"He don't know me vewy well, DO he?" -- Bugs Bunny

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Flunky's Mental Problems

SubjectAuthor
* Flunky's Mental ProblemsTom Kunich
`- Re: Flunky's Mental ProblemsZen Cycle

1
Flunky's Mental Problems

<b1ffda26-ad7f-4330-896b-94221c46fc72n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=99490&group=rec.bicycles.tech#99490

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 21:24:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Flunky's Mental Problems
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 05:24 UTC

First he shows us that he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about concerning military arms. Then he is sure that cold weather doesn't effect EV's.. Then he is sure that vaccines are totally harmless except to protect you from covid-19 despite the fact that you can still get and transmit covid-19.. Then despite Toyota announcing that it has stopped plans for EV's though it is still going through with expansion of its small battery hybrids.

Do you suppose he knows that electric school buses have been burning up. Luckily, not with children on board or else they would have been killed since the fires go from a little smoke to an explosion in seconds followed by the batteries turning the buses into piles of junk. They even have a video of one catching fire - IT IS NOT CHARGING AT THE TIME. https://www.evfiresafe.com/post/why-do-e-buses-catch-fire

Re: Flunky's Mental Problems

<uoek3b$38djf$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=99570&group=rec.bicycles.tech#99570

From: funkmas...@hotmail.com (Zen Cycle)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Flunky's Mental Problems
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 14:55:23 -0500
 by: Zen Cycle - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 19:55 UTC

On 1/19/2024 12:24 AM, Tom Kunich only proved once again that I live
rent free in his head:
> First he shows us that he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about concerning military arms.

I posted a link to a DOD report and a DARPA report and quoted from
them. If you have an issue with that, your issue is with the reports -
BTW, DOD and DARPA reports aren't the "left-wing" sources you've deluded
yourself into thinking they are.

> Then he is sure that cold weather doesn't effect EV's.

I've never written anything about EVs in cold weather. If you think I
have, post a link to it.

> Then he is sure that vaccines are totally harmless except to protect you from covid-19 despite the fact that you can still get and transmit covid-19.

I've never made any claim that Covid vaccines were harmless. If you
think I did, post a link to it.

> Then despite Toyota announcing that it has stopped plans for EV's though it is still going through with expansion of its small battery hybrids.

Toyota has not announced any plans to stop EV production, in fact, quite
the opposite. I'll post a few OT discussions just to get you started.
I'll even make it so simple that even you can understand it, by posting
individual discussions so you don't get too confused.

> Do you suppose he knows that electric school buses have been burning up. Luckily, not with children on board or else they would have been killed since the fires go from a little smoke to an explosion in seconds followed by the batteries turning the buses into piles of junk. They even have a video of one catching fire - IT IS NOT CHARGING AT THE TIME. https://www.evfiresafe.com/post/why-do-e-buses-catch-fire

As usual, you don't bother to read the links you post. Here's a few
tidbits for you, repeat - from the link you posted.
"there are approximately 250,000 electric busses in operation globally"
'from between 2010 to 2024 there were 27 battery fires'

14 years, 250,000 vehicles, 27 fires, 0 fatalities

BTW - there's no video on that site.

Here's another data set you might want to consider - if you have the
ability to approach it without political bias (not likely, I realize).

https://www.schoolbusfleet.com/10041970/new-study-analyzes-school-bus-fires
"The researchers found that school bus fires in the U.S. occur slightly
more than daily, while motorcoach fires occur slightly less than daily."

So, in 2017, in the US, there were at least 365 school bus fires.

Here's your thought challenge tommy:
- from 2010 to 2024 there were 27 electric bus fires for _all_ types of
busses globally
- in 2017 there were over 365 _school_ bus fires in the US alone. Unless
that year was a particular anomaly, It's safe to safe there were a
similar number of incidents between 2010 to 2024, therefore over the
same 14 year period, there were approximately 5000 ICE school bus fires.

Literally, two orders of magnitude higher.

BTW - any luck with the PWM cable testing regimen? the offer still stands.