Neutrinos are into physicists.

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Any Tesla driver here?

SubjectAuthor
* Any Tesla driver here?Jeroen Belleman
+* Re: Any Tesla driver here?John Larkin
|`* Re: Any Tesla driver here?Ricky
| +* Re: Any Tesla driver here?Cydrome Leader
| |+* Re: Any Tesla driver here?John Larkin
| ||`* Re: Any Tesla driver here?bitrex
| || +* Re: Any Tesla driver here?bitrex
| || `- Re: Any Tesla driver here?rbowman
| |`* Re: Any Tesla driver here?Ricky
| | `* Re: Any Tesla driver here?Jeroen Belleman
| |  `- Re: Any Tesla driver here?Don Y
| `* Re: Any Tesla driver here?Cursitor Doom
|  `- Re: Any Tesla driver here?DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
+- Re: Any Tesla driver here?Ricky
+* Re: Any Tesla driver here?Martin Brown
|+- Re: Any Tesla driver here?Phil Hobbs
|`* Re: Any Tesla driver here?Cursitor Doom
| +- Re: Any Tesla driver here?Ricky
| +- Re: Any Tesla driver here?DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
| `* Re: Any Tesla driver here?John Doe
|  `* Re: Any Tesla driver here?Edward Hernandez
|   `* Re: Any Tesla driver here?John Doe
|    `- Re: Any Tesla driver here?Edward Hernandez
+* Re: Any Tesla driver here?Don Y
|`* Re: Any Tesla driver here?Jasen Betts
| `- Re: Any Tesla driver here?Don Y
+* Re: Any Tesla driver here?Jeff Layman
|`- Re: Any Tesla driver here?Don Y
+* Re: Any Tesla driver here?bitrex
|+* Re: Any Tesla driver here?jlarkin
||`* Re: Any Tesla driver here?Joe Gwinn
|| +* Re: Any Tesla driver here?Ricky
|| |`* Re: Any Tesla driver here?Lasse Langwadt Christensen
|| | `- Re: Any Tesla driver here?Ricky
|| `- Re: Any Tesla driver here?John Doe
|`* Re: Any Tesla driver here?jlarkin
| +* Re: Any Tesla driver here?bitrex
| |`* Re: Any Tesla driver here?jlarkin
| | `* Re: Any Tesla driver here?bitrex
| |  `* Re: Any Tesla driver here?jlarkin
| |   +* Re: Any Tesla driver here?bitrex
| |   |`- Re: Any Tesla driver here?Lasse Langwadt Christensen
| |   `- Re: Any Tesla driver here?bitrex
| `- Re: Any Tesla driver here?Ricky
+* Re: Any Tesla driver here?bitrex
|`- Re: Any Tesla driver here?Ricky
`- Re: Any Tesla driver here?John Doe

Pages:123
Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<VXOhK.2213$Rvub.1151@fx35.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97267&group=sci.electronics.design#97267

Subject: Re: Any Tesla driver here?
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 12:01:56 -0400
 by: bitrex - Fri, 20 May 2022 16:01 UTC

On 5/20/2022 11:34 AM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Fri, 20 May 2022 11:17:39 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:
>
>> On 5/19/2022 1:59 PM, Jeroen Belleman wrote:
>>> Any Tesla drivers here? I heard of this silly incident where
>>> someone forced the hatch shut by hand rather than pushing the
>>> button, and by doing so immobilized the car. Apparently, when
>>> you do that, it believes the hatch is still open and refuses
>>> to move. Don't you love modern cars?
>>>
>>> Comments?
>>

>> Yeah, in other news Elon Musk has been a Republican for less than 48
>> hours and he already has a hush-money sexual harassment case against
>> him.
>
> He apparently propositioned a woman. I'm sure none of the guys here
> would ever do anything so evil.

No, I don't tend to characterize any type of consensual human sexual
relations as "evil" or care what people do in the privacy of their own
homes, it's not my business in a fine free country such as this. It
seems though there is some question as to whether he "exposed himself"
or not, and whether this exposure came before or after the other party
did or did not agree to it.

