I just thought of something funny...your mother. -- Cheech Marin

tech / sci.math / Re: Experts would agree that my reviewers are incorrect [ slight breakthrough ]

Re: Experts would agree that my reviewers are incorrect [ slight breakthrough ]

<0VckK.300$X_i.142@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=101252&group=sci.math#101252

Subject: Re: Experts would agree that my reviewers are incorrect [ slight
breakthrough ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<t6m6lh$158f$1@gioia.aioe.org> <87k0a9qekv.fsf@bsb.me.uk>
<e4c8a2a3-76ef-4945-aae9-55bf1dd1c7c8n@googlegroups.com>
<87y1yopmjk.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <LqednSY4za6-HxL_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<t6pvnj$r7c$1@dont-email.me> <cPqdnZk-x8X0cQ3_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<t6qt2i$9fr$1@dont-email.me> <oMidnZGSKNROmAz_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<t6r3e1$pe4$1@dont-email.me> <t6r5oj$gri$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<t6r687$f2e$1@dont-email.me> <TeadnTXqr-Plggz_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<jU9kK.13$ssF.8@fx14.iad> <Y_CdnRxv18HksAz_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<t6rbod$mhh$1@dont-email.me> <1JSdnbln_YRsoQz_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<t6rf8s$f3d$1@dont-email.me> <dP2dnU17hJeq3wz_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<t6rg5m$ku3$1@dont-email.me> <WI2dnZiOtoq71wz_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<t6rihq$6qc$1@dont-email.me> <KrSdndDJEPko0wz_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
<t6rjfl$c94$1@dont-email.me> <EbidnXh3JNa4ywz_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 19:11:55 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Fri, 27 May 2022 23:11 UTC

On 5/27/22 6:52 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 5/27/2022 5:31 PM, André G. Isaak wrote:

>>> Thus mandating a bijection to finite strings.
>>
>> There is no bijection (and bijections hold between things, not to
>> things). Every element of the function's domain can potentially be
>> encoded in an infinite number of different ways. And this has no
>> relevance to the particular confusion of yours that I was pointing out.
>>
>> André
>>

> The simpler way around all this is to deduce that set of possible inputs
> to a TM halt decider is the set of Turing machine descriptions.
>
> This is fairly widely known as an aspect of the definition of a halt
> decider.

Right, so H can be given the description of ANY Turing Machine (even H^)
and an input for that, and needs to decide what that the Turing Machine
that input describes, applied to that input would do (Halt or Not) and
give the right answer to be correct.

THus H applied to <H^> <H^> has been given a VALID input, and needs to
output if H^ applied to <H^> would halt or not. (here <> means a
description of, being a finite string representation of the machine
within the <>s)

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Re: Experts would agree that my reviewers are incorrect

By: Mr Flibble on Tue, 24 May 2022

67Mr Flibble