freely, which is why they are the
> > same species.
> Incorrect. A blue fronted amazon and a yellow crowned amazon are the same genus but different species. They produce offspring that are fertile, just like two different types of dog.
>
> Again, different species, breeding ok. Different genus/race, breeding not ok. Since we can breed with niggers, they must be the same genus/race. So "nigger" cannot be racist.

Your failure is to actually read about the definition of species and breeding. Yes, there are separate species that can interbreed, but they must be separated spatially, typically by geography. Breeding has NOTHING to do with the genus level of taxonomy.

"Chimpanzees and bonobos have interbred several times since their populations split a few million years ago, and the bonobo genome also carries DNA that seems to have come from a third, unidentified species."

<https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelmarshalleurope/2018/08/28/a-long-busted-myth-its-not-true-that-animals-belonging-to-different-species-can-never-interbreed/?sh=5f4c44823e65>

The idea of interbreeding is typically a species related matter, but not absolute.

Your idiotic rantings about blacks being a different species from whites is your own idea and not supported by biology in any way.

I could guess about where you picked up these ideas, as I'm certain they are not your own, original thoughts. But no point in guessing about such an inconsequential matter. You are doomed to live in ignorance for your entire life. I hope the world treats you appropriately.

--

Rick C.

++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?

<t4jopt$1p15$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95847&group=sci.electronics.design#95847

From: '''newsp...@nonad.co.uk (Martin Brown)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 17:40:28 +0100
<op.1kr309ibmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc3b11FbstlU1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kse3bmqmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc3qs6FeoaeU1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kspziwpmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc473gFgqmrU1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kts1twwmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc5k7fFp6r6U1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kvzpmmlmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc916eFek7hU1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kwefakimvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc9bmrFgdc3U1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kxcojxgmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jcaohkFor88U1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1k5mexwcmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jcme2jF1r17U1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1lfb8qmvmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<abydnYwlV-okhfD_nZ2dnUU7-IWdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
<op.1lfq14o2mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<fe88f054-f998-48c8-acbb-91f60db35729n@googlegroups.com>
 by: Martin Brown - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 16:40 UTC

On 30/04/2022 14:43, Ricky wrote:

> Your failure is to actually read about the definition of species and
> breeding. Yes, there are separate species that can interbreed, but
> they must be separated spatially, typically by geography. Breeding
> has NOTHING to do with the genus level of taxonomy.

In animals perhaps, although there are commercially very important
intergeneric plant hybrids in horticulture. The majority of echeveria
type succulent plants in garden centres these days are of that sort. It
allows a much wider range of shapes, colours and vigour in the crosses.

https://succulentscientific.blogspot.com/2018/07/hybrids-cross-breeding.html

Leyland cyprus (x Cupressocyparis leylandii) is one such intergeneric
cross and it sometimes sets viable seed although more usually propagates
by cuttings. Vigorous enough to have a law about growing it in the UK!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15018807

It is the source of endless neighbour disputes.

> Your idiotic rantings about blacks being a different species from
> whites is your own idea and not supported by biology in any way.

+1

But then the OP is an idiot racist troll (and lives under a bridge).

Native black Africans are in fact almost pure Homo sapiens - it is the
all rest of us that are slightly Neanderthal or Denisoven (and possibly
a few traces of other ancient blood lines of now extinct Homo species).

https://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics/ancient-dna-and-neanderthals/interbreeding

Denisovan DNA mostly shows up in the Far East - hardly any in Europeans.

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/indigenous-filipino-group-has-highest-known-denisovan-ancestry-69089

Eurasian DNA ranges from 1-4% Neanderthal. It is a useful scientific
fact for rubbing the noses of pig ignorant white racists in.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?

<jd5flrFt9laU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95857&group=sci.electronics.design#95857

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 13:06:38 -0600
<op.1kr309ibmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc3b11FbstlU1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kse3bmqmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc3qs6FeoaeU1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kspziwpmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc473gFgqmrU1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kts1twwmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc5k7fFp6r6U1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kvzpmmlmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc916eFek7hU1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kwefakimvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc9bmrFgdc3U1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1kxcojxgmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jcaohkFor88U1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1k5mexwcmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jcme2jF1r17U1@mid.individual.net>
<op.1lfb8qmvmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<abydnYwlV-okhfD_nZ2dnUU7-IWdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
<op.1lfq14o2mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<fe88f054-f998-48c8-acbb-91f60db35729n@googlegroups.com>
<t4jopt$1p15$1@gioia.aioe.org>
 by: rbowman - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 19:06 UTC

On 04/30/2022 10:40 AM, Martin Brown wrote:
> Eurasian DNA ranges from 1-4% Neanderthal. It is a useful scientific
> fact for rubbing the noses of pig ignorant white racists in.