If the other party answered in the affirmative to the exposure after it
and/or whatever activities were proposed then I surely have no problem
with this.

> The alleged incident was in 2018. Within 48 hours of becoming a
> Republican, the scandal is public.

I certainly wouldn't defend an employee who'd only worked for me for 48
hours without all the facts I know that, but political affiliation is
somewhat different situation I guess..

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<t68ekl$caf$1@reader1.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97269&group=sci.electronics.design#97269

From: prese...@MUNGEpanix.com (Cydrome Leader)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 16:12:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Cydrome Leader - Fri, 20 May 2022 16:12 UTC

Don Y <blockedofcourse@foo.invalid> wrote:
> On 5/19/2022 6:46 PM, bitrex wrote:
>>> Mind you to my reading this option doesn't use the existing HVAC ducting to
>>> manage fragrance, it has its own set of fragrance-management blowers and
>>> ductwork.
>>
>> This isn't a joke btw folks, I'm not shitting you it's a real option
>
> Neighbor's vehicle has a Peltier cooler built in (to keep your beer
> cold while driving?)
>
> There are trucks with running boards that automatically raise/lower to
> make boarding/disbarking more convenient.

I never figured that crap out. If you're 400 pounds and can't climb a
step, you don't need a truck that rides 2 feet off the ground.

And nobody needs a plastic geartrain. All that nonsense was garbage pushed
by the manufacturers as stuff to break or just be another useless feature.

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<c5a079e6-27d7-9e3d-05e1-ade502c08696@electrooptical.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97271&group=sci.electronics.design#97271

From: pcdhSpam...@electrooptical.net (Phil Hobbs)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 12:20:03 -0400
 by: Phil Hobbs - Fri, 20 May 2022 16:20 UTC

Cydrome Leader wrote:
> Don Y <blockedofcourse@foo.invalid> wrote:
>>>
>>> This isn't a joke btw folks, I'm not shitting you it's a real option
>>
>> Neighbor's vehicle has a Peltier cooler built in (to keep your beer
>> cold while driving?)
>>
>> There are trucks with running boards that automatically raise/lower to
>> make boarding/disbarking more convenient.
>
> I never figured that crap out. If you're 400 pounds and can't climb a
> step, you don't need a truck that rides 2 feet off the ground.

But your better half might be five-feet-nothing, and not want to have to
climb up that high in her Saturday night goin'-ta-town dress. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

(Whose better half is an even foot less tall than he is.)

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<svgf8hp0fiph6pisssod5rlbv7dranvs0n@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97273&group=sci.electronics.design#97273

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 09:41:56 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Fri, 20 May 2022 16:41 UTC

On Fri, 20 May 2022 12:01:56 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

>On 5/20/2022 11:34 AM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

>>> Yeah, in other news Elon Musk has been a Republican for less than 48
>>> hours and he already has a hush-money sexual harassment case against
>>> him.
>>
>> He apparently propositioned a woman. I'm sure none of the guys here
>> would ever do anything so evil.
>
>No, I don't tend to characterize any type of consensual human sexual
>relations as "evil" or care what people do in the privacy of their own
>homes, it's not my business in a fine free country such as this. It
>seems though there is some question as to whether he "exposed himself"
>or not, and whether this exposure came before or after the other party
>did or did not agree to it.

She knew she would be giving him a full-body massage, and was being
paid to do it.

His behavior was tasteless and pathetic, but legal and fairly
predictable.

She got a quarter megabuck for an hour's work. Probably now more for
selling her story.

--

Anybody can count to one.

