Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 01:40:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: homin(o)id evolution in short
From: littoral...@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 08:40 UTC

My view today in short.
Early-Miocene hominoids dispersed in Tethys coastal forests, wading bipedally & climbing arms overhead,
their diet included shallow-water plants (sedges, "rice") & perhaps also hard-shelled foods, e.g. mangrove oysters.
These "aquarboreal" apes evolved larger body, vertical spine, centrally-placed spine, very broad sternjm, broad throax-pelvis, longer arms, tail loss.
First, hylobatids followed the Ind.Ocean coasts, they later (when pongids followed?) became wholly arboreal again, but now below-branch brachiators.

About 15 Ma, the Mesopotamian Seaway closure split dryopiths-hominids (Med.Sea) & sivapiths-pongids (Ind.Ocean).
Some hominids followed the Red Sea to the Gulf:
- 10-7 Ma, the Gorilla branch followed the Rift: fossil subgenus Praeanthropus afarensis...boisei,
- 6-4 Ma, Homo & Pan split:
-- the Pan branch followed the E.Afr.coasts: fossil subgenus Australopithecus africanus...robustus,
-- Homo followed the Ind.Ocean coasts + frequent diving for shellfish
= AAT s.s. = Littoral Theory, probably early-Pleistocene:
stone tools, island colonizations, large brain, fur loss, SC fat, eccrine glands, pachyosteosclerosis, platycephaly, platymeria, platypelloidy, ear exostoses, supra-orbital torus, full plantigrady etc.

Meanwhile, E & S.Afr.apiths evolved partly in parallel from Pliocene "gracile" to Pleistocene "robust":
-Praeanthropus-Gorilla (inland) were largely herbi(sedgi?)vorous,
-Australopithecus-Pan (initially coast) had also harder foods in their diet.

Google
"ape human evolution made easy PPT Verhaegen".

Re: homin(o)id evolution in short

<1af148c1-f337-4e9e-9b3e-9a2cfa6ea7b9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9735&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#9735

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 01:42:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: homin(o)id evolution in short
From: daud.de...@gmail.com (DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves)
 by: DD'eDeN aka not - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 08:42 UTC

On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 4:40:04 AM UTC-4, littor...@gmail.com wrote:
> My view today in short.
> Early-Miocene hominoids dispersed in Tethys coastal forests, wading bipedally & climbing arms overhead,
> their diet included shallow-water plants (sedges, "rice") & perhaps also hard-shelled foods, e.g. mangrove oysters.
> These "aquarboreal" apes evolved larger body, vertical spine, centrally-placed spine, very broad sternjm, broad throax-pelvis, longer arms, tail loss.
> First, hylobatids followed the Ind.Ocean coasts, they later (when pongids followed?) became wholly arboreal again, but now below-branch brachiators.
>
> About 15 Ma, the Mesopotamian Seaway closure split dryopiths-hominids (Med.Sea) & sivapiths-pongids (Ind.Ocean).
> Some hominids followed the Red Sea to the Gulf:
> - 10-7 Ma, the Gorilla branch followed the Rift: fossil subgenus Praeanthropus afarensis...boisei,
> - 6-4 Ma, Homo & Pan split:
> -- the Pan branch followed the E.Afr.coasts: fossil subgenus Australopithecus africanus...robustus,
> -- Homo followed the Ind.Ocean coasts + frequent diving for shellfish
> = AAT s.s. = Littoral Theory, probably early-Pleistocene:
> stone tools, island colonizations, large brain, fur loss, SC fat, eccrine glands, pachyosteosclerosis, platycephaly, platymeria, platypelloidy, ear exostoses, supra-orbital torus, full plantigrady etc.
>
> Meanwhile, E & S.Afr.apiths evolved partly in parallel from Pliocene "gracile" to Pleistocene "robust":
> -Praeanthropus-Gorilla (inland) were largely herbi(sedgi?)vorous,
> -Australopithecus-Pan (initially coast) had also harder foods in their diet.
>
> Google
> "ape human evolution made easy PPT Verhaegen".
---

Bird eggs, turtles, nuts, invertebrates (grubs, shrimp, molluscs)...