Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 05:10:25 -0700 (PDT)
<op.1lkq7plpmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <zBdcK.88671$3b1.75209@fx14.ams1>
<op.1lmhkhc0mvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <rmpcK.259438$Xa1.63966@fx10.ams1>
<op.1lmukcfrmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <PwqcK.89967$3b1.33357@fx14.ams1>
<op.1lmxufq6mvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <YKrcK.38810$ep1.30330@fx03.ams1>
<op.1lm187kxmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <eXCcK.259712$Xa1.31559@fx10.ams1>
<op.1lo0nlsumvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <b13fbaae-487a-49bd-a418-27a3fab9afb2n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1l21axtvmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <7dc85ed4-62d5-4de1-bdca-b991ec575cf7n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1m2enfg0mvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <6c7c0ec6-e8a0-4d00-a509-1e370a74843en@googlegroups.com>
<op.1nen35afmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <15b28ae3-a78b-4903-9182-1a5bd600d73an@googlegroups.com>
<op.1nkqc7c1mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
Subject: Re: Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)
From: whisky.d...@gmail.com (Whisky-dave)
 by: Whisky-dave - Mon, 13 Jun 2022 12:10 UTC

On Saturday, 11 June 2022 at 01:59:32 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Jun 2022 13:38:40 +0100, Whisky-dave <whisk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> It stops it when the wheels rest against the kerb obviously, everyone knows that.
> > I guess all the roads you stop on have kerbs, even I;'ve had to stop on a hill where there was no kerb at that's in London.
> If there's no kerb, there's usually something uneven about it. Anyway you only need that on a steep hill. Putting it in gear should normally be enough.

Strange thatcars still have handbrakes if they are not needed.

> >> It could go through something else. And sports one sometimes do, but usually not as it's hard to make one that can take that much power.
> >
> > That's not what they are for.
> Not what what are for? Gearboxes or stopping pins?

Hand brakes aren't for power stopping.
Youy don;t use the handbrake for an emergency stop.

> >> Drove 10 miles to what you do. Or not do nightclubs that are for teenagers.
> >
> > You mean for those that are to old to live.
> Are you a teenager?

No, do you think only teenages go to nightclubs.

> >> Surely just print one?
> > I thought they had some sort of ID or serial number, anyway doubt the person that stole it had a printer.
> Most people have a printer.

I don't , I rarely need one.

And you just note down the number. Worked for my uni parking badge! Those fools though I'd pay to go to work!
> >> They're very easy to remove, pull off the airbag cover then undo one nut. Maybe it had all the extras on it for stereo control etc and his didn't..
> >
> > Yeah or some sports style. People will nick anything if they think they can sell it.
> Don't they still steal wheels? Used to be common in cities to see cars on bricks.

Not that I know of, haven;t seen that for years.
Most thefts seems to be amazon boxes left outside

> >> Stealing VW badges used to be the in thing.

> >> No, because they never look 3D like hairs.
> >
> > They aren't meant to, I'm thinking egyptian style
> Religious claptrap.

what has religion got to do with it ?

> >> I prefer someone who's naturally good looking without having to add it..
> >>
> >> Mmmmm Miley Cyrus!
> >
> > She wears quite a bit of makeup and has lots of tattoes that's hardly natrual.
> She'd look amazing without any of that.

So why does she do it.

> > I prefer the more siouxsie sioux style and her music too.
> I don't like her nose.

> >> Most places don't shut for lunch now, even my pharmacist. It's not productive.
> >
> > We don't shut for lunch open from 9-6 term time for labs.
> This whole conversation was about students interrupting your lunchbreak.

Yes. I have a lunch break just liike I have a break to have a shit.

There are two other technicians in the labs, and usually the lecturer and one or two demostrators sometimes more.

Do you let students ask for help while you take a dump.

> > Out of term time it varies but mostly 9-5.
> > But we might have to close for a couple of weeks in july due to holidays.
> > Don't open at the weekends unless there's an event, we can't leave the lab just open with £250k+ worth of equipment in it.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)

By: David Brooks on Wed, 27 Apr 2022

324David Brooks