- Robert Widlar

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<t69guh$dfr$1@reader1.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97320&group=sci.electronics.design#97320

From: prese...@MUNGEpanix.com (Cydrome Leader)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 01:57:38 -0000 (UTC)
References: <t660hr$1714$1@gioia.aioe.org> <r02d8h53i53olj0gr6u8ms78srhkiolpli@4ax.com> <784936e9-2348-432b-9d85-3c1acdc5d4f0n@googlegroups.com> <t66e0p$9gp$1@reader1.panix.com> <tuhd8hlchh0uh6q1ksljlrc141k94s884d@4ax.com> <ZiChK.4067$5fVf.3452@fx09.iad> <iqChK.488$NAs.347@fx04.iad> <t6704t$eol$1@dont-email.me> <t68ekl$caf$1@reader1.panix.com> <c5a079e6-27d7-9e3d-05e1-ade502c08696@electrooptical.net>
 by: Cydrome Leader - Sat, 21 May 2022 01:57 UTC

Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamMeSenseless@electrooptical.net> wrote:
> Cydrome Leader wrote:
>> Don Y <blockedofcourse@foo.invalid> wrote:

>>> Neighbor's vehicle has a Peltier cooler built in (to keep your beer
>>> cold while driving?)
>>>
>>> There are trucks with running boards that automatically raise/lower to
>>> make boarding/disbarking more convenient.
>>
>> I never figured that crap out. If you're 400 pounds and can't climb a
>> step, you don't need a truck that rides 2 feet off the ground.
>
> But your better half might be five-feet-nothing, and not want to have to
> climb up that high in her Saturday night goin'-ta-town dress. ;)
>
> Cheers
>
> Phil Hobbs
>
> (Whose better half is an even foot less tall than he is.)

Like I was hinting at before, If you're hauling around cripples or what
not, toss them in the back, or get a van with a wheelchair lift. The
powered running boards are just pure nonsense.

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<rN5iK.4149$J0r9.3287@fx11.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97380&group=sci.electronics.design#97380

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 09:27:49 -0400
 by: bitrex - Sat, 21 May 2022 13:27 UTC

On 5/20/2022 12:41 PM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Fri, 20 May 2022 12:01:56 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

>>> He apparently propositioned a woman. I'm sure none of the guys here
>>> would ever do anything so evil.
>>
>> No, I don't tend to characterize any type of consensual human sexual
>> relations as "evil" or care what people do in the privacy of their own
>> homes, it's not my business in a fine free country such as this. It
>> seems though there is some question as to whether he "exposed himself"
>> or not, and whether this exposure came before or after the other party
>> did or did not agree to it.
>
> She knew she would be giving him a full-body massage, and was being
> paid to do it.
>
> His behavior was tasteless and pathetic, but legal and fairly
> predictable.
>
> She got a quarter megabuck for an hour's work. Probably now more for
> selling her story.

He's a shrewd one, he knows that by joining team MAGA he'll have a lot
of Americans who believe there's a global conspiracy of fabulously
wealthy elite Satan-worshiping sexual predators:

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon>

Get together to help defend the wealthiest alleged sexual predator in
the world. It makes perfect sense!

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<bw6iK.20$CBlb.8@fx42.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97384&group=sci.electronics.design#97384

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 10:17:42 -0400
 by: bitrex - Sat, 21 May 2022 14:17 UTC

On 5/19/2022 1:59 PM, Jeroen Belleman wrote:
> Any Tesla drivers here? I heard of this silly incident where
> someone forced the hatch shut by hand rather than pushing the
> button, and by doing so immobilized the car. Apparently, when
> you do that, it believes the hatch is still open and refuses
> to move. Don't you love modern cars?
>
> Comments?
>
> Jeroen --the driver should always have the final word-- Belleman

Cool feature:

<https://twitter.com/mjarchie1/status/1527708021903609857>

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<b8th8hlc92rgjo5ejlg90ugd5apjrm6jqo@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97385&group=sci.electronics.design#97385

From: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 07:21:29 -0700
 by: jlar...@highlandsniptechnology.com - Sat, 21 May 2022 14:21 UTC

On Sat, 21 May 2022 09:27:49 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

>On 5/20/2022 12:41 PM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

>>> No, I don't tend to characterize any type of consensual human sexual
>>> relations as "evil" or care what people do in the privacy of their own
>>> homes, it's not my business in a fine free country such as this. It
>>> seems though there is some question as to whether he "exposed himself"
>>> or not, and whether this exposure came before or after the other party
>>> did or did not agree to it.
>>
>> She knew she would be giving him a full-body massage, and was being
>> paid to do it.
>>
>> His behavior was tasteless and pathetic, but legal and fairly
>> predictable.
>>
>> She got a quarter megabuck for an hour's work. Probably now more for
>> selling her story.
>>

>He's a shrewd one, he knows that by joining team MAGA he'll have a lot
>of Americans who believe there's a global conspiracy of fabulously
>wealthy elite Satan-worshiping sexual predators:
>
><https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon>
>
>Get together to help defend the wealthiest alleged sexual predator in
>the world. It makes perfect sense!