Neanderthal And Proud! That provided the hybrid vigor the rest of the
world sadly lacks.

Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?

<op.1lgklvk6mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95870&group=sci.electronics.design#95870

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 22:57:21 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 21:57 UTC

On Sat, 30 Apr 2022 14:43:01 +0100, Ricky <gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, April 30, 2022 at 7:19:16 AM UTC-4, Commander Kinsey wrote:

>> > The offspring of a donkey and a horse is infertile. That's why they are
>> > regarded as different species.
>> >
>> > The human races can all interbreed freely, which is why they are the
>> > same species.
>> Incorrect. A blue fronted amazon and a yellow crowned amazon are the same genus but different species. They produce offspring that are fertile, just like two different types of dog.
>>
>> Again, different species, breeding ok. Different genus/race, breeding not ok. Since we can breed with niggers, they must be the same genus/race. So "nigger" cannot be racist.
>
> Your failure is to actually read about the definition of species and breeding. Yes, there are separate species that can interbreed, but they must be separated spatially, typically by geography.

Oh look, niggers and caucasians started seperated until we got planes and boats.

> Breeding has NOTHING to do with the genus level of taxonomy.

It's the very definition of genus. And in humans, the human RACE it's called. Race is English for the Greek word genus.

> "Chimpanzees and bonobos have interbred several times since their populations split a few million years ago, and the bonobo genome also carries DNA that seems to have come from a third, unidentified species."
>
> <https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelmarshalleurope/2018/08/28/a-long-busted-myth-its-not-true-that-animals-belonging-to-different-species-can-never-interbreed/?sh=5f4c44823e65>
>
> The idea of interbreeding is typically a species related matter, but not absolute.
>
> Your idiotic rantings about blacks being a different species from whites is your own idea and not supported by biology in any way.
>
> I could guess about where you picked up these ideas, as I'm certain they are not your own, original thoughts. But no point in guessing about such an inconsequential matter. You are doomed to live in ignorance for your entire life. I hope the world treats you appropriately.

They are identical to what happens with my amazon parrots. All amazon parrots are one genus. Each one is a different species. All can make fertile babies. Just like all the different human species.

Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?

<op.1lgkrvt2mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95871&group=sci.electronics.design#95871

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 23:00:57 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 22:00 UTC

On Sat, 30 Apr 2022 17:40:28 +0100, Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote:

> On 30/04/2022 14:43, Ricky wrote:
>
>> Your failure is to actually read about the definition of species and
>> breeding. Yes, there are separate species that can interbreed, but
>> they must be separated spatially, typically by geography. Breeding
>> has NOTHING to do with the genus level of taxonomy.
>
> In animals perhaps, although there are commercially very important
> intergeneric plant hybrids in horticulture. The majority of echeveria
> type succulent plants in garden centres these days are of that sort. It
> allows a much wider range of shapes, colours and vigour in the crosses.
>
> https://succulentscientific.blogspot.com/2018/07/hybrids-cross-breeding.html
>
> Leyland cyprus (x Cupressocyparis leylandii) is one such intergeneric
> cross and it sometimes sets viable seed although more usually propagates
> by cuttings. Vigorous enough to have a law about growing it in the UK!
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15018807
>
> It is the source of endless neighbour disputes.

You must have stupid neighbours. I had one of those hedges between me and two seperate neighbours. The most that ever happened was one asking if I would mind cutting it a bit shorter as she couldn't reach the top and was unstable on a ladder. I obliged. Maybe you should try being nice to other people?

>> Your idiotic rantings about blacks being a different species from
>> whites is your own idea and not supported by biology in any way.
>
> +1
>
> But then the OP is an idiot racist troll (and lives under a bridge).

No, I'm speciesist. Because the stats show niggers and mozzies and jews all shoot each other.

> Native black Africans are in fact almost pure Homo sapiens - it is the
> all rest of us that are slightly Neanderthal or Denisoven (and possibly
> a few traces of other ancient blood lines of now extinct Homo species).

Neanderthals were apparently very intelligent, which is maybe why we beat niggers in everything requiring the brain. Nigeria, IQ 65. That's lower than an alsation dog.

