Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 02:41:17 -0700 (PDT)
<op.1li5n8tcmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <1SLbK.295241$2OB.150226@fx09.ams1>
<SnMbK.118662$sMg.115257@fx06.ams1> <4ca8e51c-189c-4447-a134-b7cff388e941n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1lkq7plpmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <zBdcK.88671$3b1.75209@fx14.ams1>
<op.1lmhkhc0mvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <rmpcK.259438$Xa1.63966@fx10.ams1>
<op.1lmukcfrmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <PwqcK.89967$3b1.33357@fx14.ams1>
<op.1lmxufq6mvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <YKrcK.38810$ep1.30330@fx03.ams1>
<op.1lm187kxmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <eXCcK.259712$Xa1.31559@fx10.ams1>
<op.1lo0nlsumvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <b13fbaae-487a-49bd-a418-27a3fab9afb2n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1l21axtvmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <7dc85ed4-62d5-4de1-bdca-b991ec575cf7n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1mr9bbgamvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
Subject: Re: Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)
From: whisky.d...@gmail.com (Whisky-dave)
 by: Whisky-dave - Mon, 30 May 2022 09:41 UTC

On Thursday, 26 May 2022 at 16:58:25 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
> On Mon, 16 May 2022 14:49:43 +0100, Whisky-dave <whisk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I haven't checked the amounts, but I assume they assume you will die at a certain age. So if you're taking it over twice as many years, they halve the amount (with adjustments for interest and inflation etc).
> >
> > Yes and why some of my slightly younger friends retirment date is 67 or 68
> That was simply a stupid change in the law to make people work longer despite there being more people than jobs already.

That wasn't the reason it is because pensions not being able to last until death due to the average life expectancy increasing over the years.

> > They use life expectance to calculate such things, same problem the NHS has.
> How does that change my point? If I take my pension over twice the number of years, I get half the amount per year, I lose nothing, they lose nothing.

But if you live longer than expected then you draw more money than you were expecting.
It's very simialr in inflation.

> >> A computer is a functional item, not a fucking ornament.
> >
> > It can be both. Why buy an ugly, noisy, biege box .
> Do you buy a certain colour of fridge freezer too? Are you female?

No more than I would with a car or bike or even clothes.

> >> What?! If you're 1 foot behind the next car, and it jams it's brakes on, you will hit it with a closing speed of about 2mph and do no damage.
> > What even if yuo're doing 60MPH, I doubt it.
> How much do you think a car would slow from 60mph in 1 foot?

not by much and that is the problem.

> >> This will make you go "shit!" and jam on your brakes too.
> > Bit late them with thinking distances let alone with reaction timnes.
> Reaction times in the highway code are about 3 times longer than any normal person.

I wonder how long it takes to put down the mobile phone or finish reading the latest post before looking up
and colliding with a stationary vehicle.
The local road was closed this morning as a car had driven into a house.
The house had been there fopr about 100 years so not sure what excuse the driver
might have for not seeing it and being able to stop.

> >> You don't have to stop in 2m, you have to react in 2m.
> >
> > Still takes a distance to come to a stop.
> But the car in front also takes some distance. The only difference between the car in front and the car behind is the point in time the brakes were pressed. So just reaction time.

even if reaction time is instantanous no car is able to stop instantanously.

> >> Driverless boys?! No no, they must be tied up and given strict instructions.
> >
> > You back in fantasy mode or the french version of DIY.
> The French are less prudish than the Brits and therefore more sensible.

No I had 2 french GF and one french flatmate they can be quite arrogant.
I think it is in their nature, you only have to know what happend regarding whatever at cup final
this weekend .

> >> I do. I'd love to have someone else doing things for me, preferably naked.
> >
> > Back to your chimney boys & mary poppins fantasies are we ;-)
> I never said they had to be male.

But they were.

> >> And actually most slaves were very happy, they got a free home in a nice place. They didn't have to concern themselves with finances either.
> >
> > I doubt most were happy.
> They were, look it up. Easy life.

That's a fantasy mostly only reanacted in fetish clubs.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)

By: David Brooks on Wed, 27 Apr 2022

324David Brooks