Asking for sex makes you a predator? And I do mean you.

--

Anybody can count to one.

- Robert Widlar

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<HafiK.667$8T.34@fx40.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97420&group=sci.electronics.design#97420

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 20:09:09 -0400
 by: bitrex - Sun, 22 May 2022 00:09 UTC

On 5/21/2022 10:21 AM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Sat, 21 May 2022 09:27:49 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

>>> She knew she would be giving him a full-body massage, and was being
>>> paid to do it.
>>>
>>> His behavior was tasteless and pathetic, but legal and fairly
>>> predictable.
>>>
>>> She got a quarter megabuck for an hour's work. Probably now more for
>>> selling her story.
>>>

>> He's a shrewd one, he knows that by joining team MAGA he'll have a lot
>> of Americans who believe there's a global conspiracy of fabulously
>> wealthy elite Satan-worshiping sexual predators:
>>
>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon>
>>
>> Get together to help defend the wealthiest alleged sexual predator in
>> the world. It makes perfect sense!
>
> Asking for sex makes you a predator? And I do mean you.

Touching someone sexually or exposing yourself to them without their
permission could (it's claimed he did this), asking for sex in exchange
for a horse just makes you a john, which is illegal in most
jurisdictions in the US, what jurisdiction transatlantic private flights
fall under on that I'm not sure offhand.

Can't say I've ever asked anyone I didn't know very well "for sex" in
that kind of matter-of-fact manner, I like to get to know a person,
y'know? And then things just sort of happen naturally. This
instructional video for men is still as relevant today as in 1950 I think:

<https://youtu.be/FtgwyzC1ySI>

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<AnfiK.7228$kaDc.2250@fx46.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97421&group=sci.electronics.design#97421

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 20:22:55 -0400
 by: bitrex - Sun, 22 May 2022 00:22 UTC

On 5/21/2022 10:21 AM, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Sat, 21 May 2022 09:27:49 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

>>> She knew she would be giving him a full-body massage, and was being
>>> paid to do it.
>>>
>>> His behavior was tasteless and pathetic, but legal and fairly
>>> predictable.
>>>
>>> She got a quarter megabuck for an hour's work. Probably now more for
>>> selling her story.
>>>

>> He's a shrewd one, he knows that by joining team MAGA he'll have a lot
>> of Americans who believe there's a global conspiracy of fabulously
>> wealthy elite Satan-worshiping sexual predators:
>>
>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon>
>>
>> Get together to help defend the wealthiest alleged sexual predator in
>> the world. It makes perfect sense!
>
> Asking for sex makes you a predator? And I do mean you.

Here's a better summary of the incident in illustrated form:

<https://imgur.com/a/eS0PaAE>

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<9268e132-dded-463f-9e1d-42338e193964n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97422&group=sci.electronics.design#97422

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 17:48:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: langw...@fonz.dk (Lasse Langwadt Christensen)
 by: Lasse Langwadt Chris - Sun, 22 May 2022 00:48 UTC

søndag den 22. maj 2022 kl. 02.09.18 UTC+2 skrev bitrex:
> On 5/21/2022 10:21 AM, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

> >> He's a shrewd one, he knows that by joining team MAGA he'll have a lot
> >> of Americans who believe there's a global conspiracy of fabulously
> >> wealthy elite Satan-worshiping sexual predators:
> >>
> >> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon>
> >>
> >> Get together to help defend the wealthiest alleged sexual predator in
> >> the world. It makes perfect sense!
> >
> > Asking for sex makes you a predator? And I do mean you.
> Touching someone sexually or exposing yourself to them without their
> permission could (it's claimed he did this), asking for sex in exchange
> for a horse just makes you a john, which is illegal in most
> jurisdictions in the US,

I'm sure thoughtout history there's a few girlfriends and wifes that has gotten more than that ...