> https://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics/ancient-dna-and-neanderthals/interbreeding
>
> Denisovan DNA mostly shows up in the Far East - hardly any in Europeans.
>
> https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/indigenous-filipino-group-has-highest-known-denisovan-ancestry-69089
>
> Eurasian DNA ranges from 1-4% Neanderthal. It is a useful scientific
> fact for rubbing the noses of pig ignorant white racists in.

I'm not speciesist by colour, but by looks and intelligence. I don't like hairy stupid people. I actually prefer Japanese/Chinese to my own species.

Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?

<c72c6080-1877-4649-bcc6-67ca78670411n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95895&group=sci.electronics.design#95895

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 19:30:11 -0700 (PDT)
<fe88f054-f998-48c8-acbb-91f60db35729n@googlegroups.com> <t4jopt$1p15$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<op.1lgkrvt2mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Sun, 1 May 2022 02:30 UTC

On Saturday, April 30, 2022 at 6:01:08 PM UTC-4, Commander Kinsey wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Apr 2022 17:40:28 +0100, Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On 30/04/2022 14:43, Ricky wrote:
> >
> >> Your failure is to actually read about the definition of species and
> >> breeding. Yes, there are separate species that can interbreed, but
> >> they must be separated spatially, typically by geography. Breeding
> >> has NOTHING to do with the genus level of taxonomy.
> >
> > In animals perhaps, although there are commercially very important
> > intergeneric plant hybrids in horticulture. The majority of echeveria
> > type succulent plants in garden centres these days are of that sort. It
> > allows a much wider range of shapes, colours and vigour in the crosses.
> >
> > https://succulentscientific.blogspot.com/2018/07/hybrids-cross-breeding..html
> >
> > Leyland cyprus (x Cupressocyparis leylandii) is one such intergeneric
> > cross and it sometimes sets viable seed although more usually propagates
> > by cuttings. Vigorous enough to have a law about growing it in the UK!
> >
> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15018807
> >
> > It is the source of endless neighbour disputes.
> You must have stupid neighbours. I had one of those hedges between me and two seperate neighbours. The most that ever happened was one asking if I would mind cutting it a bit shorter as she couldn't reach the top and was unstable on a ladder. I obliged. Maybe you should try being nice to other people?
> >> Your idiotic rantings about blacks being a different species from
> >> whites is your own idea and not supported by biology in any way.
> >
> > +1
> >
> > But then the OP is an idiot racist troll (and lives under a bridge).
> No, I'm speciesist. Because the stats show niggers and mozzies and jews all shoot each other.
> > Native black Africans are in fact almost pure Homo sapiens - it is the
> > all rest of us that are slightly Neanderthal or Denisoven (and possibly
> > a few traces of other ancient blood lines of now extinct Homo species).
> Neanderthals were apparently very intelligent, which is maybe why we beat niggers in everything requiring the brain. Nigeria, IQ 65. That's lower than an alsation dog.
> > https://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics/ancient-dna-and-neanderthals/interbreeding
> >
> > Denisovan DNA mostly shows up in the Far East - hardly any in Europeans..
> >
> > https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/indigenous-filipino-group-has-highest-known-denisovan-ancestry-69089
> >
> > Eurasian DNA ranges from 1-4% Neanderthal. It is a useful scientific
> > fact for rubbing the noses of pig ignorant white racists in.
> I'm not speciesist by colour, but by looks and intelligence. I don't like hairy stupid people. I actually prefer Japanese/Chinese to my own species.

We are actually all the same species, but I'm sure virtually every race on this earth is happy to exclude you... including the *alsatian* dogs.

--

Rick C.

--+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
--+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?

<jd6kliF5c2qU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95911&group=sci.electronics.design#95911

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 23:37:57 -0600
<jc3qs6FeoaeU1@mid.individual.net> <op.1kspziwpmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<jc473gFgqmrU1@mid.individual.net> <op.1kts1twwmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<jc5k7fFp6r6U1@mid.individual.net> <op.1kvzpmmlmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<jc916eFek7hU1@mid.individual.net> <op.1kwefakimvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<jc9bmrFgdc3U1@mid.individual.net> <op.1kxcojxgmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<jcaohkFor88U1@mid.individual.net> <op.1k5mexwcmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<jcme2jF1r17U1@mid.individual.net> <op.1lfb8qmvmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<abydnYwlV-okhfD_nZ2dnUU7-IWdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
<op.1lfq14o2mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<fe88f054-f998-48c8-acbb-91f60db35729n@googlegroups.com>
<t4jopt$1p15$1@gioia.aioe.org> <op.1lgkrvt2mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<c72c6080-1877-4649-bcc6-67ca78670411n@googlegroups.com>
<f915eb8f-87de-4d70-94ba-3cce03653794n@googlegroups.com>
 by: rbowman - Sun, 1 May 2022 05:37 UTC

On 04/30/2022 09:22 PM, Anthony William Sloman wrote:
> The proposition that Africans had a lower IQ than Europeans is roughly as stupid. The original IQ tests weren't culture-free, and because they were created by Europeans, non-Europeans didn't score as well on them as they should have done. Raceists haven't noticed.

