Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 05:53:27 -0700 (PDT)
<op.1lmhkhc0mvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <rmpcK.259438$Xa1.63966@fx10.ams1>
<op.1lmukcfrmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <PwqcK.89967$3b1.33357@fx14.ams1>
<op.1lmxufq6mvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <YKrcK.38810$ep1.30330@fx03.ams1>
<op.1lm187kxmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <eXCcK.259712$Xa1.31559@fx10.ams1>
<op.1lo0nlsumvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <b13fbaae-487a-49bd-a418-27a3fab9afb2n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1l21axtvmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <7dc85ed4-62d5-4de1-bdca-b991ec575cf7n@googlegroups.com>
<op.1m2enfg0mvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <6c7c0ec6-e8a0-4d00-a509-1e370a74843en@googlegroups.com>
<op.1nen35afmvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <15b28ae3-a78b-4903-9182-1a5bd600d73an@googlegroups.com>
<op.1nkqc7c1mvhs6z@ryzen.lan> <1bea1a7b-c87d-49b9-9ad5-922e83f5a0een@googlegroups.com>
<op.1nspeig0mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>
Subject: Re: Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)
From: whisky.d...@gmail.com (Whisky-dave)
 by: Whisky-dave - Thu, 16 Jun 2022 12:53 UTC

On Wednesday, 15 June 2022 at 09:19:30 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2022 13:10:25 +0100, Whisky-dave <whisk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> If there's no kerb, there's usually something uneven about it. Anyway you only need that on a steep hill. Putting it in gear should normally be enough.
> >
> > Strange thatcars still have handbrakes if they are not needed.
> They are if you live in a steep area, or are too thick to be able to do a hill start with the footbrake.

I thought cars could be used for traveling around and even visiting places you don't live.
Been strange to see a car without a handbrake and there's a warning sticker saying not to be driven to places where you don't live or where there are steep hills.
I know F1 cars dont; have them but it;s not exactly a large market for such cars.

> >> Not what what are for? Gearboxes or stopping pins?
> >
> > Hand brakes aren't for power stopping.
> WTf do you mean "power" stopping. I'm talking about preventing movement when parked.

Yes that was what they are for but yuo seem to think they aren;t needed beacuse you can use steering of just not stoping on slopes is the answer

> > Youy don;t use the handbrake for an emergency stop.
> You do when the footbrake fails. I had a car for 6 months with zero footbrakes, I used gears and the handbrake to come to a stop.

Lucky they yuo had a handbrake in yuor world you say nthey aren;t needed so how would you have stopped the car ?
Oh yes using stearing to the kerb of driving up steep hills to slow down.
You sound like something from a Mr Bean sketch.

> >> Are you a teenager?
> >
> > No, do you think only teenages go to nightclubs.
> Yes, and those who never grew up. Which are you?

Both depending how I feel.
I'm not ready for teh local retirement home, not even ready to book my place as you obviously are.

I guess if Miley Cyrus asked you to go to a nightclub you'd say no because you're both too old.
Have a nice cup of tea and an iced bun and share a bag or werthers originals.
Wow what a life.

> >> Most people have a printer.
> >
> > I don't , I rarely need one.
> You never need to print a returns label etc?

No I do it at work.
I've only had to do that once in teh last 10 years too.
I aviod buying faulty or crap stuff that needs sending back.

> > Most thefts seems to be amazon boxes left outside
> Why do Amazon do that? Hermes do too,

Because the people aren't in seems a reasonable reason.

>I found a parcel at my front door that had been in the rain for hours.

why not make a box leave it with an unlocked padlock and tell anyone to leave the pacels in and lock it.
Seems a simple solution to me.

> >> Religious claptrap.
> >
> > what has religion got to do with it ?
> That's why they did it in Egypt.

So, it;s not done today for that reason.
People men and wonmen used to wear makeup and perfumes so they couldn't smell
the stench of the cities or see the sores on their person.

> >> She'd look amazing without any of that.
> >
> > So why does she do it.
> Because she's an idiot.

So you find iodiots attractive.

> >> I don't like her nose.

> >> This whole conversation was about students interrupting your lunchbreak.
> >
> > Yes. I have a lunch break just like I have a break to have a shit.
>
> Why? Just have a break whenever it's quiet.
Because sometimes it;s not quiet from 9am to 6pm.
Some of our classes are of 600 , we have to split them up throught the day.

> > There are two other technicians in the labs, and usually the lecturer and one or two demostrators sometimes more.
> >
> > Do you let students ask for help while you take a dump.
> That is not as interruptible as eating.

They can learn to wait it''s part of their training for the real world.
Eevn if they only end up in a burger bar they might be open from 6am to midnight but staff are still allowed breaks

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Photo taken in 1977 (was - Mac drive letters?)

By: David Brooks on Wed, 27 Apr 2022

324David Brooks