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<d571f803-5f3a-487f-a67b-96c17c1f8f62n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97469&group=sci.electronics.design#97469

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 16:29:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Sun, 22 May 2022 23:29 UTC

On Friday, May 20, 2022 at 9:42:21 AM UTC-4, bitrex wrote:
> On 5/19/2022 10:35 PM, Ricky wrote:

> >> This isn't a joke btw folks, I'm not shitting you it's a real option
> >
> > What's wrong with that? People have been using scents in cars for decades. So the luxury car brand is making available without stopping at a gas station... sounds like an improvement for those who like it.
> They're probably out of stock of the fragrance vials due to supply-chain
> issues, lol
> > Why is everyone on the rag over the fact that people like things and car makers provide them? What a bunch of whiny little girls!
> >
> That's racist

No, it's not.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=racist

--

Rick C.

+- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<3afed830-c191-41ab-923c-2945fd7694d8n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97470&group=sci.electronics.design#97470

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 16:31:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Sun, 22 May 2022 23:31 UTC

On Friday, May 20, 2022 at 11:34:11 AM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Fri, 20 May 2022 11:17:39 -0400, bitrex <us...@example.net> wrote:
> >On 5/19/2022 1:59 PM, Jeroen Belleman wrote:
> >> Any Tesla drivers here? I heard of this silly incident where
> >> someone forced the hatch shut by hand rather than pushing the
> >> button, and by doing so immobilized the car. Apparently, when
> >> you do that, it believes the hatch is still open and refuses
> >> to move. Don't you love modern cars?
> >>
> >> Comments?
> >

> >Yeah, in other news Elon Musk has been a Republican for less than 48
> >hours and he already has a hush-money sexual harassment case against
> >him.
> He apparently propositioned a woman. I'm sure none of the guys here
> would ever do anything so evil.
>
> The alleged incident was in 2018. Within 48 hours of becoming a
> Republican, the scandal is public.

Yeah, I guess Musk knew it was coming so knew he needed to get in front of it by switching to a group he knew he could get support from.

--

Rick C.

++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<d84d32ab-4409-4c5e-9682-2c8aa5eafe5fn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97471&group=sci.electronics.design#97471

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 16:34:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Sun, 22 May 2022 23:34 UTC

On Friday, May 20, 2022 at 12:20:13 PM UTC-4, Phil Hobbs wrote:
> Cydrome Leader wrote:
> > Don Y <blocked...@foo.invalid> wrote:

> >> Neighbor's vehicle has a Peltier cooler built in (to keep your beer
> >> cold while driving?)
> >>
> >> There are trucks with running boards that automatically raise/lower to
> >> make boarding/disbarking more convenient.
> >
> > I never figured that crap out. If you're 400 pounds and can't climb a
> > step, you don't need a truck that rides 2 feet off the ground.
> But your better half might be five-feet-nothing, and not want to have to
> climb up that high in her Saturday night goin'-ta-town dress. ;)

I'm curious, do you really think he is going to say, "Oh, I hadn't thought of that! I guess you are right." ???

I will read on.

--

Rick C.

--- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
--- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<b49a5065-4951-4408-a1f2-34b718a41887n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97473&group=sci.electronics.design#97473

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 16:36:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Sun, 22 May 2022 23:36 UTC

On Friday, May 20, 2022 at 9:57:45 PM UTC-4, Cydrome Leader wrote:
> Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamM...@electrooptical.net> wrote:
> > Cydrome Leader wrote:

> >> I never figured that crap out. If you're 400 pounds and can't climb a
> >> step, you don't need a truck that rides 2 feet off the ground.
> >
> > But your better half might be five-feet-nothing, and not want to have to
> > climb up that high in her Saturday night goin'-ta-town dress. ;)
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Phil Hobbs
> >
> > (Whose better half is an even foot less tall than he is.)
> Like I was hinting at before, If you're hauling around cripples or what
> not, toss them in the back, or get a van with a wheelchair lift. The
> powered running boards are just pure nonsense.