I recall reformulated IQ tests like the BITCH (I didn't name it) and the
Chitlin. There was one attempt that had the embarrassing result of Asian
kids doing better than the target audience.

I'm not a fan of IQ tests but if there is a correlation between measured
IQ and success in the 21st century cultural bias doesn't matter. In
other words if you can't cut it in the prevailing culture, sorry.

Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?

<op.1lg97zn2mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95917&group=sci.electronics.design#95917

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Sun, 01 May 2022 08:10:37 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Sun, 1 May 2022 07:10 UTC

On Sun, 01 May 2022 03:30:11 +0100, Ricky <gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, April 30, 2022 at 6:01:08 PM UTC-4, Commander Kinsey wrote:

>> > In animals perhaps, although there are commercially very important
>> > intergeneric plant hybrids in horticulture. The majority of echeveria
>> > type succulent plants in garden centres these days are of that sort. It
>> > allows a much wider range of shapes, colours and vigour in the crosses.
>> >
>> > https://succulentscientific.blogspot.com/2018/07/hybrids-cross-breeding.html
>> >
>> > Leyland cyprus (x Cupressocyparis leylandii) is one such intergeneric
>> > cross and it sometimes sets viable seed although more usually propagates
>> > by cuttings. Vigorous enough to have a law about growing it in the UK!
>> >
>> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15018807
>> >
>> > It is the source of endless neighbour disputes.
>> You must have stupid neighbours. I had one of those hedges between me and two seperate neighbours. The most that ever happened was one asking if I would mind cutting it a bit shorter as she couldn't reach the top and was unstable on a ladder. I obliged. Maybe you should try being nice to other people?
>> >
>> > +1
>> >
>> > But then the OP is an idiot racist troll (and lives under a bridge).
>> No, I'm speciesist. Because the stats show niggers and mozzies and jews all shoot each other.
>> > Native black Africans are in fact almost pure Homo sapiens - it is the
>> > all rest of us that are slightly Neanderthal or Denisoven (and possibly
>> > a few traces of other ancient blood lines of now extinct Homo species).
>> Neanderthals were apparently very intelligent, which is maybe why we beat niggers in everything requiring the brain. Nigeria, IQ 65. That's lower than an alsation dog.
>> > https://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics/ancient-dna-and-neanderthals/interbreeding
>> >
>> > Denisovan DNA mostly shows up in the Far East - hardly any in Europeans.
>> >
>> > https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/indigenous-filipino-group-has-highest-known-denisovan-ancestry-69089
>> >
>> > Eurasian DNA ranges from 1-4% Neanderthal. It is a useful scientific
>> > fact for rubbing the noses of pig ignorant white racists in.
>> I'm not speciesist by colour, but by looks and intelligence. I don't like hairy stupid people. I actually prefer Japanese/Chinese to my own species.
>
> We are actually all the same species, but I'm sure virtually every race on this earth is happy to exclude you... including the *alsatian* dogs.

Go take Biology 101. Why do you think people say "the human race" not "the human species"?

And the Welsh will have sex with me. Or anything.

Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?

<jd8417Fe54bU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95946&group=sci.electronics.design#95946

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 13:06:20 -0600
<jc3qs6FeoaeU1@mid.individual.net> <op.1kspziwpmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<jc473gFgqmrU1@mid.individual.net> <op.1kts1twwmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<jc5k7fFp6r6U1@mid.individual.net> <op.1kvzpmmlmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<jc916eFek7hU1@mid.individual.net> <op.1kwefakimvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<jc9bmrFgdc3U1@mid.individual.net> <op.1kxcojxgmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<jcaohkFor88U1@mid.individual.net> <op.1k5mexwcmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<jcme2jF1r17U1@mid.individual.net> <op.1lfb8qmvmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<abydnYwlV-okhfD_nZ2dnUU7-IWdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>
<op.1lfq14o2mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<fe88f054-f998-48c8-acbb-91f60db35729n@googlegroups.com>
<t4jopt$1p15$1@gioia.aioe.org> <op.1lgkrvt2mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
<c72c6080-1877-4649-bcc6-67ca78670411n@googlegroups.com>
<f915eb8f-87de-4d70-94ba-3cce03653794n@googlegroups.com>
<jd6kliF5c2qU1@mid.individual.net>
<4e580593-7d2a-4883-8644-625355b7e386n@googlegroups.com>
 by: rbowman - Sun, 1 May 2022 19:06 UTC

