From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: not funny
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 19:41:34 -0600
 by: AMuzi - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 01:41 UTC

Comedian dies after having been hit 8 December on a bicycle.

https://realdealnews.org/2023/12/14/beloved-stand-up-comedian-dead-at-37-after-being-struck-by-car-video/
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org

Re: not funny

<c2dnnil2d0ubqj7ek8cvlob24do177k9sk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97396&group=rec.bicycles.tech#97396

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: not funny
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 09:08:12 +0700
 by: John B. - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 02:08 UTC

On Thu, 14 Dec 2023 19:41:34 -0600, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>Comedian dies after having been hit 8 December on a bicycle.
>
>https://realdealnews.org/2023/12/14/beloved-stand-up-comedian-dead-at-37-after-being-struck-by-car-video/

Has there been any actual description of what happened.

All the reports I read said only that he was hit by a car and then
switch to what a wonderful guy he was and about collecting money to
pay medical bills.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: not funny

<ulgjqv$1osoh$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97403&group=rec.bicycles.tech#97403

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 23:14:21 -0500
 by: Frank Krygowski - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 04:14 UTC

On 12/14/2023 9:08 PM, John B. wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Dec 2023 19:41:34 -0600, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:
>
>> Comedian dies after having been hit 8 December on a bicycle.
>>
>> https://realdealnews.org/2023/12/14/beloved-stand-up-comedian-dead-at-37-after-being-struck-by-car-video/
>
> Has there been any actual description of what happened.
>
> All the reports I read said only that he was hit by a car and then
> switch to what a wonderful guy he was and about collecting money to
> pay medical bills.

I'm interested in details of car-bike crashes, so I read a lot of
articles reporting crashes yielding serious or fatal injuries. Only a
tiny portion of the articles give any really useful information.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: not funny

<ulhmmj$1u4rb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97408&group=rec.bicycles.tech#97408

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 08:09:23 -0600
 by: AMuzi - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 14:09 UTC

On 12/14/2023 8:08 PM, John B. wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Dec 2023 19:41:34 -0600, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:
>
>> Comedian dies after having been hit 8 December on a bicycle.
>>
>> https://realdealnews.org/2023/12/14/beloved-stand-up-comedian-dead-at-37-after-being-struck-by-car-video/
>
> Has there been any actual description of what happened.
>
> All the reports I read said only that he was hit by a car and then
> switch to what a wonderful guy he was and about collecting money to
> pay medical bills.

Couldn't find it.

Car hit bicycle or ebike/scooter hit pedestrian are so
voluminous they wouldn't normally be reported unless fatal.
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Re: not funny

<ulhmss$1u4qv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97410&group=rec.bicycles.tech#97410

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 08:12:44 -0600
 by: AMuzi - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 14:12 UTC

On 12/14/2023 10:14 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 12/14/2023 9:08 PM, John B. wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 Dec 2023 19:41:34 -0600, AMuzi
>> <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Comedian dies after having been hit 8 December on a bicycle.
>>>
>>> https://realdealnews.org/2023/12/14/beloved-stand-up-comedian-dead-at-37-after-being-struck-by-car-video/
>>
>> Has there been any actual description of what happened.
>>
>> All the reports I read said only that he was hit by a car
>> and then
>> switch to what a wonderful guy he was and about collecting
>> money to
>> pay medical bills.
>
> I'm interested in details of car-bike crashes, so I read a
> lot of articles reporting crashes yielding serious or fatal
> injuries. Only a tiny portion of the articles give any
> really useful information.

Much agreed.
And virtually never bicycle brand/model .
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Re: not funny

<pk3fN.443117$1tC8.302294@fx13.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97431&group=rec.bicycles.tech#97431

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: rog...@sarlet.com (Roger Merriman)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 21:13:57 GMT
 by: Roger Merriman - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 21:13 UTC

Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 12/14/2023 9:08 PM, John B. wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 Dec 2023 19:41:34 -0600, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Comedian dies after having been hit 8 December on a bicycle.
>>>
>>> https://realdealnews.org/2023/12/14/beloved-stand-up-comedian-dead-at-37-after-being-struck-by-car-video/
>>
>> Has there been any actual description of what happened.
>>
>> All the reports I read said only that he was hit by a car and then
>> switch to what a wonderful guy he was and about collecting money to
>> pay medical bills.
>
> I'm interested in details of car-bike crashes, so I read a lot of
> articles reporting crashes yielding serious or fatal injuries. Only a
> tiny portion of the articles give any really useful information.

Fairly significant brain injury if they did removed or drilled a hole, as
they generally err on side of caution now ie don’t touch unless they have
to, ie do no harm and doing so always does.

Doesn’t mean the impact was for example, in my experience huge range of
outcomes and variables. Ie some folks are significantly harmed from what
appears to be a minor injury and others walk off really significantly worse
injuries. Ie it’s hugely variable.

Roger Merriman

Re: not funny

<o7mpnild6qrnmhpqgd6ofipbi9sh76j322@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=97444&group=rec.bicycles.tech#97444

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 06:06:22 +0700
 by: John B. - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 23:06 UTC

On Fri, 15 Dec 2023 08:12:44 -0600, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>On 12/14/2023 10:14 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
>> On 12/14/2023 9:08 PM, John B. wrote:

>>> Has there been any actual description of what happened.
>>>
>>> All the reports I read said only that he was hit by a car
>>> and then
>>> switch to what a wonderful guy he was and about collecting
>>> money to
>>> pay medical bills.
>>
>> I'm interested in details of car-bike crashes, so I read a
>> lot of articles reporting crashes yielding serious or fatal
>> injuries. Only a tiny portion of the articles give any
>> really useful information.
>>

>Much agreed.
>And virtually never bicycle brand/model .

I believe that we tend to get more details here as usually the report
will include what was reported to the police and as leaving the scene
of an accident is a fairly serious crime the Police usually do get the
story, at least as told by the auto driver.

There was recently a old guy got hit by a car and died. The woman that
hit him stated
to the police that she was driving down the highway and the bike
turned in front of her. The photo taken at the scene showed a bike
laying in the middle of a 6 lane highway where traffic would likely
have been traveling 100 km/h or faster.

As the accident is usually reported the day it happens the news seldom
reports blame as that is a matter yet to be determined by the police
at "Press Time".
--
Cheers,

John B.