As I fully expected. LOL!

Some people you just don't try to talk it. It's like dressing up a pig.

--

Rick C.

--+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
--+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<1fb41f95-6e89-4b61-9f4d-b90aec0637fdn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97474&group=sci.electronics.design#97474

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 16:41:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Sun, 22 May 2022 23:41 UTC

On Saturday, May 21, 2022 at 10:17:50 AM UTC-4, bitrex wrote:
> On 5/19/2022 1:59 PM, Jeroen Belleman wrote:
> > Any Tesla drivers here? I heard of this silly incident where
> > someone forced the hatch shut by hand rather than pushing the
> > button, and by doing so immobilized the car. Apparently, when
> > you do that, it believes the hatch is still open and refuses
> > to move. Don't you love modern cars?
> >
> > Comments?
> >
> > Jeroen --the driver should always have the final word-- Belleman
> Cool feature:
>
> <https://twitter.com/mjarchie1/status/1527708021903609857>

I like this reply,

"Pictures like this wouldn’t be available if elon owned @Twitter"

LOL

--

Rick C.

-+- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
-+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<t6eihu$tb0$6@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97480&group=sci.electronics.design#97480

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 23:55:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Sun, 22 May 2022 23:55 UTC

Related (without starting a new thread, to save trees)...

Elon Musk's tweet on Friday...

"Bet most people still don�t know that a Clinton campaign lawyer, using
campaign funds, created an elaborate hoax about Trump and Russia. Makes you
wonder what else is fake."

That hasn't been flagged by Twitter?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<rpvr8h54drmcn68decpn0be871527hclhf@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97659&group=sci.electronics.design#97659

From: cd...@notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 11:05:19 +0100
 by: Cursitor Doom - Wed, 25 May 2022 10:05 UTC

On Thu, 19 May 2022 12:59:28 -0700 (PDT), Ricky
<gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote:

>Cars are becoming far too complex

There's your problem right there.

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<t6l244$917$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97662&group=sci.electronics.design#97662

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 10:58:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Wed, 25 May 2022 10:58 UTC

TurdSipper Dumb <cd@notformail.com> wrote in

> On Thu, 19 May 2022 12:59:28 -0700 (PDT), Ricky
> <gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Cars are becoming far too complex
>
> There's your problem right there.

TurdSipper Dumb is becoming far too stupid.
Not that he wasn't dirt dumb his entire, pathetic life.
Must have been all those fake princely encounters he spent his life
bragging about as if it provided some further up notch in existence.

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<0obt8h9b8kmubk92jbjtuhhvjai7ud6sgh@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97697&group=sci.electronics.design#97697

From: cd...@notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 23:37:31 +0100
 by: Cursitor Doom - Wed, 25 May 2022 22:37 UTC

On Thu, 19 May 2022 22:04:24 +0100, Martin Brown
<'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote:

>On 19/05/2022 18:59, Jeroen Belleman wrote:
>> Any Tesla drivers here? I heard of this silly incident where
>> someone forced the hatch shut by hand rather than pushing the
>> button, and by doing so immobilized the car. Apparently, when
>> you do that, it believes the hatch is still open and refuses
>> to move. Don't you love modern cars?
>>
>> Comments?
>>
>> Jeroen --the driver should always have the final word-- Belleman
>
>Even in the pre smartphone with everything era I have had a fairly high
>end car decide to freeze on me because it suddenly thought it had been
>stolen and on a roundabout at rush hour. The only thing that could be
>done was push it to the side of the road and await rescue. Immobilisers
>were quite new and little understood back then. I expect the thieves
>understood them batter than anyone else!
>
>Roadside assistance couldn't do anything with it beyond dragging it onto
>a tow away truck. It came back with the immobiliser reset and "no fault
>found" from the dealer. It didn't ever do it again which was a bonus.

I had a V70 Volvo that kept locking me out of it for no apparent
reason. Computer scan by the main dealer showed no fault present or
logged. I could see it would one day let me down late at night in a
thunderstorm so got rid of it. Best decision I ever made was to never
have another modern car ever again. I only drive vintage stuff now.

