All your files have been destroyed (sorry). Paul.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / How Oulu became the winter cycling capital of the world

SubjectAuthor
* How Oulu became the winter cycling capital of the worldAndre Jute
+- Re: How Oulu became the winter cycling capital of the worldfunkma...@hotmail.com
`- Re: How Oulu became the winter cycling capital of the worldTom Kunich

1
How Oulu became the winter cycling capital of the world

<f8f2fc4e-3e3f-4b6d-82e8-9e205dcb7e31n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=98203&group=rec.bicycles.tech#98203

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 22:05:53 -0800 (PST)
Subject: How Oulu became the winter cycling capital of the world
From: fiult...@yahoo.com (Andre Jute)
 by: Andre Jute - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 06:05 UTC

In the long ago, when some useful work was still done on RBT instead of the present constant bickering by commie clowns trying futilely to assert their will, there was a fellow on RBT who commuted four seasons by bicycle in Chicago. He would've appreciated a city management that is this cycling-oriented -- and gets the practical aspects right without any elitist "take the lane" crap:
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20231220-why-oulu-finland-is-the-winter-cycling-capital-of-the-world

For bigger cities it is probably an aspirational article, but the methods are simple and obvious; the difficult thing is first to acquire the correct attitude, and in case there is any doubt, that isn't the attitude of the "vehicular cycling" drop bar brigade "training" on their daily commute and swearing at housewives who get in their way.

Andre Jute
Cyclists can win, once they get rid of the tendencious quarter-wits.

Re: How Oulu became the winter cycling capital of the world

<e1f56c94-8c54-415a-95a4-d2e95dbc432an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=98213&group=rec.bicycles.tech#98213

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 06:17:41 -0800 (PST)
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 14:17 UTC

On Saturday, December 30, 2023 at 1:05:56 AM UTC-5, shitstain wrote:

> In the long ago, when some useful work was still done on RBT instead of the present constant bickering by commie clowns trying futilely to assert their will,

Oh, you mean like:

- Why the Stupid 4 Celebrate Kwanzaa
- Incompetence or conspiracy? Pick any two.
- Really Funny
- We're jingle-belling our way to nullity
- No. 113 of the Worthless Flunkymonkey's Ignorance
- No. 113c of the Worthless Flunkymonkey's Ignorance
- Who turned Portland into a hellhole?
- The Known Unknowns
- Funny thing
- Biden and Europe
- The Democrat Party
- Texas Attorney-General sues Pfizer over Vaccine
- Liebermann left behind.

Those are all non-cycling (read: ignorant rightwing crap and unprovoked ad hominem attacks) discussions started by you and the kunich, and that's _only_ this month.

> there was a fellow on RBT who commuted four seasons by bicycle in Chicago.. He would've appreciated a city management that is this cycling-oriented -- and gets the practical aspects right without any elitist "take the lane" crap:
> https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20231220-why-oulu-finland-is-the-winter-cycling-capital-of-the-world
> >
> For bigger cities it is probably an aspirational article, but the methods are simple and obvious; the difficult thing is first to acquire the correct attitude, and in case there is any doubt, that isn't the attitude of the "vehicular cycling" drop bar brigade "training" on their daily commute and swearing at housewives who get in their way.

wow.......here shitstain is claiming that commuting on public road ways is 'elitist' and telling us what our attitude should be according to his perverted viewpoint. Talk about a "clown trying futilely to assert [his] will"......
> ̶A̶n̶d̶r̶e̶ ̶J̶u̶t̶e̶ shitstain
> a writer of vanity novels and diarrhea-mouthed, long winded poster to the Usenet - where he pretends to be famous.

> Cyclists can win, once they get rid of the tendencious quarter-wits.

Yes, we will, once you two quarterwits are excluded from being able to post by virtue of being to fucking stupid to figure out how to access usenet without google.

Re: How Oulu became the winter cycling capital of the world

<beba6018-e6d1-4556-9cde-5c8909a348c9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=98226&group=rec.bicycles.tech#98226

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 08:45:49 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 16:45 UTC

On Friday, December 29, 2023 at 10:05:56 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
> In the long ago, when some useful work was still done on RBT instead of the present constant bickering by commie clowns trying futilely to assert their will, there was a fellow on RBT who commuted four seasons by bicycle in Chicago. He would've appreciated a city management that is this cycling-oriented -- and gets the practical aspects right without any elitist "take the lane" crap:
> https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20231220-why-oulu-finland-is-the-winter-cycling-capital-of-the-world
> >
> For bigger cities it is probably an aspirational article, but the methods are simple and obvious; the difficult thing is first to acquire the correct attitude, and in case there is any doubt, that isn't the attitude of the "vehicular cycling" drop bar brigade "training" on their daily commute and swearing at housewives who get in their way.
> >
> Andre Jute
> Cyclists can win, once they get rid of the tendencious quarter-wits.

Standing out in the crowd as a common theme: snow tires, upright posture via "sit-up-and-beg" handlebars and flat pedals. These all give the rider the ability to step off if the bike takes off sliding.

I can almost wish that I hadn't killfiled the Stupid 4 just to see their assinine attacks on you because they have absolutely nothing better to do. What do you suppose would happen to Flunky if management were to learn of his instant self gratification where he can show off his ignorance on so many subjects?

The University of Youngstown is now so much better off without Krygowski that graduates may actuallly learn about engineering rather than the abuse of the English language, mathematical errors and the superiority of communism, while assigning text book work that he himself doesn't understand.

Maybe Liebermann can again proudly proclaim that it took him six years to get a four year degree that he was never able to use. because he wasn't there for the knowledge but to dodge the draft.

Slocomb can again tell us that he was a qualified machinist who the Air Force in all of their need for knowledgeable staff placed in the position of crew chief on a POS never activated bomber and exited him from the Air Force never rising above thje grade of Master Sargeant. After all, that's what they do with "qualified machinists".