Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 18:21:25 -0500
Subject: Re: Experts would agree that my reviewers are incorrect [ slight
breakthrough ]
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
<87y1yopmjk.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <LqednSY4za6-HxL_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<t6pvnj$r7c$1@dont-email.me> <cPqdnZk-x8X0cQ3_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<t6qt2i$9fr$1@dont-email.me> <oMidnZGSKNROmAz_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<t6r3e1$pe4$1@dont-email.me> <t6r5oj$gri$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<t6r687$f2e$1@dont-email.me> <TeadnTXqr-Plggz_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<jU9kK.13$ssF.8@fx14.iad> <Y_CdnRxv18HksAz_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<t6rbod$mhh$1@dont-email.me> <1JSdnbln_YRsoQz_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<t6rf8s$f3d$1@dont-email.me> <dP2dnU17hJeq3wz_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<t6rg5m$ku3$1@dont-email.me> <WI2dnZiOtoq71wz_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>
<t6rihq$6qc$1@dont-email.me> <KrSdndDJEPko0wz_nZ2dnUU7_8xh4p2d@giganews.com>
<t6rjfl$c94$1@dont-email.me> <EbidnXh3JNa4ywz_nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<0VckK.300$X_i.142@fx18.iad>
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Fri, 27 May 2022 23:21 UTC

On 5/27/2022 6:11 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 5/27/22 6:52 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> There is no bijection (and bijections hold between things, not to
>>> things). Every element of the function's domain can potentially be
>>> encoded in an infinite number of different ways. And this has no
>>> relevance to the particular confusion of yours that I was pointing out.
>>>
>>> André
>>>

>> The simpler way around all this is to deduce that set of possible
>> inputs to a TM halt decider is the set of Turing machine descriptions.
>>
>> This is fairly widely known as an aspect of the definition of a halt
>> decider.
>>

> Right, so H can be given the description of ANY Turing Machine (even H^)
> and an input for that, and needs to decide what that the Turing Machine
> that input describes, applied to that input would do (Halt or Not) and
> give the right answer to be correct.

The ultimate measure of the behavior of an input its its correct
emulation. If the input to H(P,P) calls H(P,P) then P must actually call
H(P,P). If the fact that the input calls H(P,P) makes its correct x86
emulation never reach its "ret" instruction then this is the behavior
that H must report.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott

Arthur Schopenhauer

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Re: Experts would agree that my reviewers are incorrect

By: Mr Flibble on Tue, 24 May 2022

67Mr Flibble