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<9d3d99a3-e05e-430c-bc62-7cae3498d476n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97704&group=sci.electronics.design#97704

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 20:45:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Thu, 26 May 2022 03:45 UTC

On Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 6:37:38 PM UTC-4, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Thu, 19 May 2022 22:04:24 +0100, Martin Brown
> <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote:
> >On 19/05/2022 18:59, Jeroen Belleman wrote:
> >> Any Tesla drivers here? I heard of this silly incident where
> >> someone forced the hatch shut by hand rather than pushing the
> >> button, and by doing so immobilized the car. Apparently, when
> >> you do that, it believes the hatch is still open and refuses
> >> to move. Don't you love modern cars?
> >>
> >> Comments?
> >>
> >> Jeroen --the driver should always have the final word-- Belleman
> >
> >Even in the pre smartphone with everything era I have had a fairly high
> >end car decide to freeze on me because it suddenly thought it had been
> >stolen and on a roundabout at rush hour. The only thing that could be
> >done was push it to the side of the road and await rescue. Immobilisers
> >were quite new and little understood back then. I expect the thieves
> >understood them batter than anyone else!
> >
> >Roadside assistance couldn't do anything with it beyond dragging it onto
> >a tow away truck. It came back with the immobiliser reset and "no fault
> >found" from the dealer. It didn't ever do it again which was a bonus.
>
> I had a V70 Volvo that kept locking me out of it for no apparent
> reason. Computer scan by the main dealer showed no fault present or
> logged. I could see it would one day let me down late at night in a
> thunderstorm so got rid of it. Best decision I ever made was to never
> have another modern car ever again. I only drive vintage stuff now.

What will you do when there's only 1 of 10 gas stations left because nearly everyone is driving BEVs? Well, that's not until 2040, so maybe none of us will be around and s.e.d. is long gone too.

--

Rick C.

-++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
-++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<t6n09u$l50$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97714&group=sci.electronics.design#97714

From: Decadent...@decadence.org
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 04:39:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Decadent...@decadence.org - Thu, 26 May 2022 04:39 UTC

TurdSipper Dumb <td@notformail.com> wrote in

> I had a V70 Volvo that kept locking me out of it for no apparent
> reason. Computer scan by the main dealer showed no fault present
> or logged. I could see it would one day let me down late at night
> in a thunderstorm so got rid of it. Best decision I ever made was
> to never have another modern car ever again. I only drive vintage
> stuff now.

I'll bet the Volvo was never able to unsee your visage and probably
drove itself off a cliff.

Instead of Miss Daisy, you drive Rosy Palm and her five sisters.
Vintage stuff indeed. Bloody hilarious.

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<d0o99hps5ovk5k408t5pp7kb9ndeeqfcru@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97941&group=sci.electronics.design#97941

From: joegw...@comcast.net (Joe Gwinn)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 11:32:53 -0400
 by: Joe Gwinn - Mon, 30 May 2022 15:32 UTC

On Fri, 20 May 2022 08:27:12 -0700, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com
wrote:

>On Fri, 20 May 2022 11:17:39 -0400, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:
>
>>On 5/19/2022 1:59 PM, Jeroen Belleman wrote:
>>> Any Tesla drivers here? I heard of this silly incident where
>>> someone forced the hatch shut by hand rather than pushing the
>>> button, and by doing so immobilized the car. Apparently, when
>>> you do that, it believes the hatch is still open and refuses
>>> to move. Don't you love modern cars?
>>>
>>> Comments?
>>

>>Yeah, in other news Elon Musk has been a Republican for less than 48
>>hours and he already has a hush-money sexual harassment case against
>>him. Ancient story of Cinderella, if shoe fits...
>>
>>> Jeroen --the driver should always have the final word-- Belleman
>
>New movie:
>
>https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/may/17/elon-musk-crash-course-documentary-tesla

Yeah. I may have saved the life of a co-worker who wanted a Tesla for
the self-driving bit, and was totally overestimating the capability of
Teslas to handle unexpected situations, ones for which it was never
programmed or trained, when I provided a few accident reports plus my
analysis of what had fooled the Tesla, destroying his trust in the
autopilot.