On 05/01/2022 12:43 AM, Anthony William Sloman wrote:
> The actual data they'd looked at demonstrated that the people they were dismissing as low in IQ had been well aware that it wasn't a good idea to do well on IQ tests, and had skipped large chunks of the tests. This was just one of many instances of incompetence that showed up.

Do you think someone who skips large chunks of a test would make a good
employee?

Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?

<XnsAE8AD27FB5679idtokenpost@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=95955&group=sci.electronics.design#95955

From: spa...@not.com (Mike Monett)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 00:41:34 -0000 (UTC)
References: <op.1kl2tgobmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <op.1kse3bmqmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc3qs6FeoaeU1@mid.individual.net> <op.1kspziwpmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc473gFgqmrU1@mid.individual.net> <op.1kts1twwmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc5k7fFp6r6U1@mid.individual.net> <op.1kvzpmmlmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc916eFek7hU1@mid.individual.net> <op.1kwefakimvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jc9bmrFgdc3U1@mid.individual.net> <op.1kxcojxgmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jcaohkFor88U1@mid.individual.net> <op.1k5mexwcmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <jcme2jF1r17U1@mid.individual.net> <op.1lfb8qmvmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <abydnYwlV-okhfD_nZ2dnUU7-IWdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk> <op.1lfq14o2mvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <fe88f054-f998-48c8-acbb-91f60db35729n@googlegroups.com> <t4jopt$1p15$1@gioia.aioe.org> <op.1lgkrvt2mvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <c72c6080-1877-4649-bcc6-67ca78670411n@googlegroups.com> <f915eb8f-87de-4d70-94ba-3cce03653794n@googlegroups.com> <jd6kliF5c2qU1@mid.individual.net> <4e580593-7d2a-4883-8644-625355b7e386n@googlegroups.com> <jd8417Fe54bU2@mid.individual.net>
 by: Mike Monett - Mon, 2 May 2022 00:41 UTC

rbowman <bowman@montana.com> wrote:

> On 05/01/2022 12:43 AM, Anthony William Sloman wrote:
>> The actual data they'd looked at demonstrated that the people they were
>> dismissing as low in IQ had been well aware that it wasn't a good idea
>> to do well on IQ tests, and had skipped large chunks of the tests. This
>> was just one of many instances of incompetence that showed up.
>
> Do you think someone who skips large chunks of a test would make a good
> employee?

You seem to have a large number of opinions abouty everything under the sun.
Except about electronics.

I hereby give you a giant PLONK award to stop your incessant babbling.

--
MRM

Re: Where can I buy a large analogue meter?

<nnd$16aa3806$68e456d1@4ab810c07b6f603e>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97141&group=sci.electronics.design#97141

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: alb...@cherry (none)
Originator: albert@cherry.(none) (albert)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 10:25:03 +0200
 by: none - Thu, 19 May 2022 08:25 UTC

In article <jd6kliF5c2qU1@mid.individual.net>,
rbowman <bowman@montana.com> wrote:
>On 04/30/2022 09:22 PM, Anthony William Sloman wrote:
>> The proposition that Africans had a lower IQ than Europeans is roughly
>as stupid. The original IQ tests weren't culture-free, and because they
>were created by Europeans, non-Europeans didn't score as well on them as
>they should have done. Raceists haven't noticed.
>
>I recall reformulated IQ tests like the BITCH (I didn't name it) and the
>Chitlin. There was one attempt that had the embarrassing result of Asian
>kids doing better than the target audience.

IQ has much to do with upbringing. The training that goes with learning
Chinese has a positive effect. You will also note that cultural Jews
in the USA (mostly atheist by the way) do much better that the average
hillbilly.

>I'm not a fan of IQ tests but if there is a correlation between measured
>IQ and success in the 21st century cultural bias doesn't matter. In
>other words if you can't cut it in the prevailing culture, sorry.

There is not much stress to difference in IQ. My take is that
you cannot function in an organisation that has a level 20 points
lower than you (or for that matter 20 points higher).

Groetjes Albert
--
"in our communism country Viet Nam, people are forced to be
alive and in the western country like US, people are free to