Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 09:22:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Climate Change Bullshit
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Sun, 17 Jul 2022 16:22 UTC

On Sunday, 17 July 2022 at 18:18:51 UTC+2, a a wrote:
> On Sunday, 17 July 2022 at 04:17:44 UTC+2, bill....@ieee.org wrote:

> > > ask Bill #BlueScreen to stop playing with old threads on this usenet group
> > It was Jake Isks who revived the thread. A a is quite as dumb as Jake Isks, so he hasn't noticed.
> >
> > <snipped more of a a's rubbish>
> >
> > --
> > Bill Sloman, Sydney
> go away idiot
>
> https://groups.google.com/g/sci.electronics.design/c/SOld3ucUAEw
> Re: OT: Climate Change Bullshit
> Subscribe
> bill....@ieee.org’s profile photo
> bill....@ieee.org
> 16 Jul 2022, 18:11:11 (yesterday)
> On Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 4:15:39 AM UTC+11, newshound wrote: > On 25/11/2018 18:49, upsid.
--The most abundant greenhouse gases in Earth's atmosphere, listed in decreasing order of average global mole fraction, are:[14][15]

-Water vapor (H
2O)
Carbon dioxide (CO
2)
Methane (CH
4)
Nitrous oxide (N
2O)
Ozone (O
3)
Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs and HCFCs)
Hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs)
Perfluorocarbons (CF
4, C
2F
6, etc.), SF
6, and NF

-----

--Role of water vapor
Increasing water vapor in the stratosphere at Boulder, Colorado

--Water vapor accounts for the largest percentage of the greenhouse effect, between 36% and 66% for clear sky conditions and between 66% and 85% when including clouds.[21] Water vapor concentrations fluctuate regionally, but human activity does not directly affect water vapor concentrations except at local scales, such as near irrigated fields. Indirectly, human activity that increases global temperatures will increase water vapor concentrations, a process known as water vapor feedback.[22] The atmospheric concentration of vapor is highly variable and depends largely on temperature, from less than 0.01% in extremely cold regions up to 3% by mass in saturated air at about 32 °C.[23] (See Relative humidity#Other important facts.)

--The average residence time of a water molecule in the atmosphere is only about nine days, compared to years or centuries for other greenhouse gases such as CH
4 and CO2.[24] Water vapor responds to and amplifies effects of the other greenhouse gases. The Clausius–Clapeyron relation establishes that more water vapor will be present per unit volume at elevated temperatures. This and other basic principles indicate that warming associated with increased concentrations of the other greenhouse gases also will increase the concentration of water vapor (assuming that the relative humidity remains approximately constant; modeling and observational studies find that this is indeed so). Because water vapor is a greenhouse gas, this results in further warming and so is a "positive feedback" that amplifies the original warming.. Eventually other earth processes[which?] offset these positive feedbacks, stabilizing the global temperature at a new equilibrium and preventing the loss of Earth's water through a Venus-like runaway greenhouse effect.[22]

--Contribution of clouds to Earth's greenhouse effect

--The major non-gas contributor to Earth's greenhouse effect, clouds, also absorb and emit infrared radiation and thus have an effect on greenhouse gas radiative properties. Clouds are water droplets or ice crystals suspended in the atmosphere.[25][21]

----

--When ranked by their direct contribution to the greenhouse effect, the most important are:[25][failed verification]
Compound
Formula
Concentration in
atmosphere[31] (ppm) Contribution
(%)
Water vapor and clouds H
2O 10–50,000(A) 36–72%
Carbon dioxide CO2 ~400 9–26%
Methane CH
4 ~1.8 4–9%
Ozone O
3 2–8(B) 3–7%
notes:

--(A) Water vapor strongly varies locally[32]

----

--Anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions

--The way land is used affects climate change and the emission of greenhouse gases; the agriculture, land uses, and other land uses sector, on average, accounted for 13-21% of global total anthropogenic greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in the period 2010-2019 (medium confidence).[91]

--https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_gas

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Re: Climate Change Bullshit

By: Judge Dredd on Thu, 14 Jul 2022