The basic problem is that the current technology of understanding a
visual scene is quite immature, being far less capable that of almost
any vertebrate animal.

The Neuroscience folk have figured out a good bit of it, but their
algorithms require implementation of hyperdimensional associative
memory of specific kinds, which we can only simulate clumsily on
modern computers (no matter how many cores et al), and cannot
implement in any form suitable for following a scene fast enough to
guide an automobile at 190 mph (regularly achieved on the German
autobahn).

Joe Gwinn

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<1efd9b02-90c4-465d-8cc2-cc54b339abcan@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97943&group=sci.electronics.design#97943

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 08:49:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.d...@gmail.com (Ricky)
 by: Ricky - Mon, 30 May 2022 15:49 UTC

On Monday, May 30, 2022 at 11:33:06 AM UTC-4, Joe Gwinn wrote:
> On Fri, 20 May 2022 08:27:12 -0700, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com
> wrote:

> >>Yeah, in other news Elon Musk has been a Republican for less than 48
> >>hours and he already has a hush-money sexual harassment case against
> >>him. Ancient story of Cinderella, if shoe fits...

> >New movie:
> >
> >https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/may/17/elon-musk-crash-course-documentary-tesla
> Yeah. I may have saved the life of a co-worker who wanted a Tesla for
> the self-driving bit, and was totally overestimating the capability of
> Teslas to handle unexpected situations, ones for which it was never
> programmed or trained, when I provided a few accident reports plus my
> analysis of what had fooled the Tesla, destroying his trust in the
> autopilot.
>
> The basic problem is that the current technology of understanding a
> visual scene is quite immature, being far less capable that of almost
> any vertebrate animal.
>
> The Neuroscience folk have figured out a good bit of it, but their
> algorithms require implementation of hyperdimensional associative
> memory of specific kinds, which we can only simulate clumsily on
> modern computers (no matter how many cores et al), and cannot
> implement in any form suitable for following a scene fast enough to
> guide an automobile at 190 mph (regularly achieved on the German
> autobahn).

It would seem that your friend, like yourself seems to think the autopilot is autonomous, it's not. It's not intended to be autonomous. Tesla warns you in every way possible to pay attention as if you were driving while using the autopilot. I don't think they could do much more to alert people to the fact that autopilot is simply a driving aid, not a substitute for a mentally capable driver.

The autopilot is very nice. I often find myself trying to double tap the cruise control which my Kia doesn't have. :(

--

Rick C.

+-- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
+-- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Re: Any Tesla driver here?

<t72ske$71a$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97949&group=sci.electronics.design#97949

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 16:50:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Mon, 30 May 2022 16:50 UTC

Joe Gwinn <joegwinn@comcast.net> wrote:

> jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
>> bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

>>> Yeah, in other news Elon Musk has been a Republican for less than 48
>>> hours and he already has a hush-money sexual harassment case against
>>> him. Ancient story of Cinderella, if shoe fits...

>> New movie:
>>
>> https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/may/17/elon-musk-crash-course-documentary-tesla
>
> Yeah. I may have saved the life of a co-worker who wanted a Tesla for
> the self-driving bit, and was totally overestimating the capability of
> Teslas to handle unexpected situations, ones for which it was never
> programmed or trained, when I provided a few accident reports plus my
> analysis of what had fooled the Tesla, destroying his trust in the
> autopilot.
>
> The basic problem is that the current technology of understanding a
> visual scene is quite immature, being far less capable that of almost
> any vertebrate animal.
>
> The Neuroscience folk have figured out a good bit of it, but their
> algorithms require implementation of hyperdimensional associative memory
> of specific kinds, which we can only simulate clumsily on modern
> computers (no matter how many cores et al), and cannot implement in any
> form suitable for following a scene fast enough to guide an automobile
> at 190 mph (regularly achieved on the German autobahn).

Yep. Simply put... Interpreting graphics, especially in motion, is not a
computer's strong suit.